Democrats caused recession in 2007

Keep in mind, what I'm about to post is not for your benefit as you're too fucking insane to comprehend reality...

Democrats took charge of Congress in January, 2007. Bush's Great Recession began 11 months later, in December, 2011. The "meltdown" began in 2006 as states began recording record numbers of foreclosures; by early 2007 A few months after Democrats take control of Congress), some mortgage lenders were already filing for bankruptcy; by early 2008 (13 months after Democrats took control of the Congress), Bear Stearns failed. By summer, 2008 (18 months after Democrats took control of the Congress), IndyMac failed; two months later, the housing markets collapse and the credit markets lock up.

Imbeciles, who can't even blame a single bill from the 110th Congress, blame Democrats. :eusa_doh:

Actually It started in the Clinton administration....Andrew Cuomo and the gang put in requirements that banks lend to credit risk low income people (read minorities) or be branded racists.

he even states he knows there will be problems, but multiculturalism is MORE IMPORTANT!

Actually, it didn't.

Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) contribute to foreclosures and the financial crisis? And, is the CRA being reformed?

The Federal Reserve Board has found no connection between CRA and the subprime mortgage problems. In fact, the Board's analysis (102 KB PDF) found that nearly 60 percent of higher-priced loans went to middle- or higher-income borrowers or neighborhoods, which are not the focus of CRA activity. Additionally, about 20 percent of the higher-priced loans that were extended in low- or moderate-income areas, or to low- or moderate-income borrowers, were loans originated by lenders not covered by the CRA. Our analysis found that only six percent of all higher-priced loans were made by CRA-covered lenders to borrowers and neighborhoods targeted by the CRA. Further, our review of loan performance found that rates of serious mortgage delinquency are high in all neighborhood groups, not just in lower-income areas.​

Here's How The Community Reinvestment Act Led To The Housing Bubble's Lax Lending

Throughout the nineties banks, as banks lowered their mortgage standards, mortgage rates remained high

Of course it wasn’t the CRA that caused everything. The CRA was a factor in lowering lending standards. This was a necessary, although not sufficient, cause for the mortgage mess.

Pretty simple, don't force banks to loan to people who can't pay....then if they do shit, let em go down. It's that easy.

Sadly, your reading comprehension problems interfere with your ability to absorb. Read the report I posted again ... does it state "cause" or "contribute?"

We don't have time to read your crazy liberal manifestos.

As if you were capable of discerning the difference between "cause" and "contribute" anyway. :rolleyes:

LOLOL

The only possible way Democrats, who were in the minority party for most of those years, could have block the majority party Republicans; would have been to filibuster in the Senate.

Which means you can either cite the bill numbers to GSE reform bills Democrats filibustered -- or -- go down in flames with your bullshit.

I already know where this is heading. Let's see if you do too.....

What part of Democrats who controlled congress telling the country on video that there weren't any problems at Fannie and Freddie can't get through the 4 inches of your neanderthal skull? Its FACT on video suck on it.
I see. So you're sooo deranged, you think videos block bills???

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

No worries, gramps. I accept your surrender as you're clearly not capable of finding any bill filibustered by Democrats. :thup:

Your gay pal Barnie Frank, eat it.
You're beyond help if you think one House member of the minority party is capable of blocking bills the majority party want to pass.

How did you get to be this retarded to believe such nonsense? Paint chip diet as a kid?

I openly and proudly hate liberals, I hate their guts. If they got poison oak in the crotch I'd laugh that's how much I hate liberals, make a note for future reference.
So? Who do you think cares?

I'm still gonna show everyone just how rightarded you are anyway. Case in point, you can't cite a single bill Democrats blocked despite your idiotic claim that they did so. You can't cite one because there isn't one because the nonsense that Democrats blocked any GSE reform bills exists in your diseased brain, not in reality.

Actually It started in the Clinton administration....Andrew Cuomo and the gang put in requirements that banks lend to credit risk low income people (read minorities) or be branded racists.

he even states he knows there will be problems, but multiculturalism is MORE IMPORTANT!

