Damn that Rosa Parks....

So it's perfectly fine that thousands of people in America insult Christians and Christ everyday, but there is a public outcry against Geller! Why is this?
Ignorance and hate against any religion should be condemned, particularly when that ignorance and hate is predicated solely on the acts of the non-representative few.

You object to Christianity being subjected to insults, but you don't seem to exhibit the same concern for Islam – why is is this...

It could be seen coming from miles away. Exercising free speech like that, knowing that the white man would retaliate and do something about this uppity negro.....

What was she thinking, that free speech is free and that she can do just anything she wants?

Oh, wait. Sometimes controversial exercise of free speech effects profound change.......

Ponder it a moment.....

Damn those democrats...
Its not just Democrats. There are some on the right to who fear using speech to affect change.
Exhibiting ignorance and hate toward Islam – or any religion, for that matter – won't 'affect change,' it will only foster more ignorance and hate.

Of course, in the marketplace of ideas that is a free and democratic society, Geller remains at liberty to exhibit her ignorance and hate, just as other private citizens in the context of private society are at liberty to denounce her ignorance and hate, where such denunciations in no way 'violate' her 'right to free speech.'

In time, we can hope, Americans of good conscience and good faith will reject Geller's ignorance and unwarranted hatred of Islam with the correct and appropriate understanding that the criminal acts of the few are not representative of an entire class of persons.

So it's perfectly fine that thousands of people in America insult Christians and Christ everyday, but there is a public outcry against Geller! Why is this?
Ignorance and hate against any religion should be condemned, particularly when that ignorance and hate is predicated solely on the acts of the non-representative few.

You object to Christianity being subjected to insults, but you don't seem to exhibit the same concern for Islam – why is is this...
I first will condemn those that murder in the name of religion because of a harmless cartoon. Then I will be more than happy to condemn ignorance and hate speech against any religion. The answer to distasteful hate speech is more speech against it. That being said, not allowing a cartoon depiction of Mohammed or else "I kill you" is absurb.

I first will condemn those that murder in the name of religion because of a harmless cartoon. Then I will be more than happy to condemn ignorance and hate speech against any religion. The answer to distasteful hate speech is more speech against it. That being said, not allowing a cartoon depiction of Mohammed or else "I kill you" is absurb.

Anyone who stands up for a religion that endorses killing people because they blaspheme it is a propagator of hate and ignorance.

Forum List

Back