Democrats Plan On Nation's School Buses Wasteful!

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.

Why not just get rid of school buses entirely and just use E-Learning like we did during the pandemic?

Reduces traffic overall, its a lot more earth-friendly. In addition, schools would have the opportunity to hire teachers from India who could stay in India- providing more competition for Teacher's Unions.
Everyone knows E-Learning sucks for educating our children.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?

You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved
No it hasn't show me one landfill that takes the used up batteries, knowingly.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?

Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.

Technology has evolved
Yes, it has.

And it's getting better all the time.

Technology has evolved
Yes, it has.

Name a landfill an article that says they will isn't correct. Those batteries have acid in them, no landfill will touch them knowingly. You loons are creating a bigger pollutant than gasoline. Like I said, you people are idiots and Biden has proved it.

Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.
Who says we don't have the electricity?

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?

Technology has evolved
Yes, it has.

Name a landfill an article that says they will isn't correct. Those batteries have acid in them, no landfill will touch them knowingly. You loons are creating a bigger pollutant than gasoline. Like I said, you people are idiots and Biden has proved it.
You aren't looking hard enough. Why you gotta dump? Try recycling.

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.

Why not just get rid of school buses entirely and just use E-Learning like we did during the pandemic?

Reduces traffic overall, its a lot more earth-friendly. In addition, schools would have the opportunity to hire teachers from India who could stay in India- providing more competition for Teacher's Unions.

Because parents would need to stay home with them, keeping more people on the government teet. And lack of socialization with peers would just create more socially inept sociopaths as adults.

Do you realize the only rapid charging station I have seen is in a Walmart parking lot 160 miles from my house? There are 4 slots for about 500 cars in the parking lot. I have never seen one in actual use.

Also, define rapid. These buses here locally are on the road almost continuously from 6 am until 4 pm, with a few making runs into the night up until midnight.

Last edited:

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?

They are building coal-powered generating stations like they are going out of style. Do you like running your bus on coal?

What happens on a rainy day, and when there is a 100% more vehicles to charge. Like biden wants in 10 years or less?

Oh and the president of Tesla says we don't.

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years.
You do not get it but do not let this trouble you, few get it.

The world is running out of fossil fuels

The world is in no danger of running out of fossil fuels any time soon.

Technology has evolved
Yes, it has.

You aren't looking hard enough. Why you gotta dump? Try recycling.

Go ahead, if you mess up and do it wrong. You get an explosion of acid. You want that job? Quit watching CNN and think for yourself for once. Electric vehicles are worse than gas powered right now on pollution.

They are building coal-powered generating stations like they are going out of style. Do you like running your bus on coal?
They just don't understand anything, unless Pelosi tells them.

Forum List

Back