Dems starting to ban garbage bags

The way plastic bag bans really work. And, I live in a city that has banned plastic bags.

The stores no longer provide plastic bags. If you want a bag, bring your own, no matter how much disease it causes.

Because stores no longer provide plastic bags that people used for garbage, or dog poo, or wrapping up sloppy stuff, or any one of the numerous uses for plastic bags, the stores who banned plastic bags will be more than happy to sell you plastic bags that you can use for all the things you used to use the free plastic bags for. Meanwhile, the manufacturers who made the plastic bags have closed their factories, fired all the people who used to work there and moved to other states where plastic bags haven't been banned.

You are such a dumbfuck. Your unwashed purse carries way more diseases and germs than any reusable, WASHABLE grocery bag.

All the manufacturers who made plastic bags have switched from petroleum based plastics to starch based compostable bags.

Yes indeed we know all about it.

The Disgusting Consequences of Plastic-Bag Bans - Bloomberg

Are Reusable Shopping Bags Making Us Sick?

How a Reusable Grocery Bag Can Spread Disease

Shopping Bags Can Also Carry Stomach Flu Virus : Shots - Health News : NPR

Gastroenteritis outbreak linked to reusable shopping bag

So many links, so little time.

The way plastic bag bans really work. And, I live in a city that has banned plastic bags.

The stores no longer provide plastic bags. If you want a bag, bring your own, no matter how much disease it causes.

Because stores no longer provide plastic bags that people used for garbage, or dog poo, or wrapping up sloppy stuff, or any one of the numerous uses for plastic bags, the stores who banned plastic bags will be more than happy to sell you plastic bags that you can use for all the things you used to use the free plastic bags for. Meanwhile, the manufacturers who made the plastic bags have closed their factories, fired all the people who used to work there and moved to other states where plastic bags haven't been banned.

You are such a dumbfuck. Your unwashed purse carries way more diseases and germs than any reusable, WASHABLE grocery bag.

All the manufacturers who made plastic bags have switched from petroleum based plastics to starch based compostable bags.

How many of those "washable" bags are ever actually WASHED?

Yes indeed we know all about it.

The Disgusting Consequences of Plastic-Bag Bans - Bloomberg

Are Reusable Shopping Bags Making Us Sick?

How a Reusable Grocery Bag Can Spread Disease

Shopping Bags Can Also Carry Stomach Flu Virus : Shots - Health News : NPR

Gastroenteritis outbreak linked to reusable shopping bag

So many links, so little time.
Articles obviously written for people like you who are too stupid to maintain proper germ control. Clueless people get sick from not washing re-usable shopping bags.

Maybe if Democrats just put the plastic bags over their heads we'd all be better off.

This country is starting to be a fucked up place to live.

Personal choices are being taken away. Why not just fine the fuck out of the person that litters?

Goodness, that would require holding someone responsible for their actions, assigning consequences and then enforcing the consequences for poor choices. We can't have that, making people responsible for themselves.

We cant ban plastic bags that will exist in the environment for hundreds of years because some dumb ass might not wash the bag they carry food in, get sick and die! We have to save those dumb asses by protecting them from soap and water, I mean, protect them because using soap and water is hard. wait...Soap and water is a hassel

How many of those "washable" bags are ever actually WASHED?

When you wash them, they come out all skanky. You really have to throw them away and get new ones. It becomes a balancing act. Use them and just before you think they have become toxic, get new ones. Ultimately, nothing is done about unusable bags themselves. Instead of reusing or throwing away plastic bags, you end up throwing away reusable bags, AND had to buy plastic bags to use for all the things you used to use the throw aways for. This isn't exactly helping to reduce the amount of garbage, it has just changed the garbage from one substance to another. One kind of plastic bag for another kind of plastic bag. The amount of garbage just increases.

Of course this does NOTHING about the lead in the bags themselves.

Tests find high levels of lead in reusable bags - USATODAY.com

Just shut up and do as you're told. Big Brother loves you and knows what's best for ya. ;)

Basically there is nothing better than a plastic bag.

- Reusable bags stink
- Reusable bags kill
- Reusable bags look gay

Plastic bags kill people, kids, oceans, environments but at least they don't look gay. Find away to help the earth while not looking gay then earths importance increases

.sarcasm.

we are not allowed to have the toilets, light bulbs, and gas cans we want.
Yes you are. You just cant' manufacture them for sale into the interstate commerce. If you want a particular kind of toilet you can't buy a the store, take some personal responsibility and make it yourself instead of whining like a baby.

So what gives them the right to ban plastic bags? I'd fine everyone $50/bag for littering is a better way to protect the environment.

Please leave them alone so I can load and unload my food. I hate paper bags as I can't hold as many, :( Sometimes I walk to the store and carry things back too.

So what gives them the right to ban plastic bags? I'd fine everyone $50/bag for littering is a better way to protect the environment.

Please leave them alone so I can load and unload my food. I hate paper bags as I can't hold as many, :( Sometimes I walk to the store and carry things back too.

Why are you so against it besides someone of the opposite political party suggesting it?

So what gives them the right to ban plastic bags?

It is the right of local government to regulate local business.
I'd fine everyone $50/bag for littering is a better way to protect the environment.
The fine for littering in Massachusetts is already up to $5500 for the first offense, somehow I doubt adding another $50 for bags would make a difference.

You could take personal responsibility and bring your own bags.

Why are you so against it besides someone of the opposite political party suggesting it?

It will make my life more difficult. Not so much another party is suggesting it.

Forum List

Back