Debunking Rape Epidemic Claims

I wish Coyote Ugly could be locked in a room (it would have to be an enormous room) with the 10 yr old rape victim who can no longer sleep and who lives with daily panic attacks, and with all the other children and women who have been raped and sexually assaulted across Europe. Somehow, I don't think they'd be comforted with her utterly gross defence of the filthy animal perps, nor with her whitterings about bringing them here to rape - whilst we hope that 'educating' them to ignore the religion and upbringing that tells them women are chattel - works at some point.
Wow. Just wow.

To be fair I don't think she supports rape. I do think she is turning a blind eye in the battle of the leftist mind between skin colour and women's rights. The same justifications that they use to ok Muslim behaviors are the same ones they trash Christians. (Like the bakers).... But that is another dynamic of gays. Which ironically gays are hated and considered animals by Islam. So it's a weird dynamic.... A lot of demons she is fighting right now.

From what I can tell the typical leftist pecking order for causes goes ....

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

The greatest times for democrats is when they used skin colour over everything else (1960's) so they try and replicate that today.
I wouldn't say Coyote supports rape, but she is undoubtedly an apologist for those who do, provided they're Muslims.

Exaggerating on-campus rape because they're mostly white boys while trying to minimize rape by Muslims is the hypocrisy of the left at its worst!

I wish Coyote Ugly could be locked in a room (it would have to be an enormous room) with the 10 yr old rape victim who can no longer sleep and who lives with daily panic attacks, and with all the other children and women who have been raped and sexually assaulted across Europe. Somehow, I don't think they'd be comforted with her utterly gross defence of the filthy animal perps, nor with her whitterings about bringing them here to rape - whilst we hope that 'educating' them to ignore the religion and upbringing that tells them women are chattel - works at some point.
Wow. Just wow.

To be fair I don't think she supports rape. I do think she is turning a blind eye in the battle of the leftist mind between skin colour and women's rights. The same justifications that they use to ok Muslim behaviors are the same ones they trash Christians. (Like the bakers).... But that is another dynamic of gays. Which ironically gays are hated and considered animals by Islam. So it's a weird dynamic.... A lot of demons she is fighting right now.

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

The greatest times for democrats is when they used skin colour over everything else (1960's) so they try and replicate that today.
I wouldn't say Coyote supports rape, but she is undoubtedly an apologist for those who do, provided they're Muslims.

Exaggerating on-campus rape because they're mostly white boys while trying to minimize rape by Muslims is the hypocrisy of the left at its worst!

Yup it's obvious for them skin colour trumps all.

Coyote what is your fascination with Islam and these migrants?

It seems you desperately want to make every known excuse in the book for them.

One. I'm not making excuses. Name one excuse I've given for rape, or any other violent behavior. I want the truth. What is the truth? What are the facts when you strip emotional hype and fear?

Fear drives us to unspeakable things to our fellow people.

My fascination is less with Islam then it is with scapegoating and broadbrushing an entire group of people and right now, it's acceptable to scapegoat Muslims broadly and completely, with out regard to whether it's conspiracy theory, the actions of a few, or hype over fact. Seems to be me any right thinking person should be concerned when a group gets scapegoated. We don't tolerate it when it's Jews or Blacks do we? How do our resident racists/anti-semites get treated? Not with respect. But when it comes to Muslims, it's the broad brush and if you question it, ask for facts, you are labeled.

I'll give an example. Why do I press Dogma on the issue of a poll? Because, in a thread on American Muslims, he wanted to show that American Muslims are just as violent, extremist, intolerant, etc as he views Muslims in other countries. Previously he had used Pew, a well respected non-partisan source for views of Muslims around the world towards Sharia, apostacy, homosexuality and women's rights. So did he use Pew in this thread? No. He chose a poll that who's methodology is roundly criticized and debunked, from a site widely considered way out there by many, and a hate site, who's results purported to show something like over 50% suppported religous violence and Sharia as law of the land, or something. This completely contradicted Pew, which showed American Muslims are largely the same as other demographic groups in America in their opinions towards seperation of religion and state, violence, homosexuality, and women's rights. So, Pew is "good enough" for worldwide opinion but suddenly not "good enough" for American Muslim opinion? When a person deliberately chooses to use something from a disreputable site over something from a reputable site - I think it's reasonable to ask "why" and what are the motivations?

My "fascination" with migrants and refugees is because they are PEOPLE, living, breathing people who have gone through horrendous experiences in an attempt to escape what are often desperate situations. It takes a particular desperation and courage to do that, and the death toll in those sea voyages and at the hands of traffickers is very high. We tend to forget they are human beings.

