Dear Liberals: I Want a Divorce!

I have read the Divorce Agreement and. . .

• I mostly agree

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • I don't want a divorce

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have suggested some practical amendments

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
Could you have a calm discussion on why conservatives and their precious money should or shouldn't be put on a boat for Somalia, the libertarian paradise? There is a horrible insult implicit in the premise that makes it impossible. If somehow all the self identified liberals were to find themselves in some kind of isolation and free of external attack, they would be just fine, not so for all the hillbillies and poor people fooled into living in a conservative country that cannot be bothered to even dig a hole to throw them in when their usefulness is over.

Everyone gets to decide where they go live. You need only worry about the folks who come to your nation, not the ones who chose to go to ours. They are not your concern. Next?

My country is the USA and a bunch of rw whiners want to split it into two opposing teams and set the stage for civil war, not exactly a concern I can put out of my mind.

GAWD, you're dense!

View attachment 19322

Everyone gets to decide where they go live. You need only worry about the folks who come to your nation, not the ones who chose to go to ours. They are not your concern. Next?

My country is the USA and a bunch of rw whiners want to split it into two opposing teams and set the stage for civil war, not exactly a concern I can put out of my mind.

GAWD, you're dense!

View attachment 19322

Well maybe you can dream up a scenario that is not so incredibly far-fetched and deeply insulting and maybe I will play along.

No, I want you to have everything you want Occupied. All you have to do is make your case why Liberalland deserves to have them more than Conservativeland. Then we shake hands, part company, and you can live a life of total bliss in your own liberal Utopial.

You see you guys have been damning me, negging me, calling me names, and accusing me of all sorts of things here, but all that simply underscores why we need the divorce. We consevatives don't want a society that can't discuss things intelligently and thoughtfully but childishly punishes those who hold views that we don't like however civilly they are expressed. But unless you guys can find a way to defend what you do want instead of just slinging insults at us, I'm pretty sure the judge will agree to the initial proposed document.
You have my pity. I didn't realize you were blind to your own hateful nature.

It isn't a civil war when it is a no fault, amicable divorce. We are not proposing civil war. We are proposing a divorce with each side mutually agreeing to what they want and what the other side should have. Perhaps you can make a case for why a divorce is neither necessary or wanted by either side.

I can assure you that I want a divorce from liberalism and would prefer that it be accomplished as pleasantly as possible.

There is nothing you can say that would convince me that conservative land would just leave leave liberal land alone, it would not be allowed to exist and flourish on it's own. Might as well just make the premise that all of the liberals and undesired rabble have been forcibly put into the geographic area you described, a wall built and the coasts mined and blockaded because that is what it would take to get to your proposal.

Baloney. What could you possibly have that we would want? And remember we aren't getting rid of undesired rabble. Everybody is invited to live under conservative values and principles in Conservativeland and everybody who is willing to do that is welcome there, so long as they follow the law to be legal there. Those who don't want to live like that will need to go to Liberalland where they can access unlimited social services and be nurtured as the disadvantage people they are perceived to be.

And you don't seem to understand the concept of a no fault divorce and/or an amicable agreement. (That kind of education also goes to Liberalland too of course because it won't be tolerated in Conservativeland.) We will also teach the conservative kids to think critically, to use their imaginations, to explore possibilities, to dream, and to entertain concepts of the seemingly impossible.

Conservatives will always be able to explore even an imaginary concept to see what can be learned from it. I suspect liberals will never be allowed that kind of free thought so as to be able to do that. As you seem to be demonstrating.

A pity too.

But of course such irreconcilable differences are why we want the divorce in the first place.

Last edited:

It isn't a civil war when it is a no fault, amicable divorce. We are not proposing civil war. We are proposing a divorce with each side mutually agreeing to what they want and what the other side should have. Perhaps you can make a case for why a divorce is neither necessary or wanted by either side.

I can assure you that I want a divorce from liberalism and would prefer that it be accomplished as pleasantly as possible.

