Democrats react to PBA endorsement of Trump

Trump and the Republicans are all about Union busting (except for the police union). I don’t see much union support coming their way when Biden is vowing to strengthen unions and worker’s rights.
The only “workers” Biden wants to strengthen are Chinese ones. He spent his whole career shipping jobs to China and bending America over to get raped by China trade policies.
That is incorrect. What specific actions of his “shipped jobs to China”? That was a free market decision. You guys are all about that right?

Beijing Biden’s trade record:

No to tariffs; just enforce the law

Q: Would you call for tariffs to protect American consumers from unsafe products from China? Are you willing to go there?
A: I'm not. No, I'm not willing to go there. You don't need to start a tariff war. All you have to do is enforce the law. Enforce the law.

• 1993: voted in favor of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
  • 1998: voted in favor of Fast-Track Trade Authority.
  • 2000: voted to approve Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China.

Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China.

Vote to give permanent Normal Trade Relations [NTR] status to China. Currently, NTR status for China is debated and voted on annually.
Reference: Bill HR.4444 ; vote number 2000-251 on Sep 19, 2000

Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world.
Vote to expand trade with more than 70 countries in Africa, Central America and the Caribbean. The countries would be required to meet certain eligibility requirements in protecting freedoms of expression and association.
Reference: Bill HR.434 ; vote number 2000-98 on May 11, 2000
Yes, many Republicans voted for those items also.

Trump and the Republicans are all about Union busting (except for the police union). I don’t see much union support coming their way when Biden is vowing to strengthen unions and worker’s rights.
Again with this nonsense...What does his record reflect
Who’s? Biden or Trump?

Unlike Congress ... Trump doesn’t have a voting record to go to, but Biden’s does, and it is lengthy. His record IS mixed, like a lot of his record, which could problematic for union support EXCEPT his opponent is Trump who’s record is worse and unions are more likely to look at more recent actions In making their determinations.

Biden

Trump:

So far, it seems more unions are supporting Biden With Trump only having 3, all police unions.

Good site!

Good riddance.... the police union is half the problem with the few bad cops getting their jobs back, making all the good cops take the heat for the bad ones the union fought to keep....
When unions get too powerful, there needs to be reform...just like corporations. They need to balance each other imo.
And yet you think the National Unions that exist are fine right? Corrupt to the core but you support them.

They are as corrupt or non-corrupt as any other large scale entity. When something becomes violates the law, then something should be done about until it is back in compliance.

That is really kind of a stupid question.

Let’s turn it around with a similar broadbrush question:

And yet you think huge national corporations that exist are fine right? Corrupt to the core but you support them.
I support Business but have no stake in supporting Corporations other the they employee millions of people. And they are heavily regulated while Unions are not thanks to democrats. Democrats support such things as open votes in Union elections so that the Union bosses can identify and harass those that disagree with them, They support Unions taking dues from members and giving it illegally to the democrats. They hae openly voted in support of both those things repeatedly.

What is the difference between business and corporations in your view?

As a comparison...I support the right to unionize and for workers to have collective rights, but that doesn’t mean I support all unions, all union actions etc.

How is unions giving money to political parties illegal? Part of the Unions job is to politically advocate for legislation and candidates that support their positions. It isn’t any different from trade associations representing business’ who take money from dues and support political candidates and parties.

For example Teachers Unions force non union members to pay dues and then give money they got that way to democrats. And when ever it is comes up in Congress the dems claim it is OK nothing to see here.

States have made laws making it ILLEGAL to work at companies if they have a Union while forcing non union companies to hire Union members. States run by democrats have tried to make votes to become a Union public so that Union organizers can terrorize those that oppose it.
Not all public schools are unionized and some states have laws that unions cannot collect monthly fees to run the unions in right to work states.

The only “workers” Biden wants to strengthen are Chinese ones. He spent his whole career shipping jobs to China and bending America over to get raped by China trade policies.
Joe Biden doesn't have the ability to make a corporation move its manufacturing base that is a decision made by a corporation.
The factors of that decision are economic based. The reality is companies have to compete with cheap Chinese slave labor. It isn’t fair when our own government mandates minimum wage and environmental laws that drive up manufacturing costs, yet allows slave labor products to compete without any protections. It is up to the government to help protect our companies that provide jobs for our citizens.

Why is this so difficult for leftwing dolts to understand? Every other country uses tariffs, including the EU and China. But if President Trump merely threatens to do the same, you claim he is “starting a trade war”.

Yes indeed, the bed wetters are apoplectic that rank and file cops would support a President that values law enforcement. I hope a lot more union members also acknowledge the fact that the economy Trump fixed had them all back to work. It would be great to see unions come out for Trump. That's half the democrook base.

This is why Xi is working overtime to produce fake mail in ballots

Good riddance.... the police union is half the problem with the few bad cops getting their jobs back, making all the good cops take the heat for the bad ones the union fought to keep....
When unions get too powerful, there needs to be reform...just like corporations. They need to balance each other imo.
And yet you think the National Unions that exist are fine right? Corrupt to the core but you support them.

They are as corrupt or non-corrupt as any other large scale entity. When something becomes violates the law, then something should be done about until it is back in compliance.

And yet you think huge national corporations that exist are fine right? Corrupt to the core but you support them.
I support Business but have no stake in supporting Corporations other the they employee millions of people. And they are heavily regulated while Unions are not thanks to democrats. Democrats support such things as open votes in Union elections so that the Union bosses can identify and harass those that disagree with them, They support Unions taking dues from members and giving it illegally to the democrats. They hae openly voted in support of both those things repeatedly.

