Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? If the Republicans truly DID believe in small government, then why did the government balloon up under Jr.? .

Very simple dear, 1) Bush was not a real Republican and the electorate were not majority real Republicans and 2) Jr was not the govt he was just the president.

Do you have the IQ to understand??

Was it Vitteresque involving a diaper and poop or
Really? If the Republicans truly DID believe in small government, then why did the government balloon up under Jr.? .

Very simple dear, 1) Bush was not a real Republican and the electorate were not majority real Republicans and 2) Jr was not the govt he was just the president.

Do you have the IQ to understand??
You're a real hoot Edward:)

Just heard on TV that it involves a relationship with a man. There will be no prosecution for that because of the statute of limitations. Hastert still faces lying to the FBI.

Just heard on TV that it involves a relationship with a man. There will be no prosecution for that because of the statute of limitations. Hastert still faces lying to the FBI.

He allegedly molested a boy he coached on the wrestling team. I know you're happier than a pig in shit, but lets remember he's innocent until otherwise proven not so.

Hastert s payments linked to sexual abuse New York Times NOLA.com

WASHINGTON -- The New York Times reported Friday (May 29) that former Speaker Dennis Hastert paid a man to keep secret that he had sexually abused him decades ago, according to two people briefed on the evidence uncovered in an F.B.I. investigation.

The Times reported that the man told the FBI that he was inappropriately touched by Hastert when Hastert he was a high school teacher and wrestling coach in Illinois, the two sources said. You can read the Times story here.
<more>

Ahhh, the irony of this...

150528174433-01-hastert-1999-super-169.jpg

Dennis Hastert in 2001: sworn-in as Speaker of the HOR, to defend the US Constitution. Uhuh.​

Patriot Act That Dennis Hastert Passed Led To His Indictment

On Oct. 24, 2001, then-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) shepherded the Patriot Act through the House of Representatives. It passed 357 to 66, advancing to the Senate and then-President George W. Bush’s desk for signing.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert.

Ahhh, irony.

And so, we see yet another Republican embroiled in something illegal.

Yesiree, the GOP: party of high ethics, morals and family values.

Discuss: what do you think will happen to Hastert?
Good. Everyone who voted for that fascist law should be in prison.

Dennis Hastert in 2001: sworn-in as Speaker of the HOR, to defend the US Constitution. Uhuh.​

On Oct. 24, 2001, then-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) shepherded the Patriot Act through the House of Representatives. It passed 357 to 66, advancing to the Senate and then-President George W. Bush’s desk for signing.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert.

Ahhh, irony.

Sorry Stat, but it's not true.

The "Bank Secrecy Act of 1970" (BSA) is the law that ensnared him. Specifically a provision that was enacted in 1992 (the Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act) that requires banks to report "suspicious" acts to FinCen. The bank reported Hastert to the FBI after he made a great number of withdrawals slightly below the $10K reporting limit. Then he lied to the FBI about what he was doing with the money. End of story.

The "patriot Act" angle may get tongues wagging and sell lots of newspapers along the way, but it baseless hyperbole.

:thup:

Ahhh, irony.

LOL, I don't know if he's guilty or not but he probably would have been better served if he exercised his Fifth Amendment rights and "lawyer-ed up" before answering any questions.

Ahhh, irony.

The "Bank Secrecy Act of 1970" (BSA) is the law that ensnared him. Specifically a provision that was enacted in 1992 (the Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act) that requires banks to report "suspicious" acts to FinCen. The bank reported Hastert to the FBI after he made a great number of withdrawals slightly below the $10K reporting limit. Then he lied to the FBI about what he was doing with the money. End of story.

The "patriot Act" angle may get tongues wagging and sell lots of newspapers along the way, but it baseless hyperbole.

That law is blatantly unconstitutional. It violates the 4th Amendment.

Ahhh, irony.

That law is blatantly unconstitutional. It violates the 4th Amendment.

I agree. That's why I support Rand Paul.

Sorry, but modern day Republicans are nothing like the founders of the Republican party. .

you mean Jefferson believed in freedom from big liberal govt but modern Republicans don't?

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance? What other conclusion is possible?

Really? If the Republicans truly DID believe in small government, then why did the government balloon up under Jr.? Ever hear of Homeland Security? That is a HUGE government agency created by Republicans under Jr.
True.

Bigger, more intrusive government, a huge Federal budget deficit, two failed, illegal wars – the last thing America needs is republican 'small government.'

Hastert s payments linked to sexual abuse New York Times NOLA.com

WASHINGTON -- The New York Times reported Friday (May 29) that former Speaker Dennis Hastert paid a man to keep secret that he had sexually abused him decades ago, according to two people briefed on the evidence uncovered in an F.B.I. investigation.

The Times reported that the man told the FBI that he was inappropriately touched by Hastert when Hastert he was a high school teacher and wrestling coach in Illinois, the two sources said. You can read the Times story here.
<more>
And again, republicans have only themselves to blame for any ridicule they might sustain because of this, the consequence of being the party of 'family values.'

Hastert is the Jerry Sandusky of the GOP

Last edited:
I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...
It's also a failed attempt to deflect thing.

Well, I guess it was worth him paying all the money. He became one of the most powerful people in Washington and became a very wealthy man, all the while paying his victim off. Just another Hypocrite from the party with "family morals."

Ahhh, irony.

In the book of gay...all he did was love someone...what does that have to do with being a patriot. It has to do with being just another weirdo from Illinois.

I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...
Hey dumbshit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I said "assuming he is guilty". What more do you want? I'm not obligated to read your fucking link, ok? I already saw the story. I guess your personal attack was to avoid responding to my comment about Obama's criminal cabinet, huh?

Thank you for proving my point.

Righties can't read, they can't process information, they absolutely can't discern and they can't put together a cogent argument without knuckledragging. All they can do is grunt in between scratching their small balls.

If Obama's cabinet is criminal, why have charges not been filed? Hmmm...

Oh, let me guess: you think the DOJ is criminal, too.

You missed the entire point of the OP, but being a Rightie, I expected that you would.

Righties: too predictable.
BINGO, fucktard! Thank you for proving MY point. Now I'll leave and let this thread die of loneliness. :lol:
Translation: I'm getting my ass handed to me so it is time to run away.
Translation: I don't have anything of substance to say so I'll just be Stat's cheerleader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back