Dems starting to ban garbage bags

Rlmao @ Asar...
I've heard that method from my Dad who was straight Army to the core and grw up in the 20's and 30's. Needless to say that method never caught on once the shit under the fingernails details were revealed. Lol

Democrats love taking away your personal choices!!! They only want to legalize stuff to stick it in the face of society.

Democrats are all about division.

Yeah liberals like taking away personal choices like dumping sewage into the river. Some things that are personal choices affect more than that one person. I'd like anyone to tell me why they believe this is a bad idea.

Sounds like no one here bothered to read the link. They're not trying to ban garbage bags, they're trying to ban plastic bags at stores.

Reading is fun.

Banning Garbage bags is really stupid! How are you going to dispose of your trash?

Replace garbage bags with something that adequately contains the trash (and the wetness and odor that goes with it), can be transported, can be emptied, cleaned and re-used.

An engineer could solve this problem easily. The cost of implementation however, might be quite high....and of course the government would have to be involved in the regulation and the fining of those that do not comply.

...and it would address only household and food services garbage. Then we would need to address the plastics we use to hold canned drinks and bottles in packs, fishing lines, plastic vapor barriers, plastic containers, styrofoam, plastic straws, Lego blocks, plastic liners for permeable containers, plastic toys, plastic furniture, plastic eating utensils, plastic medical aids, plastic cups and plates, plastic pipes and fittlings.

There you go! Back to the chamber pot!

Sounds like no one here bothered to read the link. They're not trying to ban garbage bags, they're trying to ban plastic bags at stores.

Reading is fun.

True!

...but here is their core argument:

“Nothing that we use for a few minutes should pollute the oceans for hundreds of years,” Ehrlich said.

That will easily be morphed into "nothing that we discard should pollute the oceans for hundreds of years." While I will agree with that in principle, it sets the stage for the prohibition of non-degradable products for consumption (and subsequent discard). I say, let's make a stronger effort to keep those things from reaching the ocean. There's no sense in attacking the trees by banning plastic bags.

Last edited:
Indeed, I have heard that some local governments have banned outside toilets, and worse, made rules about the plumbing in the new indoor facilities.

It's sausage! You wouldn't know what's in it unless someone told you, and even then, they may be pulling your leg. Hell, what difference does it make, how many PPM of roach parts are in your sausage? The UN has already declared we need to start eatiing more bugs.
Why are you consuming sausage?

Have you spoken to the IRS about your poor dietary habits?

I worked in the "Chicago stockyards" and don't eat sausage.

I've never worked in stockyards, anywhere. I only eat sausage that I have made myself, out of meat I have raised or hunted. I know exactly what goes into my sausage.

It would be so progressive to ban toilet paper. Only one household toilet flush per day

You THINK you are being facetious and sarcastic, but this absurdity is already on the table.

Let?s ban toilet paper | Grist

If you imagine that you can be even MORE ridiculous than eco freaks by banning toilets completely, they have that covered too.

Eco-Religionists Want to Ban Flush Toilets

Hey, I'm from Kentucky. I know how to use leaves!

Just make sure you're not using poison ivy or oak.

It would be so progressive to ban toilet paper. Only one household toilet flush per day

Well Cheryl Crow wants you to only use one sheet of TP when you wipe. After that I guess you do it the African way, with your hand.
Actually, there's a method of doing that that works...so to speak. You have to tear out a small piece of the center of the sheet...and save it for getting the shit out from under your fingernail (whichever finger you stick through the hole).

Maybe if we'd eat like rabbits we could shit little pellets out in the yard...leave them for fertilizer or use the leaf blower to send them down the storm sewer.

Animals don't worry about using the yard...they just don't take dumps where they sleep.

Back in the day before MREs, when C-rats were all the rage for chow "on the road", that was the recommended method of utilizing the tiny little package of TP you got in your C-rat box.

Reading is fun.

True!

...but here is their core argument:

“Nothing that we use for a few minutes should pollute the oceans for hundreds of years,” Ehrlich said.

That will easily be morphed into "nothing that we discard should pollute the oceans for hundreds of years." While I will agree with that in principle, it sets the stage for the prohibition of non-degradable products for consumption (and subsequent discard). I say, let's make a stronger effort to keep those things from reaching the ocean. There's no sense in attacking the trees by banning plastic bags.

No need to.

They make everything out of compostable materials these days, made of potato and corn starch.

Eating utensils, plates, drinking cups, straws, garbage bags (heavy duty and lightweight), and single-use bags. I've seen water bottles made of compostable materials. Every company I work for composts everything. Most counties in the Bay Area do weekly residential compost pick ups. Everything biodegradable goes in including meat and bones, cardboard milk cartons, oyster shells. 80% of all refuse is compostable. 15% is recyclable. The remaining 5% is not called trash anymore, it's called what it is: landfill.

Hah!......Cheryl Crow goes around preaching that everybody should use just one sheet of toilet paper to wipe their asses.....It will help save the planet.:cuckoo:

Two things become very clear about ol' Cheryl:

1) Shaking that nasty liberal wenches hand would be highly risky.

And

2) That wench must stink to high heaven.

Christ, liberals are fuckin' weirdo's.:cuckoo:

I do have one, but thats not the point and you know it

Are you going to ban all things that can be littered?

Wow you are dumb

How anyone can be so completely selfish and clueless as you is astounding.

If you want to turn your home into a pig sty then you go right ahead but once you leave the walls of your home, you have no right to fuck it up for the rest of us.

Nanny/Police Staters are all about forcing their agendas on others. They're Un-American.

The way plastic bag bans really work. And, I live in a city that has banned plastic bags.

The stores no longer provide plastic bags. If you want a bag, bring your own, no matter how much disease it causes.

Because stores no longer provide plastic bags that people used for garbage, or dog poo, or wrapping up sloppy stuff, or any one of the numerous uses for plastic bags, the stores who banned plastic bags will be more than happy to sell you plastic bags that you can use for all the things you used to use the free plastic bags for. Meanwhile, the manufacturers who made the plastic bags have closed their factories, fired all the people who used to work there and moved to other states where plastic bags haven't been banned.

The way plastic bag bans really work. And, I live in a city that has banned plastic bags.

The stores no longer provide plastic bags. If you want a bag, bring your own, no matter how much disease it causes.

Because stores no longer provide plastic bags that people used for garbage, or dog poo, or wrapping up sloppy stuff, or any one of the numerous uses for plastic bags, the stores who banned plastic bags will be more than happy to sell you plastic bags that you can use for all the things you used to use the free plastic bags for. Meanwhile, the manufacturers who made the plastic bags have closed their factories, fired all the people who used to work there and moved to other states where plastic bags haven't been banned.

You are such a dumbfuck. Your unwashed purse carries way more diseases and germs than any reusable, WASHABLE grocery bag.

All the manufacturers who made plastic bags have switched from petroleum based plastics to starch based compostable bags.

Welcome To Loony Liberalville......Enjoy Your Stay!

You are such a dumbfuck. Your unwashed purse carries way more diseases and germs than any reusable, WASHABLE grocery bag.

All the manufacturers who made plastic bags have switched from petroleum based plastics to starch based compostable bags.
Sooooooo, I suppose that with all the unbathed liberal loons runnin' 'round that bastion o' liberal lunacy, San Fagcisco, disease and germs are no doubt permeating that loony bin, eh?

Forum List

Back