Actually, it didn't.

Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) contribute to foreclosures and the financial crisis? And, is the CRA being reformed?

The Federal Reserve Board has found no connection between CRA and the subprime mortgage problems. In fact, the Board's analysis (102 KB PDF) found that nearly 60 percent of higher-priced loans went to middle- or higher-income borrowers or neighborhoods, which are not the focus of CRA activity. Additionally, about 20 percent of the higher-priced loans that were extended in low- or moderate-income areas, or to low- or moderate-income borrowers, were loans originated by lenders not covered by the CRA. Our analysis found that only six percent of all higher-priced loans were made by CRA-covered lenders to borrowers and neighborhoods targeted by the CRA. Further, our review of loan performance found that rates of serious mortgage delinquency are high in all neighborhood groups, not just in lower-income areas.​

Here's How The Community Reinvestment Act Led To The Housing Bubble's Lax Lending

Throughout the nineties banks, as banks lowered their mortgage standards, mortgage rates remained high

Of course it wasn’t the CRA that caused everything. The CRA was a factor in lowering lending standards. This was a necessary, although not sufficient, cause for the mortgage mess.

Pretty simple, don't force banks to loan to people who can't pay....then if they do shit, let em go down. It's that easy.

Sadly, your reading comprehension problems interfere with your ability to absorb. Read the report I posted again ... does it state "cause" or "contribute?"

As if you were capable of discerning the difference between "cause" and "contribute" anyway. :rolleyes:

well the title says let to.....so I'm saying it's a major factor....mainly because you were forced to lower your standards by the government...you know the ones looking out for us....bwahahahhaaha

Actually, it didn't.

well the title says let to.....so I'm saying it's a major factor....mainly because you were forced to lower your standards by the government...you know the ones looking out for us....bwahahahhaaha
Regardless, the CRA did not contribute to the collapse. Unlike the toxic subprime loans which did take down the credit markets, CRA loans were highly regulated. Zero percent contributed to defaulted commercial loans.

What part of Democrats who controlled congress telling the country on video that there weren't any problems at Fannie and Freddie can't get through the 4 inches of your neanderthal skull? Its FACT on video suck on it.

No worries, gramps. I accept your surrender as you're clearly not capable of finding any bill filibustered by Democrats. :thup:

You're beyond help if you think one House member of the minority party is capable of blocking bills the majority party want to pass.

How did you get to be this retarded to believe such nonsense? Paint chip diet as a kid?

I openly and proudly hate liberals, I hate their guts. If they got poison oak in the crotch I'd laugh that's how much I hate liberals, make a note for future reference.

I'm still gonna show everyone just how rightarded you are anyway. Case in point, you can't cite a single bill Democrats blocked despite your idiotic claim that they did so. You can't cite one because there isn't one because the nonsense that Democrats blocked any GSE reform bills exists in your diseased brain, not in reality.

LOL you are going to show everyone just how retarded you are, Barnie Frank is on video arguing against Bush that there were no problems at Fannie and Freddie then when they imploded Barnie Frank in a panic pointed the finger of blame at Wall Street. I'll say it slow for you since you seem to have an IQ of about 75, its on video on national tv. God its like talking to a fence post.

Actually, it didn't.

The left, being the thugs that they are threatened local banks into lowering lending standards under threat of government agencies making their lives miserable and being unable to open new branches. This is only a component of that giant mess, government is at the center of the shit storm but the people who borrowed like retards are also responsible.

LOL you are going to show everyone just how retarded you are, Barnie Frank is on video arguing against Bush that there were no problems at Fannie and Freddie then when they imploded Barnie Frank in a panic pointed the finger of blame at Wall Street. I'll say it slow for you since you seem to have an IQ of about 75, its on video on national tv. God its like talking to a fence post.
Again,the part you're too stupid to understand -- a single member of the House minority party cannot stop any bill the majority party wants to pass. What Frank says on video does not block bills. Votes do. And the House passed only one bill. I bet you don't even know what happened to that one bill. :lmao:

The left, being the thugs that they are threatened local banks into lowering lending standards under threat of government agencies making their lives miserable and being unable to open new branches. This is only a component of that giant mess, government is at the center of the shit storm but the people who borrowed like retards are also responsible.
And by far, the vast majority of those toxic loans were written .... are ya sitting down? .... before January, 2007, when Democrats took over the Congress. Can you guess which party was in control? You only get one guess......

