Dems starting to ban garbage bags

Why not tax breaks for manufacturing with and using recycled plastic? That might actually help the environment and provide economic incentive.

Sorry, I forgot. They're liberals.

But maybe it was a Republican-liberal president that pushed for some of the biggest bans when he pushed for a ban on impure food? Was that the beginning of America's downfall? Some meat-packers declared it to be the end of America as we knew it, when they were banned from throwing anything living or dead into the sausage.

It's sausage! You wouldn't know what's in it unless someone told you, and even then, they may be pulling your leg. Hell, what difference does it make, how many PPM of roach parts are in your sausage? The UN has already declared we need to start eatiing more bugs.
Why are you consuming sausage?

Have you spoken to the IRS about your poor dietary habits?

Oh, just wait. In a few more years, the IRS will mandate that we live on Soylent!

(This will make the environazis very happy - no more animal husbandry or agriculture.)

hypothesized that the body doesn't need food itself, merely the chemicals and elements it contains. So, I resolved to embark on an experiment. What if I consumed only the raw ingredients the body uses for energy? Would I be healthier or do we need all the other stuff that's in traditional food? If it does work, what would it feel like to have a perfectly balanced diet? I just want to be in good health and spend as little time and money on food as possible.

I haven't eaten a bite of food in 30 days, and it's changed my life.
The Experiment

There are no meats, fruits, vegetables, or breads here. Besides olive oil for fatty acids and table salt for sodium and chloride nothing is recognizable as food. I researched every substance the body needs to survive, plus a few extras shown to be beneficial, and purchased all of them in nearly raw chemical form from a variety of sources. The section on the ingredients ended up being quite long so I'll save that for a future post. The first morning my kitchen looked more like a chemistry lab than a cookery, but I eventually ended up with an thick, odorless, beige liquid. I call it 'Soylent'. At the time I didn't know if it was going to kill me or give me superpowers. I held my nose and tepidly lifted it to my mouth, expecting an awful taste.

How I Stopped Eating Food : Mostly Harmless

But maybe it was a Republican-liberal president that pushed for some of the biggest bans when he pushed for a ban on impure food? Was that the beginning of America's downfall? Some meat-packers declared it to be the end of America as we knew it, when they were banned from throwing anything living or dead into the sausage.

The theory that meat packing plants would incorporate rats or anything else unsavory into their products is one of the ultimate idiocies of the 20the century. How long do you think such a company could avoid bankruptcy if word ever got out that they engaged in such practices? Jack in the Box almost went under because it sold a few hamburgers with some bad meat in them.

The internet has made consumers the most informed ever in the history of humanity.

A company's reputation can be destroyed quite easily for providing defective products. We don't need government nanny's to make our choices for us.

Last edited:

What is it about conservatives who love to wallow in their own filth?

Do they think that by "throwing something away" it somehow means "it disappears forever"?

They hate anything that has to do with curbing pollution or littering or filling up landfills.

If it were up to conservatives, we'd still be dumping our chamber pots out the window onto the streets.

I'm more than ready because I have been expecting this ban on plastic bags to happen for a mighty long time.

I have been saving plastic grocery bags for nearly 25 years.

Must have about a hundred pounds of them by now.

I save them too and donate them to my Avon lady...who then takes them and re uses them at her churches food pantry. :)

I guess the right isn't interested in the reasons why this was proposed or how many of the citizens support it and why. They seem more interested in being sarcastic really for no explained reason sort of suggesting this is a bad idea without saying it outright.

If this is a bad idea, I'd live to hear why or why not. But I'm sure itll just be more of the same "yeah, this is a great idea". Or "thanks liberals for caring soo much"

If you expect someone to see it from your point of view, you have to first make a point.

It's sausage! You wouldn't know what's in it unless someone told you, and even then, they may be pulling your leg. Hell, what difference does it make, how many PPM of roach parts are in your sausage? The UN has already declared we need to start eatiing more bugs.
Why are you consuming sausage?

Have you spoken to the IRS about your poor dietary habits?

I worked in the "Chicago stockyards" and don't eat sausage.

It would be so progressive to ban toilet paper. Only one household toilet flush per day

Well Cheryl Crow wants you to only use one sheet of TP when you wipe. After that I guess you do it the African way, with your hand.

It would be so progressive to ban toilet paper. Only one household toilet flush per day

You THINK you are being facetious and sarcastic, but this absurdity is already on the table.

Let?s ban toilet paper | Grist

If you imagine that you can be even MORE ridiculous than eco freaks by banning toilets completely, they have that covered too.

Eco-Religionists Want to Ban Flush Toilets

Hey, I'm from Kentucky. I know how to use leaves!

Garbage and things that decompose go into the compost piles. Trash is burned. Things like glass and metal go to the recycler or the landfill.

I remember us burning the trash when I was a girl. Some people around here still do. But there is nothing that stinks any worse than that. I'll stay with trash pick up as long as I can. I do put raw organic stuff into a compost pile back in the woods. Raw doesn't smell. Cooked smells and draws flies.

What is it about conservatives who love to wallow in their own filth?

Do they think that by "throwing something away" it somehow means "it disappears forever"?

They hate anything that has to do with curbing pollution or littering or filling up landfills.

If it were up to conservatives, we'd still be dumping our chamber pots out the window onto the streets.
You had a chamber pot? Damn! We had to pee down at a hole in the floor!

Well Cheryl Crow wants you to only use one sheet of TP when you wipe. After that I guess you do it the African way, with your hand.
Actually, there's a method of doing that that works...so to speak. You have to tear out a small piece of the center of the sheet...and save it for getting the shit out from under your fingernail (whichever finger you stick through the hole).

Maybe if we'd eat like rabbits we could shit little pellets out in the yard...leave them for fertilizer or use the leaf blower to send them down the storm sewer.

Animals don't worry about using the yard...they just don't take dumps where they sleep.

Forum List

Back