DACA

This bullshit has to end. Birth right citizenship is the right place. But for now I would offer this. If they have applied for citizenship to become legal they get a green card for now. No application they go back.
This is ignorant and makes no sense, typical of most on the right.

One is not required to ‘apply for citizenship’ to ‘become legal.’

There are millions of LPRAs who are in the US legally and who have not applied for citizenship.

Indeed, the unwarranted conservative hostility toward undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children is preventing them from obtaining a legal status.
You're an idiot. Those people aren't trying to become citizens. The illegals want all the benefits of citizenship without doing it legally, they just want it handed to them. Fuck them,

You're wrong. I think those who are DACA recipients DO want to become citizens if there were a reasonable way to do so other than going back to a country they have no memory of. They are as American as you and I, and invested in this country.
What they, non-citizens, want is immaterial. It's what we citizens want that matters. And we don't want them competing with us for jobs driving wages down.

No thanks, idiots aren't my type.

Clever [sarcasm alert]; your posts suggest nothing more than the ranting of a punk. In the infamous words of the dick cheney, "go fuck yourself".

Oooooo, quite the vocabulary you have there, you must be a liberal.

You're a piece of shit, you must be a Trumpanzee.

Oh nooooo, my feelings. Liberal Trash.

DACA represents a small portion of illegal immigrants overall. It's kids who had no choice but to come over. More, it's the "best of them" - those employed, in higher education, in the military.

It's a small group. Because of that, it's hard not to see the opposition to it as anything but hateful. Honestly - who does it hurt to make this particular exception?

It's 2 million, ftr

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Data Tools

Isn't this a back-door way of getting to legalize their parents though? The DACA kids become legal, then citizens, they apply to have their parents' status adjusted?

Or, more likely, they become legal, then there is political pressure to keep their parents here because their kids are here, they've been here for a long time, etc.

DACA represents a small portion of illegal immigrants overall. It's kids who had no choice but to come over. More, it's the "best of them" - those employed, in higher education, in the military.

It's a small group. Because of that, it's hard not to see the opposition to it as anything but hateful. Honestly - who does it hurt to make this particular exception?

It's 2 million, ftr

Isn't this a back-door way of getting to legalize their parents though? The DACA kids become legal, then citizens, they apply to have their parents' status adjusted?

Or, more likely, they become legal, then there is political pressure to keep their parents here because their kids are here, they've been here for a long time, etc.

Slippery slope fallacy ^^^.

Trump is a reasonable guy with a big heart.
I can see him ending the program while allowing certain 'dreamers' to become US citizens.

It's 2 million, ftr

Precisley! It's just yet another inch, in the miles of encroachment these invaders have gained. End it all. No exceptions....

If they represent "the best of them"; then their return should be a boon to their native nation.
As far as who does it hurt...? One could go on for hours; but suffice it to say , it hurts the sovereignty of our republic. And makes a mockery of our laws.

This bullshit has to end. Birth right citizenship is the right place. But for now I would offer this. If they have applied for citizenship to become legal they get a green card for now. No application they go back.

There are millions of LPRAs who are in the US legally and who have not applied for citizenship.

Indeed, the unwarranted conservative hostility toward undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children is preventing them from obtaining a legal status.
You're an idiot. Those people aren't trying to become citizens. The illegals want all the benefits of citizenship without doing it legally, they just want it handed to them. Fuck them,

You're wrong. I think those who are DACA recipients DO want to become citizens if there were a reasonable way to do so other than going back to a country they have no memory of. They are as American as you and I, and invested in this country.
What they, non-citizens, want is immaterial. It's what we citizens want that matters. And we don't want them competing with us for jobs driving wages down.
You should be focusing on the employers, then, not punishing the people who came here like moths to a flame in order to feed their families.

This is when I have to ask...where is your heart?

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

We have low unemployment. They aren't taking jobs from anyone.

So why such vitriole towards them and the program?

