🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrats Already Blaming Putin for Midterm Election Losses

Criminy what planet are you on. The GOP is putting thugs in charge of counting votes. People who talk the big election lie and will do anything to get the orange scumbag elected. NOTHING wrong beside that, super dupe...
Unless you can support that, there's no good reason to believe it.

Okay, you started by blaming the supply chain issues on people who refused to wear masks and get vaccinated. You haven't supported your assertion, just claimed it. Now, however, you're ranting on about conspiracies, variants, Big Oil, and especially Putin. Gotta get him in there, he's the shiny new giblet you just added to your mantra. At any rate, please do return to sanity and support your claim that the supply chain issues are the fault of people who refused to wear masks and get vaccinated. I'd like to see it, or see you change the channel.
Everyone in the real world blame the same duh....So how is China's no vax policy going? Lockdowns are great!! Luckily, the unvaxxed are the ones dying....Putin has caused gas and food inflation, jackass. Our inflation is just like everyone else's...

Everyone in the real world blame the same duh....So how is China's no vax policy going? Lockdowns are great!! Luckily, the unvaxxed are the ones dying....Putin has caused gas and food inflation, jackass. Our inflation is just like everyone else's...
No, that's not it. I said support your assertion, not just spout off more inanities. You made the claim, back it up.

What a load of crap....personal income is not that, and we have this thing called regulation and oversight under Dems, not under bought off Pubs. Did you notice the corrupt GOP bubbles and busts wrecking the economy EVERY TIME? 1929, 1989, 2008? Or the stupidest wars ever?!! Change the gd channel.
There's nothing you can do about the 'rich' passing the tax increases on down to the poor and middle class you retard. They have been doing that for centuries. Come here franco my naive friend :itsok: Now go right ahead and try punishing the 'rich' see what that gets you.

So you think it's magic Biden policies, superdupe?
It is absolutely Biden policies.

Oil companies don't set prices. Pretty much the only step in the process where someone gets to set the price they want is the retail gas station but they don't get to set the cost of supply, only the pump price.

Years ago, I pulled off a highway for gas where there were 4 gas stations and I didn't pay much attention to the one I chose but I realized that it didn't have a big price sign like all of the others. When I got to the pump, I realized that they were charging $1.49 when all the others were at $1.24. A full .25 per gallon rip-off. When you see that, scaled to today's oil prices (and I haven't seen it at all in recent history) then you could claim price gouging but when the cost of RBOB is $3.80 as I type, plus delivery, plus the branding additives, plus markup for the retailer, today's prices are not price gouging.

Another thing people don't realize is that the super majors, like Shell, Exxon, etc., don't get to take their own crude at cost-of-supply, probably around $45 to $50 a barrel, and ship it to their refineries. Their refineries have to buy crude at market price. So upstream (getting gas out of the ground) prices are high due to lack of investment due to risk, and then downstream (refineries and delivery to the pump) supply costs are way high.

Refinery capacity is also maxed and refinery operators, like upstream and midstream (transportation and storage between production and refineries or other customers of crude) aren't investing due to risk.

So, what's the common element? Risk. What is the risk that is preventing investment? Fear caused by Biden's day-one shutdown of the Keystone Pipeline.

Many talking heads keep talking about us getting oil from the Keystone pipeline and that would reduce oil prices but that's not true at all. The intended purpose of the Keystone pipeline was to deliver Canadian Oil to the shipping terminals in Houston. It would have reduced the cost of supply for the over all market and would have increased available supply and would have reduced the price of oil, even in the US, but not directly by delivering oil for US refineries or consumption.

But what cancelling the pipeline did was cost investors, states, oil companies, employees, etc., a grand total exceeding 20 billion dollars. So, now when an oil company thinks of investing several billion dollars in increasing refining capacity, or transportation capacity, or drilling new wells, they have to remember that Biden promised to destroy the fossil fuel industry and that he begin keeping that promise in the very first hours of his presidency. They, justifiably, fear that Biden will shut them down mid-project, costing and wasting billions of dollars.

Neither shareholders nor boards-of-directors are going to allow any significant investment in fossil fuels. Oil companies have been major investors and technology leaders in things like solar for over 40 years just in my personal experience in the oil and solar industries. The oil companies were well established in solar when I worked my first solar projects in 1982.

