Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

I fear that the Obama presidency is like the Bourbon monarchy. They know nothing and refuse to learn.

Wait. So is this like 2008, 2009 or 2010? Obama nation, Tea Party over-reach or massive Tea Party victory? What gives? lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIwlRClHsQ]Spaceballs - We're at now-now. - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

For what?

You know what im talking about Sallow. Or are you guys gonna just sit by and watch the water rise helplessly in your ship? :eusa_whistle:

There's going to be no challenge to Obama from the Democratic party.

You should be happy that it's going to be Obama in 2012. It's a lock for you guys..

Right?

The only sure thing is that Obamas second stimilus is DOA.

Not mounting a challenger is a mistake IMO.

If we win big in 2012 and do the right things you guys can kiss the next decade if not more goodbye.

Many Democrats have sided with Turner (R) in an attempt to send a message to President Obama to start listening to what the people want. Turner is a business man with little to no political experience. The polls have Turner up with 24 hours to go.

Bob Turner (R) 47%
David Weprin (D) 41%

Public Policy Polling
Sept 8-11
MOE +/- 3.8$

I think the public is sending a message. Question is, WILL OBAMA LISTEN??? :eusa_whistle:

New York AND Nevada go to the GOP!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

50 more Queens precincts to count, 80 more for Brooklyn. Brooklyn is now trending 70% for turner.

The race has already been called for TURNER guys--HELLO?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...cial-election/2011/09/13/gIQAPL72QK_blog.html

I can't believe it--a republican takes this seat! Not since 1923!!! New York goes for the Republican Presidential nominee this year--it's going to look like Custer's last stand for any democrat running for reelection.

Last edited:
Obama's minion has been stomped into the dirt. The question is, how far? I am hoping we can get a result in the 57% range where folks might actually sit up and say "Did the voters send us a message we might want to pay attention too?"

I think we can glean some insight into next years election from this election result. Is it a sign of things to come? I think it will be.

And if Obama loses, what will happen? Republicans will cut taxes even more? We've been going that route for the last thirty years, and it's worked so well I guess we should just keep cutting taxes even more.

Now for the bad news..... In NY there were a bunch of State Assembly seats up for election too. The Democrats swept all of them.

I think we can glean some insight into next years election from this election result. Is it a sign of things to come? I think it will be.

And if Obama loses, what will happen? Republicans will cut taxes even more? We've been going that route for the last thirty years, and it's worked so well I guess we should just keep cutting taxes even more.

It all depends on what they do. I dont pretend to have a time machine that I can visit the future in. It cant get a whole lot worse though.

Many Democrats have sided with Turner (R) in an attempt to send a message to President Obama to start listening to what the people want. Turner is a business man with little to no political experience. The polls have Turner up with 24 hours to go.

Bob Turner (R) 47%
David Weprin (D) 41%

Public Policy Polling
Sept 8-11
MOE +/- 3.8$

I think the public is sending a message. Question is, WILL OBAMA LISTEN??? :eusa_whistle:

New York AND Nevada go to the GOP!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

NEW YORK – Republicans have scored an upset victory in a New York City House race that became a referendum on President Barack Obama's economic policies.

Retired media executive and political novice Bob Turner defeated Democratic state Assemblyman David Weprin (WEHP'-rihn) in a special election Tuesday to succeed Rep. Anthony Weiner, a seven-term Democrat who resigned in June after a sex texting scandal.

The heavily Democratic district spanning parts of Queens and Brooklyn had never sent a Republican to the House. But frustration with the continued weak national economy gave Republicans the edge.

Turner has vowed to bring business practicality to Washington and push back on spending and taxes.

Read more: Republican Wins House Race In New York, Seen As Obama Rebuke | Fox News

Obama's minion has been stomped into the dirt. The question is, how far? I am hoping we can get a result in the 57% range where folks might actually sit up and say "Did the voters send us a message we might want to pay attention too?"

I think we'll start to see democrats running for reelection distance themselves from Obama and his policies--and we may even see a serious movement to have him challenged for the nomination.

This is really very bad news for democrats. Obama is going to get stomped in 2012--there is no doubt about it now.

You do know that you can pay more taxes if you want, don't you?

Why don't you?

Personally, I pay too much....

I said Obama was radioactive to the Jews. He may lose all of the 57 states he claims to have visited during 2008

You do know that you can pay more taxes if you want, don't you?

Why don't you?

Personally, I pay too much....

Congressional Democrats have to see the writting on the wall despite Obamas blindness. I smell some major spending cuts coming down the pipeline in an attempt to salvage some careers

Forum List

Back