Dear Uncle Trump: Please EO away bilingual signs and declare English official language

No surprise dumb ass Trump supporters aren't capable of learning another language :p
I guarenteeyou that if I move to a foreign country I will learn their language. Only an idiot would expect the citizens of a new country to learn my language if I were too lazy to learn the language of my new country. We seem to be the only country in the world that needs to accommodate foreign invaders under their terms. Build the wall and force the rest of the world to follow our immigration laws or stop all immigration until such a time the world starts following our laws to come here. Screw the rest of the world. Most of the people come here illegally hate us anyway and just want free stuff.
Most people come here to work hard and better their lofe....you are just an ignorant racist. And I agree that people should learn English.
If they are willing to work hard when they get here they should be willing to work hard enough to come here legally, unless they’re just lazy invaders that think they are entitled to our tax funded welfare. They feel so entitled they have attorneys in Mexico suing the US for denying their Constutional rights. When they get in they will likely sue you if you eat a taco for curtural appropriation. Let them eat their tacos at home.

Do we really need to post all those signs written in both English and Spanish? The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 stated "Where an employer’s workforce is comprised of a significant portion of workers who are not literate in English, the employer shall be responsible for providing the notice in a language in which the employees are literate.

The National Labor Relations Board also mandated that when 20 percent or more of an employer’s workforce is not proficient in English and speaks a language other than English, employers must provide the posting in the “language employees speak.”

“Do We Need to Post Labor Law Posters in Spanish?” - GovDocs

Some states have also passed their own laws requiring signs be printed in both English and Spanish. Many times, you also hear the "Press 2 for Spanish", when listening to an automated phone service.

Couldn't President Trump do away with that by means of an Executive Order? And maybe declare our official national language to be American English?

^Another loser who wants to restrict freedoms.
This is America, Bub. I can speak whatever language I choose.

You can also choose the freedom to be looked at quizzably and not be understood by everyone else but like they say, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

"They" also say mind your own business.

But it is my business when I can't understand what you're saying or where you're coming from.

Dear Uncle Trump: Please EO away bilingual signs and declare English official language
Que?

Right.

cue
[kyo͞o]
NOUN
cues (plural noun)
  1. a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.
    synonyms:
    signal · sign · indication · prompt · reminder · prompting · nod · word · hint · suggestion · intimation · high sign · zeitgeber

cue definition - Bing
Eres retrasado.

Learning English enhances self sufficiency and most illegals do not have self sufficiency as a goal

Do we really need to post all those signs written in both English and Spanish? The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 stated "Where an employer’s workforce is comprised of a significant portion of workers who are not literate in English, the employer shall be responsible for providing the notice in a language in which the employees are literate.

The National Labor Relations Board also mandated that when 20 percent or more of an employer’s workforce is not proficient in English and speaks a language other than English, employers must provide the posting in the “language employees speak.”

Some states have also passed their own laws requiring signs be printed in both English and Spanish. Many times, you also hear the "Press 2 for Spanish", when listening to an automated phone service.

Couldn't President Trump do away with that by means of an Executive Order? And maybe declare our official national language to be American English?

You can also choose the freedom to be looked at quizzably and not be understood by everyone else but like they say, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

But it is my business when I can't understand what you're saying or where you're coming from.

Who says you need to?

What others are saying to each other is none of your business.

Que?

Right.

cue
[kyo͞o]
NOUN
cues (plural noun)
  1. a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.
    synonyms:
    signal · sign · indication · prompt · reminder · prompting · nod · word · hint · suggestion · intimation · high sign · zeitgeber

cue definition - Bing
Eres retrasado.

That's good. Spit that nasty stuff out of your mouth so it doesn't make you sick.

:laughing0301:

Teddy Roosevelt said if you move here and can't learn English in 5 years, go back where you came from. I agree.

Who says you need to?

Personally, I don't care if two people are speaking Martian to each other. But I don't believe signs should be printed in both English and Martian. Nor should I be forced to "Press 3 for Martian..."

Who says you need to?

Personally, I don't care if two people are speaking Martian to each other. But I don't believe signs should be printed in both English and Martian. Nor should I be forced to "Press 3 for Martian..."

You aren't forced to press 3, dope.

Who says you need to?

You aren't forced to press 3, dope.

Seems to be bigotry and the type of Nationalism*** for which Trump has been correctly criticized. That aside, have you, the reader, ever traveled to foreign countries? My experience in foreign travel (I only speak and read English) is I have needed help in everyday activities.

For example, my wife and I stayed in a small town between Milan and Venice, and walked from our hotel to a Restaurant. No one in the Restaurant spoke English, and when we received our order (Appetizer, Salad, Pizza) we had enough food in the Appetizer (deli type meat, cheeses, olives, peppers, pickled veggies) we didn't really need an entire bowl of green salad (with tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, beans) and a half a loaf of bread, followed by a Cheese Pizza the size of a man hole cover.

***an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feelings of superiority over other countries.

I would love this to happen solely for the entertainment value of the complete meltdown it will cause, especially by Acosta. Talk about poop-flinging mad. Dude would bring an AK to shoot up the next Trump presser.

:laughing0301:

Public policy based on "entertaiment value"??? Wtf is wrong with you?

Seems to be bigotry and the type of Nationalism*** for which Trump has been correctly criticized. That aside, have you, the reader, ever traveled to foreign countries? My experience in foreign travel (I only speak and read English) is I have needed help in everyday activities.

For example, my wife and I stayed in a small town between Milan and Venice, and walked from our hotel to a Restaurant. No one in the Restaurant spoke English, and when we received our order (Appetizer, Salad, Pizza) we had enough food in the Appetizer (deli type meat, cheeses, olives, peppers, pickled veggies) we didn't really need an entire bowl of green salad (with tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, beans) and a half a loaf of bread, followed by a Cheese Pizza the size of a man hole cover.

***an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feelings of superiority over other countries.

How is it "bigotry" that I'd like my employees to understand what I want them to do?

And what's wrong with "nationalism"? Obviously this is the greatest country in the world, otherwise why would so many people want to come here? If we weren't better than other countries, they'd just stay home.

/——/ English as the official language does not stop you from speaking any language you wish- but you already knew that

/——/ English as the official language does not stop you from speaking any language you wish- but you already knew that

So what's the point then?

What's your problem? Can't read English either?

I wonder if people in Canada are constantly bitching that their signs are bilingual in English and French?

/——/ All public and government documents will be in English only. No Spanish driver license exams for example. But again you already knew that.

The point is, speak whatever gobblygook you want. Just don't expect for my government to force me to understand what you're saying. No bi-lingualism mandated in schools, no multi-lingual signs, and no "Press 2 for Spanish..."

Forum List

Back