DACA Ruled Illegal

There was nothing illegal about what he did. He can state that his administration would not pursue deportation of those who were brought here as kids.

What was done wrong is extenuating that into the next administration. This fall in the lap of Obama. He promised the Hispanic community that if they supported him the first thing he would do is address immigration reform. He did not. He issued an EO on his way out.
the courts disagre with you on DACA.

DACA did more then simply decide who to prosecute for illegal crossing, it gave a new legal status, that’s the illegal act by obama

If it was ruled illegal, those previously covered would no longer be.
according to the article that is what the judge said in his ruling. Though, arguably that will only impact his district as other courts might disagree, and i’m sure the xiden admin will appeal

How do you leave the actions of a rule in place if it's illegal?
you don’t…they would no longer have that new legal status and be deportable.

Current DACA recipients won’t have their temporary amnesty pulled, and won’t be deported as a result,
yes the people that have relied on the illegal act by obama won’t be punished but nobody new will be able to rely on it because it was illegal to give the the status

the xiden admin doesn’t have to deport anyone ever if it doesn’t want to DACA or not

Judge Hanen’s ruling barred the Biden administration from approving new DACA applications. But the judge stayed the immediate effect of his ruling on current DACA recipients, citing their longtime reliance on the program, meaning there won’t be upheaval right away for those people who are currently in good standing.

yeah i am aware of the ruling not sure what your reply has to do with my post

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

The executive still his discretion over how he enforces the law. Including selective enforcement, or not enforcing it at all.
Again, thank you for the ignorant emotional response.

You're wrong - you're not only wrong, you're stupid.of course I do listen to Obama. I just told YOU, his apologist, what the man said / did, and while trying to defend him & DAXA you just admitted you DON'T listen to him and thus have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm going by the law, and not what anybody said. Even if you have a defendant on tape saying "what i'm doing is probably illegal." That is not proof of guilt.
If you went by the law, the Constitution, & judges you wouldn't be trying to defend Barry's illegal edict.

Democrats / snowflakes declare, "Follow the science" & DON'T...

Say, "Follow the law / Constitution" & violate both.

Current DACA recipients won’t have their temporary amnesty pulled, and won’t be deported as a result,
the xiden admin doesn’t have to deport anyone ever if it doesn’t want to DACA or not
I think the judge purposefully didn't upset the apple cart, fearing that if current DACA was made deportable, that Biden would just grant them amnesty, like Jimmy Carter did to draft evaders who fled to Canada.

There was nothing illegal about what he did. He can state that his administration would not pursue deportation of those who were brought here as kids.

What was done wrong is extenuating that into the next administration. This fall in the lap of Obama. He promised the Hispanic community that if they supported him the first thing he would do is address immigration reform. He did not. He issued an EO on his way out.

DACA did more then simply decide who to prosecute for illegal crossing, it gave a new legal status, that’s the illegal act by obama

according to the article that is what the judge said in his ruling. Though, arguably that will only impact his district as other courts might disagree, and i’m sure the xiden admin will appeal

yes the people that have relied on the illegal act by obama won’t be punished but nobody new will be able to rely on it because it was illegal to give the the status

I still do not understand.......judges allow enforcement of illegal laws?

D.C. enacts gun regulations. The court overturned them. Did the restrictions still apply to those who previously were restricted?

Callous conservatism defines the current iteration of the Republican Party. The Republicans today have no moral compass, no ethics and their only goal is to establish power. As most of us know, unrestrained power is in effect in Cuba today.

The Authoritarian leaders in Cuba under communism today is facing a revolt, as those in power have the same evil and callousness of the masses there to have no say; democracy in America is what is provided to We the People in the U.S.

McConnell and his band of bitches, Abbott and his sycophants in the Texas Legislature seek to quash the separation of powers and destroy democracy in America.

Don't let them, stand up and speak out.
Put down the bong, son...