There is nothing you can say that would convince me that conservative land would just leave leave liberal land alone, it would not be allowed to exist and flourish on it's own. Might as well just make the premise that all of the liberals and undesired rabble have been forcibly put into the geographic area you described, a wall built and the coasts mined and blockaded because that is what it would take to get to your proposal.

You're like the kid going thru the cafeteria line who gets offered red or green jello and in response says, "but it's in a styrofoam container". Do try to focus on the subject of the thread. Just for the sake of moving forward, take off your tin foil paranoia hat and accept that there is a divine power somewhere that would smite your enemy if they decided to attack you. Now, that fear gone, focus on what parts of the marriage you want to take with you in the divorce and justify why. It's a really simple exercise. If you aren't interested in participating in the discussion at hand, move along to one more to your liking.

No, I want you to have everything you want Occupied. All you have to do is make your case why Liberalland deserves to have them more than Conservativeland. Then we shake hands, part company, and you can live a life of total bliss in your own liberal Utopial.

You see you guys have been damning me, negging me, calling me names, and accusing me of all sorts of things here, but all that simply underscores why we need the divorce. We consevatives don't want a society that can't discuss things intelligently and thoughtfully but childishly punishes those who hold views that we don't like however civilly they are expressed. But unless you guys can find a way to defend what you do want instead of just slinging insults at us, I'm pretty sure the judge will agree to the initial proposed document.

It's almost a sure bet that if you're on the other side of an argument from Fox; you're on the right side.

I am wondering how many of my conservative sisters and brothers here share my 'hateful nature.' I'm guessing quite a few. But at least you keep reinforcing why the divorce is necessary. You won't have to deal with the likes of me any more. And I won't have people like you who come into a thread apparently for no other reason than to insult me.

See how wonderful that will be? A win win for us both.

I'm sure occupied and the others have room for you in their reading comprehension carpool.

It's almost a sure bet that if you're on the other side of an argument from Fox; you're on the right side.

There is absolutely no shame in saying, "I got nothing" and moving on.

Baloney. What could you possibly have that we would want? And remember we aren't getting rid of undesired rabble. Everybody is invited to live under conservative values and principles in Conservativeland and everybody who is willing to do that is welcome there, so long as they follow the law to be legal there.

And you don't seem to understand the concept of a no fault divorce and/or an amicable agreement. (That kind of education also goes to Liberalland too of course because it won't be tolerated in Conservativeland.) We will also teach the conservative kids to think critically, to use their imaginations, to explore possibilities, to dream, and to entertain concepts of the seemingly impossible.

Conservatives will always be able to explore even an imaginary concept to see what can be learned from it. I suspect liberals will never be allowed that kind of free thought so as to be able to do that. As you seem to be demonstrating.

A pity too.

And that other person calls me dense. Your scenario is unworkable, fraught with unintended consequences and built on so many false stereotypes that I cannot work with it in any meaningful way. Calling this insulting segregation plan an equitable agreement was your first mistake, it is in no way equitable and no liberal would sign on to such a thing except under extreme duress.

You're like the kid going thru the cafeteria line who gets offered red or green jello and in response says, "but it's in a styrofoam container". Do try to focus on the subject of the thread. Just for the sake of moving forward, take off your tin foil paranoia hat and accept that there is a divine power somewhere that would smite your enemy if they decided to attack you. Now, that fear gone, focus on what parts of the marriage you want to take with you in the divorce and justify why. It's a really simple exercise. If you aren't interested in participating in the discussion at hand, move along to one more to your liking.

Good idea. If it will reassure the paranoid and obsessed here, let's include a fail safe defense system that will obliterate whichever side if it attacks the other. Problem solved. :)

Baloney. What could you possibly have that we would want? And remember we aren't getting rid of undesired rabble. Everybody is invited to live under conservative values and principles in Conservativeland and everybody who is willing to do that is welcome there, so long as they follow the law to be legal there.

A pity too.

And that other person calls me dense. Your scenario is unworkable, fraught with unintended consequences and built on so many false stereotypes that I cannot work with it in any meaningful way. Calling this insulting segregation plan an equitable agreement was your first mistake, it is in no way equitable and no liberal would sign on to such a thing except under extreme duress.

