Democrats Say They Want Higher Wages for Lower Income Workers

Ah, so the older people are too lazy to improve themselves.

And I'm supposed to feel bad about that? Guess it's time for you guys to call in the government to fix your own problems. Funny how you accuse people of doing exactly what you do.

Paying a mortgage and raising a family disabling you from switching careers is not lazy, it's almost impossible to do at that point. That's why smart people make their moves before they have kids and make any kind of financial commitment.

I find it strange that you guys have vilified people who work these jobs and now you vilify people who don't want to work these jobs. You guys really aren't fans of introspection.

I don't vilify people for working at Starbucks. I think it is pretty irresponsible to get massive government student loans to go to college and major in something that nets you at best a job for which a high school graduate is qualified. I never said they shouldn't be working, just don't complain about wanting your student loan debts forgiven. There is nothing wrong with working there, in fact, given what they are paying, it is not a bad gig. The problem now is that many don't want to work at all unless they are rewarded for skills they don't possess or aren't using. Sorry, but I wouldn't pay anyone 50k/yr to flip burgers even if they had their Ph.D, but many of these folks believe they are entitled to money simply based on their education, not the skillset for which they are being hired. We have a nation of spoiled, entitled brats. It is as simple as that.

Darn, you caught me didn't you?

2017 closed out with a total of 1,360 employee audits and more than 300 arrests of immigrants.

WOOT! He arrested 300 out of 10 million or whatever it is. Most of them were released to go back to work. How many years do you expect it would take at 300 a year?

His policies are inflationary. I don't really expect you to understand.
So were Trump's.

It's time to give up the childish notion that presidents have that much control. The economy is going through a period of extremely high demand with tight labor supply. The fact that inflation is going up surprises no one regardless of any policies of Biden.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
I don't vilify people for working at Starbucks. I think it is pretty irresponsible to get massive government student loans to go to college and major in something that nets you at best a job for which a high school graduate is qualified. I never said they shouldn't be working, just don't complain about wanting your student loan debts forgiven. There is nothing wrong with working there, in fact, given what they are paying, it is not a bad gig. The problem now is that many don't want to work at all unless they are rewarded for skills they don't possess or aren't using. Sorry, but I wouldn't pay anyone 50k/yr to flip burgers even if they had their Ph.D, but many of these folks believe they are entitled to money simply based on their education, not the skillset for which they are being hired. We have a nation of spoiled, entitled brats. It is as simple as that.
The message comes through loud and clear. People working at Starbucks are bottom of the barrel and wasting their lives.

Just let everyone know how much you hate the poor and want them to continue to be poor.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Truckers also suffer from obesity, hypertension, diabetes, and sleep disorders at rates that are higher than the national average. Anecdotal evidence suggests high rates of substance abuse and depression, which often go undiagnosed and untreated. The on-the-job fatality rate for drivers is 11 times the national average, according to a 2016 study.

"They have more health problems than the standard population, and less access to health care, which is a dangerous mix," says Shattell, who has become a champion for this underserved population.

Tell us how your health is Ray.

You are full of shit. Any driver abusing substances risks losing their job and career due to random drug testing. They will eventually get caught. It's illegal to have any alcoholic beverage in the truck unless it's part of your load in the trailer. And yes, DOT inspectors do inspect the inside of your cab.

As for all the other health problems they are no different than any other person that has a sit down job all day. Most companies offer excellent medical coverage because of their desperation to find qualified drivers, so when they need care, they get it.

Driving is in the top ten most deadly jobs in this country, even more so than a police officer or fire fighter, but that's all driving jobs, not just trucks.

There are a few operations like that but very few. Companies that want owner operators only hire owner operators. Companies that have their own trucks only hire drivers that don't have their own trucks
Sure dude. Turnover in trucking industry is nearly 90% but the companies are just such good people. It's not their fault. Sure.

You are full of shit. Any driver abusing substances risks losing their job and career due to random drug testing. They will eventually get caught. It's illegal to have any alcoholic beverage in the truck unless it's part of your load in the trailer. And yes, DOT inspectors do inspect the inside of your cab.

