Democrats Perception Of Saddam/iraq Before Gwb...so Will They Do The Same With Isis??

hm, you could write a book on the subject and be wrong.

The UN did not giv eus the right to enforce UN resolutions, which was exactly what Bush and Powell were trying to get with the later's testimony.

The senior neo-con leaders in Bush's administration cannot travel to western Europe.

They never will be without being arrested for war crimes.

Since Obama is using the same authorization to bomb Syria that was used by George Bush, I feel very certain that you will be calling for his arrest and prosecution for war crimes as well. Am I right?

The Obama administration instead pointed to the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force, which gives the president authority to act “against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons.” The administration has also cited the 2003 AUMF that authorized the president to go to war to “defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq,” then governed by Saddam Hussein.

The White House’s defenders argue that the 2001 AUMF gives Obama the authority he needs to fight ISIS because, while ISIS broke from al-Qaida in 2012, it is nonetheless composed of former al-Qaida members (at least in part), who have (or so it is argued by the administration) continuously conducted and sought to conduct attacks against the United States and its citizens and interests.

In fact that would be a great thread title, LOL....asking if libs will ask for O's arrest and prosecution. You should do if you have time. That would be a funny thread.

Think about it... 4 (now) beheadings and Obama get's his shorts in a wad... all the while he was super critical of Iraq liberation and termination of a known training ground for terrorists.
This study of captured documents show the direct connection between Saddam and Terrorists.
Institute for Defense Analyses
Joint Advanced Warfighting Program
IDA Paper P-428

Iraqi Perspectives Project
Saddam and Terrorism:
Emerging Insights from Captured Iraqi Documents.

On Page 45 the Conclusion
One question remains regarding Iraq's terrorism capability:
"Is there anything in the captured archives to indicate that Saddam had the will to use his terrorist capabilities directly against United States?
Judging from examples of Saddam's statements (Extract 34) before the 1991 Gulf war with the United States, the answer is yes.
http://fas.org/irp/eprint/iraqi/v1.pdf

The UN did not giv eus the right to enforce UN resolutions, which was exactly what Bush and Powell were trying to get with the later's testimony.

The senior neo-con leaders in Bush's administration cannot travel to western Europe.

Since Obama is using the same authorization to bomb Syria that was used by George Bush, I feel very certain that you will be calling for his arrest and prosecution for war crimes as well. Am I right?

The Obama administration instead pointed to the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force, which gives the president authority to act “against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons.” The administration has also cited the 2003 AUMF that authorized the president to go to war to “defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq,” then governed by Saddam Hussein.

The White House’s defenders argue that the 2001 AUMF gives Obama the authority he needs to fight ISIS because, while ISIS broke from al-Qaida in 2012, it is nonetheless composed of former al-Qaida members (at least in part), who have (or so it is argued by the administration) continuously conducted and sought to conduct attacks against the United States and its citizens and interests.

In fact that would be a great thread title, LOL....asking if libs will ask for O's arrest and prosecution. You should do if you have time. That would be a funny thread.

Think about it... 4 (now) beheadings and Obama get's his shorts in a wad... all the while he was super critical of Iraq liberation and termination of a known training ground for terrorists.
This study of captured documents show the direct connection between Saddam and Terrorists.
IDA Paper P-428

Saddam and Terrorism:

"Is there anything in the captured archives to indicate that Saddam had the will to use his terrorist capabilities directly against United States?
Judging from examples of Saddam's statements (Extract 34) before the 1991 Gulf war with the United States, the answer is yes.

Healthmyths, one thing I've learned about most libs, at least vocal ones, is evidence and facts mean nothing to them. I used to spend a lot of time coming up with links and documents for them over the years and they truly don't want to know the truth.

Your links ARE good for the independent thinkers, though. :)

IDA Paper P-428

Saddam and Terrorism:

Healthmyths, one thing I've learned about most libs, at least vocal ones, is evidence and facts mean nothing to them. I used to spend a lot of time coming up with links and documents for them over the years and they truly don't want to know the truth.