Hey dumbshit, it's an exercise.......not fucking reality. Are you seriously this stoopid? :cuckoo: If you don't want to play, move along. You're beginning to look like the village idiot here.

I'm so happy that you see it that way. But no, you will usually be on the left side which, of course, to you is the correct side. But since your distaste for me and my point of view is so obvious, that provides even more incentive to get this divorce agreement worked out so that you will be rid of me. And you'll never have to worry your pretty little head about anybody like me again.

It IS why we want the divorce, yes?

Good idea. If it will reassure the paranoid and obsessed here, let's include a fail safe defense system that will obliterate whichever side if it attacks the other. Problem solved. :)

A permanent cold war, now there's a good idea, nothing could possibly go wrong there.

A permanent cold war, now there's a good idea, nothing could possibly go wrong there.

Styrofoam

Nope. A cold war by definition suggests that there could be war. With a fail safe ultimate defense system, there will be no war, plain and simple. Both sides will know it and therefore your paranoia will have no basis whatsoever.

Now perhaps we could move on here and discuss why you have no ability to imagine or explore possibilities? Do you suppose that gives us incentive to give you the public education system that obviously is squelching all creative thought and infusing insults and hate to replace that void?

I will suggest that Conservatives will almost certainly vote to give you guys public education and we'll either replace it with one more in line with conservative values and concepts or go with private and parochial schools or homeschooling.

(I'm assuming that since nobody on your side put forth an argument for why Liberalland deserves the Constitution, flag, Pledge of Allegiance, and the National Anthem, you have conceded that to Conservativeland so we can move on to education.)

There is already a "cold war" between you totalitarians and the rest of us. All the divide and conquer techniques you use pit American against American in hopes of taking liberty from the populace and giving power to the ruling class.

That's why you hold your shitter rallies, to transfer sovereignty from the people to the rulers. More unions, more government, more laws, less liberty - it's the shitter goal. Occupy America - to create a gulag.

There is already a "cold war" between you totalitarians and the rest of us. All the divide and conquer techniques you use pit American against American in hopes of taking liberty from the populace and giving power to the ruling class.

That's why you hold your shitter rallies, to transfer sovereignty from the people to the rulers. More unions, more government, more laws, less liberty - it's the shitter goal. Occupy America - to create a gulag.

Charity, uncensored, charity. We want a no fault, amicable divorce here, so please restrict your insults at the other side to another thread. (They aren't being too successful with that policy, but that is after all why we need the divorce. The two sides simply cannot get along.)

Not to mention that they are unable to get into the spirit of possibilities of what a wonderful place Liberalland would be for them. Not our cup of tea, of course, but an amicable divorce requires a live and let live stance.

Once we have the divorce, they will be free to pit whomever against whomever with no comment or interference or resistance from us. It will be pure heaven for them. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet what possibilities they will have once we achieve the divorce agreement and each go our separate ways.

So the tally so far is:
We get the guns, cops, military, Constitution, flag, Pledge of Allegiance, and National Anthem.

They get the illegals and those who are deemed to be worthy of public assistance. And of course they get the public education system as it currently exists. And we will happily deliver President Obama to their side as he will no doubt be elected as national leader with very little, if any, resistance from anybody. (I'm assuming of course that he will choose that option too.)

Does this suit you so far? We're working through the list.

Going to play along for one but you are not going to like it.

Firstly to avoid the obvious danger of conservative America controlling our water sources our territory will be all of the land in the lower 48 west of the continental divide making the rocky mountain chain a convenient and strategically viable border between our nations.

Since the heart of any country is it's trade we will first claim exclusive trade rights to the hemisphere of the earth starting along the continental divide but not including Alaska on both American continents and coinciding with 31 degrees latitude east, the US possessions in the pacific also become our territory and conservative land will quit any claim to any possession within our half.

We also claim the all the military hardware and bases contained within this half of the world and the ships of the entire Pacific fleet and half of the nuclear armed submarines and thermonuclear warheads.