1. This entire thread is about a conspiracy against Muslims. This is an excuse to the media reports of them rapefugees.

Conspiracy theories aren't backed by data or facts. My thread's OP is backed by crime statistics over a period of time. The same sort of crime statistics, I might add, that are perfectly acceptable under other circumstances. The fact that you refer to refugees/migrants as whole as "rapefugees" pretty much supports my position.

2. On broad stroking a group of people.... If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck... It's a duck.

Muslims worldwide share the belief in oppression of women and children. Not all rape away in praise to Allah. But they do support wearing oppressive garmets.

This is my biggest issue with Islam. Their constant oppression, which has no place in western society. Which is why I would shut the borders to them. Until they had a reformation to remove these beliefs and teachings . My wife is Russian orthodox and wears a scarf in church but only wears it in church. She doesn't wear it everywhere .... She still believes in God and isn't any less of an orthodox because of this .... How is this any different than a Muslim?

There I disagree with you, because it assumes two things - that all Muslims adhere to the most conservative aspects of Islam, that they all believe in oppressing women, and that Islam is unchangeable. Attitudes towards women vary according to the culture of the people who practice that faith. For example - look at FGM. It's most prevalent in N. Africa, and in the countries where it is still practiced, it is done by Christian, Animaist and Muslims alike. Yet, in other Muslim majority countries it is unheard of. There is nothing in Islam itself that demands it - it's a cultural legacy.

Opinions of Muslims towards the role of women around the world may lag behind those of western countries, but within Western countries, like the US, Muslim opinions are in line with that of other demographic groups.

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

What do American Muslims believe?

Our 2011 survey of Muslim Americans found that roughly half of U.S. Muslims (48%) say their own religious leaders have not done enough to speak out against Islamic extremists.

Living in a religiously pluralistic society, Muslim Americans are more likely than Muslims in many other nations to have many non-Muslim friends. Only about half (48%) of U.S. Muslims say all or most of their close friends are also Muslims, compared with a global median of 95% in the 39 countries we surveyed.

Roughly seven-in-ten U.S. Muslims (69%) say religion is very important in their lives. Virtually all (96%) say they believe in God, nearly two-thirds (65%) report praying at least daily and nearly half (47%) say they attend religious services at least weekly. By all of these traditional measures, Muslims in the U.S. are roughly as religious as U.S. Christians, although they are less religious than Muslims in many other nations.

When it comes to political and social views, Muslims are far more likely to identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party (70%) than the Republican Party (11%) and to say they prefer a bigger government providing more services (68%) over a smaller government providing fewer services (21%). As of 2011, U.S. Muslims were somewhat split between those who said homosexuality should be accepted by society (39%) and those who said it should be discouraged (45%), although the group had grown considerably more accepting of homosexuality since a similar survey was conducted in 2007.

Section 5: Political Opinions and Social Values
Muslim Americans show strong support for allowing women to join the workforce. Nine-in-ten either completely (72%) or mostly agree (18%) that women should be able to work outside the home. Among the U.S. general public, almost all either completely (81%) or mostly (16%) agree with this.

Attitudes among Muslim Americans are similar to attitudes among Muslims in Lebanon and Turkey. But support for women working outside the home is considerably smaller in many other Muslim nations. For example, in Egypt, only about six-in-ten say they either completely agree (23%) or mostly agree (39%) that women should be allowed to work outside the home. About four-in-ten (39%) disagree.

Nearly seven-in-ten U.S. Muslims (68%) say gender makes no difference in the quality of political leaders. Still, about a quarter (27%) say men make better political leaders. Very few (4%) say women make better leaders. There are only slight differences in views on this between men and women and among various age groups. Among the U.S. public, 72% say gender does not determine who will be the better political leader. About one-in-ten each say men (12%) or women (13%) make better lead

3. How you treat other posters is of no concern to me in this discussion. That is between you and them. I am more concerned with the topic and not a side argument over past threads.

4. So you would be willing to take on any people as long as they can make it here?

This type of belief is just not feasible in our society. If we didn't have any social benefits then possibly.... But we just can afford adding people from the 3rd world. Not to mention the harm it would do our culture to be flooded with 3rd worlders.

No, I would not be willing to take on any people. I would not take those convicted of violent crimes for example. I'm not "open borders". I think there should be a good vetting process for people from certain countries and we do need to have limits. I don't think it's because of our social benefits system, since few tend to utilize them, and when they do it's not for long. Most want to work.

