CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

Its funny watching white people defend this. They teach you are racist. That YOU are the problem.
Its like queers that will defend muslims to the death. Do they not realize they would throw their ass off a roof?
Its funny because both sentences above apply to the creator of this thread :lol:

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools
It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.
I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.
You cultists fool no one.
All Bodecia know about the entire world is what team she is on.

Why should she ever strain her tiny little brain by thinking when others are doing it for her and telling her what to say?
I dunno. I don't have any problem with someone asking me what I don't like about CRT or 1619. I'm not totally clear on the difference between the two, btw.

Its funny watching white people defend this. They teach you are racist. That YOU are the problem.
Its like queers that will defend muslims to the death. Do they not realize they would throw their ass off a roof?
Its funny because both sentences above apply to the creator of this thread :lol:
Your obsession is race. Should I defend slavery because my family werent slaves ? The issue here is that i am just a normal person and you are a white supremacist.

Your obsession is race. Should I defend slavery because my family werent slaves ? The issue here is that i am just a normal person and you are a white supremacist.
Lol you probably dont know what that means either

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

The reprehensible right is going to run with their critical race Theory lie as long as they can.

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
Can you give an example of your assertion. Because you maga fuckups in TN don't need to hear Rudy bridges story because your white feelings might get hurt.

Right.
I posted videos that go through in detail how its not history and is indoctrination with proof,,
The videos that you posted are propaganda. Produced by people with no understanding of CRT.
You got the understanding of CRT ? If you think you've got it all down then kindly share your expertise with the board. Tell us all those true and wonderful irrefutable facts about CRT. We "maga fuckups in TN" are just waiting on the edge of our seats for your pronouncement.
He has no understanding. He thinks it's comical to talk about critical theory along with CRT, as if critical theory is something completely different rather than the direct roots of CRT. Stunningly ignorant of his own ignorance.

At the heart of CRT is the 1619 project's false assertion that a primary reason the southern colonialists secceeded from england was to protect slavery.
One might debate Hannah-Jones' intent for intentionally making this falsity a primary leg for her thesis, but I won't. Still, the problem is CRT goes too far. Currently they are asserting that any school district with a lower % of blacks than the the general population in an area (who defines what area lol) is a direct result of race discrimination. That might surprise black parents who moved to find the best public school they can afford.

So, while the history most of us learned about the founding of America unquestionably downplays the roles of blacks, native americans, and hugely people of mexican descent in the SE, CRT is itself a movement with a political and not a historical agenda. And the debate it has created has simply been a godsend to those who want to perpetuate our unfair and false views of the contributions of non-white races.
No, that is NOT what is “at the heart of CRT”. May I suggest you go back to the Internet and research what CRT is and is not.

Well, we did treat convictions for selling cocaine differently from selling crack. We should ask why. And why are there generations of blacks who cycle through poverty.

But those questions don't mean you or I are racist and want to deny opportunity to anyone. Imo that's the heart of my complaints to 1619 and CRT.

The reprehensible right is going to run with their critical race Theory lie as long as they can.
Yeah, it's the perfect foil to avoid any discussion of racial discrimination.

It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.
I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.

Why should she ever strain her tiny little brain by thinking when others are doing it for her and telling her what to say?
I dunno. I don't have any problem with someone asking me what I don't like about CRT or 1619. I'm not totally clear on the difference between the two, btw.
Obviously.
CRT is not teaching history. CRT seeks to examine and address inequality and racism in our system. That’s it.

While some of the history of the 1619 project is flawed, there is nothing wrong with the idea and the premise…that American history started before 1776 and that African Americans contributed more blood, sweat and tears than our whitewashed (pun intended) history portrayed.

Obviously.
CRT is not teaching history. CRT seeks to examine and address inequality and racism in our system. That’s it.

While some of the history of the 1619 project is flawed, there is nothing wrong with the idea and the premise…that American history started before 1776 and that African Americans contributed more blood, sweat and tears than our whitewashed (pun intended) history portrayed.
If you are suggesting that the CRT program includes NOTHING MORE than a factual
rendition of USA history------you are deluded.

Opposition is there because right wing media is reporting on it.

No, opposition is there because it is pseudo scientific bullshit. It ranks up there with phrenology.

Sure, you miss the first two...

that one race bears responsibility for past actions against another (gets you whiteys off the books for slavery); the United States is fundamentally racist (Gets our history of racism off the books); and a person is inherently privileged or oppressive due to their race (Gets white privilege off the books).
hey kkker, how's it going?

Obviously.

it's to exonerate racist demofk kkkers.

prove it.

Obviously.

If it isn't teaching history, then what is it doing in the classroom, and why is it being taught to children too young to critique it and would not be allowed to do so even if they were?

Obviously.

No, that isn’t what I was implying. Actually I wasn’t implying anything. I was stating a fact that CRT is not a history course. I was pointing out that CRT and the 1618 project have nothing to do with each other.

Obviously.

If it isn't teaching history, then what is it doing in the classroom, and why is it being taught to children too young to critique it and would not be allowed to do so even if they were?
The 1618 project teaches history. CRT is not a history course. Here endth the lesson.

Obviously.

No, that isn’t what I was implying. Actually I wasn’t implying anything. I was stating a fact that CRT is not a history course. I was pointing out that CRT and the 1618 project have nothing to do with each other.

So why is Political indoctrination being forced into the schools?

Forum List

Back