Your links ARE good for the independent thinkers, though. :)

Yeah, "independent thinkers"...

foxnews_large.gif

So you conclude that Bush et al were every bit as wrong as the Clintonites.

The harm wrecked on the ME by us was worse than by the Arabs on themselves.

The US launched an illegal war without UN approval of its reasons or its goals.

Bush et al all are war criminals, and those who support them are we now know that WMDs as described by the bushies did not exist are conspiring to hide war crimes.

NO they weren't wrong in saving 1.2 million children from starving which Clinton with 8 years and Bush with less then 1 year of experience in dealing with Saddam would have experienced if they had listened to such wise and prescient people like you!

There would be 28 million people still living in fear of a "..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998..
There was a lot more to the Liberation of Iraq then JUST WMDs...
WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :
"It turns out Saddam Hussein did possess a weapon of mass destruction and he used it in a slaughter that few have heard of until now: after the Gulf War in 1991, the dictator spent untold millions on this weapon, designed to exterminate an ancient civilization called the "Ma'dan," also known as the "Marsh Arabs."
In a five-year project 90 percent of the marshes were drained - an area of more than 3,000 square miles.
"... the marsh dwellers were important elements in the uprising against Saddam Hussein’s regime. To end the rebellion, the regime implemented an intensive system of drainage and water diversion structures that desiccated over 90% of the marshes. The reed beds were also burned and poison introduced to the waters.
It is estimated that more than 500,000 were displaced, 95,000 of them to Iran, 300,000 internally displaced, and the remainder to other countries. By January 2003, the majority of the marshes were wastelands.
"As an engineer, I'm telling you, drying of the marshes is definitely not an easy task. It's a monumental engineering project," Alwash explained. "He put every piece of equipment available in Iraq under his control at the services of the projects needed to dry the marshes."
"Saddam was using water as a weapon?" Pelley asked.
"You know, the world was looking for weapons of mass destruction. And the evidence was right under its nose," Alwash.
Resurrecting Eden - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

The WMDs described here are not those described by bush and are not in the league of those described by Bush. Bush said he would not have invaded if he had been aware that he was wrong aobut WMDs.

In other words, you don't get to change the rules of the game.

And the damage wreaked in the ME since March 2003 because of our illegal invasion far outweighted the horrors of Saddam Hussein.

The far remains you are condemned before Goad and mortal law for supporting a war criminal and war crimes.

Here, I'll repeat my earlier questions none of you libs answered in Post 88:

"As for the WMD, we've already resolved this in other threads.

Is sarin gas WMD or not?

One more time, is the sarin gas in Syria WMD or not? You know....the stuff Obama drew the red line for.

So one more time, is sarin gas WMD?

Don't answer, your brain isn't big enough.
But most people know it is.

As for nuke WMD, Bush only ever said it wasn't found in Iraq.

Show me where he said otherwise. And no, your libtard interpretation of what Bush said doesn't count. I want you to show me where he said an exhaustive search outside of Iraq was done.

You can't because he didn't.
"

If you can't answer these simple questions, you surely won't follow the yellowcake discussion.

I'll keep waiting for one of you libs to answer.

But I expect to keep hearing crickets.......

Your pitiful whiing does not count, because you don't set the goals.

Bush et al were quite clear whey we wet to war.

We did not find what they said we would find.

End of story.

The next story is that you are publicly supporting war cries.

Bush et al all are war criminals, and those who support them are we now know that WMDs as described by the bushies did not exist are conspiring to hide war crimes.

NO they weren't wrong in saving 1.2 million children from starving which Clinton with 8 years and Bush with less then 1 year of experience in dealing with Saddam would have experienced if they had listened to such wise and prescient people like you!

