Dems to ban fracking

Fracking causes more harm to the environment than good. Inflicting damage to maintain employment is an absurd justification.
shouting out shit w/o links and proof is even more absurd but usually done to say LOOK I CARE, yet you don't seem to know what it is you care about.

That’s because it’s an opinion. Which shouldn’t require links. My point is quite clear.
yea, it's just not the point you think you're making.

Ok, besides quibbling, what’s your point here?

As a Big City guy, will you treat the migrants from the countryside who come to your town with their own habits and ways with the same respect as you do Illegals from other countries?

That's what you are asking for, when you ask for Fracking to be banned.

For the record, I’m not in the big city. However, if the choice is between continuing to poison the water supply thru fracking or having people look for new jobs, the latter is more palatable than the former. In my opinion.

Climate Change Cultist don't use oil.
busjalkjalkjaskl.jpg

shouting out shit w/o links and proof is even more absurd but usually done to say LOOK I CARE, yet you don't seem to know what it is you care about.

That’s because it’s an opinion. Which shouldn’t require links. My point is quite clear.

As a Big City guy, will you treat the migrants from the countryside who come to your town with their own habits and ways with the same respect as you do Illegals from other countries?

For the record, I’m not in the big city. However, if the choice is between continuing to poison the water supply thru fracking or having people look for new jobs, the latter is more palatable than the former. In my opinion.

Maybe you might think differently if you did live in a Big City and were facing a future of Deplorable Americans parking their trailers in the street in front of your home?

Maybe you might think differently if you did live in a Big City and were facing a future of Deplorable Americans parking their trailers in the street in front of your home?
what the holy hell does fracking have to do with this?

lord the reaches some people allow themselves to go to.

bye, felicia.

The water supply isnt being poisoned. Another dem myth. The water table is usually about 500-1500' below the surface. Double casing covers the aquifer. Fracturing occurs at depths over 10,000' tvd. There is no 9000' hydrocarbon migration.

bye, felicia.

Fracking provides jobs. If it wasn't done, the millions working in the field will be forced to find other employment and there is nothing else that big in the hinterlands.

Where would you think they will go?

The water supply isnt being poisoned. Another dem myth. The water table is usually about 500-1500' below the surface. Double casing covers the aquifer. Fracturing occurs at depths over 10,000' tvd. There is no 9000' hydrocarbon migration.

Disagreed

Facts About Fracking | Live Science

bye, felicia.

Fracking provides jobs. If it wasn't done, the millions working in the field will be forced to find other employment and there is nothing else that big in the hinterlands.

Where would you think they will go?
guess we can hire people to blow random shit up and now we're providing jobs.

Disagreed. That is an exercise in hyperbole.

Disagreed

Your link confirms no proven contamination of water supplies.

Disagreed

it's his opinion. it was then i found him less useful than tits on a nun.

before we start our engines and go, are you fully aware of what fracking does?

Yes, I do. It uses water pressure to get the oil and gas deep inside wells out so that we can use it. The economy of much of rural America relies on this fuel, and if we don't bring it out, the people there will suffer and many of those folks will be forced to pick up and drive to major cities for jobs
wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it. i worked for Western Pacesetters on horrible fall in 1988 and this is what we did. i had to drive the liquid nitrogen truck to get it refilled so we could pump that, and a lot of other shit, into the ground.

i'm all for ensuring people get to work and such, but if we kill the planet on the way, then yes i do have some questions. an entire BAN i think is stupid but we need to find way to accomplish what is needed just the same. the dems just want to ban everything and that i am against.

finding better solutions i'm for. but say that and suddenly you're against the environment.
I spent twenty two years in the oil and gas industry. A arge part of it in management and consulting. Not all areas use nitrogen. In fact most areas only use nitrogen to clean wells out after fracking has been done.

Fracking uses water, oil, or diesel under pressure to force open existing fractures in oil bearing rock. Sand or other elements ( man made sand, and others nicknamed prop) are then added to the fluid which is forced into the fractures. Once the pressure is released the prop remains lodged in the fractures to prop the tight formation open. This allows the oil to flow more freely. Years ago the pressure would be allowed to leak off almost instantly. That meant most of the prop was washed out and the fractures would slam shut. Fracking had to be done more often on the same well. The areas that did remain open with this technique would become more and more porous which meant little to no idea where the fluid was going.