I doubt there are plans to invest hugely in either right now because they just don't trust Biden. He's giving all the solar breaks to China and working to kill oil. The oil industry has long been risk adverse and I don't blame them.

It will take probably a decade or more for things to recover even if Trump or DeSantis win in 2024. The oil industry, as a whole, has learned what Afghanistan, Russia, Ukraine, and virtually the entire world has learned with the election of Biden - United States Government policies, international, economic, internal, or otherwise, can change on a whim because the Congress is not doing its job but has passed off so much to the executive branch and that changes every 4 to 8 years.

I just got my assessment fool, it went up over 20% vs last year. Nice how you Dems gift yourself a 20% increase while the price of gas and food has skyrocketed. What are you going to do with MY money??
My assessment went up similarly.

HIGHER TAXES ON THE RICH AND BIG OIL, not you, for the billionth time, brainwashed functional dimwit. That's what the GOP does duh....
The rich and big oil do not pay any taxes and will never pay any taxes. Taxes are part of the cost of doing business, of creating a product, and always go into the price of the product. If you want more inflation, raise taxes.

The rich and big oil do not pay any taxes and will never pay any taxes. Taxes are part of the cost of doing business, of creating a product, and always go into the price of the product. If you want more inflation, raise taxes.
Every other modern country manages it, and we are the richest of all. You are duped by swine. They used to pay taxes in the good old days DUH...

Is there even one squeak in the news about raping taxpayers when they are already suffering from sky high gas, food and inflation? Nope! Because all that money funnels right into the pockets of government workers and politicians, shocker.
BS WTF? Tax the rich and Big Oil nationally and we wouldn't have this crap in the states duh...

Criminy what planet are you on. The GOP is putting thugs in charge of counting votes. People who talk the big election lie and will do anything to get the orange scumbag elected. NOTHING wrong beside that, super dupe...
Please do share some links from the 2020 election where Democrats were removed from the observation rooms or videos of drop boxes where Republicans dropped ballots by the dozens or hundreds. Or links of the stories about the arrests of Republicans with boxes of ballots. Or stacks of unfolded mail-in ballots for Trump..

Liar. Japan inflation is 2.5%

They didn’t print up $2T and dump it into the economy like Biden did.

You Leftards said election fraud in 2020 was impossible.

And here we are 18 months later and you morons are whining about election fraud.

There's nothing you can do about the 'rich' passing the tax increases on down to the poor and middle class you retard. They have been doing that for centuries. Come here franco my naive friend :itsok: Now go right ahead and try punishing the 'rich' see what that gets you.
Every other modern country manages it and so did we, before Raygun and the brainwash. Just fair, not punishment, dupe.

Every other modern country manages it, and we are the richest of all. You are duped by swine. They used to pay taxes in the good old days DUH...
The oil companies have always paid taxes and have always passed it on to consumers but they don't do it directly through price hikes.

The oil companies pay taxes today, both state and federal. Upstream companies, including the upstream divisions of the integrated companies, calculate what is called cost of supply. They are good, solid, professional business and when they calculate cost of supply, they include everything that affects cost of supply. That's every operating cost of the company, including facilities and real estate, leases, royalties, taxes, HR overhead, payroll, IT, electricity, everything. Profit is the sale price minus the cost of supply. When the two get too close, they quit investing, they quit drilling, they hold on to cash. They turn off low-profit wells by the thousands, costing many families their own incomes - wells on their property but they can't get the oil out of the ground. And then supply drops. And prices go up. And consumers pay more than the value of the taxes. Taxes never benefit working people in America. Taxes only benefit the Government and recipients of government handouts and grants.

Bad shit happens when when the two get too close and, as none of you, Biden, the Secretary of Energy, and the Secretary of the Treasury, understand, the oil companies don't get to just raise prices. Instead, they lay people off, shut down wells, stop drilling, etc. The effects on the economy can be devastating to a lot of people - blue collar people, working people, people who get dirt, grease, oil, under their fingernails. People who didn't get to work from home during the Fauci Flu. But neither you nor anyone in the Biden administration care about the people you harm.

Forum List

Back