Democrats Say They Want Higher Wages for Lower Income Workers

WTF would a business owner pressure drivers to buy their own trucks? You can do that anytime you want. You don't need anybody telling you to. Owner operators is nothing new in this industry. We've had them for generations.

You are always willing to criticize industry but never the workers.
Why? Because it's good for the owner.

The owner "lends" them the money on their own terms. The trucker is exclusive to the owner but becomes a "contract" employee. That means the employer doesn't have to pay for insurance or taxes. But they're as good as a regular employee since they can rely on them to work plenty of hours since they have to pay for the loan.

If the trucker misses any payments, they get the truck back and can "sell" it to the next person which means that they basically got a lot of labor for free and the trucker loses any money they sunk into the loan.

Screw me for standing up for regular working people, right?

You will definitely see a shift as baby boomers retire. 100%. Employees will have the upper hand for many jobs.
They are retiring, and in an accelerated fashion due to COVID.

But don't let that get in the way of trying to score political points by blaming Biden.

People aren't going to leave a job they've been at for 20 years because ground beef used to be $3.00 a lbs and now it's $6.00. If people knew how to vote in this country it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.
If they're not willing to improve themselves, then why should I feel sorry for them?

This is what you've been saying about poor people, but then again they're despised by people like you so that's okay. You're not willing to hold other people to the same standard.

Average age of a trucker is 47..about the same as a nurse actually. We need to automate trucking but thats at least 10 yrs away. It is a rough and grueling gig for sure.
100%, automation is going to be a game changer.

Trucking is horrendously unhealthy. We've seen the long term effects on people. The fact that no one wants those jobs is hardly surprising.

They are retiring, and in an accelerated fashion due to COVID.

But don't let that get in the way of trying to score political points by blaming Biden.
I blame Biden for:

#1) Border Crisis

#2) Way we left Afghanistan

#3) He promised to be a President for all and has failed to be that

#4) Unemployment benefits were too lucrative. Trump's fault too

#5) Failure to tell the progressive base to chill

#6) Vaccine mandates

#7) Not getting rid of Fauci

I do not blame him for the virus deaths, sluggish economy or overall malaise. I am only one vote and it doesn't even count in MA.

If they're not willing to improve themselves, then why should I feel sorry for them?

This is what you've been saying about poor people, but then again they're despised by people like you so that's okay. You're not willing to hold other people to the same standard.
I agree with colfax_m this isn't 1960 or 1980. Employees are more transient. Loyalty is for dogs.

100%, automation is going to be a game changer.

Trucking is horrendously unhealthy. We've seen the long term effects on people. The fact that no one wants those jobs is hardly surprising.
Of course. They should be paid more. 85% of all goods are still delivered by trucks. And many times these persons don't see their families as they are on the road six days a week. I respect them greatly.

I blame Biden for:

#1) Border Crisis

#2) Way we left Afghanistan

#3) He promised to be a President for all and has failed to be that

#4) Unemployment benefits were too lucrative. Trump's fault too

#5) Failure to tell the progressive base to chill

#6) Vaccine mandates

#7) Not getting rid of Fauci

I do not blame him for the virus deaths, sluggish economy or overall malaise. I am only one vote and it doesn't even count in MA.
Basically none of this has anything to do with the topic.

Generous unemployment benefits expired already.

The economy was broken by COVID and is having a hard time starting up again. No one should be surprised.

Basically none of this has anything to do with the topic.

Generous unemployment benefits expired already.

The economy was broken by COVID and is having a hard time starting up again. No one should be surprised.
You mentioned Biden so I replied in kind. Red States have fared much better. Even Bill Maher said so. In terms of opening up and returning to normalcy.

If their kids are born here they become citizens automatically and that is what they want for them. Noble but they are breaking the law. Change the law that one becomes a citizen automatically if they are born here. We won’t but we should.
A Tomahawk Is Not an Anchor

Not only should the nullifiers refuse to let anchor babies and amnestees vote, that should also apply to their children and grandchildren. If the insufferable hadn't been given suffrage, Trump would have won both elections in a popular-vote landslide.

It's not just a law.......just saying. It's in the Constitution. Millions upon millions are here with kids who came with them. I'm sure having a kid with citizenship is a positive for them but it matters none unless the parents can work to support them.
Using a Document for a Doormat

We must be the only country with a Constitution that abets invasion.

You mentioned Biden so I replied in kind. Red States have fared much better. Even Bill Maher said so. In terms of opening up and returning to normalcy.
They’ve also been faring much worse in terms of deaths from COVID.

Different values I guess. But not the topic.

Saying you want people to earn more money but don’t want prices to go up is saying you want your cake and eat it too.

People live in a fantasy world.

They’ve also been faring much worse in terms of deaths from COVID.

Different values I guess. But not the topic.
No they haven't, dumbass. Florida has the lowest per capita death rate of any state in the union.,

Forum List

Back