I commend Paul Ryan for speaking up here.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

So do it damn it! Don't destroy these young and VERY AMERICAN lives!
Give them permanent resident status if they serve at least ten years in the armed forces and are honorably discharged. They should get citizenship if and only if they are awarded the Medal of Honor.

Otherwise: deport them, all of them.

You should be focusing on the employers, then, not punishing the people who came here like moths to a flame in order to feed their families.
Wrong. They should all be punished. Equal treatment before the law is a basic foundational principal of our Republic. And if an exception were to be made... I'll be damned if it will be in favor of invaders, over the will of my countrymen. A lot of you need to decide where your loyalties lie. Here in the USA, with your fellow Americans. Or with Mexico, and her people. You can't have it both ways.

It's 2 million, ftr

Why?

It's 2 million, ftr

Why?

Because there is no evidence to support your broad conclusion. There are cost benefits as well as cost deficits to the issue of illegal entry into our country.

A little history frames the issue:

Bracero program - Wikipedia

Wrong. They should all be punished. Equal treatment before the law is a basic foundational principal of our Republic. And if an exception were to be made... I'll be damned if it will be in favor of invaders, over the will of my countrymen. A lot of you need to decide where your loyalties lie. Here in the USA, with your fellow Americans. Or with Mexico, and her people. You can't have it both ways.
You'll not force me into that corner. Young people brought to this country by their parents, who are now living productively and attending college or serving in our military or working/paying taxes should be given a chance to make a choice. We have indeed made an investment in them. They were carefully screened in order to be in the DACA program to begin with. They are caught in a Catch 22; they can't apply for citizenship because they have no documentation.
Elections certainly do have consequences. I mourn for the DACA kids and the transexuals in the military who were told by the last administration that they were safe. Then along come the Republicans and BAM. Thanks to being told you were safe, you came forward. Now you have a target on your back and the government is aiming for you.
Awful, awful, awful.

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

This is what happens when our leaders keep kicking the can down the road.

Laws were broken. We all know they were.

It's a tough call, but don't blame the guy who FINALLY takes a stand. It's not his fault those before him looked the other way.

Had previous administrations done there jobs, these folks would not be here.

Oh, 20 trillion in debt don't help either.

You'll not force me into that corner. Young people brought to this country by their parents, who are now living productively and attending college or serving in our military or working/paying taxes should be given a chance to make a choice. We have indeed made an investment in them. They were carefully screened in order to be in the DACA program to begin with. They are caught in a Catch 22; they can't apply for citizenship because they have no documentation.
Elections certainly do have consequences. I mourn for the DACA kids and the transexuals in the military who were told by the last administration that they were safe. Then along come the Republicans and BAM. Thanks to being told you were safe, you came forward. Now you have a target on your back and the government is aiming for you.
Awful, awful, awful.

Reading the USCIS web page, they still can't apply for citizenship even under DACA. You have to have lawful status before applying for citizenship. DACA doesn't give lawful status.

Awful, awful, awful.
And they can have that chance. They can also make that choice. At the back of the line; from their native country.

I hope his heart wins.

It's a tough call, but don't blame the guy who FINALLY takes a stand. It's not his fault those before him looked the other way.

Exactly! We need assert our sovereignty, and execute our laws sometime... Now is as good a time as any. After all... It only gets harder the longer we wait. I have yet to hear from the bleeding heart crowd; how letting th have their way benefits me; one of their own countrymen...

I hope his heart wins.

Exactly! We need assert our sovereignty, and execute our laws sometime... Now is as good a time as any. After all... It only gets harder the longer we wait. I have yet to hear from the bleeding heart crowd; how letting th have their way benefits me; one of their own countrymen...
DACA individuals are a small percentage of the illegals in this country. They were given a promise. That "treaty" is now being broken. Or at least you would like it to be. I agree our laws should be followed and that illegal immigration should be stopped at the border. One of our legal agreements was to the DACA kids. We need to honor that by changing the law in regard to them. That is what this is about--only the DACA kids.

Forum List

Back