Despite threat, Republicans block election security bills

So......I'm not sure why it wouldn't be prudent to add extra protections to our elections. Shouldn't this be an issue we all can agree on?

I suppose you need to ask McConnell. His priorities are, in this order: to keep his wife's job save; keep his job; and to never let any legislation passed by the current majority in the People's House come to a vote, in what has become the chamber for the !%ers and Corporate America.

In short, McConnell is a shill for the very well off few, and an enemy of the people.

Are you accusing McConnell of acting like Harry Reid?

Not at all,
Reid's retired, McConnell ain't. Reid was a man of the people, McConnell is in it for himself.

“Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

No way! Other nations have also figured out how to dupe stupid Democrats via Facebook trolling???

You're kinda dense, it was people like you who voted for trump, and continue to defend what is the most incompetent and biggest bully to every occupy the office of the President.

Poor thing, are you triggered? LMAO

That turtle faced mother fucker lacks any principles whatsoever. He called the bills “partisan” because of course he did. His base will of course blindly agree.

#MoscowMitch trends after McConnell blocks election security bills

For those who think these bills are unnecessary for some bizarre reason, don’t you think they should at least be voted on?

Maybe he'd support it if it included universal voter ID?
Maybe he’d support if it gave his class another tax cut. Maybe he’d support it if Pelosi dressed as a clown for a day. Who the fuck knows. Maybe he could just be an adult and let the senate vote on it?

He didn't block a vote, he blocked passage by unanimous consent.

During the hearing featuring Robert Mueller, special counsel for the 400-page Mueller Report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who previously served in the CIA, said Russia posed a “significant threat” as it increased the frequency and intensity of its active measures.

Mueller agreed, adding that in 2020, the threat wouldn’t be coming from Russia alone. “Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

“The Russians are absolutely intent on trying to interfere with our elections,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said on Tuesday.

CNN reports, "The Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday released a wide-ranging report that detailed Russia's attempts to hack US election infrastructure during the 2016 election, urging states and the federal government to do more to prevent election cyberattacks in the future.

"The 67-page bipartisan report concluded that the Russian government "directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure" from 2014 through 2017.

"Based on what the IC knows about Russia's operating procedures and intentions more broadly, the IC assesses that Russia's activities against U.S. election infrastructure likely sought to further their overarching goal; undermining the integrity of elections and American confidence in democracy," it states."

"This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won," President Donald Trump.

Never one to question the President on anything, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked two election security measures on Thursday, arguing Democrats are trying to give themselves a "political benefit," so says The Hill.

“Clearly this request is not a serious effort to make a law. Clearly something so partisan that it only received one single solitary Republican vote in the House is not going to travel through the Senate by unanimous consent,” McConnell said.

Okay. Now the question becomes, Senator, you have enjoyed a Republican majority for over 30 months, for two years you had the assistance of a Republican controlled House, and we have been aware of this problem for over four years, where is the Republican bill(s) for election security?

There is an abundance of evidence from your own Senate Intelligence Committee that the problem has not gone away.

Is it because the boss won't allow it? He thinks it is all a "made-up story."

Moscow_Mitch.JPG
How did McConnel block Obama from warning anyone about anything?

During the hearing featuring Robert Mueller, special counsel for the 400-page Mueller Report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who previously served in the CIA, said Russia posed a “significant threat” as it increased the frequency and intensity of its active measures.

Mueller agreed, adding that in 2020, the threat wouldn’t be coming from Russia alone. “Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

“The Russians are absolutely intent on trying to interfere with our elections,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said on Tuesday.

CNN reports, "The Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday released a wide-ranging report that detailed Russia's attempts to hack US election infrastructure during the 2016 election, urging states and the federal government to do more to prevent election cyberattacks in the future.

"The 67-page bipartisan report concluded that the Russian government "directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure" from 2014 through 2017.

"Based on what the IC knows about Russia's operating procedures and intentions more broadly, the IC assesses that Russia's activities against U.S. election infrastructure likely sought to further their overarching goal; undermining the integrity of elections and American confidence in democracy," it states."

"This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won," President Donald Trump.

Never one to question the President on anything, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked two election security measures on Thursday, arguing Democrats are trying to give themselves a "political benefit," so says The Hill.

“Clearly this request is not a serious effort to make a law. Clearly something so partisan that it only received one single solitary Republican vote in the House is not going to travel through the Senate by unanimous consent,” McConnell said.

Okay. Now the question becomes, Senator, you have enjoyed a Republican majority for over 30 months, for two years you had the assistance of a Republican controlled House, and we have been aware of this problem for over four years, where is the Republican bill(s) for election security?

There is an abundance of evidence from your own Senate Intelligence Committee that the problem has not gone away.

Moscow_Mitch.JPG
How did McConnel block Obama from warning anyone about anything?

I'll take liberal lies for $800 Alex.

That turtle faced mother fucker lacks any principles whatsoever. He called the bills “partisan” because of course he did. His base will of course blindly agree.

#MoscowMitch trends after McConnell blocks election security bills

For those who think these bills are unnecessary for some bizarre reason, don’t you think they should at least be voted on?

Maybe he'd support it if it included universal voter ID?
Maybe he’d support if it gave his class another tax cut. Maybe he’d support it if Pelosi dressed as a clown for a day. Who the fuck knows. Maybe he could just be an adult and let the senate vote on it?

Maybe he could just be an adult and let the senate vote on it?

Nah.
Yeah, you’re a fascist when it comes to your own politics. We are used to that.

I asked Harry Reid, he said you can suck it.

