🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowdstrike

which defeats the original question of HOW they are configured.

they had an image.

really? amazon passes those out? microsoft? rackspace? not normally but i suppose this would be an exception. but to get an "image" of 140 servers in their overall network configuration would be quite interesting.

goodnight now.

They're configured through an admin console, where you create machines, choosing from a variety of OS and hardware options.

140 images of the hard drives. Again through the console.

They sell or rent those.
Still a physical machine

There is hardware involved but you could never put your hands on a single virtual machine and carry it to the FBI lab for analysis.

If their running Hyper-V or VMWare, it would be easy to make a portable copy.

Even if they're running a physical server they can run a diskcopy utility to an external hard drive. Easy to do.

If Logging and/or auditing is turned on., all connections would have been logged.
Not without an ftp tool. Which means third party sw. and there would be a footprint .

C'mon, stop trying to pretend that you know something about computers. FTP is not needed at all. It's rather outdated anyway. (I still use it for some things, but I'm an old fashion command-line type of guy).

23 pages and growing!

This thread obviously struck fear and panic in the liberals :)

CROWDSTRIKE! :safetocomeoutff:
Tell us more about this mythical server you believe is hidden in Ukraine?

Is it stuck in a stone like Excaliber?

They're configured through an admin console, where you create machines, choosing from a variety of OS and hardware options.

They sell or rent those.
Still a physical machine

There is hardware involved but you could never put your hands on a single virtual machine and carry it to the FBI lab for analysis.

Even if they're running a physical server they can run a diskcopy utility to an external hard drive. Easy to do.

If Logging and/or auditing is turned on., all connections would have been logged.
Not without an ftp tool. Which means third party sw. and there would be a footprint .

C'mon, stop trying to pretend that you know something about computers. FTP is not needed at all. It's rather outdated anyway. (I still use it for some things, but I'm an old fashion command-line type of guy).
Accept the internet is my business and dude without the ftp, you ain’t getting nothing

THAT is the one word that set the democrats hair on fire..."CROWDSTRIKE".

It was in the TRANSCRIPT!

When the democrat server was "hacked"...by the "russians"...the FBI never saw that server...debbie wasserman schultz wouldn't allow the FBI anywhere near the server.

So how did the FBI know that the "russians" "Hacked" the server?

CROWDSTRIKE told them so.

This is the very origin of the russia-collusion coup attempt & MANY democrats know this will get them the death penalty!

How would you act if you knew you were going to be executed for your crimes? A little bit CRAZY perhaps?

Would you start doing desperate & illogical things?

Would you try to take out the president before he takes you out and exposes your crimes?

Would your eyeballs start bugging out of your head?

Hey democrats...CROWDSTRIKE!!! :50:

It's all over but the :206:

I look at the front page of this board and there are a least a dozen new threads, either decrying the impeachment, threatening civil war, or deflecting to Hillary/Obama/the Democrats, and all started by members of the 1,000 post a month club. So many Trumpbots going crazy since the impeachment started.

What will they do when it's over, and Trump is facing charges and prison time?

Still a physical machine

Accept the internet is my business and dude without the ftp, you ain’t getting nothing

Yeah- and your dating profile photo is this- we just need to accept what you say......
upload_2019-11-1_12-48-48.jpeg

Still a physical machine

So tell me why a 3rd party software would be necessary?

Trump, Ukraine, Crowdstrike and Servers - What Gives? - Security Boulevard

When it became aware of the breach, the DNC alerted the FBI and retained forensic investigators from Crowdstrike to investigate. That is pretty much what victims of hacking do: They alert law enforcement and conduct their own forensic investigation.

Crowdstrike, for its part, did what forensic investigators do when there’s a data breach: They followed standard data collection and forensic protocols, collected log data and other data and provided it forensically to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies. Sometimes in such cases, the forensics are done by the FBI or other law enforcement agency, but more often than not, it’s done by a third-party forensics entity using the same or similar tools to what the FBI would do. Chain of custody, forensic tools and other precautions typically are taken to ensure that the data is usable after the fact.