The question I have though, is that your argument - " the harm it would do our culture to be flooded with 3rd worlders" - is the same argument that has been applied to many other immigrant groups over successive waves of immigration: Irish, Chinese, East European Jews, Italians etc. and the sky never fell.

And it's not courageous for fighting aged men to flee the fight to go to the west. Were you also cheering on the guy in titanic who got on the lifeboat ahead of women and children? Was he courageous?

I don't think it is that black and white. Many of those "fighting age men" are not - they're just men, and there is no breakdown in ages in the data. There is also considerable differences in the different groups. For migrants and refugees trying to make it to Europe, 53% are men, with no age breakdown.

That number includes all migrants. However, the number of Syrian refugees overall, is dominated by women and children, most of whom are in the camps.

I don't consider it comparable to the life boat situation because I can see why men would go first. The journey is tremendously dangerous, with a high mortality rate and an uncertain future. The family is usually left in relative safety by comparison. While the conditions are bad in the refugee camps, at least they aren't being straffed by barrel bombs or sold as sex slaves by ISIS. I would think it would be the men who would take the risks to try and establish themselves and bring their families over.

I've heard the argument before that these men are cowardly and should stay and fight. My response is this - who are we to judge them when we do not walk in their shoes? Listening to interviews with refugees from the Syrian conflict - what they and their families have been through is horrendous. It's a war with no clear sides and horrible atrocities perpetrated on civilians. It's not a new argument. In fact, the same arguments were made in taking Jewish refugees during the holocaust. Some countries that were willing to take them, would only take the children. So desperate parents sent their children to try and save them. And of course, the parents died. In a conflict like Syria - I wouldn't judge the men. That's different than the migrants though, but even then - they are fleeing different things so you can't just broadly judge it, it's case by case.

As for being human beings.... If they are brought up to believe In oppression and rape of women and children.... Just how human are they? Sounds more like how animals believe....

Just how human are they? Very.

You assume they are all rapists and abusers regardless of background, education, culture and individuality. I disagree with that assumption.

Wow. Just wow.

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

Where have I ever exaggerated on-campus rape?

Wow. Just wow.

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

I've little doubt you have, but please stop being silly by asking me where. I would have to go through more posts than the Beast's deleted emails.

Regardless, the left exaggerates on-campus rape and minimizes that of Muslims because it fits into their agenda.

Enough sleaze, OK?

Wow. Just wow.

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

The dynamic is not that complicated.

I support basic rights, equality and freedoms for all regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, or religion until they have individually committed a crime or behave in such a way that strips them of those rights.

I support a secular government and our constitution and total separation of church and state.

That means if a Christian refuses to rent a hotel room to a gay couple or a Muslim refuses to rent a hotel room to a gay couple, I feel the same. They're both wrong imo. Religious rights do not mean you can discriminate against classes of people. At this point, in the US, there haven't been many anti-gay bakers who are Muslim who have created a stir, because they represent a tiny portion of the population.

Homophobia is something I oppose, but I'm not going to and have not broad brushed all Christians for the actions of a few, and neither will I do that with all Muslims. Polls of American Muslims indicate that attitudes towards acceptance of homosexuality are roughly in line with that of other US religious groups and in fact, there is a higher acceptance rate among Muslims then Evangelicals. Among all groups, the trend is towards increasing acceptance.

Defending the right of all people to worship as they wish within the constraints of our laws should not be that controversial if you support laws that protect people from harassment, violence, discrimination based on their sexual identity - something which many people continue to fight against still. Supporting those rights doesn't mean supporting religiously based discrimmination or hatred.

Wow. Just wow.

Islam > Gays
Islam > Women's rights

Skin Colour trumps all.

I've little doubt you have, but please stop being silly by asking me where. I would have to go through more posts than the Beast's deleted emails.

Regardless, the left exaggerates on-campus rape and minimizes that of Muslims because it fits into their agenda.

Enough sleaze, OK?

You're a liar. I haven't. And that is because I recognize the campus rape issue is very lopsided and frankly, unjust to the boys in the way it's applied by some institutions not to mention the scandals like Tawana Brawley where it was outright faked and their lives were basically ruined because of it.

Yes. Please stop your sleaze.

