Democrats Say They Want Higher Wages for Lower Income Workers

"Recent data shows that asylum seekers continue to appear for immigration court proceedings at high rates. In fiscal year 2018, Department of Justice (DOJ) figures show that 89 percent of all asylum applicants attended their final court hearing to receive a decision on their application. When families and unaccompanied children have access to legal representation, the rate of compliance with immigration court obligations is nearly 98 percent."

Your data only goes to 2017 and 11% of any city size group is a ton of people.

The world is a lot different than when you were 30 years old.

Commercial trucking is suffering because of how shitty of a job it is. Trucking companies have been coercing people into shitty owner/operator contracts and putting people into 6 figure debt and taking most of their paycheck to cover it. The turnover in commercial trucking is astonishingly high.

Employers have spent the last 30 years figuring out how to get as much from employees and giving them as little in return. People have had enough. It shows.

No, transportation is suffering because of government, mostly the bureaucracies that create new hurdles seemingly every year. It's why I could no longer do it.

Secondly we have a huge drug problem in this country and many can't pass a drug screen also required by government. It's not just my industry but every industry across the country. That's why folks stick to lower wage jobs because shitty jobs don't have drug screens. Then when they can't make money they cry to the government to fix it for them instead of advancing to better paying jobs.

Truck driving is a good paying job and you can work anyplace you desire. You can go over the road and experience the country. You can stay local and get a job with a company like FedEx where they are currently paying $28.00 an hour plus benefits and plenty of overtime. If you need to get out a little more you can drive regional and be home most nights of the week. It's all up to you when you're in demand, and employers will kiss your ass to work for them.

The idea that the president controls inflation is idiotic.

Most Americans don't give a shit about other Americans, if what you say is true. I don't think it is.

This President caused inflation by signing pork bills from the commies in the house and creating a labor shortage in the process. The more employers have to pay employees, the more they have to charge for their products or services. This is what we are experiencing now. When the cost of fuel goes up, so do all fuels including diesel which trucks use. Again, they have to recoup those losses in price increases.

So don't say a President doesn't control inflation, because all our inflation problems are because of this diaper wetter in the White House.

No, transportation is suffering because of government, mostly the bureaucracies that create new hurdles seemingly every year. It's why I could no longer do it.

Secondly we have a huge drug problem in this country and many can't pass a drug screen also required by government. It's not just my industry but every industry across the country. That's why folks stick to lower wage jobs because shitty jobs don't have drug screens. Then when they can't make money they cry to the government to fix it for them instead of advancing to better paying jobs.

Truck driving is a good paying job and you can work anyplace you desire. You can go over the road and experience the country. You can stay local and get a job with a company like FedEx where they are currently paying $28.00 an hour plus benefits and plenty of overtime. If you need to get out a little more you can drive regional and be home most nights of the week. It's all up to you when you're in demand, and employers will kiss your ass to work for them.
Trucking companies have big problems. They've been coercing people into owner-operator contracts it bad conditions and bad outcomes. Turnover in trucking industry can reach as high as 90%. If the employers were so great, that wouldn't be the case.

This is exactly what I mean. You guys are never willing to criticize business owners. You deify them.

Immigrants aren't taking your job unless you're a leaf blower.

Jobs illegals take .png

This President caused inflation by signing pork bills from the commies in the house and creating a labor shortage in the process. The more employers have to pay employees, the more they have to charge for their products or services. This is what we are experiencing now. When the cost of fuel goes up, so do all fuels including diesel which trucks use. Again, they have to recoup those losses in price increases.

So don't say a President doesn't control inflation, because all our inflation problems are because of this diaper wetter in the White House.
If prices are too high and you don't have enough money, why don't you just get better jobs and make more money?

Get rid of illegal immigrants, shrink the labor pool by a few million...

...then we'll see how you guys feel about the labor shortage.

If prices are too high and you don't have enough money, why don't you just get better jobs and make more money?

People aren't going to leave a job they've been at for 20 years because ground beef used to be $3.00 a lbs and now it's $6.00. If people knew how to vote in this country it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Trucking companies have big problems. They've been coercing people into owner-operator contracts it bad conditions and bad outcomes. Turnover in trucking industry can reach as high as 90%. If the employers were so great, that wouldn't be the case.

This is exactly what I mean. You guys are never willing to criticize business owners. You deify them.
California Democrats outlawed private trucking and are now demanding half of American truckers get a job elsewhere with your unscientific jab mandate.

Get rid of illegal immigrants, shrink the labor pool by a few million...

...then we'll see how you guys feel about the labor shortage.
And guess what - wages and benefits rise then.
Which really pisses you off.

WTF would a business owner pressure drivers to buy their own trucks? You can do that anytime you want. You don't need anybody telling you to. Owner operators is nothing new in this industry. We've had them for generations.

You are always willing to criticize industry but never the workers.

"Recent data shows that asylum seekers continue to appear for immigration court proceedings at high rates. In fiscal year 2018, Department of Justice (DOJ) figures show that 89 percent of all asylum applicants attended their final court hearing to receive a decision on their application. When families and unaccompanied children have access to legal representation, the rate of compliance with immigration court obligations is nearly 98 percent."

My source state differently.

Cool. Not everyone can move, but I get your point.

Anyway, the free market dictates what is fair. Not employers. We have been seeing employers with the upper hand for a long time. Not as much anymore and the shift has been jarring for them.
You will definitely see a shift as baby boomers retire. 100%. Employees will have the upper hand for many jobs.

Both were working? What did they want, the lifestyle of the rich and famous?
They wanted a three bedroom house with a nice yard in a safe neighborhood for $250k. They got that in NC for $200k. This was 10 yrs ago.

Average age of a trucker is 47..about the same as a nurse actually. We need to automate trucking but thats at least 10 yrs away. It is a rough and grueling gig for sure.

Forum List

Back