Dems to ban fracking

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
This will be a catastrophe. Millions of jobs will be lost in the heartland, leading millions of young Deplorables to drive their RV's and trailers into the major cities looking for any work. America will have to bow to the OPEC sheiks for our energy needs, the price of just driving down to the local Walmart for essentials will soar.

Why do libs want to destroy America? Warren is a modern day Herostratus seeking to destroy our economy just to get the notoriety of being someone who burned down a wonder of the world

Energy Expert: Warren's Proposed Fracking Ban Harmful to U.S. Security

before we start our engines and go, are you fully aware of what fracking does?

Yes, I do. It uses water pressure to get the oil and gas deep inside wells out so that we can use it. The economy of much of rural America relies on this fuel, and if we don't bring it out, the people there will suffer and many of those folks will be forced to pick up and drive to major cities for jobs

Yes, I do. It uses water pressure to get the oil and gas deep inside wells out so that we can use it. The economy of much of rural America relies on this fuel, and if we don't bring it out, the people there will suffer and many of those folks will be forced to pick up and drive to major cities for jobs
wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it. i worked for Western Pacesetters on horrible fall in 1988 and this is what we did. i had to drive the liquid nitrogen truck to get it refilled so we could pump that, and a lot of other shit, into the ground.

i'm all for ensuring people get to work and such, but if we kill the planet on the way, then yes i do have some questions. an entire BAN i think is stupid but we need to find way to accomplish what is needed just the same. the dems just want to ban everything and that i am against.

finding better solutions i'm for. but say that and suddenly you're against the environment.

This will be a catastrophe. Millions of jobs will be lost in the heartland..........

You are absolutely right. It will destroy jobs as well as certain sectors of the economy. But the Left does not care.
this is what i mean, people dig in for their stereotypes and never seem to take the time to realize there's more than A and B in this game.

Alternative Solutions to Fracking? What about Microbial Capacitive Desalination?

people should read up on things first, sound less stupid / emotional later.

wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it. i worked for Western Pacesetters on horrible fall in 1988 and this is what we did. i had to drive the liquid nitrogen truck to get it refilled so we could pump that, and a lot of other shit, into the ground.

i'm all for ensuring people get to work and such, but if we kill the planet on the way, then yes i do have some questions. an entire BAN i think is stupid but we need to find way to accomplish what is needed just the same. the dems just want to ban everything and that i am against.

finding better solutions i'm for. but say that and suddenly you're against the environment.

You do realize that 1988 fracking technologies and the current ones in use are radically different?

The strata we are fracturing are already full of hydrocarbons, and thus any water in them is already contaminated. Usually hydrocarbon strata are not near aquifer strata, or at least usable aquifer strata because of the potential for transfer between the two even if they are separated by "impermeable" rock layers.

Most of the issues associated with "fracking" aren't due to the fracking at all, but due to piss poor work done on the extractive piping from the gas/oil bearing strata and transfer to the surface if they go through used ground water layers.

Fracking causes more harm to the environment than good. Inflicting damage to maintain employment is an absurd justification.

wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it.

Does the land cry out in pain?

wrong.

You do realize that 1988 fracking technologies and the current ones in use are radically different?

The strata we are fracturing are already full of hydrocarbons, and thus any water in them is already contaminated. Usually hydrocarbon strata are not near aquifer strata, or at least usable aquifer strata because of the potential for transfer between the two even if they are separated by "impermeable" rock layers.

Most of the issues associated with "fracking" aren't due to the fracking at all, but due to piss poor work done on the extractive piping from the gas/oil bearing strata and transfer to the surface if they go through used ground water layers.
yep. i know they've changed over the years. we've just not gotten to that part of the convo. i try to cover a lot at times and usually get back "uh...NO" or something cause i lose people.

my main point is banning fracking as a generic stance is, like anything done in this manner, stupid. what about the fracking do they wish to ban? if all of it, why? what studies are they looking at and as you say, which style of fracking? the process itself can be altered / changed to improve and as you say, the process itself isn't the entire issue.

i've just come to learn with some people you can point out several things at once and be ok, with others you lose them by point 2. so until i get a better understanding of the audience, i keep it simple.

Fracking causes more harm to the environment than good. Inflicting damage to maintain employment is an absurd justification.
shouting out shit w/o links and proof is even more absurd but usually done to say LOOK I CARE, yet you don't seem to know what it is you care about.

wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it.

Does the land cry out in pain?
ignore on.

You'll probably be among the first to complain when deplorable families start parking their RV's in your city parks seeking employment in the big cities.

shouting out shit w/o links and proof is even more absurd but usually done to say LOOK I CARE, yet you don't seem to know what it is you care about.

That’s because it’s an opinion. Which shouldn’t require links. My point is quite clear.

That’s because it’s an opinion. Which shouldn’t require links. My point is quite clear.
yea, it's just not the point you think you're making.

Ok, besides quibbling, what’s your point here?

Ok, besides quibbling, what’s your point here?

As a Big City guy, will you treat the migrants from the countryside who come to your town with their own habits and ways with the same respect as you do Illegals from other countries?

That's what you are asking for, when you ask for Fracking to be banned.

Fracturing is done on the horizontal part of the lateral. The propagation extends out approximately 150-300 feet 360 degrees depending on the geology. I've monitored the latest technology now for 10 years and there is no migration from a fractured area to one that has no permeability. In addition to that, the perforations are occurring at depths of over 10,000' TVD, true vertical depth.

Forum List

Back