Democrats Plan On Nation's School Buses Wasteful!

We keep finding more and more so-called fossil fuels.
Right now China is building in excess of 125,000 megawatts of coal-fired power plants.

Update:
Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years then the well runs dry..

96.56X365=35,244 BARRELS OF OIL CONSUMED IN 2016
Oil consumption in barrels per day 2019 | Statista

New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
https://tinyurl.com/yc88h7h2

Climate Change will not bring about our end~~ but this will; within your grandchild’s life time

The climate has been changing since day one & it will continue to change, with or without us!!!

Today’s real issue is ENERGY, so let’s get together and fix this while we still can

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?
Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
Analysis & Projections - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
Oil reserves - Wikipedia

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

That was eleven (12)years ago, we are not changing our habits and this spells doom for us all.

At that rate Libya will exhaust all its reserves within 63 years
Existing oil fields undergoing a 7–8% decline rate

China is joining France and Britain in announcing plans to end sales of gasoline and diesel cars.

China's industry ministry is developing a timetable to end production and sale of traditional fuel cars and will promote development of electric technology,
state media on Sunday cited a Cabinet official as saying.

France and Britain announced in July they will stop sales of gasoline and diesel automobiles by 2040 as part of efforts to reduce pollution and carbon emissions that contribute to global warming.

Communist leaders also want to curb China's growing appetite for imported oil and see electric cars as a promising industry in which their country can take an early lead.

China passed the United States last year as the biggest electric car market. Sales of electrics and gasoline-electric hybrids rose 50 percent over 2015 to 336,000 vehicles, or 40 percent of global demand. U.S. sales totaled 159,620.
https://tinyurl.com/ycsg6xb6

the truth will set us free
:)-

Last edited:
And I wonder how many people who push for windmills as an alternative source for electricity realize that your average windmill takes at least 40 gallons of oil to operate, and that that oil must be changed periodically. So if you have a cluster of 10 wind turbines, they need 400 gallons of oil to operate, and that oil must be changed periodically.

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Renewables have not evolved nearly enough to make them a viable alternative to traditional energy sources. Not even close. And it is reckless and dangerous to pretend that they have. I'll bet a boatload of money that school districts in areas with months of cold weather end up ditching their electric school buses or not changing them to begin with (if they're given the choice).

Why not the much smarter and more viable--and cheaper--alternative of converting school buses to natural gas? This would cut their emissions in half. Nah, not good enough, right?

And I wonder how many people who push for windmills as an alternative source for electricity realize that your average windmill takes at least 40 gallons of oil to operate, and that that oil must be changed periodically. So if you have a cluster of 10 wind turbines, they need 400 gallons of oil to operate, and that oil must be changed periodically.
So?

You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Renewables have not evolved nearly enough to make them a viable alternative to traditional energy sources. Not even close. And it is reckless and dangerous to pretend that they have. I'll bet a boatload of money that school districts in areas with months of cold weather end up ditching their electric school buses or not changing them to begin with (if they're given the choice).

Why not the much smarter and more viable--and cheaper--alternative of converting school buses to natural gas? This would cut their emissions in half. Nah, not good enough, right?
Well then, let’s just get to 10 percent of our energy from renewables
Then 20, then 40, then 50.....

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.
Wonder what Biden relative bought stock in a electric school bus company

Technology has evolved

Imagine a school district with three hundred school buses needing to be recharged overnight.
No problem right?
You would need a charging station the size of a fucking Costco in the bus parking lot.
That's a shitload of extension cords.
You think waiting in line at a gas station causes road rage?
Try driving up to a charging station with a line of fifty cars ahead all waiting for their turn to put enough juice into the battery to make it home.
"WARNING! At your current rate of travel you only have five miles left before the battery dies. In order to make it to the GPS location of your home you must reduce your speed to seven miles an hour".
"Hi honey. The woman's voice on the computer tells me I'll be home at midnight".

How to we transition to Electric vehicles?
One step at a time

First came the Tree Huggers
Then major fleet buyers.......USPS, public transport, school busses
Then gear heads who want the thrill of monster acceleration, sports cars and motorcycles
Then trucks

Before you know it, EVs are a major piece of the market

Electric vehicles have made enough of a footing and school bus manufacturers themselves are engaged in introducing electric motor technology. Biden isn't doing the pro-electric folks any favors by politicizing the issue.

Technology has evolved

Imagine a school district with three hundred school buses needing to be recharged overnight.
No problem right?
You would need a charging station the size of a fucking Costco in the bus parking lot.
That's a shitload of extension cords.
You think waiting in line at a gas station causes road rage?
Try driving up to a charging station with a line of fifty cars ahead all waiting for their turn to put enough juice into the battery to make it home.
"WARNING! At your current rate of travel you only have five miles left before the battery dies. In order to make it to the GPS location of your home you must reduce your speed to seven miles an hour".
"Hi honey. The woman's voice on the computer tells me I'll be home at midnight".
The buses need to park anyway. You just need charging stations at each parking space. How about buses lining up now to fill their tanks at the end of the day? Same traffic jam

EVs suit DEMs perfectly.
You depend on an EV to get you around? Basically you will end up planning when and where and how fast you will travel.
NO deciding to take the scenic route back home. No freedom to decide you want to drop by your mistress's apartment for a quickie.
Driving an EV is like having a fucking extension cord plugged into your ass everywhere you go.

EVs suit DEMs perfectly.
You depend on an EV to get you around? Basically you will end up planning when and where and how fast you will travel.
NO deciding to take the scenic route back home. No freedom to decide you want to drop by your mistress's apartment for a quickie.
Driving an EV is like having a fucking extension cord plugged into your ass everywhere you go.
You will get almost 300 mile range. Not many drive more than that a day. When you get home, plug it in and you are good to go the next morning

Why not just encourage high school kids to drive to school to save the money on school buses? That's what my nephews and nieces do and did.

Why waste taxpayer money at all?

Kids without the ambition to get their own cars can bum rides, walk, take public transit or hitchhike.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?
Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.
Who says we don't have the electricity?

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?
How does it effect us how many charging stations china has?

EVs suit DEMs perfectly.
You will get almost 300 mile range. Not many drive more than that a day. When you get home, plug it in and you are good to go the next morning
300 million cars plugged in at night? What could go wrong...

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?

Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?
China is beating us. What happened to American Exceptionalism? This IS the technology of the future. You want the US to fall behind the rest of the industrialized world? Why?

China has people who have never left the home they were born in! Why do they need vehicles? Oh, that's right! The CCP has to travel to spread their ideology.

Forum List

Back