Like your collection of naked Neville Chamberlain pics?
I just love these threads started by rape apologists.
They could give a damn less about the victims.
Oh please, you know damn well you guys don't give a damn about rape, or other abusive crimes against women and girls such as child marriages UNLESS Muslims are involved :lol:

Feel free to test than theory and post a thread about a story of a pedo rapist and see what happens .

Here is a list of threads involving abusive practices to women, rape, child rape, etc. Feel free to join in. Most didn't get much attention.

Ex-Employee Leaks Details About Refugee Abuse On Nauru
Child Marriages
Rape
Worst Places for Women
For India's Widows, A Riot Of Color, An Act Of Liberation
Congolese Doctor Denis Mukwege Receives Sakharov Prize
In Congo, Trapped In Violence And Forgotten

I will check these as I go. But if you are looking for sympathy for anyone who chooses not to live right then you are barking up the wrong tree.

I would shut borders from any place that oppresses women and/or children. I think we need less of these people and more of the people who know how to live right.

My sister in law lives in Belarus and she would be a much better addition to any western country than anyone from the Middle East outside of Israel. But she refuses to enter any country by hook or crook.

If you want to discuss immigration policy then I would take a page from the US immigration 1924 and limit each country to 3% yearly of the foreign born population of legal citizens. I would block the Middle East and Central America. One being at war with Islamic terrorism and Central America for the purpose to allow us to work through all the current illegals in this country. Given most are from Central America. A 10 year hold on immigration from these parts should allow us to catch up and tackle the current illegals. After we round up any of them who have had a felony and deported them immediately.

Immigration should be a slow and steady drip so they can assimilate to our nation and our cultural beliefs since they are moving to be part of our culture.

I love the Australian point system for immigration. If you are not familiar then I encourage you to familiarize yourself.

In light of your feelings about the oppression of women, you might want to rethink whether you want to bring in people from Belarus...

Empowering Belarusian Women to Combat Domestic Violence
Every fourth woman in Belarus has been physically abused by her partner. Just in the last three months, 24 Belarusians have died as a result of domestic violence, a 41% increase from last year.

For decades, impunity for such abuse has persisted in Belarus, a country with a traditional view on a women’s place in society and a troublesome human rights record for both men and women. Domestic violence is finally becoming a public issue and preventative and punitive measures are being taken...

...A typical Belarusian domestic bully is a man in his thirties or forties, intoxicated and unemployed, according to Oleg Karazei, Head of the Prevention Office of the Central Department for Law Enforcement and Prevention of the Belarusian Interior Ministry. Thus, a high level of alcohol consumption, economic problems, and the lower status of women may contribute to the high prevalence of domestic violence in Belarus.

The Role of Culture and Gender Roles

Most important, the prevalence of domestic violence correlates with the status of women and cultural norms regarding gender roles. On the one hand, the law treats women and men in Belarus equally. The country has acceded to all major relevant international conventions related to the rights of women, including the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (Women’s Convention) and 
its Optional Protocol.

On the other hand, discrimination against women on the job market and the so-called “glass ceiling” remain prevalent. Patriarchal notions of a woman's role in the family pervade the social and political sphere. Belarusian women are largely responsible for child upbringing, and President Lukashenka himself views women primarily as “keepers of hearth and home". For example, in 2010 he said, "It is undeniable that the Lord has ordained a woman to be a mother. Regardless of a woman's career, she has to care for her children. I want our women to give birth to at least three children."

Gender stereotypes make violence easier to justify and can prevent women from reporting abuse. Cultural norms play a large role in the way women choose to respond to violence. Women in Belarus, as well as in other post-Soviet states, are expected "not to wash their dirty laundry in public".

Talk about Alinski tactics ...

So, debunking false claims of an "epidemic" or "rape jihad" is now "defending rape".

That's quite stretch.

Here is one: Child Marriages Islam as practiced in UAE/Kuwait/SA allows men to have sex by temporarily marrying women, and then dumping them, it's not considered adultry, and allows them to essentially rape these young girls and dump them when they get pregnant. This also fuels the human trafficking problem there.

So you claim not to defend rape, then turn around and defend it.

When you deny that women brutalized by your allies are even victims, that is some disgusting "blame the victim" bullshit.

When the violent and evil Warlord Muhammad was charging across the Arabian peninsula, the thugs who were his soldiers wanted to know what was in it for them? Muhammad granted them the right to rape and pillage as reward. "Temporary marriage" is how the evil fuck justified rape by his goons. A 15 minute "marriage" meant that the rapist/Muslim was not committing adultery under Sharia.

Rape is a foundational part of Islam, granted by the filthy "prophet" himself.

