🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dear Trump fans

We believe (rightfully or wrongly) that Trump will get things done and bring congress together.

Why?
That's what he's been doing for most of his life in the private sector. You don't build a real estate empire by alienating people. If Trump was a tyrant and horrible person we would have heard about it already. Everyone in the business world seems to like him, likes working with him and say good things about him.

I think he'll bring that to Washington. I can't see Trump allowing gridlock to take place. That would never fly. I can't see him standing at a podium whining that this party or that party is blocking him at every turn. Trump is not that kind of person. He'll get things done just as he has in his own life.

I hear that a lot, but I wonder how? Assuming he's trying to get legislation passed that the majority of Congress doesn't want, as an example, how does he 'get things done'? Does he have some secret leverage to use on Congress? Is he going to use his billions to bribe his way into votes? It always ends up sounding to me as though being successful in business somehow automatically confers the ability to get an entrenched Congress to change the way it does business. I don't get it.

I also find it strange how often recent presidents seem to have been derided for taking too much power unto themselves (Obama and Bush, particularly) but with Trump, his supporters often seem to want him to find a way to exert yet more power over the government and country. Did it suddenly become a good idea for the president to wield more power? Is it only Trump that should wield so much power? Do you think the force of his personality is such that Senators and Representatives will just fall in line, rather than follow their own self interest or, and I know this is less likely, what they think is best for the nation? Am I missing another option as to how he will get his ideas implemented, especially those which are not supported by the rest of the government?

I have long thought that people put too much emphasis on presidential elections, expecting the election of one person to be the only really important part of government while almost ignoring the Congress. Is it any different with Trump?

I get that...but why Trump with no conservative voting record, only a record of taking every stance possible on most issues, and an admitted contributor to the Clintons both in their political and philanthropic endeavors?

he is the most anti-establishment candidate I have ever seen, that is why. Everyone says they have had enough of politics as usual, but it is the Republicans that are doing something about it. The democrats, status quo.

He's only contributed to the establishment of the opposing party to line his own pockets. Stand-up guy. :thup:

not sure what you mean but if you want to get into lining ones pockets we can start with Mrs. Bosnia Clinton and her cattle futures trading.

He openly admits to donating to Democrats only to further business deals. He contributed to people he was supposedly ideologically opposed to to make more money when he was already worth billions.

And what the fuck do I care what Clinton did? I would never support her, and would never defend her the way Trump's supporters defend his contributions to Hillary.

He felt like he would get something by donating. So what? People always act in their own perceived best interests. Why the fuck should that bother me? I'm a business owner, I take people out to lunch, dinner, golf outings, hunting trips, fishing excursions, gambling junkets, etc...I don't do it to make friends. :thup:

Phonies attract phonies.

Everything that supporters spout about Trump are things Trump has boasted about himself.

His supporters just take his word for everything he says about himself.

maybe so, but for sure the Trump supporters know everthing they need to know about the Washington insider, Mrs. Clinton. Trump was right, he could shoot someone and not lose support, THAT is how bad is....Mrs. Clinton.

All the dems have to do it put forth almost anyone other than Mrs. Clinton and they would sweep the election.

he is the most anti-establishment candidate I have ever seen, that is why. Everyone says they have had enough of politics as usual, but it is the Republicans that are doing something about it. The democrats, status quo.

He's only contributed to the establishment of the opposing party to line his own pockets. Stand-up guy. :thup:

not sure what you mean but if you want to get into lining ones pockets we can start with Mrs. Bosnia Clinton and her cattle futures trading.

He openly admits to donating to Democrats only to further business deals. He contributed to people he was supposedly ideologically opposed to to make more money when he was already worth billions.

And what the fuck do I care what Clinton did? I would never support her, and would never defend her the way Trump's supporters defend his contributions to Hillary.

He felt like he would get something by donating. So what? People always act in their own perceived best interests. Why the fuck should that bother me? I'm a business owner, I take people out to lunch, dinner, golf outings, hunting trips, fishing excursions, gambling junkets, etc...I don't do it to make friends. :thup:

Phonies attract phonies.

Yes indeed, and they meet in Philadelphia in August.

Dear Trump Fan, So You Want Someone To ‘Tell It Like It Is’? OK, Here You Go.

So you want someone to tell it like it is.

You say you want someone who’s politically incorrect. You’re so desperate for political incorrectness — a supremely ridiculous reason to vote a guy into the Oval Office, but never mind — that your esteem for him only grows when he belittles the disabled, mocks American prisoners of war, calls women dogs, calls his opponents p*ssies, calls for the assassination of women and children, says he’d like to have sex with his daughter, brags about his adultery, etc.

