Dem introduces bills to eliminate electoral college, stop presidents from pardoning themselves

They want to do away with the electoral college because they only reprisent big cities. If your rural they don’t care about you or your vote. As far as they are concerned the vote should be limited to nyc, la, seattle and miami. Our foundres were much more intelligent than almost all politicians now days, definitely all democrats.

Um, guy, big cities are where people ACTUALLY LIVE. Only 3% of the population is living in rural areas fucking their cousins.

Do you fuck your relatives joe?

Steve Cohen (D) TN is who filed the ABOLISH the Electoral College bill.
He is screwing over his own TN constituents.
Tennesseans need to vote this crazy liberal creep out ASAP.

Bill Clinton never won the popular vote and the Dems never complained.
Thats because while Clinton may have his faults he wasnt a fucking idiot like Drumpf. Also we know Perot took some of Clintons votes.

No, it was Nader that took democrat votes, and Perot votes would have gone to a republican.

Why assume all of the votes that went to Perot would have gone to the Republican candidates? If there had been a runoff it's possible that some would have voted Democrat and some would not have voted at all.

And if you got rid of it you'd have the candidates spending all their time in California, New York, Texas, and Florida. I don't see how that remedies anything.
it remedies that the general population doesnt decide the POTUS.

Why should they? I don't understand why so many people believe the president is there to fulfill the wants of the majority of the population. He's not and he never has been. As I said before, the president is not a monarch. It's not solely up to him to set the nation's agenda. The American people keep wanting to turn it into that, but the Executive's role is to work in conjunction with the Legislative branch to guide the nation forward. We are not now nor have we ever been a majority rules nation. We are a republic, not a direct democracy, for a reason. Direct democracy results in tyranny of the majority. We've seen in the past what mob rule does. It results in the Salem Witch Trials and Jim Crow. Again, the House of Representatives was created in equal proportion of the population for the majority of the people in each district to decide how they want to be represented. The Senate was created with equal representation for each state to advance the states' interests. The president's job is to either affirm or reject their agenda based upon whether he feels it is or is not within the best interest of the nation. Sometimes that is what the majority wants and sometimes it's not and the Congress can override his decision if they want. If you want a king, why have Congress at all?

"I don't understand why so many people believe the president is there to fulfill the wants of the majority of the population. He's not and he never has been"

WTF? If that was true why do people vote at election time with the name of the candidates for presidency? Think about what you are saying. Basically youre saying that voting for POTUS is an exercise in futility and all those campaign promises are useless.

The President is there to do what is in the best interest of the COUNTRY, not to satisfy a certain group. As President Tump has done. Funny how you left wing nutcases have benefitted yet still cry. Come tax time, will you check the Not My President box and continue to pay higher rates? Of course not.

And if you got rid of it you'd have the candidates spending all their time in California, New York, Texas, and Florida. I don't see how that remedies anything.

Why should they? I don't understand why so many people believe the president is there to fulfill the wants of the majority of the population. He's not and he never has been. As I said before, the president is not a monarch. It's not solely up to him to set the nation's agenda. The American people keep wanting to turn it into that, but the Executive's role is to work in conjunction with the Legislative branch to guide the nation forward. We are not now nor have we ever been a majority rules nation. We are a republic, not a direct democracy, for a reason. Direct democracy results in tyranny of the majority. We've seen in the past what mob rule does. It results in the Salem Witch Trials and Jim Crow. Again, the House of Representatives was created in equal proportion of the population for the majority of the people in each district to decide how they want to be represented. The Senate was created with equal representation for each state to advance the states' interests. The president's job is to either affirm or reject their agenda based upon whether he feels it is or is not within the best interest of the nation. Sometimes that is what the majority wants and sometimes it's not and the Congress can override his decision if they want. If you want a king, why have Congress at all?

"I don't understand why so many people believe the president is there to fulfill the wants of the majority of the population. He's not and he never has been"

WTF? If that was true why do people vote at election time with the name of the candidates for presidency? Think about what you are saying. Basically youre saying that voting for POTUS is an exercise in futility and all those campaign promises are useless.

The President is there to do what is in the best interest of the COUNTRY, not to satisfy a certain group. As President Tump has done. Funny how you left wing nutcases have benefitted yet still cry. Come tax time, will you check the Not My President box and continue to pay higher rates? Of course not.
"The country" being? :rolleyes:

You too above morons should learn a bit of history (besides what Hannity teaches you).

