Denzel Washington Recognizes A Debt

I knew there was a reason that Denzel Washington was one of my favs.

1." Denzel Washington to College Grads: 'Put God First'

2. ... delivering the commencement speech at Dillard University on Sunday, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington told the college graduates to "put God first" in everything they do, adding that everything he has accomplished in this life was due to "the grace of God."

3. "Everything you think you see in me, everything I’ve accomplished, everything you think I have – and I have a few things," said Washington. "Everything that I have is by the grace of God. Understand that. It’s a gift."

4. ... the star of such films as Malcolm X, Training Day, Glory, The Book of Eli, and The Equalizer, said, “When I was young and started really making it as an actor, I came and talked to my mother and said, ‘Mom, did you think this was going to happen? I’d be so big and I’ll be able to take care of everybody and I can do this and I can do that.’"

5. "She said, ‘Boy, stop it right there, stop it right there, stop it right there!" he continued. "She said, ‘If you only knew how many people been praying for you.’

6. how many prayer talks she gave, how many times she splashed me with holy water to save my sorry behind."

7. "'I’ll tell you what you can do by yourself: Go outside and get a mop and bucket and clean these windows – you can do that by yourself, superstar.’"

8. ... I’m saying that because I want to congratulate all the parents and friends and family and aunties and uncles and grandmother and grandfathers, all the people that helped you get to where you are today," Washington told the graduates.

9. He reminded that crowd that no matter how much you attain in material goods, "you will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse."

10 ...."I pray that you put your slippers under your bed tonight, so that when you wake up in the morning you have to get on your knees to reach them."

And while you’re down there, say thank you,"
Denzel Washington to College Grads Put God First

Then there was this....
‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration"
I Me My Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration
I thought you hated Obama? Denzel voted for Obama.

This represents an excellent example of your inability to incorporate logic in your posts.

I teach you so very many things, so let's include the wisdom of the first Republican President, as it may help you understand what is so glaring simple-minded in your post.

Ready?

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong."
Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (October 16, 1854),

Denzel has never made a good movie. I dare anybody to name one.
Man On Fire is one for starters.

The Book of Eli

Damn a shorter list would be what bad movies has he made?
Two massive yawns on those, brah.
I guess that would interesting news if your opinion mattered but it doesnt so its not.
Black people don't make good movies or stars.
White people make good simians.

You gonna let him get away with that???????

I'll hold your coat.

I love it when you blacks and whites fight!

I knew there was a reason that Denzel Washington was one of my favs.

1." Denzel Washington to College Grads: 'Put God First'

2. ... delivering the commencement speech at Dillard University on Sunday, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington told the college graduates to "put God first" in everything they do, adding that everything he has accomplished in this life was due to "the grace of God."

3. "Everything you think you see in me, everything I’ve accomplished, everything you think I have – and I have a few things," said Washington. "Everything that I have is by the grace of God. Understand that. It’s a gift."

4. ... the star of such films as Malcolm X, Training Day, Glory, The Book of Eli, and The Equalizer, said, “When I was young and started really making it as an actor, I came and talked to my mother and said, ‘Mom, did you think this was going to happen? I’d be so big and I’ll be able to take care of everybody and I can do this and I can do that.’"

5. "She said, ‘Boy, stop it right there, stop it right there, stop it right there!" he continued. "She said, ‘If you only knew how many people been praying for you.’

6. how many prayer talks she gave, how many times she splashed me with holy water to save my sorry behind."

7. "'I’ll tell you what you can do by yourself: Go outside and get a mop and bucket and clean these windows – you can do that by yourself, superstar.’"

8. ... I’m saying that because I want to congratulate all the parents and friends and family and aunties and uncles and grandmother and grandfathers, all the people that helped you get to where you are today," Washington told the graduates.

9. He reminded that crowd that no matter how much you attain in material goods, "you will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse."

10 ...."I pray that you put your slippers under your bed tonight, so that when you wake up in the morning you have to get on your knees to reach them."

And while you’re down there, say thank you,"
Denzel Washington to College Grads Put God First

Then there was this....
‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration"
I Me My Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration
There is tremendous power in being thankful. It really is the only way to get through difficulties.

Gratitude and courage are two of the rarest human characteristics.

His father was a holy roller preacher and Denzel has said he planned to do the same. He supported President Obama. And he's a good actor.

So?
If his mother was splashing holy water on him he is a Catholic, Luddly, not a Holy Roller. The Catholic priests have taken to calling themselves Pastors in some churches but it is still Catholicism.

Whatever. Its all the same.

An insurance policy that never pays off. You pay, tithe, pay some more, die and rot in your grave. Nobody ever comes back to tell us any different.
Edgar Cayce's Life | The Sleeping Prophet | Psychic | Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. | Edgar Cayce's A.R.E.

Why am I not surprised that you would say that? You really must be miserable.
Name me an awesome black movie star, and some great movies made by black people.

They do, however, make great musicians. :D
Isn't it a little late to try to be digging yourself out of the racist hole you dug for yourself?
Just stating a fact. And it looks like you can't even name a great movie made by a black. Or a great actor (hint: Denzel ain't it).
You must be confused by what a fact is.
The fact is, you can't come up with anything. :lol:
The fact is that you are a toxic person.

