Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and daws water is necessary to form fossils that is correct but you need dirt that forms mud the mud turns to rock so you need the sun to dry the mud and make the rock fossils are found in.

So it was a flood that put fossils on mountains not as you claim they were fossils on the ocean floor but thanks for once again exposing your ignorance.

If marine fossils were formed in water how did you get dry land fossils in the same strata ? I am waiting for your response.

Since you got the other thread closed we will get this thread going again.

You were looking for the term Hypotheses nitwit. I showed you why your graph was in error in the other thread.

You really should stick to a subject you know something about if you can't handle a 7th grade question :razz:
making shit up to cover you ignorance fucking typical!

LOL you're silly.

Quote by daws

"I just did.
you're kinda slow on the uptake.
since those fossils cannot be formed anywhere except under water and only between the surface and a certain depth. and liquid water for the most part is found in the lowest places on the earths surface. it's obvious that they could not have formed on dry land mountains, so other then fictional supernatural intervention the only logical conclusion is plate tectonics .
you did know that the Rockies are where the continental plate and the pacific plate meet that's why they're mountains.
got it or do I have to explain 6th grade science to you?
what were once seabed's were forced upwards by the plates grinding into each other"

So you're saying there were no mountains ? hmm you're a flat earther :razz:

You see daws yo agree with the bible and so does science.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form and empty. And darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land, Earth. And He called the gathering together of the waters, Seas. And God saw that it was good.

The mountains were not as high at one point because God say's

Psa 104:8 (The mountains rose, the valleys sank down) Unto the place which thou hadst founded for them.

But we now know those mountains were not as high as they are now. The organisms were not created yet so the fossils came after plate tectonics happened.

Explain to me if fossils do not form on ocean floors now how did they do it in the past then explain how in the same strata you have dry land fossils buried in the same strata as marine fossils. Do you need me to explain how fossils are formed ?

So science and you agree with the bible just not your twisted explanations.
wrong again you're attempting to twist the bible to fit your own willfully ignorant and false vision of reality .

neither of those passages are evidence of any kind.
I never said fossils did not form on ocean floors
again you as always are making a false assumption that no fossils are forming today.
the strata question has already been answered you just don't like the out come.
as to plate tectonics you're so full shit it's running out your ears.

Oh and daws water is necessary to form fossils that is correct but you need dirt that forms mud the mud turns to rock so you need the sun to dry the mud and make the rock fossils are found in.

So it was a flood that put fossils on mountains not as you claim they were fossils on the ocean floor but thanks for once again exposing your ignorance.

If marine fossils were formed in water how did you get dry land fossils in the same strata ? I am waiting for your response.

again talking shit. IT WAS YOU who got the other thread closed.
as to rest of your yammering " thanks for once again exposing your ignorance."

God's ways are higher than our ways.

There is no comparison to earthly experience or the man created scientific method to what exists in realms above ours.

Good luck with that.

making shit up to cover you ignorance fucking typical!

LOL you're silly.

Quote by daws

"I just did.
since those fossils cannot be formed anywhere except under water and only between the surface and a certain depth. and liquid water for the most part is found in the lowest places on the earths surface. it's obvious that they could not have formed on dry land mountains, so other then fictional supernatural intervention the only logical conclusion is plate tectonics .
you did know that the Rockies are where the continental plate and the pacific plate meet that's why they're mountains.
what were once seabed's were forced upwards by the plates grinding into each other"

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form and empty. And darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land, Earth. And He called the gathering together of the waters, Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Psa 104:8 (The mountains rose, the valleys sank down) Unto the place which thou hadst founded for them.

But we now know those mountains were not as high as they are now. The organisms were not created yet so the fossils came after plate tectonics happened.

Explain to me if fossils do not form on ocean floors now how did they do it in the past then explain how in the same strata you have dry land fossils buried in the same strata as marine fossils. Do you need me to explain how fossils are formed ?

wrong again you're attempting to twist the bible to fit your own willfully ignorant and false vision of reality .

'I never said fossils did not form on ocean floors'
again you as always are making a false assumption that no fossils are forming today.

Daws comment

I said that is what you were suggesting that fossils form on ocean floors but one problem fossils do not form on ocean floors. Organisms float and are eaten by scavengers same as on the land you need rapid burial. Mud is what covers organisms and is hardened by the sun to form rock that is where fossils are found.

Now how do you get the dry land organisms in the same strata ? you see both marine organisms and dry land animals and plants had to be buried in the same mud that formed the rock strata that they are found in. That is 7 layers of strata world wide where we find marine and land fossils buried together.