Strike out rational discussion with you then. Using your rather distorted logic, I can only assume your concern with rape and child abuse starts and ends with Islam.

Thank you for our input.

I will leave you to figure out which rules for radical tactic you just used in that post.

Will give you your due if you can correctly acknowledge which rule you used in that post.

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals

* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)

* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)

* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)

* RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)

* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)

* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)

* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Which one did the post I responded to violate or is this the usual double standard?

You're a liar. I haven't. And that is because I recognize the campus rape issue is very lopsided and frankly, unjust to the boys in the way it's applied by some institutions not to mention the scandals like Tawana Brawley where it was outright faked and their lives were basically ruined because of it.

Stop your histrionics and tell me what I've lied about. Stop with the run-on sentences and the sleaze too. Thank you.

Stop your histrionics and tell me what I've lied about. Stop with the run-on sentences and the sleaze too. Thank you.
It never stops, Meathead, never!

It never stops, Meathead, never!
I am not that familiar with her, but from what I can discern I gather your are right.

Last edited:

Please. Enough with your sleaze. You lied about my position on campus rape, a behavior you and Tilly have in common it seems.

If you can't be honest, then just say so and I'll stop conversing with you.

Please. Enough with your sleaze. You lied about my position on campus rape, a behavior you and Tilly have in common it seems.

I said that I've little doubt that you exaggerate campus rape and I know you mitigate that of Muslims. The former is because you're a dogmatic dingbat, and the latter goes to your OP in this thread.

Please feel free to stop conversing with me at any time. That, of course, does not mean I will not point out your sleaze and hypocrisy at any time I see fit.

Do we understand each other?

There is a lot of gibberish talked about the role of women in Islam. It really isnt as straightforward as the frothers would make out.

Afghanistan[edit]
First female minister of Afghanistan. The third Afghan Constitution (in 1964 under King Zahir Shah) gave women the right to vote and enter parliament as elected candidates for the first time. As a result, in elections the following year three women were elected as members of the parliament and two appointed as members of the senate. Kubra Nurzai was appointed Minister of Public Health in 1965 and re-appointed in 1967.[12]

After graduating medical school in Kabul in 1988, she practiced as a physician until 1999 when the rule of the Taliban made this impossible. She began working for the women-led UN World Food Progamme (WFP) in 1999. After the Taliban was removed from power in 2002 she was one of 200 women who participated in the loya jirga. She ran for president in 2002, becoming the first woman to run for this position in Afghanistan. She won 171 votes (the second most ballots received) in the 2002 presidential election against Karzai.[13] She lost the election to Hamid Karzai but served within his cabinet as the Women's Affairs Minister from 2004-2006. Jalal was later nominated to study in Washington, DC at the Center for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA), which teaches women how to advance their leadership roles.[13]

One of 200 women who participated in the loya jirga after the fall of the Taliban in 2002. She is the first female mayor in Afghanistan. She is the current mayor of Nili, a town inDaykundi Province of Afghanistan.

In 2014 she became a candidate for President of Afghanistan after being elected as the Vice President of the National Assembly of Afghanistan in 2005. As Vice President she became the first female Second Deputy Speaker of Parliament.

She served as the Afghanistan Ministry of Women's Affairs from 2001-2003.

Ran in the Afghan Presidential Election of 2009.

Azerbaijan[edit]
She is a Professor and Doctor of medicine. She became the first female ambassador in Azerbaijan in 1993. She served as the Secretary of State in Azerbaijan from 1993-1994. She chose to resign from this position because of her dissatisfaction with corruption within the government. She founded the Azerbaijan Liberal Party in 1995 and has conducted Presidential runs as the head of this party.[14]

Bahrain[edit]
First female elected to the Council of Representatives of Bahrain in 2006 and is the only female to ever have been a council member.

• Nada Haffadh
  • First ever female cabinet minister when she was appointed as the Minister of Health in 2004. She also served within the upper house of parliament in the Consultative Council in 2007.