I think the judge purposefully didn't upset the apple cart, fearing that if current DACA was made deportable, that Biden would just grant them amnesty, like Jimmy Carter did to draft evaders who fled to Canada.

So the judge was a coward and was afraid to enforce his ruling? What good are judges that act that way?

So Obama told you his DACA was UnConstitutional..

The Judge told you it was Unconstitutional

But YOU THINK....

:p

You need to stop thinking and accept the facts.

D.C. enacts gun regulations. The court overturned them. Did the restrictions still apply to those who previously were restricted?
no, but nobody detrimentally relied on those illegal gun laws

because the Heller case is final. You have never heard of a judge ruling and staying the order, or part of the order while the case continues to be legitimated?

because the Heller case is final. The guns laws were still in place why the case was litigated

The court ruled, but stayed part of the order for a group while it’s still being litigated up the chain

because the Heller case is final. You have never heard of a judge ruling and staying the order, or part of the order while the case continues to be legitimated?

because the Heller case is final. The guns laws were still in place why the case was litigated

The court ruled, but stayed part of the order for a group while it’s still being litigated up the chain

If a judge believes it's illegal, rule it illegal. We have a system where people can appeal to the next higher court which can put the ruling on hold until the case is heard.

If a judge believes it's illegal, rule it illegal. We have a system where people can appeal to the next higher court which can put the ruling on hold until the case is heard.
he did rule it illegal, but stayed the order

yes they can appeal hence why the order was stayed.

But YOU THINK....

Roberts thought Obamacare was a tax which made it constitutional.

Make DACA amnesty, and it's constitutional.

True, but everyone knows that EOs don't replace laws. No court should subvert the US Constitution.
Even if one lower court does, the USSC would uphold the Constitution.

But YOU THINK....

Roberts thought Obamacare was a tax which made it constitutional.

Make DACA amnesty, and it's constitutional.
yeah i do my think any of the other justices are gonna go that far

but you are right Congress could grant amnesty…i wonder why the dems never did that

True, but everyone knows that EOs don't replace laws. No court should subvert the US Constitution.

The issue was the courts not allowing Trump to end the EO. Whether I agree with that or not EO's are not law. The issue was not the EO (outside of the fact Obama should have addressed this as promised) the issue was the courts didn't allow Trump to end them which he legally could.

EO's are temporary, where laws are permanent.

Executive Orders state mandatory requirements for the Executive Branch, and have the effect of law. They are issued in relation to a law passed by Congress or based on powers granted to the President in the Constitution and must be consistent with those authorities. ... Executive Orders may amend earlier orders.

The issue was the courts not allowing Trump to end the EO. Whether I agree with that or not EO's are not law. The issue was not the EO (outside of the fact Obama should have addressed this as promised) the issue was the courts didn't allow Trump to end them which he legally could.
The problem is that Trump didn't know how to actually legally carry it out. He was used to giving orders that were followed, leaving it to the underlings to figure out how to actually do it. And they weren't familiar with federal procedures, and got it wrong.

that’s not the same case the this. That’s not the issue at all

That case went to the SCOTUS and said trump certainly could end the EO. However due to so many people who became depended on Obama’s cruel and illegal act, that trump had to follow the procedures in the Admistrative Procedures Act to undo the EO.

Different then the ruling we are discussing there.

the reality here, as it was for four years under Trump the dems need to stop playing politics with these peoples lives and work to pass some actual law

The ruling said those previously covered can't renew, coverage only lasts 3 years at a time.

Do Leftists even hear what they say? O'Bama HIMSELF said repeatedly that he LACKED THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to enact the "Dreamer" bullshit we now call DACA. It was a violation of Federal Law, and ONLY CONGRESS could do it.

BUT CONGRESS DECLINED TO DO IT, so O'Bama did it himself, by E.O.

Where did he get the Constitutional power to VOID FEDERAL LAW?????

Nowhere!

Forum List

Back