Dear Black People: Stop Blaming Whites For Slavery

It is the first documented legal case concerning a slave being owned permanently by another person. It happened in 1654 which predates your 17th century story about European settlers and although the first colony to arrive in Jamestown, Virginia was in 1619 as you state it was in 1654 that the first legal case of slavery ..

This gets so fucking old...having to correct the bullshit you spew.

Get this: Slavery was legalized in Massachusetts in 1641.

There were laws regarding fugitive slaves there in the 1630's.

Do the math. 1630's is earlier than 1656.

Johnson's 1656 case "was the first instance of a judicial determination in the Thirteen Colonies holding that a person who had committed no crime could be held in servitude for life."

John Punch is considered by historians to be the very first official slave.

"In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland."

Hugh Gwyn was his master.

John Punch's sentence to slavery preceded the Mass legalization of slavery by a year:

July 9, 1640 - John Punch became the first African to be a slave for life by law in Virginia "Whereas Hugh Gwyn hath by order from this Board Brought back from Maryland three servants formerly run away from the said Gwyn, the court doth therefore order that the said three servants shall receive the punishment of whipping and to have thirty stripes apiece one called Victor, a dutchman, the other a Scotchman called James Gregory..... that the third being a negro named John Punch shall serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life here or elsewhere."

Source: McIlwaine, ed., Minutes of the Council and General Court of Colonial Virginia, p. 466.

Virtual Jamestown Slave Laws

And curiously enough -- Obama descends from this very first slave in America!

Howzaboutthat?
I disagree with you. Some historians believe Punch was the first. I believe most would disagree with them however. Furthermore, this matter has already been settled and we won't be reopening it for you - you're a day late as the saying goes..... As for the origins of slavery - see the video presentations and don't miss Thomas Sowell's videos as he is qualified to speak on subjects you may not be.
No. Not even your own link counts him as "the first." It says "one of the first".

The National Park Service, in a history of Jamestown: "John Punch was the "first documented slave for life."

enhanced-buzz-16500-1382916890-25.jpg

You don't have to forget, but you should learn to forgive. Holding onto feelings of resentment only hurts you.

Again, why are you trying so hard to ascribe feelings to me? I'm not resentful but apparently remembering the past is not ok unless I'm hurt, resentful opr have a chip on my shoulder.

Nice try bro, but that shit dont fly here

Why? White people committed terrible acts during slavery. IF they arent to blame then who is? God? Whether they invented it or not has nothing to do with them receiving the blame. Dahmer didnt invent cannibalism but he was still to blame for being a cannibal

So did a lot of other slave owners throughout history. Also, those of today who trade in the exploitation of children for sexual purposes. At least people back then could use the excuse of pure ignorance, unlike those "slave traders" of today.

Everyoen who commits terrible acts have excuses. Its just that you dont think the current ones are good ones and the old ones were ok because they didnt know better. But everyone knew that owning another person wasnt good. But they had their excuses that they were actually HELPING the "savages" to "assimilate" to the white mans culture. The white destroyed the indians and they didnt say it was because they were bad. They said they were "Helping"

What was the excuse for Ferguson?

They dont have slaves in Fergueson silly goose
You said, "Everyone who commits terrible acts have excuses."

I am asking you, what was the excuse for looting, rioting, setting businesses on fire - in Ferguson?

You said Everyone who commits terrible acts have excuses!
Tell me what excuse there is for the terrible acts committed in Ferguson by black rioters? What was the excuse?

Start a thread on it but I'm not going to go off topic because you ran out of bullshit to fling

You don't have to forget, but you should learn to forgive. Holding onto feelings of resentment only hurts you.

Again, why are you trying so hard to ascribe feelings to me? I'm not resentful but apparently remembering the past is not ok unless I'm hurt, resentful opr have a chip on my shoulder.

Nice try bro, but that shit dont fly here

But you aren't remembering the past. You are "ascribing" blame to white people for slavery. I'm telling you that not just white people were responsible for slavery. And since you feel the need to "lash out," that also says a lot.

So did a lot of other slave owners throughout history. Also, those of today who trade in the exploitation of children for sexual purposes. At least people back then could use the excuse of pure ignorance, unlike those "slave traders" of today.

Everyoen who commits terrible acts have excuses. Its just that you dont think the current ones are good ones and the old ones were ok because they didnt know better. But everyone knew that owning another person wasnt good. But they had their excuses that they were actually HELPING the "savages" to "assimilate" to the white mans culture. The white destroyed the indians and they didnt say it was because they were bad. They said they were "Helping"

I am asking you, what was the excuse for looting, rioting, setting businesses on fire - in Ferguson?

Tell me what excuse there is for the terrible acts committed in Ferguson by black rioters? What was the excuse?

Start a thread on it but I'm not going to go off topic because you ran out of bullshit to fling

You see? Tsk, tsk. Such anger. You do NOT seem to be a very happy person. ;)

It's not our history, Caption. What part of that are you not understanding? Go watch the Thomas Sowell videos. You need to focus on reality and come out of this delusion you are in about white people.

You can stomp your feet and scream "is not" but the history is well documented.