Bangladesh[edit]
    As the third most populous Muslim-majority country, Bangladesh has been ruled, as of 2016, for the last 25 years by female Prime Ministers[15] by electing Khaleda Zia[16] andSheikh Hasina as prime ministers.
    Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1996-2001 and 2009–Present. She is a member of the Council of Women World Leaders.
    Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. When elected in 1991 she became the first female Prime Minister of Bangladesh and the second female leader in the Muslim world to be a leader of a democratic government.[17] She is also the chairperson and leader of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and has been ranked by Forbes three times as the 100 Most Powerful Women in the World. [17][18][19]

Egypt[edit]
    Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt- the fifth most populous Muslim majority nation- also consists of women.[20]
    In 1956 she became the first woman to be commissioned as an officer in the Liberation Army of Egypt. She is considered to be a pioneer for female leaders in Muslim-majority countries. She was the first female Parliamentarian in the Arab world when in 1957 she served in the Parliament of Egypt.[21][22]

Indonesia[edit]
    The most populous Muslim-majority country.
    She served as president of Indonesia from 2001-2004, becoming the first female president of Indonesia and the fourth female to lead a Muslim-majority nation.[23]

Jordan[edit]She became Jordan's first female member of Parliament when elected in 1993. She faced lots of backlash as a female in this position, including arrests and mistreatment while imprisoned, causing a global outcry and the assistance of Amnesty International.

Kosovo[edit]In the Muslim majority territory of Kosovo, President Atifete Jahjaga was unanimously elected by the Assembly of Kosovo on April 7, 2011.[24]

Kyrgyzstan[edit]As an atheist,[25] she was sworn in as President of the Muslim-majority Kyrgyzstan on 3 July 2010, after acting as interim leader following the Tulip Revolution.

Pakistan[edit]
    The second most populous Muslim-majority country.

• In 1982 she became the first female in Pakistan to lead a political party, the Pakistan People's Party. Her father, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, founded thePakistan People's Party in 1968.[26] She was elected twice as the Prime Minister [27] of Pakistan. Her first election to Prime Minister in 1988 made her the first woman to lead a Muslim-majority country. She served in this position from 1988-1990 and from 1992-1996. She was assassinated as a candidate in the 2008 election for Prime Minister.

Senegal[edit]She was elected as the Minister of Justice in 2000 and was Prime Minister from 2001 to 2002. She is the first female in Senegal to hold this position.

Turkey[edit]Became Prime Minister of Turkey in 1993. Four Muslim countries have been or are currently led by women because of successions after deceased fathers, husbands, etc. Ciller, however, won her position as Prime Minister entirely on her own.[28] Ciller attended Robert College and later received her Master’s and Ph.D. Ciller returned to Turkey and taught economics at Bosphorus University after her husband was offered a good job. She entered politics in 1990 by joining the True Path Party (which she is now the president of) under Suleyman Demirel. Ciller quickly became assistant of the party, and then entered the 1991 election where she won and received the responsibility for ministry of economy in the government. President Turgu Ozal died in 1993, so Demirel took his position as president. Ciller saw her chance and took it, for she won the position as prime minister in June 1993. Tansu Ciller is one of Turkey’s most powerful politicians and is said to be the key to forming the next government. Ciller’s supporters favor her modernization/westernization ideas. Despite her followers, Ciller also had many people against her reforms. Ciller was forced to leave the government after she made some unpopular actions as prime minister. Her questionable decisions led to three different parliamentary investigations on her, so Ciller decided to leave office in 1995. Despite her mistakes, Ciller still remains very powerful today.[29]
All of these oppressed women have managed to make it to the top in savage third world shitholes. It doesnt really tally with a narrative of downtrodden submissive housewives who cant go out of the house without permission.

I do recognise that it isnt the full story but neither is the broad brush approach to 1.6bn people.

Meanwhile in the Land of the Free a woman who is standing for President is described as all sorts of disgusting things. Her daughter is castigated for the crime of being "fucking ugly" as well.

Another candidates wife is used as some sort of trophy to beat up a rivals wife who isnt a supermodel.

A tv reporter who has the cheek to do her job is thought to be having a period.

Women earn less than men and have the pleasure of men deciding what is best for their bodies.

Male rapists in this country are set free if a conviction will damage their career prospects and all in all its a lot more nuanced than the idiocracy would have you believe.

There is a lot of gibberish talked about the role of women in Islam. It really isnt as straightforward as the frothers would make out.

