DC occutards now trying to enter office buildings

My strawman? Right wing protesters protested outside of Nancy Pelosi's office and were removed from the House Gallery due to yelling. I wanted to know if any of you had a problem with that?

This private building is also owned by the same company who owns Zuccotti Park, where the protesters were allowed back in if they followed the rules. These protesters stayed inside the building for ten minutes before peacefully moving on. Are we sure the owners or anyone else didn't know they would be protesting there?

As for protesting at K Street, I dont think they should enter an office without permission but they for sure should be protesting there. And if you dont have a problem with K street, then you should really stop drinking the kool aid.
Yes, your strawman.

You claimed that the TP did what these clowns are doing - attempting to enter privately owned property on K Street. The TP never did that, as you claimed. Then you said, "Are you saying ...", and I wasn't. By definition, THAT is a strawman.

As to the rest of your post, you asked already and I answered already. Just scroll up.

I never claimed they entered private buildings, I clearly stated they protested outside of Pelosi's office and yelled from the House Gallery. The OP never mentioned Private office buildings. ;)
You claimed that the TP is doing what these clowns are doing AND that they entered offices.

I
Time to pour molten lead on people exercising their Constitutional rights? Boy, you cons sure are patriotic :eusa_whistle:

It's now a Constitutional right to enter an office building asswipe?

Did you have a problem when the Tea Party people did it?

Oops.

Yes, your strawman.

You claimed that the TP did what these clowns are doing - attempting to enter privately owned property on K Street. The TP never did that, as you claimed. Then you said, "Are you saying ...", and I wasn't. By definition, THAT is a strawman.

As to the rest of your post, you asked already and I answered already. Just scroll up.

I never claimed they entered private buildings, I clearly stated they protested outside of Pelosi's office and yelled from the House Gallery. The OP never mentioned Private office buildings. ;)
You claimed that the TP is doing what these clowns are doing AND that they entered offices.

I

Oops.
They have only entered Congressional OFFICES.... ;)

Yes, your strawman.

I

Oops.
Notice how he quoted someone stating it is their constitutional right? Probably would mean I assumed we are talking about congress........Which right wingers have protested at, along with the TP.
Oops

I

Oops.
THAT is true, and that is what they should be doing.

However, confiscating land that is not theirs, building on it, harassing folks at a convention, trying to storm K Street offices, harassing folks at a restaurant, etc. is NOT a good idea and the TP never did any of that. THAT is what I am talking about.

I

Oops.

However, confiscating land that is not theirs, building on it, harassing folks at a convention, trying to storm K Street offices, harassing folks at a restaurant, etc. is NOT a good idea and the TP never did any of that. THAT is what I am talking about.

That is nice...but it wasn't what I was talking about. Which is why I didn't quote someone who didn't state that. ;)

And show me where they have tried to storm K street offices. All I have read today, is that they shut down traffic and are protesting on K street, and that the offices have extra security...Nothing on them storming office buildings yet.

I am still trying to find where they stormed an office building in the last few days, as you claimed...That didn't have congressional offices.

I know that the Bush tax cuts didn't help grow the economy, and I know not making anything here is not helping our economy. I think that is about enough.

So we are still in the Clinton recession?

yeah... didn't think so.

That is nice...but it wasn't what I was talking about. Which is why I didn't quote someone who didn't state that. ;)

And show me where they have tried to storm K street offices. All I have read today, is that they shut down traffic and are protesting on K street, and that the offices have extra security...Nothing on them storming office buildings yet.
As I (and others here locally) already said :)rolleyes:) it was on WTOP (local news radio) earlier and it was on the WAMU site earlier. The WTOP site was down, otherwise I would have linked to it. And, the WAMU site no longer allows permissions to that story.

However, they were causing quite a bit of trouble at K Street earlier, as several who live here have posted. Apparently, that has been stopped by the police. I would imagine it will eventually get on linkable sites as the news gets posted.

Yes, time to sit in front of your televisions and let the country go down the drain.

So the only two options available for anyone in this country is to join the occupy movement or sit in front of the tv? Really? I'm sure if you sit down and think about it really, really, hard you might come up with other things you can do.

You missed the point, why does that not surprise me?

Because your points are incoherent and you are aware of it, but instead of making yourself clear you blame others for not understanding you?

So it is alright to protest outside of Nancy Pelosi's office, but not other offices of Congress?

Of course it's alright to protest elected officials.

Of course it's alright to protest private firms.

If you believe it's alright to enter private property uninvited, I suggest you try it. ( But, don't try it in Virginia at night, you will be legally shot. :eusa_shhh:)

Another on the long list of why I chose to raise my children outside of the United States.

Because you dislike the US Constitution's protection of private property?

Not surprising.

I know that the Bush tax cuts didn't help grow the economy, and I know not making anything here is not helping our economy. I think that is about enough.

So we are still in the Clinton recession?

yeah... didn't think so.

No, we just entered into an even worse recession.

Yeah after 4+ years of full employment and growth.

Coincidently, right after the Democrats took over Congress. Funny how that works.

GOP Supercommittee Member Admits Bush Tax Cuts Didn't Create Jobs, Can't Explain Why | ThinkProgress

Just google Bush Tax cuts and job creation, or anything along that line.
His tax cuts helped us into the mess we are now in.

It's also widely understood that the Bush tax cuts have increased the national debt by some $5 billion due to a significant reduction of tax receipts. Since we as a country had to borrow heavily from countries like China to pay our bills, the Bush tax cuts have essentially funneled (and continue to funnel) 100s of millions (and ultimately, billions of) US dollars to the Chinese in the form of interest payments on those foreign loans. Said plainly, the Bush tax cuts have been a great benefit to China.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back