Now those of us in the forensic community understand (well, most of us do) that, particularly when it comes to the cloud, data rarely resides on “a server.” In fact, as a result of the hack, the DNC ultimately imaged and then decommissioned more than 140 servers and hundreds of individual PCs. The images were provided to the FBI, which again is standard forensic procedure. Crowdstrike, under the direction of the DNC, provided the FBI with disk images, memory dumps, network logs, IDS/IPS logs, endpoint management logs and other relevant data. Like the company typically would do.

Putting politics (and conspiracy theories) aside, it’s really not unusual for entities that suffer a data breach to have a forensic company conduct an investigation, collect data, image drives and provide the results to law enforcement. It’s not unusual to rebuild infected machines, especially if they were infected by an APT. You hire forensic investigators (rather than relying on the FBI or other law enforcement) so you can control the investigation, so you can be kept advised of the status and scope of the investigation, so you can protect data you don’t want disclosed (e.g., privileged information without waiver) and so you can decide what information to give voluntarily to law enforcement. You do that to protect the privacy of your employees, donors, customers, clients, contractors, etc., and so you can make an informed decision about what to do next. But you do it in a way that preserves the integrity of the data. And you work with law enforcement to keep them advised of what you are doing. It appears that’s what happened in the case of Crowdstrike, and the FBI noted that it got all of the information it needed and the forensic copies of data it received were a perfectly “adequate substitute” for access to the original data. And, there ain’t no “server.”

So what the hell does Donald Trump think he was demanding from Ukraine?

All the Democrats have done in the last 30 years is have consensual b******... Republicans have been a never-ending lying scumbag scam and disaster.... Thanks for Wrecking the middle class with these tax rates Tama yes and I'll corrupt bubble and bust and recession, allowing 911 through sheer incompetence, the stupidest Wars ever and then another corrupt GOP World depression. Now you've screwed up Iran based on idiocy, given North Korea everything they wanted, ditto Putin, and now this. he gets elected again that will be the end of respect around the world.
See what I mean. Nothing found on Trump but you won't move on yet you expect others to do what you suggest even though you won't.
Whatever.... The problem is Democrats never do any of this stuff. They are politicians not scumbag businessman failure fraud idiot at this point.go back and read that daily beast article on what Mueller found there's plenty of evidence of obstruction and collusion and conspiracy but Mueller did not believe he could indict a sitting president and basically said Congress should look into it. So they are. He's a scumbag idiot. Google Trump collusion and obstruction in the Mueller report.
*cough* kavanaugh
And you are simply full of shit and a 1 sided asshole.
kavanaugh what, dingbat? some lady said he assaulted her in high school and really wanted to tell her story and she was a highly respected woman. Why does the Republican Party have to nominate perverts frauds Hipocrites? That's the real question. Supreme Court judges senators representatives andpresidents for crying out loud. Probably because recently they have to be bought off scumbag morons. It's very bad for the psyche.
And he wasn’t respected? Dude, do you hear yourself?
No he is not especially respected. LOL there were two other women also. Whatever he'll be okay. He is not a brainwashed functional moron he is a trained well-educated lawyer and judge. You people think he's going to do the craziness you want you're crazy. I hope. Of course any Democrat nominee with that baggage would be withdrawn immediately. .... The new Reaganist garbage propaganda GOP is a disgrace, super duper. And Trump oh my God....

Trump, Ukraine, Crowdstrike and Servers - What Gives? - Security Boulevard

When it became aware of the breach, the DNC alerted the FBI and retained forensic investigators from Crowdstrike to investigate. That is pretty much what victims of hacking do: They alert law enforcement and conduct their own forensic investigation.

Crowdstrike, for its part, did what forensic investigators do when there’s a data breach: They followed standard data collection and forensic protocols, collected log data and other data and provided it forensically to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies. Sometimes in such cases, the forensics are done by the FBI or other law enforcement agency, but more often than not, it’s done by a third-party forensics entity using the same or similar tools to what the FBI would do. Chain of custody, forensic tools and other precautions typically are taken to ensure that the data is usable after the fact.

Now those of us in the forensic community understand (well, most of us do) that, particularly when it comes to the cloud, data rarely resides on “a server.” In fact, as a result of the hack, the DNC ultimately imaged and then decommissioned more than 140 servers and hundreds of individual PCs. The images were provided to the FBI, which again is standard forensic procedure. Crowdstrike, under the direction of the DNC, provided the FBI with disk images, memory dumps, network logs, IDS/IPS logs, endpoint management logs and other relevant data. Like the company typically would do.