Blockading any port or interfering with shipping within this area shall be considered a hostile act.

The artifacts of our nation's founding will be housed in a secure location on 100 square miles of neutral territory freely accessible to all people of the earth.

Should your military bullying spill over into into our sphere of influence be advised that it will be considered a hostile act.

Should you become desirous of our ever advancing technology be advised that nothing will be traded that gives conservative America military parity with us.

The national debt will be divided up according to what the debt was incurred for, Conservative America will absorb all debt connected with tax cuts, military and war spending and social programs to people in states that will become your territory. We will take the rest.

Both nations are required to maintain full diplomatic relations no matter the circumstances.

Both nations are required to maintain equal protection under the present constitution.

Both nations are prohibited from holding political prisoners.

Both nations agree to fully pay relocation expenses for those who want to leave in perpetuity.

Finally both nations will agree to reunify should the results of a referendum call for it, it will be held every ten years and fully open to observers from the other nation.

I can come up with more but chew on that for while and decide if you think it's equitable.

Going to play along for one but you are not going to like it.

Firstly to avoid the obvious danger of conservative America controlling our water sources our territory will be all of the land in the lower 48 west of the continental divide making the rocky mountain chain a convenient and strategically viable border between our nations.

Since the heart of any country is it's trade we will first claim exclusive trade rights to the hemisphere of the earth starting along the continental divide but not including Alaska on both American continents and coinciding with 31 degrees latitude east, the US possessions in the pacific also become our territory and conservative land will quit any claim to any possession within our half.

We also claim the all the military hardware and bases contained within this half of the world and the ships of the entire Pacific fleet and half of the nuclear armed submarines and thermonuclear warheads.

Blockading any port or interfering with shipping within this area shall be considered a hostile act.

The artifacts of our nation's founding will be housed in a secure location on 100 square miles of neutral territory freely accessible to all people of the earth.

Should your military bullying spill over into into our sphere of influence be advised that it will be considered a hostile act.

Should you become desirous of our ever advancing technology be advised that nothing will be traded that gives conservative America military parity with us.

The national debt will be divided up according to what the debt was incurred for, Conservative America will absorb all debt connected with tax cuts, military and war spending and social programs to people in states that will become your territory. We will take the rest.

Both nations are required to maintain full diplomatic relations no matter the circumstances.

Both nations are required to maintain equal protection under the present constitution.

Both nations are prohibited from holding political prisoners.

Both nations agree to fully pay relocation expenses for those who want to leave in perpetuity.

Finally both nations will agree to reunify should the results of a referendum call for it, it will be held every ten years and fully open to observers from the other nation.

I can come up with more but chew on that for while and decide if you think it's equitable

I will include your demands, but you're going to have to get other liberals to agree to them before anybody will take them seriously. The land must be apportionated proportionately according to our respective numbers. There are a whole lot more of us than there are of you. That has to be taken into consideration in dividing up the land mass. Anyhow, nobody objected to the original apportionment so you probably missed out getting your two cents worth in there as well as distribution of some other items. You were too busy complaining that the thread existed at all and forgot to vote on those.

It goes without saying that there must be agreement that each side must pay full restitution to the other for any damage done. For instance, if you don't contain your illegals that you guys apparently have agreed to take, you will need to pay for whatever cost is occurred on our side to round them up and send them back to you.

I don't think you'll have any problem with pollution from our side because contrary to what many liberals try to say, we conservatives don't want dirty air, polluted water or soil or food supply any more than you do, but if there is an inadvertent event, we will of course need to pay the full cost of any damages. We do have some different views about excess regulation that we see as counterproductive but that won't affect your side in the least.

Just think of all the great regulations you guys can put on everything. Limitations of 8-oz soft drinks. Everybody has to buy whatever the government thinks they should have or they will get it free. Nobody will be allowed to say or write or infer anything that liberals don't want to hear. No more fossil fuels used. There will be so much mercy and compassion and understanding and concern that everybody will have the best of all worlds. Oh it will be glorious. I don't understand why you are even hesitating.

Forum List

Back