Democrats "in disarray", panicking over Obamacare

That was the argument before Obamacare was passed.

The minute people got insurance paid for largely by someone else, the game changed.

When you take it away, how exactly will you convince those people to vote for you?

By pointing out that when they get "free" coverage, they get only what someone else wants to give them. If they are free, they can get what they want.

They always DID GET FREE HC. They got it by going to the ER, going bankrupt and shoving their costs onto MY insurance. Now if someone who chose not to buy insurance also chose to die horribly at home, then they'd be a libertarian.

Love the fallacy.

Hate the stupidity of the statements above.

Obamacare offered replacement policies with better coverage
Republicans are running on cancelling policies of people with pre-existing conditions

Run on that Republicans

First, who says the replacement policies have "better coverage"? If you'd said that Obamacare offer more expensive coverage with provisions that you don't need, you'd have been correct! Now, if we look at the nearly 16 million enrollees in the individual market in 2012, 725,710 individuals were enrolled in plans classified as limited-benefit plans, and slightly more than a million were in student health plans, which also typically have a limited benefit package. Thus, less than 11 percent of the individual market in 2012 had a plan that could reasonably be considered “substandard. Combine that with the fact that an average deductible for a bronze plan in the 34 states with a federally facilitated exchange is $5,095 a year for an individual, and the average catastrophic plan carries an individual deductible of $6,346. Moreover, 42 states will see significant average premium increases—in many cases, over 100 percent—for individuals purchasing from the exchanges. Therefore, enrollees may not see “better” insurance for their money.

So, to summarize, Obamacare cancels many insurance policies that individuals chose based on their wants, needs, or ability to afford, and it replaces those plans with what the government deems “better” insurance. And if you are being forced to buy coverage you don't want or need merely because some bureaucrat says you must, you're not a free person.

And this is the problem, although it will be more pronounced in 2016.

If the GOP is really going to try to repeal the ACA, they'd better have plan for insuring those people on Day One.

It's a pig of a law, no doubt, but they had better understand the reality.

What is wrong with getting government out of the way and letting free people decide what they're going to have and not have? Has freedom become so unpopular in the nanny state that we can't make our own decisions?

The minute people got insurance paid for largely by someone else, the game changed.

When you take it away, how exactly will you convince those people to vote for you?

Yup. The taxpayers are gonna be subsidizing a shit load of folks. Those folks will think the ACA is the greatest.

Its easy to get what you need when someone else in bankrolling you.

The ACA is a giant clusterfuck that never should have seen the light of day.

The GOP had better have something to replace it with because loads of Americans, the me, me, me cadre, will be very unhappy if they don't get someone elses money to pay for their healthcare or get healthcare that they can afford.

Yup. Barry and the Dems have done a great job with the ACA. To bad they didn't read the fucking thing before they passed it.

Oh wait. I forgot. If they didn't pass it they wouldn't have been part of the "historic moment" and Barry signature legislation. Never mine.

They were all fucking idiots.

Republicans are running on cancelling policies of people with pre-existing conditions

Run on that Republicans

First, who says the replacement policies have "better coverage"? If you'd said that Obamacare offer more expensive coverage with provisions that you don't need, you'd have been correct! Now, if we look at the nearly 16 million enrollees in the individual market in 2012, 725,710 individuals were enrolled in plans classified as limited-benefit plans, and slightly more than a million were in student health plans, which also typically have a limited benefit package. Thus, less than 11 percent of the individual market in 2012 had a plan that could reasonably be considered “substandard. Combine that with the fact that an average deductible for a bronze plan in the 34 states with a federally facilitated exchange is $5,095 a year for an individual, and the average catastrophic plan carries an individual deductible of $6,346. Moreover, 42 states will see significant average premium increases—in many cases, over 100 percent—for individuals purchasing from the exchanges. Therefore, enrollees may not see “better” insurance for their money.

So, to summarize, Obamacare cancels many insurance policies that individuals chose based on their wants, needs, or ability to afford, and it replaces those plans with what the government deems “better” insurance. And if you are being forced to buy coverage you don't want or need merely because some bureaucrat says you must, you're not a free person.

Compare old drug coverage to new. :thup:

People are losing their doctors, their medicines, their access to such things as pain management therapy, etc.

Run on that Republicans

Compare old drug coverage to new. :thup:

People are losing their doctors, their medicines, their access to such things as pain management therapy, etc.

I don't know of any that have coverage as good as what people lost because, even if the same illnesses are covered, the deductibles are astronomical. What has happened to middle class Americans is abominable.

What is wrong with getting government out of the way and letting free people decide what they're going to have and not have? Has freedom become so unpopular in the nanny state that we can't make our own decisions?