Look, if you want to go around with a chip on your shoulder and blame modern day people for what people of another time did, then be my guest. Nothing I can do about that. That's your problem and something you need to deal with.

Again, why are you spending so much time trying to ascribe feelings to me and look for me to defend it. If stating history is having a "chip on my shoulder" then history class is full of chip shoulder having fools

Never-Forget.jpg

Well, considering the fact that you seem to be looking for a group of people to blame for slavery, tells me a lot about you.

I dont have to look, history tells who is to blame. That tells you a lot about Slavery, Slavery and history are big meanies.

:) Like I told you, every single culture has committed atrocities. Name ONE that has not. This is why I find education to be so important and wish people were more willing to invest in better educating our young people.

Again, the terrorist knocked down the towers but I dont hear anyone saying "Hey buildings go down all the time" because that would be a silly ass dodge

You made the statement. Not me. You can't back it up when it comes to Ferguson, can you? You know why? It would expose why you want to remain a victim. It suits the agenda you've signed on for. You've been enlisted by the Communists as a useful idiot and your reward in the end will be the same as all they have enlisted before you - the endgame for useful idiots - a brick wall and a firing squad.
Wake up. Ignorance is not bliss. It's downright deadly.

It's not our history, Caption. What part of that are you not understanding? Go watch the Thomas Sowell videos. You need to focus on reality and come out of this delusion you are in about white people.

Look, if you want to go around with a chip on your shoulder and blame modern day people for what people of another time did, then be my guest. Nothing I can do about that. That's your problem and something you need to deal with.

Again, why are you spending so much time trying to ascribe feelings to me and look for me to defend it. If stating history is having a "chip on my shoulder" then history class is full of chip shoulder having fools

Never-Forget.jpg

Well, considering the fact that you seem to be looking for a group of people to blame for slavery, tells me a lot about you.

I dont have to look, history tells who is to blame. That tells you a lot about Slavery, Slavery and history are big meanies.

:) Like I told you, every single culture has committed atrocities. Name ONE that has not. This is why I find education to be so important and wish people were more willing to invest in better educating our young people.

Again, the terrorist knocked down the towers but I dont hear anyone saying "Hey buildings go down all the time" because that would be a silly ass dodge

Why don't you clarify your first statement a little more.

The 9/11 incident has absolutely no relevance to our discussion. If you really wanted to discuss slavery, you would have to acknowledge that I've stated nothing but facts. You don't want to discuss anything. You want to blame people nowadays who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery and who are from a completely different time and mind set. You act like a spoiled child.

You made the statement. Not me. You can't back it up when it comes to Ferguson, can you? You know why? It would expose why you want to remain a victim. It suits the agenda you've signed on for. You've been enlisted by the Communists as a useful idiot and your reward in the end will be the same as all they have enlisted bofore you - the endgame for useful idiots - a brick wall and a firing squad.

When you say "I brought it up" is that your way of saying that you brought it up and want me to discuss it? Beause thats what happened.

Start a thread, tag me in it and lets do it

You see? Tsk, tsk. Such anger. You do NOT seem to be a very happy person. ;)
Anger is the natural response when their hypocrisy is uncovered. He's a hypocrite of the highest order. He wants to play the victim so he can pretend to justify himself in committing terrible acts. There is no excuse for Ferguson and he knows it.

Never-Forget.jpg

The 9/11 incident has absolutely no relevance to our discussion.

every single culture has committed atrocities. Name ONE that has not.

If you really wanted to discuss slavery, you would have to acknowledge that I've stated nothing but facts. You don't want to discuss anything. You want to blame people nowadays who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery and who are from a completely different time and mind set. You act like a spoiled child.

So you've dropped the factual debate and now want to name call like a big boy?

You made the statement. Not me. You can't back it up when it comes to Ferguson, can you? You know why? It would expose why you want to remain a victim. It suits the agenda you've signed on for. You've been enlisted by the Communists as a useful idiot and your reward in the end will be the same as all they have enlisted bofore you - the endgame for useful idiots - a brick wall and a firing squad.

When you say "I brought it up" is that your way of saying that you brought it up and want me to discuss it? Beause thats what happened.

You brought it up on this thread. I do not need to create a new one.

As for a discussion? There is no discussion because there is no excuse for the terrible acts committed in Ferguson. Which is why you refused to answer my question. You're not able to without playing the victim card and you know that isn't going to work here.

That concludes the matter. Good afternoon.

Never-Forget.jpg

If you really wanted to discuss slavery, you would have to acknowledge that I've stated nothing but facts. You don't want to discuss anything. You want to blame people nowadays who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery and who are from a completely different time and mind set. You act like a spoiled child.

Why do you keep calling me a "boy?" I am an adult female. :) You know this, so you are the one who is "slinging shit" around here.

Never-Forget.jpg

Okay, well with all of your whining, one must consider that you could be a little girl. :D

You brought it up on this thread. I do not need to create a new one.

He is all over the place. Lol.

You brought it up on this thread. I do not need to create a new one..

False, you're the only person who brought up Fergueson.

Forum List

Back