You’re excited by the most vile statements and most cretinous behavior imaginable — not remotely deterred by any of it, no matter how many times he gloats over infidelity, curses his opponents, and publicly ogles his own children — because, you say, it’s politically incorrect. That is how unfathomably desperate you are for someone to come along and just say what’s on their mind, you claim. You’re so fed up with political correctness that you celebrate political incorrectness without distinguishing between the healthy sort and the “LOL I slept with married women and I’m not sorry” sort. It doesn’t matter if you don’t personally agree, you say, you just respect the hell out of someone who’s willing to shoot straight, even when ”shooting straight” means comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, calling the entire electorate of Iowastupid, and referring to women as “pieces of ass.”

Trump won South Carolina on the support of Evangelical Christians who were so impressed with his alleged straight talk that they overlooked the fact that he’s a crass, cruel, unrepentantphilanderer who says he does not need God’s forgiveness, and who praises Planned Parenthood as “wonderful” and his radically pro-abortion sister as a “phenomenal” candidate for the Supreme Court. That’s how much you pretend to admire bluntness in a man. So much that it overrides literally everything else.

By your logic, then, you should be filled with an immense and irresistible affection for me when I call Donald Trump a crooked, underhanded con artist and you a reckless, ignorant dupe. You should fall madly in love with me when I accuse Donald Trump of being a spoiled, overgrown brat and you of being a cultish groupie enamored with fame. You should well up with pride and salute me as I mentioned that Donald Trump is a stuffed and soiled diaper sagging in the pants of American politics and you’re the poor, pitiful sap trying to elect it president. You don’t have to agree, but man, isn’t it refreshing that I’m willing to tell you what’s on my mind? Shouldn’t you leave a thousand comments under this article praising me for being politically incorrect, willing to attack not only Donald Trump but his blue collar supporters? In fact, if you’re sincere in your alleged regard for the bold and audacious approach, I expect you’ll have launched a nationwide write-in campaign for me by tomorrow morning.

Where is he wrong?

Trump has mis-stepped; and I'm not entirely sure he'll do a good job; but he's basically the one guy that I can' absolutely rule out as a total phony.

Didn't read the whole thing but I read enough to understand the gist of it. Whats wrong with it? A lot. Trump supporters aren't supporting him for his PC or telling it like it is. They (we) are supporting him because we are tired of our elected officials saying one thing and doing another, tired of the gridlock and tired of the status quo. We believe (rightfully or wrongly) that Trump will get things done and bring congress together. And here's the most important thing of all. He'll do what's right for America and its people FIRST. We haven't had a "for", "by" and "of" in a looooong time and Trump will be that person.

He's already proved to the country that he cares nothing about either party and his allegiance is to us the American people. That's what this movement is about.
In which case Trump supporters are as naïve as they are wrong.

Trump as 'president' won't fix any of the above complaints.

And the notion of Trump 'getting things done' and 'bringing Congress together' is delusional nonsense.

If Trump supporters are tired of elected officials saying one thing and doing another, tired of the gridlock, and tired of the 'status quo,' the blame lies with the voters alone, not Washington, career politicians, or the 'establishment.'

The change you want must start at the very local level, not from the top down.

Every two years, every Representative can be thrown out. All the money for the Federal government to run starts in the House. A revolution is biannually provided Constitutionally at voters' wish. Voters wish, however, not to vote.

Every two years, every Representative can be thrown out. All the money for the Federal government to run starts in the House. A revolution is biannually provided Constitutionally at voters' wish. Voters wish, however, not to vote.
Correct.

In essence, the voters alone are responsible for the good – or bad – government they get.

Didn't read the whole thing but I read enough to understand the gist of it. Whats wrong with it? A lot. Trump supporters aren't supporting him for his PC or telling it like it is. They (we) are supporting him because we are tired of our elected officials saying one thing and doing another, tired of the gridlock and tired of the status quo. We believe (rightfully or wrongly) that Trump will get things done and bring congress together. And here's the most important thing of all. He'll do what's right for America and its people FIRST. We haven't had a "for", "by" and "of" in a looooong time and Trump will be that person.

He's already proved to the country that he cares nothing about either party and his allegiance is to us the American people. That's what this movement is about.
In which case Trump supporters are as naïve as they are wrong.

Trump as 'president' won't fix any of the above complaints.

And the notion of Trump 'getting things done' and 'bringing Congress together' is delusional nonsense.

If Trump supporters are tired of elected officials saying one thing and doing another, tired of the gridlock, and tired of the 'status quo,' the blame lies with the voters alone, not Washington, career politicians, or the 'establishment.'

The change you want must start at the very local level, not from the top down.

And local elections have all swung to the GOP. Now it is time to have it swing AWAY from the failed policies of the last 8 years. Mrs. Clinton says she wants to continue what Obama started. For crying out loud that is the stupidest thing she could say.

