Democrats Have Opposed Electoral College Last 3 Presidents...Now Oppose GOP Doing So

Democrats believe the President in this day and age of ease in informing oneself, that the popular vote is a better means of selecting and electing our President vs.the antiquated, and now rendered non purposeful, electoral college...

The president should be chosen by one man(woman) one vote, like all other elected figures....

So the left now opposes affirmative action. Who'd a thunk it?
Huh? What does affirmative action, have to do with us having the constitutional right, to pick who will govern us, our so called leaders and representatives?? :dunno:

Democrats believe the President in this day and age of ease in informing oneself, that the popular vote is a better means of selecting and electing our President vs.the antiquated, and now rendered non purposeful, electoral college...

The president should be chosen by one man(woman) one vote, like all other elected figures....

Is it in the Democratic platform or is this just your opinion?

I covered this in another thread (which wasn't about this subject). 2000 was warranted. 2004 was a minor blip and the assertion that 2016 was contested is just bullshit.

No, it isn't. You guys accused Bush of stealing Florida in 2000. You accused Bush of stealing Ohio in 2004. You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it. You accused the Republicans of stealing the 2018 gubernatorial race in Georgia.

Apparently, the only fair elections are the ones that the Democrats win and then you call for unity and everyone to come together after you spent the last few years massacring your opponents with every name in the book.

2000. Bush didn't steal anything. The SC decided to override the FL Supreme CT decision and not include those 537 votes, therefore giving the election to Bush. Democrats had every right to challenge that. No apologies coming for that one. Gore should have been President. But he stood up like a man in front of the Senate and despite the large number of people in his party walking out the door in protest, certified the election for Bush. End of story.

2004. Not really. There was one objection in one state over something that had nothing to do with fraud. The Senator who seconded the challenge has said she regrets bringing it. Either way, I remember it hardly being a story. I don't remember it taking up two months worth of press time with 60+ court cases, constant recounts, and threats of challenge on Electoral College vote day and the Congressional certification day. This one while yes technically being challenged...was a limp noodle.

2016. I'm sorry. Please link for me and point out the court challenges that went on from November 8, 2016 to January 6, 2017. I see court challenges before 11/8/2016, but none after. I also don't remember anyone (besides Jill Stein) requesting recounts in the three states that Trump won by less than 77,000 votes. I remember Clinton conceded the next morning and then went hiking.

The Russia investigation didn't begin until several months AFTER the inauguration of Trump. Brian Kemp (then SOS) DID steal the election from Stacey Abrams. But, as always with Republicans, revenge is a dish best served at the voting booth. And Abrams not only dodged the bullet of having to deal with covid (while Kemp has been a disaster), but also ran the ground game that flipped the state blue. If the two GA runoffs go blue, she's a political genius. :)

...except You continue to ignore the Founding Father's wisdom, which you Dems and snowflakes refuse to or are incapable of seeing.

1. Representative Governance is ensured by the Electoral process. Without it the majority of the nation can just sit out / not participate in elections and allow massive liberal population centers / cities to pick our presidents.

2. You rattle off all this '1 person, 1 vote' crap then seek to defend Massive Democrat election fraud consisting of hundreds of thousands of ineligible ballots / votes consisting of switched, duplicate, dead people, out of state voters etc that destroys the whole '1 person 1 vote' crap you just spewed...

The criminal hypocrisy & BS is mind-numbing...

What happens if the popular vote would win it and it was won by 1 vote, and that vote turned out to be a dead person. But you only discovered it a year into the new administration.

...except You continue to ignore the Founding Father's wisdom, which you Dems and snowflakes refuse to or are incapable of seeing.

1. Representative Governance is ensured by the Electoral process. Without it the majority of the nation can just sit out / not participate in elections and allow massive liberal population centers / cities to pick our presidents.

2. You rattle off all this '1 person, 1 vote' crap then seek to defend Massive Democrat election fraud consisting of hundreds of thousands of ineligible ballots / votes consisting of switched, duplicate, dead people, out of state voters etc that destroys the whole '1 person 1 vote' crap you just spewed...

Representative governance is DENIED with the electoral college in today's era. It was needed and even wise in their time of the newly formed nation in need of more states joining this new nation.

Now, there is no purpose for it. It only boils down to candidates only campaigning and focussing on a handful of purple, battleground states.... instead of the citizens in all states.