The fossils we are discussing were not found in lava flows so that rules out volcanoes. Not saying fossils can't be preserved in lava flows but these fossils were found in strata that was once mud but is now rock.

So your response is plate tectonics but that does not answer the question. Once again you're accepting a theory for an answer that really don't answer the question.

Last edited:

He said enough after 4 of your comments :razz:

He said enough after 4 of your comments :razz:
wrong as always !

LOL you're silly.

Quote by daws

"I just did.

Daws comment

I said that is what you were suggesting that fossils form on ocean floors but one problem fossils do not form on ocean floors. Organisms float and are eaten by scavengers same as on the land you need rapid burial. Mud is what covers organisms and is hardened by the sun to form rock that is where fossils are found.

Now how do you get the dry land organisms in the same strata ? you see both marine organisms and dry land animals and plants had to be buried in the same mud that formed the rock strata that they are found in. That is 7 layers of strata world wide where we find marine and land fossils buried together.

The fossils we are discussing were not found in lava flows so that rules out volcanoes. Not saying fossils can't be preserved in lava flows but there fossils were found in strata that was once mud but is now rock.

So your response is plate tectonics but that does not answer the question. Once again you're accepting a theory for an answer that really don't answer the question.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

According to the creationists, all species (or basic kinds--whatever), living and extinct were created at the same time and the fossil record was laid down by the biblical flood.

If that were the case, you would find fossils of the approximately 5,000 present-day species of mammals, including humans, and of the approximately 10,000 present-day species of birds, mixed in with the fossils of, for example, dinosaurs. You do not and will never find such a mixture. That is because they are separated in time by more than 60 million years and the fossil record reflects that fact. The only fossils of mammals and birds that are found in the same strata as dinosaurs are primitive types quite unlike anything that exists today (even if you consider the "kinds" that creationists refer to as the source of present-day mammals and birds). And you will also not find those fossils of present-day mammals and birds in the same strata with trilobites, or of numerous other early types of animals.

And that scenario even continues after the demise of the dinosaurs. There are numerous strata which show that mammals became predominate for several tens of millions of years on up to today. But the strata that was laid down during the first half of that time contains a large number of fossils of mammals quite unlike anything that exists today, and again, none of the fossils are of present-day mammals, including humans, and present-day birds. As those strata get progressively younger, you begin to see more and more fossils of mammals and birds that are similar to the present-day species. That includes hominid fossils, which are present only in the strata laid down in the past few million years. Hominid fossils are totally absent in the vast number of earlier fossil-containing strata.

Thus, if you look at the geological strata, you will find a changing representation of species through the oldest to the youngest strata, and those changes reflect an evolutionary process.

For example, in the Cambrian, you will find the initial appearance of most of the phyla, but they will be only very primitive species--none of which exist today--belonging to those phyla. You will not find one single amphibian, reptile, dinosaur, bird, mammal, or teleost fish. And as you progress through the strata you will find new forms, but still nothing like what you would find today until you get to relatively young strata. That is not what you would find if the fossil record had been laid down by a flood such as that described in the Bible. But it is what would be expected in an evolutionary scenario.

This is not a matter of interpreting things according to one's belief, as creationists usually say. It is a matter of honestly accepting the evidence for what it says. The Bible believer holds that all things must be interpreted according to the Bible. Therefore, they are are forced to be dishonest in interpreting the evidence.

The geological strata indicate an evolutionary progression. If there was no evolutionary progression, but all species (or kinds, whatever) had been created at the same time, then there would be no evolutionary progression in the strata. That is fact.

A flood such as described in the Bible would not leave stratified deposits on the tops of mountains. The material forming deposits would flow down the sides of the mountains. The same for marine fossil deposits. How would the shells of clams end up on the tops of mountains, even Mount Everest? Clams couldn't swim to the tops of the mountains, nor could they climb up the sides of mountains.

Plate tectonics explains why sea shells and other marine deposits are found on mountain tops. Sections, or plates, of the earth's crust are constantly moving, albeit very slowly, about an inch or so per year. This movement has been measured with scientific instruments and has been tracked in the analysis of paleomagnetism and other means. In areas where one plate impinges upon another, the movement forces the earth's crust to uplift, which is what causes mountains to build up over millions of years. If the area that was uplifted was originally a part of the sea floor, then any sea shells and other marine fossil deposits would be uplifted during the mountain building as well.

http://www.doeacckolkata.in/Piyali-geogr…

one more time -----Plate tectonics explains why sea shells and other marine deposits are found on mountain tops.

