Deplorables......and Trump U. students...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
With the exception of the racist, homophobic and xenophobic elements, there is actually much more commonalities between those scammed Trump u. students and the so-called deplorables (half of Trump's supporters.)

Both camps have fallen for the charlatan's siren call of easy answers for their respective, perceived plights........and like those Trump u. students, the deplorables will be crying FOUL if the Trumpster ever gained the oval office for the next 4 years.

With the exception of the racist, homophobic and xenophobic elements, there is actually much more commonalities between those scammed Trump u. students and the so-called deplorables (half of Trump's supporters.)

Both camps have fallen for the charlatan's siren call of easy answers for their respective, perceived plights........and like those Trump u. students, the deplorables will be crying FOUL if the Trumpster ever gained the oval office for the next 4 years.
A lot of Trump's supporters don't care about the fact that he contradicts himself on nearly every issue on a regular basis. They instead grab a soundbite they like, and claim that's his position. Once he's elected I have no idea what he'll do because there's literally nothing there to tell me. No public voting record and no consistent message on anything, even immigration.

And the transition from "they are stupid" to "they are evil" that Hillary went for rebounds back to "they are stupid"

A lot of Trump's supporters don't care about the fact that he contradicts himself on nearly every issue on a regular basis. They instead grab a soundbite they like, and claim that's his position. Once he's elected I have no idea what he'll do because there's literally nothing there to tell me. No public voting record and no consistent message on anything, even immigration.

It's all the hallmarks of a Populist movement. It's ironic that progressives go on and on about change. but its only change in one direction, i.e. more government, less freedom. Trump's change, even if only a mirage is change from the actual current status quo, which IS change to more government, less freedom.

I'm not sure he is going to roll that back (probably not) but his Change would be actual Change", and that is what people are buying into.

Trump says he doesn't settle. And yet, he paid a settlement. So he was wrong.

Remember, Trump had to be shamed into paying the money he promised to veterans.

Great leaders do not talk about details. They project a "vision" for the organization, and rely on well-selected underlings to do the detail-work to implement the vision.

Trump's vision is fairly clear, despite his severe case of Blitherer's Disease.

Whether it is Immigration, the Economy, the Regulatory State or whatever: (a) America comes first, and (a-1) the American people come first. Everything he says supports that Vision.

The Left (represented currently by HRC) seeks to increase the power of (1) itself, and (2) the Federal Government, and DOES NOT CARE how its initiatives impact the U.S., or its citizens. It is fueled by a cornucopia of lies and misrepresentations, because if the Left were honest about its intentions, NOBODY would vote Democrat.

It's all the hallmarks of a Populist movement. It's ironic that progressives go on and on about change. but its only change in one direction, i.e. more government, less freedom. Trump's change, even if only a mirage is change from the actual current status quo, which IS change to more government, less freedom.

I'm not sure he is going to roll that back (probably not) but his Change would be actual Change", and that is what people are buying into.
No, I get Trump is a populist movement, and those are always weird mob driven things. But populist movements almost always bring more government, not less. A lot of the things that Trump supporters like (Bring back jobs, Build a Wall, Get Respect Globally) are all big government things. It'll take money and bureaucracy to build a wall, more to actually deport folks and make it work. Bringing back factory jobs simply isn't going to happen period. But if you want to try to force it to happen you'll have to shift that tax burden to citizens, break unions, and legislate like hell to make tariffs bad enough to bring back factories and then force them to hire instead of automate. And Respect Globally? If you're not going to do that through Diplomacy, you do that through Military Might and that requires more money, more bureaucracy, etc.

He's not small government, he's big government.

Great leaders do not talk about details. They project a "vision" for the organization, and rely on well-selected underlings to do the detail-work to implement the vision.

Trump's vision is fairly clear, despite his severe case of Blitherer's Disease.

Whether it is Immigration, the Economy, the Regulatory State or whatever: (a) America comes first, and (a-1) the American people come first. Everything he says supports that Vision.

The Left (represented currently by HRC) seeks to increase the power of (1) itself, and (2) the Federal Government, and DOES NOT CARE how its initiatives impact the U.S., or its citizens. It is fueled by a cornucopia of lies and misrepresentations, because if the Left were honest about its intentions, NOBODY would vote Democrat.
He cares for the American people as much as any demagogue ever cares for their followers. No more, no less.

His victims? White, middle class Americans who were only trying to be successful like the man they admire.

They are Trump's base.

Check out the video's of those he scammed. These aren't crazy people. They are credible white middle class.

No, I get Trump is a populist movement, and those are always weird mob driven things. But populist movements almost always bring more government, not less. A lot of the things that Trump supporters like (Bring back jobs, Build a Wall, Get Respect Globally) are all big government things. It'll take money and bureaucracy to build a wall, more to actually deport folks and make it work. Bringing back factory jobs simply isn't going to happen period. But if you want to try to force it to happen you'll have to shift that tax burden to citizens, break unions, and legislate like hell to make tariffs bad enough to bring back factories and then force them to hire instead of automate. And Respect Globally? If you're not going to do that through Diplomacy, you do that through Military Might and that requires more money, more bureaucracy, etc.

He may be big government, but he is big government for big things. progressives are big government for small things that affect small groups of people, like forcing States to issue marriage licenses to SS couples (when just forcing the States to recognize any legal license from other States would suffice), setting bathroom policies, or attempting to set up rigid gun control throughout the country when most people don't want these things.

i.e. more government, less freedom.

Never fully understood THAT "logic"......The reality is that as soon as we began abiding by the Constitution we "lost" freedoms. That is the price of living in a communal society.
Heck, stopping at a red light with my car IS a "loss of my freedom."

Well stated.....But let me add this also....

Trump is under the moronic impression that he could run this country like he runs a corporation.....and that is tantamount to a despotic attitude which will NEVER work within our representative democracy.......
Truman once stated that Eisenhower, when he became president might have thought that barking an order to his generals would be enough to get things done, but barking an order from the oval office is quite different.
Look at the criticisms of Obama for his executive orders, AND look at the results of many EOs that lack the funding to implement them since funding is a congressional function.

(when just forcing the States to recognize any legal license from other States would suffice

Yes, the Full Faith and Credit Clause already serves that function...Nothing has changed that premise, all that Obama has done is to REMIND errant, conservative states of the above Clause.

And the transition from "they are stupid" to "they are evil" that Hillary went for rebounds back to "they are stupid"
Since when does 'deplorable' equal 'evil.' The term evil is not a synonym for the term deplorable.

deplorable
dɪˈplɔːrəb(ə)l/disgraceful, shameful, dishonourable, disreputable, discreditable, unworthy, shabby, inexcusable, unpardonable, unforgivable.

As you will also note, the term 'stupid' is not a synonym for 'deplorable.' Hillary is very well educated. When she says 'deplorable,' it is most likely she means 'deplorable.' Not 'evil,' not 'stupid.'

...like forcing States to issue marriage licenses to SS couples (when just forcing the States to recognize any legal license from other States would suffice)...

That was a clear overstep by the Supreme Court and done by majority decision at that level. It's also unfortunate because the correct ruling was the one you pointed out: Rule all states and corporations have to respect Marriage licenses issued in any state via the Full Faith and Credit clause. As we have done since the founding of the country. There. Done.

Actually, the above describes the failures of most despots.........A "vision" without the means and powers of implementation is nothing but demagoguery.....

Anyone can say, "I will make things so much better that you'll get tired of winning....believe me" (almost an actual quote by Trump)....but anyone who stops from asking, "HOW the hell can you pull that off," is an idiot.

Ah...the Race Card Card.

Forum List

Back