Democrats "in disarray", panicking over Obamacare

The gop's basic problem is that "to fix" the ACA they have a polling problem. The 50% plus that like it or think it doesn't go far enough are more likely to be > than 50K earners. The lower earners don't like it. In blue states, those folks might like it if it was cheaper, and NOTHING shows they want to go back to the gop's 'nothing' approach.

The Dems can easily run on "tax rich people more."

But, I still think the gop will take the senate in 14

Liberals always run on tax the rich. Then when idiots elect them, they end up taxing everyone and spending a shit ton of it on the rich. Then the base gets all fired up and blames the gop for the dem policies that threw them under the bus.

Rinse and repeat.

I fully encourage republicans to run on taking away peoples insurance in 2014

"Trust us, let us cancel your Obamacare policy and we will get you something better"

And this is the problem, although it will be more pronounced in 2016.

If the GOP is really going to try to repeal the ACA, they'd better have plan for insuring those people on Day One.

And here we see the ultimate goal of the Big Goverment pushers.

Once they manage to kick people off the insurance policies they had privately chosen, and forced them to accept expensive government-mandated policies instead....

....they then tell their opponents that the only allowable "solution" is to force people onto OTHER government-mandated policies, instead of going back to privately-chosen ones.

How this is a "solution" at all, and not simply a continuation of the problem Democrats created, remains unexplained.

:rolleyes:

Yes, that is exactly the problem. But that ship has sailed, the Democrats had control in 2009 and this is what they did with it.

It is what it is, and the only thing the GOP can do is deal with it. Had they run better candidates in 2008, the country wouldn't be in this position.

Can the GOP's message of "we're gonna take away stuff from you" work in an election? If so, how?

If you like your plan you can keep it?

It is Republicans campaigning on taking away peoples healthcare. If you lost your existing plan to Obamacare, you were offered a better plan

Republicans will cancel your plan and offer nothing

yeah, yeah. Obama actually did take away people's health insurance plan. After he lied and told them they could keep it.

But republicans want to take away the Obama Tax and therefore, people's health insurance.

Trollolol lol lol lol

Actually, Republicans want to cancel first and replace later

A lie we have heard before

Liberals always run on tax the rich. Then when idiots elect them, they end up taxing everyone and spending a shit ton of it on the rich. Then the base gets all fired up and blames the gop for the dem policies that threw them under the bus.

Rinse and repeat.

And Republicans run on We will cut your taxes

Rinse and repeat

If the GOP is really going to try to repeal the ACA, they'd better have plan for insuring those people on Day One.

Once they manage to kick people off the insurance policies they had privately chosen, and forced them to accept expensive government-mandated policies instead....

....they then tell their opponents that the only allowable "solution" is to force people onto OTHER government-mandated policies, instead of going back to privately-chosen ones.

How this is a "solution" at all, and not simply a continuation of the problem Democrats created, remains unexplained.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. But that ship has sailed, the Democrats had control in 2009 and this is what they did with it.

It is what it is, and the only thing the GOP can do is deal with it. Had they run better candidates in 2008, the country wouldn't be in this position.

Can the GOP's message of "we're gonna take away stuff from you" work in an election? If so, how?

Yeah, that's a good point. I don't see that being a winning strategy.

you don't present it that way.

You present it as "we are going to give you back your freedom"

A very good argument can be presented how it can work well for all...financially and socially.

"Trust us, let us cancel your Obamacare policy and we will get you something better"

It's a pig of a law, no doubt, but they had better understand the reality.

That is actually a good suggestion. Obama certainly didn't understand the reality.

ObamaCare is what's taking away peoples insurance! Republicans can run on giving it back!

Rinse and repeat.

And Republicans run on We will cut your taxes

Rinse and repeat

At least they are consistent and dont lie about it. Which is a Democrat MO.

It is Republicans campaigning on taking away peoples healthcare. If you lost your existing plan to Obamacare, you were offered a better plan

Republicans will cancel your plan and offer nothing

I don't feel offering me a more expensive plan with a $12,000 a year deductible is a better plan.

I had a good plan while Republicans were keeping their hands off insurance. I wish they'd go back and cancel the plans and offer nothing and let me buy what I want! And, if I don't want, to have no plan at all.

the gop's been lying about balancing the budget since 1980, and it gets harder and harder to vote for them.

Yep. And Democrats campaign on it and then spend even more too. So neither side has any moral high ground there. The only difference that I see is that the gop actually attempts to do what they say they will do, while democrats boldly and shamelessly lie about it. Thats the only difference i've seen in it at all.

It's a pig of a law, no doubt, but they had better understand the reality.

What is wrong with getting government out of the way and letting free people decide what they're going to have and not have? Has freedom become so unpopular in the nanny state that we can't make our own decisions?

the gop's been lying about balancing the budget since 1980, and it gets harder and harder to vote for them.

Yep. And Democrats campaign on it and then spend even more too. So neither side has any moral high ground there. The only difference that I see is that the gop actually attempts to do what they say they will do, while democrats boldly and shamelessly lie about it. Thats the only difference i've seen in it at all.

There is NO difference. Republicans actually campaign on budget cutting even more than Democrats do.

They are ALL lying. None of them have shown they have what it takes to live within our means.

Forum List

Back