Putting politics (and conspiracy theories) aside, it’s really not unusual for entities that suffer a data breach to have a forensic company conduct an investigation, collect data, image drives and provide the results to law enforcement. It’s not unusual to rebuild infected machines, especially if they were infected by an APT. You hire forensic investigators (rather than relying on the FBI or other law enforcement) so you can control the investigation, so you can be kept advised of the status and scope of the investigation, so you can protect data you don’t want disclosed (e.g., privileged information without waiver) and so you can decide what information to give voluntarily to law enforcement. You do that to protect the privacy of your employees, donors, customers, clients, contractors, etc., and so you can make an informed decision about what to do next. But you do it in a way that preserves the integrity of the data. And you work with law enforcement to keep them advised of what you are doing. It appears that’s what happened in the case of Crowdstrike, and the FBI noted that it got all of the information it needed and the forensic copies of data it received were a perfectly “adequate substitute” for access to the original data. And, there ain’t no “server.”

So what the hell does Donald Trump think he was demanding from Ukraine?

It doesn't matter imo. As long as he gets a very public announcement of the criminal investigation in to his opponents, he will use it, point to it at the Nuremberg Rallies right up to the election. After that, it will go away like the hoards of invaders on our southern boarder.

(well not anymore)

I did already

Still a physical machine

I guess that HTTP & HTTPS are above your level.

So? We're 60 pages in.... any yahoo find even a shred of evidence yet that the DNC server is in Ukraine or that CrowdStrike was the real hacker?

I did already

:springbed::umno:

So? We're 60 pages in.... any yahoo find even a shred of evidence yet that the DNC server is in Ukraine or that CrowdStrike was the real hacker?

That MUST be intentional because NOBODY could be THAT stupid!

Did anybody claim the DNC server is in Ukraine?

Did anybody claim CrowdStrike was the hacker?

Go back to page 1 and read the 1st post!

Go back to page 1 and read the 1st post!
"That MUST be intentional because NOBODY could be THAT stupid! Did anybody claim the DNC server is in Ukraine?"

LOLOLOLOLOL

Oh, yeah, this is gonna be fun.

giphy.gif

"The server, they say Ukraine has it." ~ Donald J. Trump, 7.25.2019

who ever said the DNC was on AWS vs. Azure vs. their own cloud?

I never said what service they used. They're all pretty much have the same functionality. I was going to let "vs. their own cloud" slide, but one of the advantaged of using one of these services is the company no longer has to worry about physically maintaining a network. All you need is a good internet connection.

as for AWS, i've got my own rackmount server at home

They all offer dedicated server services too. Renting rack mounted servers, an actual physical device that could be pulled off the rack and inspected at a different location. But that's not what the DNC had, so I've read.
which defeats the original question of HOW they are configured.

they had an image.

really? amazon passes those out? microsoft? rackspace? not normally but i suppose this would be an exception. but to get an "image" of 140 servers in their overall network configuration would be quite interesting.

goodnight now.

They sell or rent those.
Eh the number of drives would depend on the number of "snapshots" being the term you are looking for, and size of drives. 1 per a drive is kinda... Stupid.

The snapshot or imagine is an exact duplicate of the hard drive. Now it is possible to attach more than one volume of course.......

The Shakedown King thinks his followers are that stupid.

The Shakedown King wants the Ukraine to publicly announce an investigation into it.

I'm usually laughing to hard when they assert the first two that I never hear the third whopper.

When the democrat server was "hacked"...by the "russians"...the FBI never saw that server...debbie wasserman schultz wouldn't allow the FBI anywhere near the server.

This is the very origin of the russia-collusion coup attempt & MANY democrats know this will get them the death penalty!

How would you act if you knew you were going to be executed for your crimes? A little bit CRAZY perhaps?

Would you try to take out the president before he takes you out and exposes your crimes?

There's the original post shills...where does it make such claims?

There's the original post shills...where does it make such claims?
Poor guy ^^^ now he's mumbling to himself. <smh>

Forum List

Back