🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowdstrike

so where was the data in a actual cloud? you have no clue you fool. It's still a server, a physical machine. if you think data is stored in open space, it's next to your brain.

Dumbshit...it's on like 1400 machines...that's how the cloud works.

Gonna impound them all?

They image the hard drives...That's how THAT works.
this makes zero sense.

if they're cloud based, then they don't usually have access to these hard drives. the virtual machines can be loaded from an image but they will change soon after according to business needs. they would need to impound the entire cloud server farm if even possible depending on the cloud farm design to get them all, if they are indeed virtual.

what i am asking for is how you know there are 1400 servers OF WHICH would be "virtual" OF WHICH would be on a server farm large enough to hold 1400 virtual machines.

at this point you simply have zero clue as to what you are talking about so asking for a link to the server configuration is pointless because you have no idea how IT departments configure things to begin with.

now, can you tell me where you got the 1400 # from? that's a lot of servers for the DNC to be sure, virtual or otherwise.

It would be impractical to impound the whole farm and it would be impossible to slice out it a virtual server regardless of where the hardware is. You'd still need the virtualization software to allocate the CPU and Main memory to load the OS from the designated storage location. Then you'd still only be able to access the server remotely anyway.
But the question on 140 computers is... Which image did they have? Did the find ground 0? If you can't access the entire network, what exactly did they review?

An image, I hear.

Which image is now a valid question.

All of them. Not only a copy of the storage for each machine but a snapshot of the active processes running on each computer on the network at the time Crowdstrike started it's investigation.

so where was the data in a actual cloud? you have no clue you fool. It's still a server, a physical machine. if you think data is stored in open space, it's next to your brain.

Gonna impound them all?

this makes zero sense.

if they're cloud based, then they don't usually have access to these hard drives. the virtual machines can be loaded from an image but they will change soon after according to business needs. they would need to impound the entire cloud server farm if even possible depending on the cloud farm design to get them all, if they are indeed virtual.

what i am asking for is how you know there are 1400 servers OF WHICH would be "virtual" OF WHICH would be on a server farm large enough to hold 1400 virtual machines.

at this point you simply have zero clue as to what you are talking about so asking for a link to the server configuration is pointless because you have no idea how IT departments configure things to begin with.

now, can you tell me where you got the 1400 # from? that's a lot of servers for the DNC to be sure, virtual or otherwise.

It would be impractical to impound the whole farm and it would be impossible to slice out it a virtual server regardless of where the hardware is. You'd still need the virtualization software to allocate the CPU and Main memory to load the OS from the designated storage location. Then you'd still only be able to access the server remotely anyway.
But the question on 140 computers is... Which image did they have? Did the find ground 0? If you can't access the entire network, what exactly did they review?

An image, I hear.

All of them. Not only a copy of the storage for each machine but a snapshot of the active processes running on each computer on the network at the time Crowdstrike started it's investigation.
so they got a snapshot of 140 VMs "in action"? pretty hard to do that as far as i know. a snapshot is simply a copy of the configuration and logs at the time. if things are happening "in action" then how do we know what got caught at the time of this massive snapshot?

a snapshot of a process on it's own is pretty useless without examining everything else around it.

and then, were all of these 140 VMs on one machine? if so how much RAM and HD space is allocated to each machine? if only 500gb, not much these days, that's 70tb of storage you need to have JUST FOR the VMs, not to mention your own server overhead.

RAM - if 4gb each, again not much these days for a server, but we need a number, that's well over 560+gb JUST FOR VMs and again, not overhead for the server to manage this.

Overhead Memory on Virtual Machines

there's your base overhead for RAM alone so this would be a pretty beefy machine.

so it would stand to reason this likely wasn't on 1 machine, rackmount or otherwise. now if on multiple machines, it gets more fun to get this activity pieced together and a single image will do you zero good unless it was just a freak in how the hacking traversed the network, if it was even hacked to begin with.

we can keep going if you understand what i'm getting at. if you're just parroting what you're told we're both going to get frustrated.

Last edited:
42 percent, brainwashed functional morons support him. And the greedy rich idiots....
It is still 140 servers. Now even you dupes are lying
which server did the russian's hack then? how did clowdstrike go back through and find their IP address? and the third party software?
The DNC server and the podesta server. Hilarious. And you are an interested GOP voter. You people know absolutely nothing. Just garbage propaganda.... Hillary's server was not hacked. At least there is no evidence it was. The whole thing is one big irrelevant piece of s***. And our pathetic media spent 60% of its coverage of the election on it. you people are all sure she was covering up something but you have no idea what it is and neither does anybody else LOL aaarrrggghhh......
Wait everyone is saying the virtual servers 140 of them. You all can’t keep your story straight
Yes 140 servers I am no computer expert and don't want to be thanks. the point is it has all been investigated multiple times and nothing is ever found but stupid irrelevant emails between staffers and GOP garbage propaganda. so you people have to believe now that our institutions are corrupt and only the scumbag orange clown can save us. Poor America.
Did they have 140 snapshots and recreated a cloud based network?