Afghanistan[edit]
First female minister of Afghanistan. The third Afghan Constitution (in 1964 under King Zahir Shah) gave women the right to vote and enter parliament as elected candidates for the first time. As a result, in elections the following year three women were elected as members of the parliament and two appointed as members of the senate. Kubra Nurzai was appointed Minister of Public Health in 1965 and re-appointed in 1967.[12]

After graduating medical school in Kabul in 1988, she practiced as a physician until 1999 when the rule of the Taliban made this impossible. She began working for the women-led UN World Food Progamme (WFP) in 1999. After the Taliban was removed from power in 2002 she was one of 200 women who participated in the loya jirga. She ran for president in 2002, becoming the first woman to run for this position in Afghanistan. She won 171 votes (the second most ballots received) in the 2002 presidential election against Karzai.[13] She lost the election to Hamid Karzai but served within his cabinet as the Women's Affairs Minister from 2004-2006. Jalal was later nominated to study in Washington, DC at the Center for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA), which teaches women how to advance their leadership roles.[13]

One of 200 women who participated in the loya jirga after the fall of the Taliban in 2002. She is the first female mayor in Afghanistan. She is the current mayor of Nili, a town inDaykundi Province of Afghanistan.

In 2014 she became a candidate for President of Afghanistan after being elected as the Vice President of the National Assembly of Afghanistan in 2005. As Vice President she became the first female Second Deputy Speaker of Parliament.

Azerbaijan[edit]
She is a Professor and Doctor of medicine. She became the first female ambassador in Azerbaijan in 1993. She served as the Secretary of State in Azerbaijan from 1993-1994. She chose to resign from this position because of her dissatisfaction with corruption within the government. She founded the Azerbaijan Liberal Party in 1995 and has conducted Presidential runs as the head of this party.[14]

Bahrain[edit]
First female elected to the Council of Representatives of Bahrain in 2006 and is the only female to ever have been a council member.

• Nada Haffadh
  • First ever female cabinet minister when she was appointed as the Minister of Health in 2004. She also served within the upper house of parliament in the Consultative Council in 2007.

Bangladesh[edit]
    As the third most populous Muslim-majority country, Bangladesh has been ruled, as of 2016, for the last 25 years by female Prime Ministers[15] by electing Khaleda Zia[16] andSheikh Hasina as prime ministers.Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1996-2001 and 2009–Present. She is a member of the Council of Women World Leaders.Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. When elected in 1991 she became the first female Prime Minister of Bangladesh and the second female leader in the Muslim world to be a leader of a democratic government.[17] She is also the chairperson and leader of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and has been ranked by Forbes three times as the 100 Most Powerful Women in the World. [17][18][19]

Egypt[edit]
    Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt- the fifth most populous Muslim majority nation- also consists of women.[20]In 1956 she became the first woman to be commissioned as an officer in the Liberation Army of Egypt. She is considered to be a pioneer for female leaders in Muslim-majority countries. She was the first female Parliamentarian in the Arab world when in 1957 she served in the Parliament of Egypt.[21][22]

Indonesia[edit]
    The most populous Muslim-majority country.She served as president of Indonesia from 2001-2004, becoming the first female president of Indonesia and the fourth female to lead a Muslim-majority nation.[23]

Jordan[edit]She became Jordan's first female member of Parliament when elected in 1993. She faced lots of backlash as a female in this position, including arrests and mistreatment while imprisoned, causing a global outcry and the assistance of Amnesty International.

Kosovo[edit]In the Muslim majority territory of Kosovo, President Atifete Jahjaga was unanimously elected by the Assembly of Kosovo on April 7, 2011.[24]

Kyrgyzstan[edit]As an atheist,[25] she was sworn in as President of the Muslim-majority Kyrgyzstan on 3 July 2010, after acting as interim leader following the Tulip Revolution.

Pakistan[edit]

• In 1982 she became the first female in Pakistan to lead a political party, the Pakistan People's Party. Her father, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, founded thePakistan People's Party in 1968.[26] She was elected twice as the Prime Minister [27] of Pakistan. Her first election to Prime Minister in 1988 made her the first woman to lead a Muslim-majority country. She served in this position from 1988-1990 and from 1992-1996. She was assassinated as a candidate in the 2008 election for Prime Minister.

Senegal[edit]She was elected as the Minister of Justice in 2000 and was Prime Minister from 2001 to 2002. She is the first female in Senegal to hold this position.