There would be 28 million people still living in fear of a "..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998..
WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :
"It turns out Saddam Hussein did possess a weapon of mass destruction and he used it in a slaughter that few have heard of until now: after the Gulf War in 1991, the dictator spent untold millions on this weapon, designed to exterminate an ancient civilization called the "Ma'dan," also known as the "Marsh Arabs."
In a five-year project 90 percent of the marshes were drained - an area of more than 3,000 square miles.
"... the marsh dwellers were important elements in the uprising against Saddam Hussein’s regime. To end the rebellion, the regime implemented an intensive system of drainage and water diversion structures that desiccated over 90% of the marshes. The reed beds were also burned and poison introduced to the waters.
It is estimated that more than 500,000 were displaced, 95,000 of them to Iran, 300,000 internally displaced, and the remainder to other countries. By January 2003, the majority of the marshes were wastelands.
"As an engineer, I'm telling you, drying of the marshes is definitely not an easy task. It's a monumental engineering project," Alwash explained. "He put every piece of equipment available in Iraq under his control at the services of the projects needed to dry the marshes."
"You know, the world was looking for weapons of mass destruction. And the evidence was right under its nose," Alwash.

The WMDs described here are not those described by bush and are not in the league of those described by Bush. Bush said he would not have invaded if he had been aware that he was wrong aobut WMDs.

And the damage wreaked in the ME since March 2003 because of our illegal invasion far outweighted the horrors of Saddam Hussein.

The far remains you are condemned before Goad and mortal law for supporting a war criminal and war crimes.

19 words in the last sentence and you can't spell the 3 letter word "God" right!
See this is why people have a hard time believing people like you... sloppiness!
It is this attention to detail that really destroy your credibility.

Now as far as "outweighed" NOT "OUTWEIGHTED" another sloppy error...
The biggest reason ISIS exists is because there WERE no US troops left in Iraq.
Why tell me with your very limited knowledge of history are there US troops STILL in the Europe and Eastern countries?
So why did Obama fail to negotiate the Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq but gave up?
I mean this is the Messiah! He can in his own words describing his nomination..
"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."-- Barack Obama
so why is the world in such turmoil after he became President?
One reason is NO one believes him!
After all this is the same guy who piously created the 'My Brother's Keeper' program WITH others money while his OWN brother lives in a $12/year hut!
Obama-brother-Hut.jpg

Obama at the UN...
"Nor do we intend to send U.S. troops to occupy foreign lands."

Instead, the United States will use its "military might in a campaign of airstrikes" against ISIS, help train and equip forces fighting them on the ground, work to cut off their financing and stop the flow of foreign fighters, he said.
Official New airstrikes under way in Syria - CNN.com

WHY is there a problem in sending troops? Why doesn't he be honest and say he doesn't want any troops to be killed.
It's all ok for him to destroy other countries property... but boy where does he get off saying the US won't occupy foreign lands when our airplanes are destroying Syria's oil fields!

WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :

You must have missed my question. Since Obama used the EXACT same congressional authorization to bomb Syria, as well as Iraq, Yemen and Libya, is he just as much a war criminal as you claim George Bush to be?

WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :

19 words in the last sentence and you can't spell the 3 letter word "God" right!
See this is why people have a hard time believing people like you... sloppiness!

Why tell me with your very limited knowledge of history are there US troops STILL in the Europe and Eastern countries?
So why did Obama fail to negotiate the Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq but gave up?
"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."-- Barack Obama
After all this is the same guy who piously created the 'My Brother's Keeper' program WITH others money while his OWN brother lives in a $12/year hut!
View attachment 32268

I am not concerned about proofing my spelling for the likes of you.

Outweighted means force of weight, not the act of weighing.

Forces in Europe have nothing to do with this discussion.

Al Maliki wanted our forces tried by Iraqi courts and if agreed you would have jumped on him.

No one believes you! The neo-con Bushies eventually, with their allies, will be tried for war crimes.

Keep writing, bub.

WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :

You must have missed my question. Since Obama used the EXACT same congressional authorization to bomb Syria, as well as Iraq, Yemen and Libya, is he just as much a war criminal as you claim George Bush to be?