Russia poses little threat to our elections. It’s all bs, but millions now believe.
What info do you have that supports your claim of “it’s all bs”?
I’d rather trust the info from a real patriot, like Mueller and top Intelligence officers.
The election for the President is run by each Individual State not the Federal Government. The election for House and senate again are STATE elections. The only input the House and Senate have is in seating those elected. They have NO SAY at all in the election process. The Only say the Federal Government has is on what date the election will be held. The Federal Government can NOT dictate to the States what equipment they use what districts they chose or in what manner each Individual State chooses to allot the votes. Congress has NO CONSTITUTIONAL Authority to intervene in State Business.
You missed my point about the role the Federal gov plays in National Security. If Russia hacks a State’s election system, then the Feds get involved.
The Feds assist the States! The Feds deal with International threats, as does the US Military and National Guard.

Yeah, congress allotted 305 million to assist States a couple of years ago, all of that money hasn't been spent, and they want to throw another 700+ million at it. And for what?

Dead Dem voters in Chicago aren't just going to dig themselves up......

So......I'm not sure why it wouldn't be prudent to add extra protections to our elections. Shouldn't this be an issue we all can agree on?

I suppose you need to ask McConnell. His priorities are, in this order: to keep his wife's job save; keep his job; and to never let any legislation passed by the current majority in the People's House come to a vote, in what has become the chamber for the !%ers and Corporate America.

In short, McConnell is a shill for the very well off few, and an enemy of the people.

Not at all,
Reid's retired, McConnell ain't. Reid was a man of the people, McConnell is in it for himself.
Classic tribalist partisan bullshit.

The duopoly rules because of you.

Moscow_Mitch.JPG

Is Trump gonna win 40 states next year? LOL!

Not at all,

And you're a liar, nuff said. Reid stood in the well of the senate and lied about Romney's taxes. He did so because he knew Romney couldn't sue his ass for libel, he was protected. Reid was a partisan hack and as unethical as you claim Trump to be.

Let me repeat

Obama said it’s impossible to rig an election.

Here, you emotional lefties who never deal in facts. I am posting the fucking video.

OBAMA.......SAYING ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO RIG THE ELECTION.

IS HE LYING OR IS HE A FUCKING TWAT?

Why won’t the lefties on the board respond?

I posted the video. Is Obama lying or is he stupid?

It’s one or the other.

Otherwise, why did we have the Mueller investigation?

Let me repeat

Here, you emotional lefties who never deal in facts. I am posting the fucking video.

It’s right here. Why won’t you lefties respond to it?

Barack Hussein Obama declared that it is impossible to compromise a POTUS election.
The video is right there.

Was he lying or is he stupid?

Let me repeat

How many times do I need to post this?

Obama said you can’t hack an election.

I am not a cvnt leftie with no proof, I posted the fucking video,

Let me repeat

Barack Hussein Obama declared that it is impossible to compromise a POTUS election.

I'll take this one but I'd like to say on the record that I'm not a "lefty" at least not completely.

Evening Colonel - I don't want to say he was lying although that is certainly a possibility. Perhaps he was advised that the election, at that period in time, could not be rigged. I'm not sure if he had a background in voting machine building and design or an intimate knowledge of the election process.

Let me repeat

I'll take this one but I'd like to say on the record that I'm not a "lefty" at least not completely.

Evening Colonel - I don't want to say he was lying although that is certainly a possibility. Perhaps he was advised that the election, at that period in time, could not be rigged. I'm not sure if he had a background in voting machine building and design or an intimate knowledge of the election process.

Perhaps. The problem is that he knew
From the summer of 2016 that perhaps the Russians were messing around with Facebook and he lied because he thought Hillary would win.

Let me repeat

From the summer of 2016 that perhaps the Russians were messing around with Facebook and he lied because he thought Hillary would win.

That's certainly an option too. If that was the plan then it backfired and hopefully will be a deterrent for other leaders when faced with that same situation.

Let me repeat

Wrong, my dear unsophisticated ignorant Repug goober.

Obama warned McConnell about it in 2016. McConnell refused to do anything about it then, just like he refuses to do anything about it now.

During the hearing featuring Robert Mueller, special counsel for the 400-page Mueller Report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who previously served in the CIA, said Russia posed a “significant threat” as it increased the frequency and intensity of its active measures.]

Over four years? Where was the Obama bill?

Obama did want to strengthen election security in 2016, because of the intel reports that he was receiving. He tried to get Republican leaders to perform their constitutional responsibility, but they refused. The traitor McConnell refused to support it then, just like he refuses to support it now.

Obama did want to strengthen election security in 2016, because of the intel reports that he was receiving. He tried to get Republican leaders to perform their constitutional responsibility, but they refused.

If only there had been some way for Obama to communicate his concerns to the American people...…..

Poor, weak, helpless Obama.

During the hearing featuring Robert Mueller, special counsel for the 400-page Mueller Report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who previously served in the CIA, said Russia posed a “significant threat” as it increased the frequency and intensity of its active measures.]

Over four years? Where was the Obama bill?

Obama did want to strengthen election security in 2016, because of the intel reports that he was receiving. He tried to get Republican leaders to perform their constitutional responsibility, but they refused. The traitor McConnell refused to support it then, just like he refuses to support it now.

Obama did want to strengthen election security in 2016, because of the intel reports that he was receiving. He tried to get Republican leaders to perform their constitutional responsibility, but they refused.

If only there had been some way for Obama to communicate his concerns to the American people...…..

Poor, weak, helpless Obama.

Obama was trying to be impartial, which has been widely reported. If Obama had said anything to the American public about Russian interference, intellectually dishonest Repugs like you would have cried "foul" for Obama becoming involved in the election.

Forum List

Back