Trump might not be perfect and no one, in my opinion, is going to fix Washington. But we know for a fact that Mrs. Clinton won't change a damn thing, she is part of the Washington elite. Don't vote for Trump, fine. But a vote for Mrs. Clinton is a vote for the status quo.

We believe (rightfully or wrongly) that Trump will get things done and bring congress together.

Why?
That's what he's been doing for most of his life in the private sector. You don't build a real estate empire by alienating people. If Trump was a tyrant and horrible person we would have heard about it already. Everyone in the business world seems to like him, likes working with him and say good things about him.

I think he'll bring that to Washington. I can't see Trump allowing gridlock to take place. That would never fly. I can't see him standing at a podium whining that this party or that party is blocking him at every turn. Trump is not that kind of person. He'll get things done just as he has in his own life.

I hear that a lot, but I wonder how? Assuming he's trying to get legislation passed that the majority of Congress doesn't want, as an example, how does he 'get things done'? Does he have some secret leverage to use on Congress? Is he going to use his billions to bribe his way into votes? It always ends up sounding to me as though being successful in business somehow automatically confers the ability to get an entrenched Congress to change the way it does business. I don't get it.

I also find it strange how often recent presidents seem to have been derided for taking too much power unto themselves (Obama and Bush, particularly) but with Trump, his supporters often seem to want him to find a way to exert yet more power over the government and country. Did it suddenly become a good idea for the president to wield more power? Is it only Trump that should wield so much power? Do you think the force of his personality is such that Senators and Representatives will just fall in line, rather than follow their own self interest or, and I know this is less likely, what they think is best for the nation? Am I missing another option as to how he will get his ideas implemented, especially those which are not supported by the rest of the government?

I have long thought that people put too much emphasis on presidential elections, expecting the election of one person to be the only really important part of government while almost ignoring the Congress. Is it any different with Trump?
Give me an example of a piece of legislation that HE wants to pass that a majority of Congress doesn't/wouldn't want.

Why?

Give me an example of a piece of legislation that HE wants to pass that a majority of Congress doesn't/wouldn't want.

Things he has talked about that I don't know if Congress would be willing to pass include building the wall along the Mexican border, implementing tariffs, and a budget which includes increasing military spending and raising taxes (I believe he talked about raising some taxes). I'm not certain which, if any, of these would require new legislation, but as I tried to make clear, that was an example. The gist of my question is about Congress not approving proposed policies of Trump and how he will be able to 'get things done'.

Why?

Things he has talked about that I don't know if Congress would be willing to pass include building the wall along the Mexican border, implementing tariffs, and a budget which includes increasing military spending and raising taxes (I believe he talked about raising some taxes). I'm not certain which, if any, of these would require new legislation, but as I tried to make clear, that was an example. The gist of my question is about Congress not approving proposed policies of Trump and how he will be able to 'get things done'.
Gotcha. Let me just settle on one of his proposals that could cause gridlock in Congress. Remember this is just the way I see him handling gridlock and getting things pushed through. It will be a very simplified view of how I see him handling it. I don't want to write a novel ;)

His proposal to kick out 11M illegals from the US and bring them back legally. We all know that is pretty much next to impossible and if possible it would take billions and years to do. So he comes with this proposal and the discussion takes place. A majority of Congress points the above out (billions of dollars, years to do) and says there's just no way. Trump would more than likely counter and ask them "ok..so how do we solve this problem of bringing illegals current and within the law?"

The entire congress hashes out a plan that is doable, Trump concedes its not exactly what he wants BUT it does address the problem with the 11-12M illegals in the country. He wins, Congress wins, everyone wins. They draft up the law and pass it. He won't care if the Dems drafted up 90, 80, 10% of the proposed law (or vice versa), if it makes sense he'll go with it. He'll then be able to come back and tell the American people that he has worked out a deal with Congress and said law will pass unanimously.

I don't think Americans will be shouting "This is BS!!! You promised to kick them out and bring them back legally!! This new plan to make them legal is unacceptable!! We want them kicked out first even if it takes 10 years!!!" Trump is overshooting the target so he has room to work. When you negotiate you don't ask for what your willing to accept right out the gate. If your willing to accept $100 for something your selling, you ask for $200. Thats what he does. At the heart of it, dealing with Congress is nothing more than negotiating.

Will he get the wall? Maybe, maybe not, but what he WILL get is something that will protect and seal our borders (whatever that may be).

Dear Trump Fan, So You Want Someone To ‘Tell It Like It Is’? OK, Here You Go.

So you want someone to tell it like it is.