The candidates would developed new campaign strategies, in order to win the popular vote.... repubs would have to focus on getting some city folks and dems would have to learn to pay attention to those in suburban and rural and farm country....

- there was inflection fraud conspiracy, that would change the vote counts enough to overturn any of the battleground state, elections.

Representative governance is DENIED with the electoral college in today's era. It was needed and even wise in their time of the newly formed nation in need of more states joining this new nation.

Now, there is no purpose for it. It only boils down to candidates only campaigning and focussing on a handful of purple, battleground states.... instead of the citizens in all states.

The candidates would developed new campaign strategies, in order to win the popular vote.... repubs would have to focus on getting some city folks and dems would have to learn to pay attention to those in suburban and rural and farm country....

- there was inflection fraud conspiracy, that would change the vote counts enough to overturn any of the battleground state, elections.
Under your idiotic plan candidates would ignore 45 states and concentrate on LA County.

What happens if the popular vote would win it and it was won by 1 vote, and that vote turned out to be a dead person. But you only discovered it a year into the new administration.

Democrats would find a draw full of votes in their favor somewhere, somehow.Isn't that SOP for the PM/DSA Left?

You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it.
I don't think that's an accurate way of putting it. The Mueller investigation wasn't to overturn the election. It was to investigate Russian influence and interference and that included if any Americans were involved.

Trump brought it on by firing Comey.

~~~~~~
The position of Director of the FBI is assigned by the pleasure of the President. Comey's ethics were in question (rightly so) and his job was ended by the president....
Comey refused to take a loyalty oath, kiss the ring. But he wasn't the last not to meet the President's expectations of breaking the law to support the President.

I found Easy's article interesting. So there have been objections and questions of a hinky count by Dems in the past. But never to this extent, on this scale. Nowhere close. If this were a concern raised after the election, instead of one that has been in the front of Trump's mind the entire term of his presidency, you'd have a better position to argue from. But you know as well as I do that Trump has planned all along to blame the Dems with cheating if he lost. Problem is, he's got no actual evidence to prove it.

His Commission to study election security a few years ago ended the same way. Big Zero.

There has never been fraud like this before.

You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it.
I don't think that's an accurate way of putting it. The Mueller investigation wasn't to overturn the election. It was to investigate Russian influence and interference and that included if any Americans were involved.

Trump brought it on by firing Comey.

~~~~~~
The position of Director of the FBI is assigned by the pleasure of the President. Comey's ethics were in question (rightly so) and his job was ended by the president....
Comey refused to take a loyalty oath, kiss the ring. But he wasn't the last not to meet the President's expectations of breaking the law to support the President.

Factually false

Last edited:
I covered this in another thread (which wasn't about this subject). 2000 was warranted. 2004 was a minor blip and the assertion that 2016 was contested is just bullshit.

No, it isn't. You guys accused Bush of stealing Florida in 2000. You accused Bush of stealing Ohio in 2004. You accused Russia of stealing the 2016 election and blew millions of dollars in kangaroo court hearings to try and prove it. You accused the Republicans of stealing the 2018 gubernatorial race in Georgia.

Apparently, the only fair elections are the ones that the Democrats win and then you call for unity and everyone to come together after you spent the last few years massacring your opponents with every name in the book.

2000. Bush didn't steal anything. The SC decided to override the FL Supreme CT decision and not include those 537 votes, therefore giving the election to Bush. Democrats had every right to challenge that. No apologies coming for that one. Gore should have been President. But he stood up like a man in front of the Senate and despite the large number of people in his party walking out the door in protest, certified the election for Bush. End of story.

2004. Not really. There was one objection in one state over something that had nothing to do with fraud. The Senator who seconded the challenge has said she regrets bringing it. Either way, I remember it hardly being a story. I don't remember it taking up two months worth of press time with 60+ court cases, constant recounts, and threats of challenge on Electoral College vote day and the Congressional certification day. This one while yes technically being challenged...was a limp noodle.

2016. I'm sorry. Please link for me and point out the court challenges that went on from November 8, 2016 to January 6, 2017. I see court challenges before 11/8/2016, but none after. I also don't remember anyone (besides Jill Stein) requesting recounts in the three states that Trump won by less than 77,000 votes. I remember Clinton conceded the next morning and then went hiking.