This is very different than "an image" was sent.

I doubt it. That wouldn't give them the state of all the processes in main memory or what the CPU's were doing?

The DNC didn't know Russia had hacked them when they called Crowdstrike. First thing Crowdstrike did was back everything up. Before they shut the network down they had to track all the processes that were running. All of that goes away when you shut down the computers.

which server did the russian's hack then? how did clowdstrike go back through and find their IP address? and the third party software?
The DNC server and the podesta server. Hilarious. And you are an interested GOP voter. You people know absolutely nothing. Just garbage propaganda.... Hillary's server was not hacked. At least there is no evidence it was. The whole thing is one big irrelevant piece of s***. And our pathetic media spent 60% of its coverage of the election on it. you people are all sure she was covering up something but you have no idea what it is and neither does anybody else LOL aaarrrggghhh......
Wait everyone is saying the virtual servers 140 of them. You all can’t keep your story straight
Yes 140 servers I am no computer expert and don't want to be thanks. the point is it has all been investigated multiple times and nothing is ever found but stupid irrelevant emails between staffers and GOP garbage propaganda. so you people have to believe now that our institutions are corrupt and only the scumbag orange clown can save us. Poor America.
Did they have 140 snapshots and recreated a cloud based network?

This is very different than "an image" was sent.

I doubt it. That wouldn't give them the state of all the processes in main memory or what the CPU's were doing?

The DNC didn't know Russia had hacked them when they called Crowdstrike. First thing Crowdstrike did was back everything up. Before they shut the network down they had to track all the processes that were running. All of that goes away when you shut down the computers.
the logs keep that information, however. this is how you track back who is doing what to a large degree. it's a HUGE PITA to put together and not a simple thing by any means.

when you find a machine infected, you still need an EDR/XDR type solution to find "patient zero" or where it all started, or just be damn good and figure it out yourself. then you can try to trace back who it got in to begin with. having an image of an infected server *may* give you some info but if it's not "patient 0" then it becomes a guessing game based on tactics used at times.

at the time this happened im not sure EDR was even common or in use, much less XDR.

now - if according to you all this "goes away" - then what purpose does an image serve vs. looking at the actual machine?

you're digging a hole here, dude.

Gonna impound them all?

this makes zero sense.

An image, I hear.

so they got a snapshot of 140 VMs "in action"? pretty hard to do that as far as i know. a snapshot is simply a copy of the configuration and logs at the time. if things are happening "in action" then how do we know what got caught at the time of this massive snapshot?

a snapshot of a process on it's own is pretty useless without examining everything else around it.

and then, were all of these 140 VMs on one machine? if so how much RAM and HD space is allocated to each machine? if only 500gb, not much these days, that's 70tb of storage you need to have JUST FOR the VMs, not to mention your own server overhead.

RAM - if 4gb each, again not much these days for a server, but we need a number, that's well over 560+gb JUST FOR VMs and again, not overhead for the server to manage this.

there's your base overhead for RAM alone so this would be a pretty beefy machine.

so it would stand to reason this likely wasn't on 1 machine, rackmount or otherwise. now if on multiple machines, it gets more fun to get this activity pieced together and a single image will do you zero good unless it was just a freak in how the hacking traversed the network, if it was even hacked to begin with.

we can keep going if you understand what i'm getting at. if you're just parroting what you're told we're both going to get frustrated.

I understand what you're getting at. What you don't get is the administration of a cloud network, and how the virtual computers get provisioned and networks are configured (or how those fuckers at AWS and Azure try to nickle and dime you).

now - if according to you all this "goes away" - then what purpose does an image serve vs. looking at the actual machine?

It does. After their software finished, they shut it all down. Then they looked at the results.

this makes zero sense.

An image, I hear.

I understand what you're getting at. What you don't get is the administration of a cloud network, and how the virtual computers get provisioned and networks are configured (or how those fuckers at AWS and Azure try to nickle and dime you).

It does. After their software finished, they shut it all down. Then they looked at the results.
so were they on AWS, Azure or did they build their own private cloud?

you keep lobbing out key IT words and phrases but they simply don't link up.

i'll bow out and leave you to your righteous indignation now.