The current situation is to allow the pressure to slowly bleed away. In most cases a day or longer. That means more prop left in the fractures. More fractures left open. The number of times a well must be fracked over its lifetime is greatly reduced and a responsible consultant or operator will better understand and be able to control what part of the area around the well and the geological formations are affected.

Lots of people like to think that everyone involved in the oil and gas industry are just interested in killing our environment and the planet. The largest part understand that we have to do things that are environmentally friendly and balance that with our energy needs while making a living for themselves and their families.

Disagreed

Disagreed

Disagreed

Fracking Can Contaminate Drinking Water

Here’s another

Yes, I do. It uses water pressure to get the oil and gas deep inside wells out so that we can use it. The economy of much of rural America relies on this fuel, and if we don't bring it out, the people there will suffer and many of those folks will be forced to pick up and drive to major cities for jobs
wrong.

it's not just water we're pumping, and we do "Fracture" the land to break it open to get it. i worked for Western Pacesetters on horrible fall in 1988 and this is what we did. i had to drive the liquid nitrogen truck to get it refilled so we could pump that, and a lot of other shit, into the ground.

i'm all for ensuring people get to work and such, but if we kill the planet on the way, then yes i do have some questions. an entire BAN i think is stupid but we need to find way to accomplish what is needed just the same. the dems just want to ban everything and that i am against.

finding better solutions i'm for. but say that and suddenly you're against the environment.
Fracking is absolutely safe and harmless to the environment. Making some cracks in rock that is 15,000 feet down isn't going to harm anything.

Disagreed

Disagreed

Disagreed

Fracking Can Contaminate Drinking Water

Here’s another
The EPA said it doesn't.

wrong.

I spent twenty two years in the oil and gas industry. A arge part of it in management and consulting. Not all areas use nitrogen. In fact most areas only use nitrogen to clean wells out after fracking has been done.

Fracking uses water, oil, or diesel under pressure to force open existing fractures in oil bearing rock. Sand or other elements ( man made sand, and others nicknamed prop) are then added to the fluid which is forced into the fractures. Once the pressure is released the prop remains lodged in the fractures to prop the tight formation open. This allows the oil to flow more freely. Years ago the pressure would be allowed to leak off almost instantly. That meant most of the prop was washed out and the fractures would slam shut. Fracking had to be done more often on the same well. The areas that did remain open with this technique would become more and more porous which meant little to no idea where the fluid was going.

The current situation is to allow the pressure to slowly bleed away. In most cases a day or longer. That means more prop left in the fractures. More fractures left open. The number of times a well must be fracked over its lifetime is greatly reduced and a responsible consultant or operator will better understand and be able to control what part of the area around the well and the geological formations are affected.

Lots of people like to think that everyone involved in the oil and gas industry are just interested in killing our environment and the planet. The largest part understand that we have to do things that are environmentally friendly and balance that with our energy needs while making a living for themselves and their families.
you were way more into the details than i ever got to. i was just a pipe beater who had to stand next to the rig while we fracked. one winter it was like -10* F and a runny nose would freeze in minutes. but i did get to see the geologists get in and out of the trucks from time to time. :)

i am *not* for banning fracking. i do believe a lot of it is misunderstood and no one wants to just tear shit up to get to oil. no one i ever met anyway. if we can continue to refine it and make it less harmful, great. and i think we have since then, if even not doing it at the time.

appreciate the info.

wrong.

Fracking is absolutely safe and harmless to the environment. Making some cracks in rock that is 15,000 feet down isn't going to harm anything.
well i do know oklahoma and other places who "Frac" experience more earthquakes than we ever had before, that i am aware of. HOWEVER, i am not saying it's only fracking or fracking is involved. but it does stand to question whether or not it contributes to it. i'll keep digging and see what the intelligent convo going on can provide, insight wise.

wrong.

you were way more into the details than i ever got to. i was just a pipe beater who had to stand next to the rig while we fracked. one winter it was like -10* F and a runny nose would freeze in minutes. but i did get to see the geologists get in and out of the trucks from time to time. :)

i am *not* for banning fracking. i do believe a lot of it is misunderstood and no one wants to just tear shit up to get to oil. no one i ever met anyway. if we can continue to refine it and make it less harmful, great. and i think we have since then, if even not doing it at the time.

appreciate the info.
It's already "refined" and totally harmless.

Forum List

Back