Turkey[edit]Became Prime Minister of Turkey in 1993. Four Muslim countries have been or are currently led by women because of successions after deceased fathers, husbands, etc. Ciller, however, won her position as Prime Minister entirely on her own.[28] Ciller attended Robert College and later received her Master’s and Ph.D. Ciller returned to Turkey and taught economics at Bosphorus University after her husband was offered a good job. She entered politics in 1990 by joining the True Path Party (which she is now the president of) under Suleyman Demirel. Ciller quickly became assistant of the party, and then entered the 1991 election where she won and received the responsibility for ministry of economy in the government. President Turgu Ozal died in 1993, so Demirel took his position as president. Ciller saw her chance and took it, for she won the position as prime minister in June 1993. Tansu Ciller is one of Turkey’s most powerful politicians and is said to be the key to forming the next government. Ciller’s supporters favor her modernization/westernization ideas. Despite her followers, Ciller also had many people against her reforms. Ciller was forced to leave the government after she made some unpopular actions as prime minister. Her questionable decisions led to three different parliamentary investigations on her, so Ciller decided to leave office in 1995. Despite her mistakes, Ciller still remains very powerful today.[29]
All of these oppressed women have managed to make it to the top in savage third world shitholes. It doesnt really tally with a narrative of downtrodden submissive housewives who cant go out of the house without permission.

I do recognise that it isnt the full story but neither is the broad brush approach to 1.6bn people.

Meanwhile in the Land of the Free a woman who is standing for President is described as all sorts of disgusting things. Her daughter is castigated for the crime of being "fucking ugly" as well.

Another candidates wife is used as some sort of trophy to beat up a rivals wife who isnt a supermodel.

Women earn less than men and have the pleasure of men deciding what is best for their bodies.

Male rapists in this country are set free if a conviction will damage their career prospects and all in all its a lot more nuanced than the idiocracy would have you believe.
There are probably more gay men in your village than the "successful" Muslim women from all the shit holes in the world:

Speaking of posts where you defend rape.... :eusa_whistle:
Exactly! Ha ha ha. You can't expect it to be universal that men know they shouldn't rape and sexually assault women and children??? :wtf:
An excellent argument for not letting any of them in!

Or teaching them. Of course, that is assuming you are correct in thinking the majority of them believe it's ok to assault women and children.

The majority of them believe it's ok to oppress women and children.

They may not all rape away but they all do spread around the oppression.

How do you know the "majority" of the world's 1.6 billion muslims believe it's ok to oppress women and children, or assault them? What do you base this on?

Well we can start just by the amount who force/insist women to wear the hijab/burqa/or any head scarf. They can chalk it up to religious this and that but you can't force anyone to wear certain clothes in the western world.

As for the Muslims who don't require this to be worn that's a good start. These are the types of reformations that need to happen.... This has happened in just about every other religion. They have evolved with western culture.

How many are "forced"?

How many choose?

How do you determine this?

Is this any different than orthodox Jewish women who are "forced" to wear a head covering when out in public? Or do they choose to?

Why is it, around the world, there are many Muslim women who don't wear any head covering?

How do you know it's forced?

I said that I've little doubt that you exaggerate campus rape and I know you mitigate that of Muslims. The former is because you're a dogmatic dingbat, and the latter goes to your OP in this thread.

Please feel free to stop conversing with me at any time. That, of course, does not mean I will not point out your sleaze and hypocrisy at any time I see fit.

Do we understand each other?

Oh. You now have "little doubt".

You're a liar and you don't even have the integrity to admit your claim was baseless.

Dismissed.

Afghanistan[edit]

Azerbaijan[edit]

Bahrain[edit]

• Nada Haffadh

Bangladesh[edit]
    As the third most populous Muslim-majority country, Bangladesh has been ruled, as of 2016, for the last 25 years by female Prime Ministers[15] by electing Khaleda Zia[16] andSheikh Hasina as prime ministers.Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1996-2001 and 2009–Present. She is a member of the Council of Women World Leaders.Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. When elected in 1991 she became the first female Prime Minister of Bangladesh and the second female leader in the Muslim world to be a leader of a democratic government.[17] She is also the chairperson and leader of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and has been ranked by Forbes three times as the 100 Most Powerful Women in the World. [17][18][19]

Egypt[edit]
    Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt- the fifth most populous Muslim majority nation- also consists of women.[20]In 1956 she became the first woman to be commissioned as an officer in the Liberation Army of Egypt. She is considered to be a pioneer for female leaders in Muslim-majority countries. She was the first female Parliamentarian in the Arab world when in 1957 she served in the Parliament of Egypt.[21][22]

Indonesia[edit]
    The most populous Muslim-majority country.She served as president of Indonesia from 2001-2004, becoming the first female president of Indonesia and the fourth female to lead a Muslim-majority nation.[23]

Pakistan[edit]

I see that Tilly thinks that rape is funny.

Enough sleaze, OK?
Exactly what I said in fact. Stop with the histrionics and sleaze. You are of course free to make a fool of yourself. As someone who has a commitment to this site, one would think it would give you pause, but whatever.

Forum List

Back