The Russia investigation didn't begin until several months AFTER the inauguration of Trump. Brian Kemp (then SOS) DID steal the election from Stacey Abrams. But, as always with Republicans, revenge is a dish best served at the voting booth. And Abrams not only dodged the bullet of having to deal with covid (while Kemp has been a disaster), but also ran the ground game that flipped the state blue. If the two GA runoffs go blue, she's a political genius. :)

Extremist moonbat Alan Grayson was talking impeachment before Trump was even elected

Extremist moonbat Alan Grayson was talking impeachment before Trump was even elected

^Shrug^. So what? Did any of the Democratic party leadership say anything about impeachment?
Say, what did Nancy do about impeachment after the Mueller Report?...did she get a fruit basket as a Thank You for tamping her caucus down? :)

I remember a group of Republican politicians saying they were going to do everything in their power to make this black guy a one term President....simpler times.

^Shrug^. So what? Did any of the Democratic party leadership say anything about impeachment?
Say, what did Nancy do about impeachment after the Mueller Report?...did she get a fruit basket as a Thank You for tamping her caucus down? :)

I remember a group of Republican politicians saying they were going to do everything in their power to make this black guy a one term President....simpler times.
I remember a group of Republican politicians saying they were going to do everything in their power to make this black guy a one term Presid

Link us up to any quote saying they wanted to "make this black guy a one term President".

And are you really so stupid you think any opposing party has ever said about a President of the other party "Hey fellas, let's do every thing we can to make sure he is a two term President"? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Well when the demo did object , the repubs were quickly to point out and make fun of alleged election fraud as fake. Generally saying they were sore losers. Is that hypocrisy?

Hawley seems to not be saying that voter fraud caused Trump to lose but congress should investigate voter fraud and make laws to prevent it.

Which would be interesting to see. What laws he will like to see that the Gov should uses to regulate State run elections. last I looked each state runs its own elections. The election clause is interesting. I just wonder if repubs really want Congress to regulate their state run elections. Something a newbie knows nothing about. Yet Mitch does know better than to go down that road.

What I see is it makes a great argument when you lose but the reality is Congress as a whole probably does not want to change it. Sounds like repubs are ignoring the deep state thing that they have been harping about for the last 4 years.

Last edited:

Talks of impeachment went on throughout his entire presidency, including even after he was impeached by the House. Pelosi, herself, threatened to do it a second time. Stop pretending you don't know this.

I can't recall an opposition party working to get the incumbent reelected, can you? Pathetic attempt at the race card by the way. Us tan colored folks really love when you pasty white guys think our emotional intelligence is limited to racial platitudes. Really, we do. You should keep on doing that.

So that is part of the Democratic platform?
I said no such thing.

I simply explained the view of the Democrats who do support the popular vote over the electoral college, and why they support it.

I was against such a rule before this election..... now watching this scam and abuse by Trump going to legislatures to over turn the electoral college with their friendly alternative electors, before the election even took place, let alone afterwards, and his court cases and his abuse of his power to convince republican congressmen to interfere and discard the electors of the people, and that there were 8 fricking MILLION more votes for Biden than Trump .....and we are fighting about who won the fricking election for the USA all because of a cheater n chief and a handful of states and just a couple of thousands of votes making the decision for the 80 some million and more other Biden voters.....

I am not so certain changing to a popular vote may not be our only choice....

Last edited:
I found Easy's article interesting. So there have been objections and questions of a hinky count by Dems in the past. But never to this extent, on this scale. Nowhere close. If this were a concern raised after the election, instead of one that has been in the front of Trump's mind the entire term of his presidency, you'd have a better position to argue from. But you know as well as I do that Trump has planned all along to blame the Dems with cheating if he lost. Problem is, he's got no actual evidence to prove it.

His Commission to study election security a few years ago ended the same way. Big Zero.

There has never been fraud like this before.
Prove it.

Why don't you show me something from 2016 about this happening.
Gee Stupidus, you and Carefornone are truly stupid. ELEVEN times Dems tried to stop certifications in Congress in 2016 alone. Google is your friend.
I read the article, too. They did not have a single official objection. The congress never went to chambers to consider and vote on any EC votes. It was simply people who got up and said I Object! And Joe told them to sit down and shut up.

Forum List

Back