Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

By hook or by crook, there is NOTHING the Democrats won't try to steal power. The left is a totalitarian movement, as it always has been throughout world history.

If Arkansas cant install term limits on fed elections, what makes people think these states can limit fed elections over tax returns?

Apples to oranges

Actually, they're not so far apart. The reason Arkansas' term limits were overturned by the SCOTUS is because they held that states have no power to add new or additional requirements for federal offices--even their own members of Congress. If the people of that state don't want Congresspersons or Senators serving beyond a certain time, then they can choose to not re-elect those people. But the states cannot create any law mandating it. I think TNHarley is suggesting the same precedent ought to be applied here.

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

That dear friends is called fascism. .

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?
It's idiotic from the get-go. Will it really matter if VT, CA, NY etc. take Trump off the ballot, except to serve as fodder for the mockery of snowflakes?

If Arkansas cant install term limits on fed elections, what makes people think these states can limit fed elections over tax returns?

Apples to oranges
How so? Keeping people off ballots for too many terms vs tax returns? Maybe we should look at the ruling?
John paul Stevens said, and i quote, "if the qualifications set forth in the text of the constitution are to be changed, that text must be amended"
The constitution demands uniformity in the national legislature. Thats why it names qualifications.

Then why are they allowed to keep people off the ballot for not enough signatures? Where is that in the Constitution?
Thats only for indes and third larty to keep the ballots non frivolous.
Im not sure i agree with it though. never really thought about it. I believe a court ruled that was no more burdensome than political primaries.

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

As long as those rules do not violate Fed law...yes

Does this violate federal law? I really do not know.

No
It is a National Election

Interesting…. I always heard it’s the “general election”. Where do you get the term “national election” from?

It's idiotic from the get-go. Will it really matter if VT, CA, NY etc. take Trump off the ballot, except to serve as fodder for the mockery of snowflakes?

I think it’s a terrible precedent myself. What’s next? Stating that you have to be a resident of that state to be on the ballot?

However, for those who preach that States should have the right to regulate a woman’s right to choose, run their own education departments, decide who can use what form of ID to vote…it’s interesting how those people are such ardent supporters of a state deciding it’s own course….right up until they are not for a state deciding its own course.

o_O

No

Interesting…. I always heard it’s the “general election”. Where do you get the term “national election” from?

Because it is a national election, as in the nation is voting together for a single candidate.

It’s true. After losing to the Republicans in 2016 the Democrats have employed a torch and burn approach. In fact here in Colorado they have disenfranchised every voter in the entire state. There is absolutely no reason I can think of for anybody in Colorado every casting a vote for president again.

Gov. Jared Polis signed a law Friday that would allot the state's electoral college votes to whichever candidate won the national popular vote. The Washington Postpreviously reported the law's signing.

Releasing tax returns has been a tradition for decades. It gives the voters real insight into a candidate's financial world as to how he earns his money & where his investments are.

Trump refused after promising he would. Here you are defending that lie.

Since we can't trust Trump to do it, either he will have to or not be on the ballot.

Release them or not be on the ballot. Too bad for Littledick Donnie.

It’s true. After losing to the Republicans in 2016 the Democrats have employed a torch and burn approach. In fact here in Colorado they have disenfranchised every voter in the entire state. There is absolutely no reason I can think of for anybody in Colorado every casting a vote for president again.

Gov. Jared Polis signed a law Friday that would allot the state's electoral college votes to whichever candidate won the national popular vote. The Washington Postpreviously reported the law's signing.
Republican voters in California and Democrat voters in Alabama face the same thing.

The Electoral College favors smaller population states that tend be be Red.

Releasing tax returns has been a tradition for decades. It gives the voters real insight into a candidate's financial world as to how he earns his money & where his investments are.

Trump refused after promising he would. Here you are defending that lie.

Since we can't trust Trump to do it, either he will have to or not be on the ballot.

Release them or not be on the ballot. Too bad for Littledick Donnie.

And here is the real problem.
Change the rules to fit the agenda.
That is not America.
This is not an argument against making a new requirement to release tax returns, I might be for that. But you do not change the rules mid stream because you are looking for reasons to disqualify someone.

Republican voters in California and Democrat voters in Alabama face the same thing.

The Electoral College favors smaller population states that tend be be Red.

Yes, to a point it does, and that was by design. It was part of the compromise made to small states who feared they would fall under the rule of larger states by fiat. Without the electoral college, Presidential candidates won’t even bother to campaign at all in small populated states. Watch what happens in Colorado now that they have essentially killed their political influence in the presidential race. The candidates may stop to fuel up their jets.

o_O

No

Because it is a national election, as in the nation is voting together for a single candidate.

Ok

I question whether such a move would be constitutional. Yes, the states have the power to regulate elections, which includes ballot access. However, this does not accomplish any legitimate interest in regulating ballot access. This only establishes a political test, with the effect of secretly creating an additional qualification for an elected federal office. And the states have no power to institute new or additional qualifications for elected federal offices.

How are financial record requirements political?

No

It's a nationwide general election. In the election world, it's a federal election. Gubernatorial elections are state elections, but can also be federal if there is a Senate or congressional seat on the ballot as well. We view them that way because there are different rules for local, state and federal elections.

The reason CA is so screwed up is because the Democrat Party has no competition.
They've practically erased Republicans from the state.

There are 7 Republican house members from California.

There are Red states with just one or two Democrats.

Quit whining

Forum List

Back