The 10 giveaway signs of a toxic person - and how to handle them - Talented Ladies Club

Name me an awesome black movie star, and some great movies made by black people.

They do, however, make great musicians. :D
Isn't it a little late to try to be digging yourself out of the racist hole you dug for yourself?
Just stating a fact. And it looks like you can't even name a great movie made by a black. Or a great actor (hint: Denzel ain't it).

The 10 giveaway signs of a toxic person - and how to handle them - Talented Ladies Club
Are you a talented lady?

Are you a talented lady?
As much as you are.

Man On Fire is one for starters.

The Book of Eli

Damn a shorter list would be what bad movies has he made?
I guess that would interesting news if your opinion mattered but it doesnt so its not.

I'll hold your coat.

Get away with what? Cave chimp gibberish is not really doing anything to me.

I'll hold your coat.

Seems like Dr. Wade Nobles promotes external locus of control and single parent families. That has worked so well for the black community, don't you think?

90.04.06: The African-American Family inCrisis

I'll hold your coat.

Seems like Dr. Wade Nobles promotes external locus of control and single parent families. That has worked so well for the black community, don't you think?

Depends. Single parent homes are just some stat white people made up. Many times just because the father or mother doesnt live there 100% of the time or they arent married they call it "single parent". Come to find out that Black men not in the home are better parents than other races. I honestly think the only crisis is Blacks adopting white philosophy to define what is important to them in a system where they are discriminated against which frustrates them and damages their home life.

Take the civil rights movement. All those people killed and hurt and the only thing Black people really got out of it was the right to spend their money in white owned businesses and vote for white people to run the country.

I'll hold your coat.

Depends. Single parent homes are just some stat white people made up. Many times just because the father or mother doesnt live there 100% of the time or they arent married they call it "single parent". Come to find out that Black men not in the home are better parents than other races. I honestly think the only crisis is Blacks adopting white philosophy to define what is important to them in a system where they are discriminated against which frustrates them and damages their home life.

Take the civil rights movement. All those people killed and hurt and the only thing Black people really got out of it was the right to spend their money in white owned businesses and vote for white people to run the country.
Back in the 30's the percentage of two parent black families exceeded that of white families. If you want to know why black communities have been decimated, look no further for the cause. Or you could just keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

I'll hold your coat.

Back in the 30's the percentage of two parent black families exceeded that of white families. If you want to know why black communities have been decimated, look no further for the cause. Or you could just keep doing the same thing and expect different results.
The cause is whites with their laws and selective enforcement and Blacks with forgetting what they did prior to civil rights to survive.

I'll hold your coat.

The cause is whites with their laws and selective enforcement and Blacks with forgetting what they did prior to civil rights to survive.
I see you have chosen the latter. Good luck with that. I have not seen too many victim mentality solutions work.

I see you have chosen the latter. Good luck with that. I have not seen too many victim mentality solutions work.
Acknowledging the cause isnt a victims mentality. Its taking note of of what happened. Its the extremely intelligent process of not just figuring out where you fell down.... but what actually caused you to fall.

A victims mentality would be using that as a reason to do nothing but cry instead of getting to work and avoiding whites as much as possible.

Acknowledging the cause isnt a victims mentality. Its taking note of of what happened. Its the extremely intelligent process of not just figuring out where you fell down.... but what actually caused you to fall.
Maybe, but if that were the case then why hasn't the problem been solved? Because it seems like a crutch to me.

Maybe, but if that were the case then why hasn't the problem been solved? Because it seems like a crutch to me.
In my specific case and in the cases of the people I inspire the problem has been solved. That doesnt mean I am content with others of my race engaging in self defeating behavior and living poor lives. I teach them to shake the white mans philosophy, stop blaming whites, and get their asses to work. Thats why the vast majority of Black are making it.

In my specific case and in the cases of the people I inspire the problem has been solved. That doesnt mean I am content with others of my race engaging in self defeating behavior and living poor lives. I teach them to shake the white mans philosophy, stop blaming whites, and get their asses to work. Thats why the vast majority of Black are making it.
That's pretty good advice. What is the white man's philosophy? What does living poor lives mean?

That's pretty good advice. What is the white man's philosophy? What does living poor lives mean?
IMO the white man is at odds with nature, peace, and civilization. They are ruled by money and trinkets in an attempt soothe their inferiority complex. They create barriers for those that naturally are better than them and either omit the facts from their historical documents or outright lie about them. They are the epitome of living poor. That is a life without true meaning or true legacy.

IMO the white man is at odds with nature, peace, and civilization. They are ruled by money and trinkets in an attempt soothe their inferiority complex. They create barriers for those that naturally are better than them and either omit the facts from their historical documents or outright lie about them. They are the epitome of living poor. That is a life without true meaning or true legacy.
What is the black man's philosophy?

What is the black man's philosophy?
Pretty much the opposite of whites I would say. Our civilizations were based on knowledge, science, math, and living with nature not in defiance of it.

Forum List

Back