Democract Bloodbath: Lead Evaporates in Generic Ciongressional Ballot.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
These are not good times to be a Democrat. Not good times at all. :( After the Government shutdown Democrats enjoyed a 9 point lead in a generic Congressional ballot. That lead has now completely gone.

More disturbing, Independents now back the Republicans on the generic ballot by an 11 point margin. Also, those new polling changes are reflected across all age groups, including the young.

Dems...you trusted a debonair con-man. You got burnt real bad. This will set your party back a generation.

Here's the story.

Poll: Republicans Now Tied With Democrats In Battle For Congress - NationalJournal.com

Now that's something to celebrate

we can say Obama was good for something...bringing down his party..

way to go

Things switch back and forth like this quite frequently. The Reps took a hit with the shutdown. The Dems are taking a hit with Obamacare.

This is not surprising but I do not believe it will set the Dem party back a generation. That is a bit of an exaggeration.

disagree on this one. Gore lost because he was too wooden to win even with grave yard ballots and supervisors of elections like here in FL trying to devise ballots that would pad his count through mispunches. Clinton despise his politics if you will as I do was very effective politician.

Things switch back and forth like this quite frequently. The Reps took a hit with the shutdown. The Dems are taking a hit with Obamacare.

This is not surprising but I do not believe it will set the Dem party back a generation. That is a bit of an exaggeration.

You definitely could be right, although after Jimmy Carter, the Dems did not regain the White House for 12 years. They also lost control of Congress for much of that time.

Jimmy Carter was a good man who was just inept. He still did tremendous damage to the Democrat Party.

Obama is not a good man to say the least, who also happens to be inept. I think he does more damage than Carter, although that is only my speculation.

Dems...you trusted a debonair con-man. You got burnt real bad. This will set your party back a generation.
That should have happened at last year's election. But it didn't, despite the fact that Obama had already committed all the crimes you say will bring Democrats down at the next election.

What makes you think the next election will be any different from the last?

You definitely could be right, although after Jimmy Carter, the Dems did not regain the White House for 12 years. They also lost control of Congress for much of that time.

Jimmy Carter was a good man who was just inept. He still did tremendous damage to the Democrat Party.

Obama is not a good man to say the least, who also happens to be inept. I think he does more damage than Carter, although that is only my speculation.

The whole govt seems to be bottle necked over the ACA since it was passed.

That should have happened at last year's election. But it didn't, despite the fact that Obama had already committed all the crimes you say will bring Democrats down at the next election.

What makes you think the next election will be any different from the last?

Three things.

1. The main stream media has turned against him. They had no choice. There are too many pissed off Americans. This ACA debacle is too big to sweep under the rug.

2. The ACA is no longer hypothetical. It is real, and it could not suck more.

3. He lied. A massive, massive fucking lie. A lie like "I am not a Crook." A lie like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Obama's lie will be tattooed on his tombstone. It will hang around his neck for all eternity. It is a lie of such a scope it sinks a President and a Party.

The TPM has plenty of time to screw this up, and given past behavior they will do so spectacularly.

It really doesn't matter what Obama does.

Blacks, gays, minorities, women, the youth, white liberals and progressives, will still vote Democrat.

And the Republicans will still be searching for a viable candidate. . :cool:

[quote47702]. . . . Independents now back the Republicans on the generic ballot by an 11 point margin. Also, those new polling changes are reflected across all age groups, including the young. [/quote]

Good deal. As long as . . .

(1) we GOP don't shut down the govt

(2) we don't default on the debt

(3) we DO bring up the immigration bill

(4) the ACA DOESN'T improve dramatically by April

It really doesn't matter what Obama does.

Blacks, gays, minorities, women, the youth, white liberals and progressives, will still vote Democrat.

And the Republicans will still be searching for a viable candidate. . :cool:

The story was Congressional ballot, not Presidential. You also assume the American electorate never changes and is incapable of change. A faulty assumpation not based on the facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back