An image, I hear.

exactly. well played. It's really what I stated, the narrative changes on every post they make. it was this and then it was that, and then no, it was really this, or maybe it was over there. It's like the strawman's body parts, my stomach's over there, and my legs are over there and my everything is missing. hahahahahaha. dude, can't make up make believe. It's all it is. There is absolutely no evidence any fking where that russia did a fking thing. NADDA.

rouge baby, rouge. manufactured to take out the will of the people. plain and simple.

Last edited:

An image, I hear.

exactly. well played. It's really what I stated, the narrative changes on every post they make. it was this and then it was that, and then no, it was really this, or maybe it was over there. It's like the strawman's bodies, my stomach's over there, and my legs are over there and my everything is missing. hahahahahaha. dude, can't make up make believe. It's all it is. There is absolutely no evidence any fking where that russia did a fking thing. NADDA.

rouge baby, rouge. manufactured to take out the will of the people. plain and simple.
well he goes off in 1 direction and i follow. ok, let's go. but then the direction shifts to ensure it still fits the narrative but technically, it doesn't shift that fast.

140 VMs on a single machine is pretty impressive. i showed that and can pull out VMWare sizing guides as a reference. only suddenly it's different when we keep going down that path and we hit another path.

only, there really are not links from one road to another, so what he's after simply isn't possible in the manner in which he's taking it. not an IT genius by any means but i understand the verbiage enough to know when someone else doesn't.

exactly. well played. It's really what I stated, the narrative changes on every post they make. it was this and then it was that, and then no, it was really this, or maybe it was over there. It's like the strawman's bodies, my stomach's over there, and my legs are over there and my everything is missing. hahahahahaha. dude, can't make up make believe. It's all it is. There is absolutely no evidence any fking where that russia did a fking thing. NADDA.

well he goes off in 1 direction and i follow. ok, let's go. but then the direction shifts to ensure it still fits the narrative but technically, it doesn't shift that fast.

140 VMs on a single machine is pretty impressive. i showed that and can pull out VMWare sizing guides as a reference. only suddenly it's different when we keep going down that path and we hit another path.

only, there really are not links from one road to another, so what he's after simply isn't possible in the manner in which he's taking it. not an IT genius by any means but i understand the verbiage enough to know when someone else doesn't.
what is truly funny is that blindnut states they loaded third party software, but if there are let's say 140 physical servers, how did they know which machine to install it on? if it's all virtual on one machine, then the software is still there in logs. no matter what the hackers would have done. Unless they were able to clear all cache and delete program files off the logs.

Folks, you all are witnessing bullshit, the bullshit one can't make up, and the left is proud of.

And message board IT wannabe's are complicit.

what is truly funny is that blindnut states they loaded third party software, but if there are let's say 140 physical servers, how did they know which machine to install it on? if it's all virtual on one machine, then the software is still there in logs. no matter what the hackers would have done. Unless they were able to clear all cache and delete program files off the logs.

Folks, you all are witnessing bullshit, the bullshit one can't make up, and the left is proud of.

what you're saying at least makes complete sense in the context we're discussing. he is just lobbing turds on the wall to see what sticks.

he's MIA for now. guess he's out googling new terms to try out.

what you're saying at least makes complete sense in the context we're discussing. he is just lobbing turds on the wall to see what sticks.

You said you were done. Looks to me like you two are confirming your own bias. It's funny to see you two yak it up.

It's not rocket science. You seem to grasp the basic concepts of virtualization though.

You said you were done. Looks to me like you two are confirming your own bias. It's funny to see you two yak it up.

It's not rocket science. You seem to grasp the basic concepts of virtualization though.
apparently more than you do.

care to mix and match environments to your own benefit again or are you done for the day?

care to mix and match environments to your own benefit again or are you done for the day?

You were the one asking the questions.

Don't take my word for it. Sign up for the free tier at AWS and check out how easy it is, just don't provision anything that's not included on the free tier.

bias of looking for the facts? so now it's biased to look for facts. discuss facts and argue against faked news.

Don't take my word for it. Sign up for the free tier at AWS and check out how easy it is, just don't provision anything that's not included on the free tier.
who ever said the DNC was on AWS vs. Azure vs. their own cloud?

see what i mean? yes i asked a lot of questions to figure out HOW they were configured AND see what you actually know about IT.

while i still don't know how they were configured, you don't seem to have much more than a surface level knowledge of IT or capacity planning.

as for AWS, i've got my own rackmount server at home i dork around with at times. i can get that nerdy even though i don't do this for a living anymore.

Forum List

Back