You say you want someone who’s politically incorrect. You’re so desperate for political incorrectness — a supremely ridiculous reason to vote a guy into the Oval Office, but never mind — that your esteem for him only grows when he belittles the disabled, mocks American prisoners of war, calls women dogs, calls his opponents p*ssies, calls for the assassination of women and children, says he’d like to have sex with his daughter, brags about his adultery, etc.

You’re excited by the most vile statements and most cretinous behavior imaginable — not remotely deterred by any of it, no matter how many times he gloats over infidelity, curses his opponents, and publicly ogles his own children — because, you say, it’s politically incorrect. That is how unfathomably desperate you are for someone to come along and just say what’s on their mind, you claim. You’re so fed up with political correctness that you celebrate political incorrectness without distinguishing between the healthy sort and the “LOL I slept with married women and I’m not sorry” sort. It doesn’t matter if you don’t personally agree, you say, you just respect the hell out of someone who’s willing to shoot straight, even when ”shooting straight” means comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, calling the entire electorate of Iowastupid, and referring to women as “pieces of ass.”

Trump won South Carolina on the support of Evangelical Christians who were so impressed with his alleged straight talk that they overlooked the fact that he’s a crass, cruel, unrepentantphilanderer who says he does not need God’s forgiveness, and who praises Planned Parenthood as “wonderful” and his radically pro-abortion sister as a “phenomenal” candidate for the Supreme Court. That’s how much you pretend to admire bluntness in a man. So much that it overrides literally everything else.

By your logic, then, you should be filled with an immense and irresistible affection for me when I call Donald Trump a crooked, underhanded con artist and you a reckless, ignorant dupe. You should fall madly in love with me when I accuse Donald Trump of being a spoiled, overgrown brat and you of being a cultish groupie enamored with fame. You should well up with pride and salute me as I mentioned that Donald Trump is a stuffed and soiled diaper sagging in the pants of American politics and you’re the poor, pitiful sap trying to elect it president. You don’t have to agree, but man, isn’t it refreshing that I’m willing to tell you what’s on my mind? Shouldn’t you leave a thousand comments under this article praising me for being politically incorrect, willing to attack not only Donald Trump but his blue collar supporters? In fact, if you’re sincere in your alleged regard for the bold and audacious approach, I expect you’ll have launched a nationwide write-in campaign for me by tomorrow morning.

Where is he wrong?
Correct that's the Trump we want, he has same ideas most Trumpsters have.
Let me list what Trumpsters like about him
1- he is helpful, he let Meagan Kelly know it was her time of month.
2- he is going to give all illegals a paid trip to see there home country for FREE. Remember he is only doing this free ride for ILLEGALS.
3- he is going to build a wall so the Mexican people can't see what they are missing out on. Out of sight,out of mind.
4- ban Muslims from coming till we get a fix on it. Thats just common sense.
Don't have time for more right now, Trump is the man, hope he never goes for all the PC crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Let me just settle on one of his proposals that could cause gridlock in Congress. Remember this is just the way I see him handling gridlock and getting things pushed through. It will be a very simplified view of how I see him handling it. I don't want to write a novel ;)

His proposal to kick out 11M illegals from the US and bring them back legally. We all know that is pretty much next to impossible and if possible it would take billions and years to do. So he comes with this proposal and the discussion takes place. A majority of Congress points the above out (billions of dollars, years to do) and says there's just no way. Trump would more than likely counter and ask them "ok..so how do we solve this problem of bringing illegals current and within the law?"

The entire congress hashes out a plan that is doable, Trump concedes its not exactly what he wants BUT it does address the problem with the 11-12M illegals in the country. He wins, Congress wins, everyone wins. They draft up the law and pass it. He won't care if the Dems drafted up 90, 80, 10% of the proposed law (or vice versa), if it makes sense he'll go with it. He'll then be able to come back and tell the American people that he has worked out a deal with Congress and said law will pass unanimously.

I don't think Americans will be shouting "This is BS!!! You promised to kick them out and bring them back legally!! This new plan to make them legal is unacceptable!! We want them kicked out first even if it takes 10 years!!!" Trump is overshooting the target so he has room to work. When you negotiate you don't ask for what your willing to accept right out the gate. If your willing to accept $100 for something your selling, you ask for $200. Thats what he does. At the heart of it, dealing with Congress is nothing more than negotiating.

Will he get the wall? Maybe, maybe not, but what he WILL get is something that will protect and seal our borders (whatever that may be).

OK, I understand where you are coming from much better.

I tend to disagree. I think most presidential candidates will promise things they know will never happen, but the fact they start so far from reality doesn't necessarily equate to them getting a compromise solution. Perhaps Trump would be better at such negotiation, but I wonder if the tactics used in business will translate to government. It seems to me that there are different dynamics in play.

Still, your description is far more reasonable than a simple "He'll get it done because....Trump!". :lol: Thanks. :D

Forum List

Back