Last edited:
Marine fossils on mountains do not confirm the Flood

Another argument that creationists make regarding evidence for a global flood is the fact that some mountains have marine fossils on them. Such fossils could only be present if the land forming those mountains wasn’t under water at one time.

Doesn’t that show that there was once a global flood?

Actually, no it doesn’t.
Carumbas Blog: Marine fossils on mountains do not confirm the Flood

Daws comment

The fossils we are discussing were not found in lava flows so that rules out volcanoes. Not saying fossils can't be preserved in lava flows but there fossils were found in strata that was once mud but is now rock.

According to the creationists, all species (or basic kinds--whatever), living and extinct were created at the same time and the fossil record was laid down by the biblical flood.

If that were the case, you would find fossils of the approximately 5,000 present-day species of mammals, including humans, and of the approximately 10,000 present-day species of birds, mixed in with the fossils of, for example, dinosaurs. You do not and will never find such a mixture. That is because they are separated in time by more than 60 million years and the fossil record reflects that fact. The only fossils of mammals and birds that are found in the same strata as dinosaurs are primitive types quite unlike anything that exists today (even if you consider the "kinds" that creationists refer to as the source of present-day mammals and birds). And you will also not find those fossils of present-day mammals and birds in the same strata with trilobites, or of numerous other early types of animals.

And that scenario even continues after the demise of the dinosaurs. There are numerous strata which show that mammals became predominate for several tens of millions of years on up to today. But the strata that was laid down during the first half of that time contains a large number of fossils of mammals quite unlike anything that exists today, and again, none of the fossils are of present-day mammals, including humans, and present-day birds. As those strata get progressively younger, you begin to see more and more fossils of mammals and birds that are similar to the present-day species. That includes hominid fossils, which are present only in the strata laid down in the past few million years. Hominid fossils are totally absent in the vast number of earlier fossil-containing strata.

Thus, if you look at the geological strata, you will find a changing representation of species through the oldest to the youngest strata, and those changes reflect an evolutionary process.

For example, in the Cambrian, you will find the initial appearance of most of the phyla, but they will be only very primitive species--none of which exist today--belonging to those phyla. You will not find one single amphibian, reptile, dinosaur, bird, mammal, or teleost fish. And as you progress through the strata you will find new forms, but still nothing like what you would find today until you get to relatively young strata. That is not what you would find if the fossil record had been laid down by a flood such as that described in the Bible. But it is what would be expected in an evolutionary scenario.

This is not a matter of interpreting things according to one's belief, as creationists usually say. It is a matter of honestly accepting the evidence for what it says. The Bible believer holds that all things must be interpreted according to the Bible. Therefore, they are are forced to be dishonest in interpreting the evidence.

The geological strata indicate an evolutionary progression. If there was no evolutionary progression, but all species (or kinds, whatever) had been created at the same time, then there would be no evolutionary progression in the strata. That is fact.

A flood such as described in the Bible would not leave stratified deposits on the tops of mountains. The material forming deposits would flow down the sides of the mountains. The same for marine fossil deposits. How would the shells of clams end up on the tops of mountains, even Mount Everest? Clams couldn't swim to the tops of the mountains, nor could they climb up the sides of mountains.

Plate tectonics explains why sea shells and other marine deposits are found on mountain tops. Sections, or plates, of the earth's crust are constantly moving, albeit very slowly, about an inch or so per year. This movement has been measured with scientific instruments and has been tracked in the analysis of paleomagnetism and other means. In areas where one plate impinges upon another, the movement forces the earth's crust to uplift, which is what causes mountains to build up over millions of years. If the area that was uplifted was originally a part of the sea floor, then any sea shells and other marine fossil deposits would be uplifted during the mountain building as well.

one more time -----Plate tectonics explains why sea shells and other marine deposits are found on mountain tops.

No it don't if this was the case you're depending on volcanoes distributing these fossils on mountain tops and that is not the case.

Amazing World: Massive Whale Fossil Graveyard In Chile

Massive Dinosaur "Graveyard" Discovered in Spain

Joel kontinen: Huge Fossil Graveyard Found in China

Fossils - Truth That Matters

How do you explain these massive fossil graveyards world wide ? the walls are closing in daws.

Daws comment

No it don't if this was the case you're depending on volcanoes distributing these fossils on mountain tops and that is not the case.

How do you explain these massive fossil graveyards world wide ? the walls are closing in daws.

How do you explain your utter lack of knowledge regarding science?

Daws it's really comical watching you flail. The bible gives a better account of what happened then your text book.

There are many versions of many bibles.

One constant among them all is their lack of credibility regarding the natural world.

How do you explain your utter lack of knowledge regarding science?

I hold a degree in science how bout you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back