As for all the other health problems they are no different than any other person that has a sit down job all day. Most companies offer excellent medical coverage because of their desperation to find qualified drivers, so when they need care, they get it.

Driving is in the top ten most deadly jobs in this country, even more so than a police officer or fire fighter, but that's all driving jobs, not just trucks.
Whatever you say Ray. A big old "nuh uh" isn't as convincing as you think.

Paying a mortgage and raising a family disabling you from switching careers is not lazy, it's almost impossible to do at that point. That's why smart people make their moves before they have kids and make any kind of financial commitment.
People switch careers all the time Ray. If they're not making enough, they need to get a better job.

Don't expect the government to rescue you because you're too lazy to be better.

Hypocrites.

They are "refugees" only from their country's shitty economy.
Perhaps? The judges when they get the asylum seekers in court, do turn most of them down in most of their immigration trials.

I believe, they have to have a deadly threat reason, to be accepted as a refugee....a life or death situation.

People switch careers all the time Ray. If they're not making enough, they need to get a better job.

Don't expect the government to rescue you because you're too lazy to be better.

Where did I say the government should rescue anybody? It's not the governments fault our inflation is so high, it's the stupid voters fault.

Sure dude. Turnover in trucking industry is nearly 90% but the companies are just such good people. It's not their fault. Sure.

As I stated, a lot of it is governments fault. They allow these bureaucrats to make our life more and more miserable every year. A lot of people just say screw it, I'm done with this field of work. The other half of it is our huge drug problem in this country. Of course Dementia allowing more fentanyl to cross our border will only make it worse.

Oh, and next year is no exception. In our company we didn't hire new Class A (tractor-trailer) drivers. My employer trained our straight truck drivers to drive a tractor-trailer for those seeking advancement in our company and their career. It's the same for companies that train their new drivers from scratch. He'd have one of our drivers take them out, show them how to drive, and put them behind the wheel for a few months. Then he'd have them go to the DMV to take their written and road tests to get their license. No more.

New federal rule for entry-level CDL training goes into effect in February​

New federal requirements for entry-level driver training for the commercial driver license (CDL) go into effect on Feb. 7.

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for entry-level driver training (ELDT) for CDL licenses were mandated under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21 Century Act (MAP-21).

ELDT regulations establish the baseline for training required for entry-level drivers. They apply to anyone:

seeking a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
upgrading an existing Class B CDL to Class A CDL
obtaining a first-time school bus (S), passenger (P) or hazardous materials (H) endorsement.

The regulations require entry-level drivers to complete their training from a provider listed on a Training Provider Registry that is to be available by Feb. 7, according to a registry information page.

Wonderful, as if we can't get enough drivers now. We have to put this hurdle in the mix besides? Like Reagan once said, government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem

The message comes through loud and clear. People working at Starbucks are bottom of the barrel and wasting their lives.

Just let everyone know how much you hate the poor and want them to continue to be poor.
That's your message, not ours.

A Medieval Aristocratic Institution Will Give Us a Medieval Economy

The few who are actually intelligent enough to be in college (unlike the Diploma Dumbos we have now, so don't apply this to them) must be given the same high allowance and paid-up tuition that those who mandate the present indentured servitude give to their sons. Or else the talented students should make sure the richkids never graduate.

Preparation is a key element in production. The only ones who get properly prepared through being immediately paid for grades are Preppies.

Everyone, name one left-leaning narration that would lend itself to higher wages as opposed lower wagers - GO!

The Democrat’s message is certainly very clear. Complain about salaries and mistreatment and sit at home and don’t work. Big daddy will take care of you from cradle to grave. That sure is a winning strategy for the US going forward. You seem to be onboard for now, but just wait until you are paying so much of your salary to these folks that you are living in a block apartment beside them. You may decide to stay home and join a PS5 gaming group too.

No it doesn't depend that on how big my property is.

I’m curious....If a Leftist decides to define and secure his/her property line to stop trespassers don’t they start with a fence / wall? What do they do…do they hire armed security guards and employ expensive technology with ongoing reoccurring costs?
#RittenhouseForPresident2036

The best way for anybody in the US to not be poor is for them to not help elect the Democrats that have failed Leftest economic policies.

Forum List

Back