Again,the part you're too stupid to understand -- a single member of the House minority party cannot stop any bill the majority party wants to pass. What Frank says on video does not block bills. Votes do. And the House passed only one bill. I bet you don't even know what happened to that one bill. :lmao:

God you are dumb, Democrats controlled congress during this time. Bush called on congress to tighten regulations on Fannie and Freddie 17 times 17 do you understand that number. Barney Frank House Financial Services Committee Chairman refused to do anything until 2008 when it was too late. With tighter lending standards at Fannie and Freddie there would be no secondary mortgage market to buy up these shit loans and presto there would be no shit loans written.

And by far, the vast majority of those toxic loans were written .... are ya sitting down? .... before January, 2007, when Democrats took over the Congress. Can you guess which party was in control? You only get one guess......

We know that, but the economy sucked before the crash, because Pelosi and Reid were being dicks

God you are dumb, Democrats controlled congress during this time. Bush called on congress to tighten regulations on Fannie and Freddie 17 times 17 do you understand that number. Barney Frank House Financial Services Committee Chairman refused to do anything until 2008 when it was too late. With tighter lending standards at Fannie and Freddie there would be no secondary mortgage market to buy up these shit loans and presto there would be no shit loans written.
Sorry, imbecile, the crisis began before 2008.

Even worse for you -- to demonstrate just how ignorant you are ... let me repeat your own words for everyone on the forum reading this to witness such incredible stupidity....

your words .... are ya ready ...?

"Barney Frank House Financial Services Committee Chairman refused to do anything until 2008 when it was too late."

... see that? According to a raving lunatic like you, Barney Frank did nothing until 2008 ... now let's put aside your chronic rightwing dementia and take a glance at reality....

On March 9th, 2007, just nine weeks after Democrats took over the Congress and Barney Frank became the House Financial Services Committee Chairman, he sponsored
H.R. 1427: Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 and got it passed in the House.

And you moronically said he did nothing. :lmao:

:dance:

We know that, but the economy sucked before the crash, because Pelosi and Reid were being dicks
I agree they were being dicks. So was Frank. But they did nothing to prevent the Republican-led Congress from passing much needed GSE reform. They were all in the minority party and did not block a single bill, despite their ignorant rhetoric. Republicans ran for election and won in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. They controlled the Congress during years, especially those critical years leading up to 2007 when Democrats took over. They get the blame. They can't control every bill that gets voted on for years and then blame the minority party when their policies fail.

I agree they were being dicks. So was Frank. But they did nothing to prevent the Republican-led Congress from passing much needed GSE reform. They were all in the minority party and did not block a single bill, despite their ignorant rhetoric. Republicans ran for election and won in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. They controlled the Congress during years, especially those critical years leading up to 2007 when Democrats took over. They get the blame. They can't control every bill that gets voted on for years and then blame the minority party when their policies fail.

Well the country was doing fine, the problem is they don't implement their policies, they add a few, but they never roll back liberal policies, it drives me mad, and I agree, that's why republicans are in rebellion.....

Well the country was doing fine, the problem is they don't implement their policies, they add a few, but they never roll back liberal policies, it drives me mad, and I agree, that's why republicans are in rebellion.....
Again.... :rolleyes: .... it wasn't Liberal policies. Republicans controlled the Congress for 12 fucking years (minus the 1½ Jeffords year). They get the blame. You can't be lucid and blame Democrats or Liberals. They weren't running the Congress.

Again.... :rolleyes: .... it wasn't Liberal policies. Republicans controlled the Congress for 12 fucking years (minus the 1½ Jeffords year). They get the blame. You can't be lucid and blame Democrats or Liberals. They weren't running the Congress.