Actually although you can argue that all day, you can't prove it.

And I know you agree that the situation after 2008 had changed drastically because of neo-con war crimes destabliized the Middle East and has endangered us far worse than in March 2003.

Did you support Kosovo and Haiti and Iraq?
If you had read my earlier pst you would know that I supported Bush #1 and his position on regime change. Why don't you answer the question? You got time on your hands...it's not like you have to go to work or anything.

WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :

View attachment 32268

I am not concerned about proofing my spelling for the likes of you.

Outweighted means force of weight, not the act of weighing.

Forces in Europe have nothing to do with this discussion.

Al Maliki wanted our forces tried by Iraqi courts and if agreed you would have jumped on him.

No one believes you! The neo-con Bushies eventually, with their allies, will be tried for war crimes.

Keep writing, bub.

My third try. Since Obama used the EXACT same congressional authorization to bomb Syria, as well as Iraq, Yemen and Libya, is he just as much a war criminal as you claim George Bush to be?

WMDs Found!
Scott Pelley CBS News. :

Actually although you can argue that all day, you can't prove it.

And I know you agree that the situation after 2008 had changed drastically because of neo-con war crimes destabliized the Middle East and has endangered us far worse than in March 2003.

Here are some arguments for you. You might pay attention to the last one, since you would be arguing with me and President Obama and you would lose.

In a statement, the senior Administration official explained how the White House applies the 2001 law to ISIS:

The 2001 AUMF authorizes the use of “all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons” responsible for 9/11 and those who “harbored such organizations or persons.” The Administration has interpreted the 2001 AUMF to authorize the use of force against AQ, the Taliban, and associated forces.
White House Iraq War Vote Obama Opposed Could Authorize ISIS Strikes

Obama’s using the law that authorized attacks against al Qaeda to justify his new fight in Syria and Iraq. One small problem: ISIS and al Qaeda are at each others’ throats. Legal experts were shocked to learn Wednesday that the Obama administration wants to rely on that 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force against al Qaeda for the new ISIS war.
Obama s New War on ISIS May Be Illegal - The Daily Beast

The president has argued since his address to the nation Sept. 10 that he has the constitutional and legal authority to wage war without seeking approval from Congress, based on the post-9/11 Authorization for the Use of Military Force, crafted by Congress with al-Qaeda in mind. Although Obama last year called for the overhaul or elimination of the AUMF, it remains in place and the administration says the commander-in-chief is relying on it.
more:Obama Hails Mideast Allies as Strikes in Syria Begin RealClearPolitics

I have a new question. Should Obama face prosecution for war crimes at the same time as Bush?

Did you support Kosovo and Haiti and Iraq?
If you had read my earlier pst you would know that I supported Bush #1 and his position on regime change. Why don't you answer the question? You got time on your hands...it's not like you have to go to work or anything.

You are right! I love being retired exactly where and when I wanted with the funds and properties for which I planned, executed the activities to reach the goals, and now am reaping the fruits.

Unlike so many in South, libs and mods and cons, blacks and whites, men and women, I know what work and restraint mean, and what are their results.

If you believe the Balkans, Iraq I, and and Iraq II then I won't try to dissuade you because you are not obviously a critical thinker.

"I have a new question. Should Obama face prosecution for war crimes at the same time as Bush?" The second BHO took office he should have turned Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and Wolfowitz over to The Hague. BHO, because of the results of their criminality, must act in our best interests to constitutionally serve and protect the country. Bush the Younger and his gang of thugs did nothing of the sort.

"I have a new question. Should Obama face prosecution for war crimes at the same time as Bush?" The second BHO took office he should have turned Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and Wolfowitz over to The Hague. BHO, because of the results of their criminality, must act in our best interests to constitutionally serve and protect the country. Bush the Younger and his gang of thugs did nothing of the sort.

Did nixon turn lbj over to the hague?

Forum List

Back