Yup. The taxpayers are gonna be subsidizing a shit load of folks. Those folks will think the ACA is the greatest.

Its easy to get what you need when someone else in bankrolling you.

The ACA is a giant clusterfuck that never should have seen the light of day.

The GOP had better have something to replace it with because loads of Americans, the me, me, me cadre, will be very unhappy if they don't get someone elses money to pay for their healthcare or get healthcare that they can afford.

Yup. Barry and the Dems have done a great job with the ACA. To bad they didn't read the fucking thing before they passed it.

Oh wait. I forgot. If they didn't pass it they wouldn't have been part of the "historic moment" and Barry signature legislation. Never mine.

They were all fucking idiots.

The sick, lame, and lazy were already covered under medicare, VA, or medicare. This was nothing but a 'hit' on middle class Americans and it did NOTHING to 'help' them. The people who had insurance calibrated to their needs lost it and those who had nothing can't afford it.

I fully encourage republicans to run on taking away peoples insurance in 2014

"Trust us, let us cancel your Obamacare policy and we will get you something better"

Sure....

Obamacare cancelled policies all over the place and you can see how well that worked.

The definition of insanity is........

Run on that Republicans

Oh...that's funny....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't stop laughing.

Please run on this platform. Tell everyone what Obama offered and then ask why he quit offering it (or said you had more time before he rams it up your rear end).

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

I fully encourage republicans to run on taking away peoples insurance in 2014

"Trust us, let us cancel your Obamacare policy and we will get you something better"

Sure....

Obamacare cancelled policies all over the place and you can see how well that worked.

Run on that Republicans

Better coverage?

How so?

By pointing out that when they get "free" coverage, they get only what someone else wants to give them. If they are free, they can get what they want.

They always DID GET FREE HC. They got it by going to the ER, going bankrupt and shoving their costs onto MY insurance. Now if someone who chose not to buy insurance also chose to die horribly at home, then they'd be a libertarian.

Funny, kinda sad, and spot on.

Sure....

Run on that Republicans

Oh...that's funny....

I can't stop laughing.

Please run on this platform. Tell everyone what Obama offered and then ask why he quit offering it (or said you had more time before he rams it up your rear end).

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

Republicans have cancelled our insurance......I don't know what we will do

Child-sick-in-hospital.jpg

Vote Democratic in 2014

Run on that Republicans

Oh...that's funny....

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

Vote Democratic in 2014

I'll always vote for an honest Democrat...guess I'm sticking with Republicans. Sam Rayburn is gone.

Run on that Republicans

Oh...that's funny....

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

Vote Democratic in 2014

You really ned to get out more, November is going to very ugly for you.
A VERY small percentage of people like this Law..it will be hilarious to watch screaming when the Repubs get the Senate back

Oh...that's funny....

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

Vote Democratic in 2014

A VERY small percentage of people like this Law..it will be hilarious to watch screaming when the Repubs get the Senate back

:eusa_shhh: Why ruin the surprise

Oh...that's funny....

I can't stop laughing.

My side hurts.

Thanks for the laugh.

Vote Democratic in 2014

Why mommy, why?

Why are Republicans taking away our insurance?

It will be a fun campaign as Republicans run on taking away healthcare from the sick

Vote Democratic in 2014

Why mommy, why?

It will be a fun campaign as Republicans run on taking away healthcare from the sick

(smile) Call your people and tell them to run a pro ACA campaign....go ahead.

Vote Democratic in 2014

Why mommy, why?

You mean like Gloria Cantor, Debra Fishericks and Edie Sundby? Sorry, it was Obamacare that took their health care.

I really doubt that obummercare can be repealed, but....if the GOP could take over the senate,tthey could bring forward some sensible changes maybe some from the shelved bills that the idiot reid was sitting on. If they are sensible changes and the people see they are, the community organizer would be exposed for who he really is if he vetoed a bill.

The GOP isn't the party of "no", they've just had their hands tied by the idiot reid in the senate. Good bills just never saw the light of the day with a vote.

Why mommy, why?

(smile) Call your people and tell them to run a pro ACA campaign....go ahead.

Democrats will trot out cancer families and self employed who can now qualify for affordable insurance

They will ask........Why are Republicans trying to take away my insurance?
Why are Republicans so mean? Why?

I really doubt that obummercare can be repealed, but....if the GOP could take over the senate,tthey could bring forward some sensible changes maybe some from the shelved bills that the idiot reid was sitting on. If they are sensible changes and the people see they are, the community organizer would be exposed for who he really is if he vetoed a bill.

The GOP isn't the party of "no", they've just had their hands tied by the idiot reid in the senate. Good bills just never saw the light of the day with a vote.

Why should the Senate vote on Republican bills?

It makes no sense

Forum List

Back