I do blame the republicans....but I blame them for not shrinking government...they never roll anything back

Sorry, imbecile, the crisis began before 2008.

Even worse for you -- to demonstrate just how ignorant you are ... let me repeat your own words for everyone on the forum reading this to witness such incredible stupidity....

your words .... are ya ready ...?

"Barney Frank House Financial Services Committee Chairman refused to do anything until 2008 when it was too late."

... see that? According to a raving lunatic like you, Barney Frank did nothing until 2008 ... now let's put aside your chronic rightwing dementia and take a glance at reality....

On March 9th, 2007, just nine weeks after Democrats took over the Congress and Barney Frank became the House Financial Services Committee Chairman, he sponsored
H.R. 1427: Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 and got it passed in the House.

And you moronically said he did nothing. :lmao:

:dance:

What did I just tell you about posting manifestos, its a gift that I even acknowledge your existence let alone read these.

That made no sense in the context of anything I said.

To a liberal, being snarky is a "perfect example" of anything
In order to demonstrate that "printing money" devalues currency, you assume that printing money devalues currency......

It was an example of what it means to analyze a single variable. You're stupid as fuck. How do you not grasp that?

Skylar keeps thinking when I said "all else held equal," it meant there are no other variables. If you hacks had gone to college, you'd have had to have come across that concept before. It's basic to any analysis discussion.

Ceteris paribus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does assuming the value of the single variable "test" it?

That is Tautologicus paribus...

I went to perfectly good college, and spent more hours delving into macro econ over the past 6 months than you have in your entire 22 years on the planet.

OK, I'm done now with Skylar and you for this discussion. You are just too stupid. I've explained to you like three times the concept of ceteris paribus. I also provided a link to the description of it so you could read that. I said I was explaining that CONCEPT to the retarded Mr. Skylar.

How the two of you can't grasp that is beyond me. But I'm not wasting my time on this anymore. I'm not explaining this simple concept to you again

5 years of Latin.....Economics at undergraduate and graduate levels.....

What do you think you can tell me about ceteris paribus?
Wow...a real life basket weaver......

View attachment 83970 This is my favorite thing the Edonomist sometimes talks about.....it's impossible to find in liberal circles however....for it spells out the doom that is upon us.....
McDonald's Menu Prices
Item Price Meal
Burgers and Sandwiches

Big Mac $3.99
McDonald's® Menu Prices for 2016 | Secret Menus
You're a fucking idiot.......
Post #319.....

Yeah.....that's good........So this is your "favorite" illustration, but you don't realize that whoever produced the meme didn't know what the price of a Big Mac is.....

Even more amusing is that you have no idea what the "Big Mac Index" is about.........It is used to measure changes in Purchase Power Parity, between international currencies.....

In order to demonstrate that "printing money" devalues currency, you assume that printing money devalues currency......

It was an example of what it means to analyze a single variable. You're stupid as fuck. How do you not grasp that?

Skylar keeps thinking when I said "all else held equal," it meant there are no other variables. If you hacks had gone to college, you'd have had to have come across that concept before. It's basic to any analysis discussion.

Ceteris paribus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does assuming the value of the single variable "test" it?

That is Tautologicus paribus...

I went to perfectly good college, and spent more hours delving into macro econ over the past 6 months than you have in your entire 22 years on the planet.

OK, I'm done now with Skylar and you for this discussion. You are just too stupid. I've explained to you like three times the concept of ceteris paribus. I also provided a link to the description of it so you could read that. I said I was explaining that CONCEPT to the retarded Mr. Skylar.

How the two of you can't grasp that is beyond me. But I'm not wasting my time on this anymore. I'm not explaining this simple concept to you again

5 years of Latin.....Economics at undergraduate and graduate levels.....

What do you think you can tell me about ceteris paribus?
Wow...a real life basket weaver......

I bet you've never been paid to think......amirite?

Forum List

Back