The electoral college is an antiquated system started to appease slave states when the union was formed.....NO OTHER democracy/representative republic uses this method of denying the popular voters' majority.

We're the World's Number One economy and SuperPower. Maybe instead of trying to drag us down to Cuba, other countries should be more like us.

Why do Progressives reflexively try to drag us down?

Enoy showing your stupidity? What the majority wants is NOT always in the best interests of the country. Educated people realize that.

An easier way to make the Presidential elections more "democratic" (without changing the Constitution) would be for each state to allocate its electoral votes proportionately.

Nevertheless, has the 2016 election been held on the basis of popular vote, Trump would have won anyway. But Democrats are TOO STUPID to see this. They imagine that the primaries and election would have played out the same way.

Idiots.

Hillary had 4MM more votes in CA where 6 to 8 million Illegals and dead people voted for her

Why do the Democrats really want to abolish the Electoral College?

The far left extremist Democrat congressman Steve Cohen has introduced a bill that would eliminate the Electoral College.

The Democrats are once again
BIG FAT LIARS.

The Electoral College is there to protect the American Citizens from corrupt oligarchies like the Dirty Democratic Party.
The Democrats are trying to destroy the balance of our representative democracy out of their pure greed for power and money.
Unlike today’s Leftist the Writers of our constitution were brilliant.
The purpose of the Electoral College is to protect the small population states from being permanently shut-out of having equal representation.
Abolishing the Electoral college would give the greed corrupt Democrats permanent political power and screw-over millions of Americans.

Senior Democrat files a bill to abolish the electoral college | Daily Mail Online

He's going to be sorely disappointed when he learns about the existence of Article 2. Section 1 and the 12th Amendment to the Constitution.

Just sayin'.

Enoy showing your stupidity? What the majority wants is NOT always in the best interests of the country. Educated people realize that.
When you deflect you lose credibility. Why couldnt you answer my question? :rolleyes:

The far left extremist Democrat congressman Steve Cohen has introduced a bill that would eliminate the Electoral College.

BIG FAT LIARS.

The Electoral College is there to protect the American Citizens from corrupt oligarchies like the Dirty Democratic Party.
The Democrats are trying to destroy the balance of our representative democracy out of their pure greed for power and money.
The purpose of the Electoral College is to protect the small population states from being permanently shut-out of having equal representation.
Abolishing the Electoral college would give the greed corrupt Democrats permanent political power and screw-over millions of Americans.

Senior Democrat files a bill to abolish the electoral college | Daily Mail Online

You’d be singing a different tune if the electoral college decided to ignore the voters and not vote trump in .

The Democrats know that Metro Areas are turning states BLUE by overwhelmingly population, and a very Progressive Democrat URBAN mentality. Eventually any state with a big city or close to big cities will become BLUE, but they can't wait for that to happen. They want the POWER, and one party rule NOW, so want to change the system that has worked for over 200 years.

When you deflect you lose credibility. Why couldnt you answer my question? :rolleyes:

Learn to read jackass. Your question reeks of utter stupidity. What country? The United States you moron. The one Trump supports. You lose again. As for credibility, you have none. Commence whining.

An easier way to make the Presidential elections more "democratic" (without changing the Constitution) would be for each state to allocate its electoral votes proportionately.

Nevertheless, has the 2016 election been held on the basis of popular vote, Trump would have won anyway. But Democrats are TOO STUPID to see this. They imagine that the primaries and election would have played out the same way.

Idiots.

Hillary had 4MM more votes in CA where 6 to 8 million Illegals and dead people voted for her

....as Hussein told them to.....

The Democrats know that Metro Areas are turning states BLUE by overwhelmingly population, and a very Progressive Democrat URBAN mentality. Eventually any state with a big city or close to big cities will become BLUE, but they can't wait for that to happen. They want the POWER, and one party rule NOW, so want to change the system that has worked for over 200 years.

When you say turn BLUE, is that the same as being overrun by ILLEGALS...excuse me, asylum seekers?

Learn to read jackass. Your question reeks of utter stupidity. What country? The United States you moron. The one Trump supports. You lose again. As for credibility, you have none. Commence whining.
Funny you say learn to read. I didnt ask what country. I said the country being? Who makes up the country? :rolleyes:
Dont get angry. Just give a literate response to my question.

BIG FAT LIARS.

You’d be singing a different tune if the electoral college decided to ignore the voters and not vote trump in .

That would be like a President telling SCOTUS to go and try to enforce a ruling he disagreed with, right?

Forum List

Back