"Cultural Appropriation": PC gets even goofier

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
This is getting even more fun.

One of the Kardashian brood (holy crap, how many of them are there, anyway?) recently created a firestorm of biblical proportions by daring to post a picture of herself with "corn rows". Well, as it turns out, "corn rows" are not allowed on white people, they're only for black people, and the shit came down on her harder than a Texas thunderstorm in June.

So this grave international incident gave birth to "cultural appropriation", which essentially means that people from one race can't do or say stuff that is reserved for people of another race, without some kind of official notarized document of permission or something. Identity Politics rocks!

So anyway, fast forward to today. Some chick named Kadia Blagrove has been kind enough to provide the official "Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation" so that all of us can now know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, when we are engaging in Cultural Appropriation and subject to any kind of fine or penalty. Be sure to bookmark this the next time you want to change your hair style!

Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation

Here are some bullet points we should all ask ourselves, and that the media must take into consideration before entering the fray:
  • Why do I find this (insert: physical feature/hairstyle/dance/fashion/etc.) cool?
  • Is my "discovery" based on white acceptance?
  • Are my examples of this style diverse?
  • Am I actually down with this slang or did I just find out about it?
  • Is my "discovery" or "muse" directly related to its source?
  • Does this involve blackface (or blackening my face in any fashion)?
  • Did I ask someone?

:spinner:

One of the Kardashian brood (holy crap, how many of them are there, anyway?) recently created a firestorm of biblical proportions by daring to post a picture of herself with "corn rows". Well, as it turns out, "corn rows" are not allowed on white people, they're only for black people, and the shit came down on her harder than a Texas thunderstorm in June.

So this grave international incident gave birth to "cultural appropriation", which essentially means that people from one race can't do or say stuff that is reserved for people of another race, without some kind of official notarized document of permission or something. Identity Politics rocks!

So anyway, fast forward to today. Some chick named Kadia Blagrove has been kind enough to provide the official "Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation" so that all of us can now know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, when we are engaging in Cultural Appropriation and subject to any kind of fine or penalty. Be sure to bookmark this the next time you want to change your hair style!

Here are some bullet points we should all ask ourselves, and that the media must take into consideration before entering the fray:
  • Why do I find this (insert: physical feature/hairstyle/dance/fashion/etc.) cool?
  • Did I ask someone?

Does that mean that black kids aren't allowed to do well in school and go to college?

• Did I ask someone?

Does that mean that black kids aren't allowed to do well in school and go to college?
Charles Barkley: 'Brainwashed' blacks hold up success - CNN.com

Can't you just see the communists in their little think tanks coming up with more PC bullshit? They must get a kick out of how stupid their voting base is.

Hell, even when Gruber flat out states that their voting base are morons, they still think they are smart.

Can't you just see the communists in their little think tanks coming up with more PC bullshit? They must get a kick out of how stupid their voting base is. Hell, even when Gruber flat out states that their voting base are morons, they still think they are smart.
There are all sorts of morons, as you prove daily.

Can't you just see the communists in their little think tanks coming up with more PC bullshit? They must get a kick out of how stupid their voting base is. Hell, even when Gruber flat out states that their voting base are morons, they still think they are smart.

My shit is smarter than you.

It did? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

Maybe someone was just pointing out that corn rows look goofy on white people because they don't have the hair texture to pull it off.

6809981340_087396c968.jpg

Maybe someone was just pointing out that corn rows look goofy on white people because they don't have the hair texture to pull it off.

She should get out of the corn business and stick to cantaloupes.

You're paying too much attention to stupid people and acting as if they actually had power to do what they say.

As the past clearly shows, what a few left-wing "crazies" are doing now will soon be compelled on all of us. Just consider the so-called "green energy" mandates. We used to laugh at the idea of powering this nation with wind mills and solar cells.

My shit is smarter than you.

Then I take it calling you shit-for-brains would be considered a compliment?

Do you think Bo Derek looks "goofy?"

rs_634x1024-130410133939-634.BDerek.ms.041013.jpg

I think it looks goofy on all males and grown women. IMO, it only works on little girls irrespective of race.

She should get out of the corn business and stick to cantaloupes.
Why do liberals love telling people what to do?

Oh yeah . . . . it's because they're liberals!

• Did I ask someone?

FWIW, all the comments after that Huffpo piece were negative, as they should be.

Your thread premise is supported by an article that hardly anyone agrees with.

'To see the enemy where he doesn't exist is cowardice'.

Somebody said that once, I can't remember who.

• Did I ask someone?

FWIW, all the comments after that Huffpo piece were negative, as they should be.

Your thread premise is supported by an article that hardly anyone agrees with.
I certainly wouldn't expect someone like you to offer glowing reviews of the thread.

Gosh, I guess I'll just have to find a way to carry on without your approval.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back