As a comparison...I support the right to unionize and for workers to have collective rights, but that doesn’t mean I support all unions, all union actions etc.

How is unions giving money to political parties illegal? Part of the Unions job is to politically advocate for legislation and candidates that support their positions. It isn’t any different from trade associations representing business’ who take money from dues and support political candidates and parties.

For example Teachers Unions force non union members to pay dues and then give money they got that way to democrats. And when ever it is comes up in Congress the dems claim it is OK nothing to see here.

States have made laws making it ILLEGAL to work at companies if they have a Union while forcing non union companies to hire Union members. States run by democrats have tried to make votes to become a Union public so that Union organizers can terrorize those that oppose it.

For the first, it isn’t illegal. Unions have a political fund. They have used to support both parties.

Tried implies they failed which is good. I have also never heard of it. Can provide any links?

That is incorrect. What specific actions of his “shipped jobs to China”? That was a free market decision. You guys are all about that right?

Q: Would you call for tariffs to protect American consumers from unsafe products from China? Are you willing to go there?
A: I'm not. No, I'm not willing to go there. You don't need to start a tariff war. All you have to do is enforce the law. Enforce the law.

Vote to give permanent Normal Trade Relations [NTR] status to China. Currently, NTR status for China is debated and voted on annually.

Vote to expand trade with more than 70 countries in Africa, Central America and the Caribbean. The countries would be required to meet certain eligibility requirements in protecting freedoms of expression and association.
And I have always been critical of the GOP globalist policies. It does not excuse Biden’s role. Dems were just as bad if not worse. President Trump isn’t like the GOP, he is a nationalist not a globalist and believes we should bring jobs back from China to here.

Joe Biden doesn't have the ability to make a corporation move its manufacturing base that is a decision made by a corporation.
The factors of that decision are economic based. The reality is companies have to compete with cheap Chinese slave labor. It isn’t fair when our own government mandates minimum wage and environmental laws that drive up manufacturing costs, yet allows slave labor products to compete without any protections. It is up to the government to help protect our companies that provide jobs for our citizens.

Why is this so difficult for leftwing dolts to understand? Every other country uses tariffs, including the EU and China. But if President Trump merely threatens to do the same, you claim he is “starting a trade war”.
And no Republican presidents or Congress has reversed this inversion of production , both parties are complicite and it took both parties to push for and pass the regulations to allow it to happen. It has been going on since Japan started exporting to the US in the 1960's.

And I have always been critical of the GOP globalist policies. It does not excuse Biden’s role. Dems were just as bad if not worse. President Trump isn’t like the GOP, he is a nationalist not a globalist and believes we should bring jobs back from China to here.
If Trump does believe that why is his products and his families still made overseas or in Mexico?

And yet only 15% of his products are manufactured in the US.

And yet only 15% of his products are manufactured in the US.
This man knows how to sucker the niave and boot lickers.

Yes indeed, the bed wetters are apoplectic that rank and file cops would support a President that values law enforcement. I hope a lot more union members also acknowledge the fact that the economy Trump fixed had them all back to work. It would be great to see unions come out for Trump. That's half the democrook base.

This is why Xi is working overtime to produce fake mail in ballots
They better be damn good at forgery.

And no Republican presidents or Congress has reversed this inversion of production , both parties are complicite and it took both parties to push for and pass the regulations to allow it to happen. It has been going on since Japan started exporting to the US in the 1960's.

Realistically...there is no simple political solution, it is a complicated problem, and most of it is not under political control, I think.

Which will of course lead to fewer jobs for union workers. So did you want to explain to me why that's a good thing for blue collar workers, Coyote? With Biden strengthening unions and giving workers more "rights" that's just one more incentive for multi national corporations to take their jobs elsewhere! Then throw in the tax increases Biden says he'll give us and the Green New Deal legislation that he's also backing and our economy is going to go down like the Hindenburg! Just saying...

Unions, providing collective power for workers, serve to balance the collective power companies have both in bargaining for their rights and safety and for political issues that an individual has little ability to affect.

Would you agree with that?

That said, like ANY entity they become to powerful, or corrupt. Just like their opposition, the corporate interests. There have been many easy to find cases of corruption, and cases where they have become too powerful, hobbling the industries they represent, losing jobs, and even leading to bankruptcy or relocation.
We live in a global economy, Coyote. What happened to American jobs when unions strong armed employers into providing wages and benefits that were way out of bounds? Do you remember? So why does Joe Biden think he can allow unions to do that again...and not have the same results?

I would love to see the US the leader in the world manufacturing enter but it isn't going to happen because living in the US is very expensive and workers can't afford to live on $1200 dollars a year like they do in China.

Realistically...there is no simple political solution, it is a complicated problem, and most of it is not under political control, I think.

I am well aware of those that manipulate the system over greed and how they will never let go of the power they accumulate with their wealth, I am just tired of being lied to by the politicians and the industry leaders who banter words like "Buy American" when they have no inclination to do as such..The US is losing power and wealth to those who do not need anymore wealth accumulation but desire it nonetheless.

It obviously isn't "illegal" Coyote but do you think it's a good idea to have Teacher's unions pumping millions into the campaigns of politicians that then turn around and pass legislation favoring those same unions and punishing anyone who's not in those unions?

For the first, it isn’t illegal. Unions have a political fund. They have used to support both parties.

Tried implies they failed which is good. I have also never heard of it. Can provide any links?
With all due respect, Coyote...are you really claiming that unions support BOTH parties? I think you know as well as I do that isn't the case.

Forum List

Back