Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
2Ti 4:4

(ASV) and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.

(BBE) And shutting their ears to what is true, will be turned away to belief in foolish stories.

(CEV) They will turn from the truth and eagerly listen to senseless stories.

(KJV) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

(KJV+) AndG2532 they shall turn awayG654 their earsG189 fromG575 (G3303) theG3588 truth,G225 andG1161 shall be turnedG1624 untoG1909 fables.G3454

(MKJV) And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

For instance, of all the stories the one about Noah and the ark makes far more sense to me as a DNA bank than a guy running around rounding up two of everything and keeping them from eating each other all that time. Panspermia maybe. We can't be all that's out there.
Plus, in the book of Lamech (a book that didn't make it into our Bible) it tells of Lamech coming home after being gone for a long time to find his wife pregnant. Knowing it wasn't his he went to his father, Methuselah and Methuselah couldn't help him so he goes to his great grandfather who was Enoch and Enoch more or less tells him its an artificial insemination. That baby was Noah.

Now in the Bible it says Noah 'was pure in all his generations'. So I ask you, where did such a story come from?
Humanity is evolving away from mythologies, that much is clear. Religious beliefs have nowhere near the power and clout they used to, and as science progresses forward, the god of the gaps pleadings get thinner and thinner. Once, the gods opened every flower, now, they're reduced to being bureaucrats. One day, that too will be taken away from them as they are merely myths and always have been. Will it be borne out? Speculatively, everything we've learned so far shows that the theisms are simply poetic perceptions of existence, important for their time, less relevant as we progress and learn the truth about existence. So yes, eventually when we come to the finish line of what is Truth, the natural explanation will reign supreme.

Hmm, what you said was prophetic.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.

God is speaking here of you and many like you.
2Ti 4:5 and I'm so embarrassed to have thumpers assaulting people in the name of an ancient book of tales and fables.

Humanity is evolving away from mythologies, that much is clear. Religious beliefs have nowhere near the power and clout they used to, and as science progresses forward, the god of the gaps pleadings get thinner and thinner. Once, the gods opened every flower, now, they're reduced to being bureaucrats. One day, that too will be taken away from them as they are merely myths and always have been. Will it be borne out? Speculatively, everything we've learned so far shows that the theisms are simply poetic perceptions of existence, important for their time, less relevant as we progress and learn the truth about existence. So yes, eventually when we come to the finish line of what is Truth, the natural explanation will reign supreme.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 and I'm so embarrassed to have thumpers assaulting people in the name of an ancient book of tales and fables.

It's not my words that are convicting you and it even caused you to be speechless for a while.

That was a prophecy written long before evolution was a thought.

That's so silly.

What's so silly Hollie that writing was written within the first century of the messiah's death. Darwin and the earliest speakings of evolution was in the 1800's. The first complete bible was published in 1,560 and it was the Geneva Bible.

You and many like you are fulfilling prophecy.

1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Here let me help you with that verse as well.

2Ti 4:5 But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry.

Clearly made a difference between you and I.

Last edited:

That's so silly.

What's so silly Hollie that writing was written within the first century of the messiah's death. Darwin and the earliest speakings of evolution was in the 1800's. The first complete bible was published in 1,560 and it was the Geneva Bible.

1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I feel like mankind is no longer satisfied with fairy tales and we are just trying to slake our thirst for knowlege.

2Ti 4:4

(ASV) and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables. exactly
(BBE) And shutting their ears to what is true, will be turned away to belief in foolish stories. As you certainly have done.
(CEV) They will turn from the truth and eagerly listen to senseless stories. What can I say? It's unanamous.(KJV) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

(KJV+) AndG2532 they shall turn awayG654 their earsG189 fromG575 (G3303) theG3588 truth,G225 andG1161 shall be turnedG1624 untoG1909 fables.G3454

(MKJV) And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

It makes more sense every time I hear it.:D

Holly, it appears you've driven our little creationist over the edge. She's trying to bury you in 'scripture' (as if we didn't see THAT coming.):D

Last edited:
For instance, of all the stories the one about Noah and the ark makes far more sense to me as a DNA bank than a guy running around rounding up two of everything and keeping them from eating each other all that time. Panspermia maybe. We can't be all that's out there.
Plus, in the book of Lamech (a book that didn't make it into our Bible) it tells of Lamech coming home after being gone for a long time to find his wife pregnant. Knowing it wasn't his he went to his father, Methuselah and Methuselah couldn't help him so he goes to his great grandfather who was Enoch and Enoch more or less tells him its an artificial insemination. That baby was Noah.

Now in the Bible it says Noah 'was pure in all his generations'. So I ask you, where did such a story come from?

god isn't saying shit about anyone one in perticular..
those passages are ambigious in the extreme
and out of context...

It's not my words that are convicting you and it even caused you to be speechless for a while.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:another pile of shit .....

That's so silly.

it's silly and stupid
and and unprovable, in the nearly 2000 years since it's first issue none of the miraculous events discribed in it have ever been proven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back