🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Developing: Jordanian ‘Student’ Intentionally Slams Plane Into Downtown Conn. City

They are thinking it might have been suicide (oh wait, he's Muslim, can't be mental illness :dunno:).

Sources: Student Pilot Was Distraught, Fought With Instructor; Road Reopened

Another source said the student pilot started flying the plane erratically and the instructor fought to gain control before the crash. The source said the student was distraught and feeling stressed over his poor performance at the flight academy.

A federal official told The Courant that the crash appears to have been a case of suicide, and that nothing had been found by Wednesday evening to suggest terrorism. The official said authorities expected to clear the crash scene Wednesday night, but that FBI agents in Chicago, where the father of the student pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, lived briefly in the city's suburbs, were expected to continue to look into his background.

"Unfortunately, this looks, at this point, like an individual who wanted to end his life and used this event to do it," the official said.​

Suicide with someone else in the airplane, and tried to crash into others on the ground. That isn't suicide, it's attempted homicide.
Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or handed himself - ALONE.
That is the puzzling aspect .....he was in the plane over a populated area. The earmarks of a terrorist attack

"............. in a plane over a populated area" ---------------------- But with his freaking Flight Instructor. You want to commit suicide WITH your flight instructor? OR are you that SKILLED of a terrorist, that HIJACKING that plane FIRST - was a minimal problem? Sounds hare-brained to me. Why the complication of HIJACKING the plane?

Clues man.. Follow the clues... :badgrin: Did he hold his instructor at gunpoint and try to get him to hit a building? Because a nouveau pilot can barely cope with a runway, let alone a cityscape. OR FIND ANYTHING on the ground without experience.
Let's see you cite he was with his Flight Instructor. So what? On 9/11 for example each plane used to fly into building and kill people had a full flight staff with a locked door to keep nut jobs from entering the cockpit.

Do you have some special knowledge that the rest of us do not?

I would truly appreciate that as we can take the notion this was a possible terrorist act off the table.

They are thinking it might have been suicide (oh wait, he's Muslim, can't be mental illness :dunno:).

Another source said the student pilot started flying the plane erratically and the instructor fought to gain control before the crash. The source said the student was distraught and feeling stressed over his poor performance at the flight academy.

A federal official told The Courant that the crash appears to have been a case of suicide, and that nothing had been found by Wednesday evening to suggest terrorism. The official said authorities expected to clear the crash scene Wednesday night, but that FBI agents in Chicago, where the father of the student pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, lived briefly in the city's suburbs, were expected to continue to look into his background.

"Unfortunately, this looks, at this point, like an individual who wanted to end his life and used this event to do it," the official said.​

Suicide with someone else in the airplane, and tried to crash into others on the ground. That isn't suicide, it's attempted homicide.
Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or handed himself - ALONE.
That is the puzzling aspect .....he was in the plane over a populated area. The earmarks of a terrorist attack

"............. in a plane over a populated area" ---------------------- But with his freaking Flight Instructor. You want to commit suicide WITH your flight instructor? OR are you that SKILLED of a terrorist, that HIJACKING that plane FIRST - was a minimal problem? Sounds hare-brained to me. Why the complication of HIJACKING the plane?

Clues man.. Follow the clues... :badgrin: Did he hold his instructor at gunpoint and try to get him to hit a building? Because a nouveau pilot can barely cope with a runway, let alone a cityscape. OR FIND ANYTHING on the ground without experience.
Let's see you cite he was with his Flight Instructor. So what? On 9/11 for example each plane used to fly into building and kill people had a full flight staff with a locked door to keep nut jobs from entering the cockpit.

I would truly appreciate that as we can take the notion this was a possible terrorist act off the table.

See now. That's an organizational problem. You might need an MBA to figure that out. :rolleyes:

On 9-11, there was elaborate planning and teamwork. At least FOUR hijackers on the plane. Unless you're a classic overachiever, you probably don't want to attempt ALL those tasks yourself. Especially if you SUCK at flying an airplane.

So many Muslim apologists. Muslim man taking flight lessons, used an opportunity to attempt to crash the plane to kill others. That isn't just suicide, it's homicide. Luckily the instructor was able to fight him off and prevent any other deaths. You apologists can argue until you are blue in the face about his motives, but his actions and his background are facts.

Of course the facts don't fit some people's Agenda, so the facts must be dismissed and there must be an attempt to downplay the threat of Muslims wanting to murder. The population must be led to believe that Muslims are equal to everyone else and that they just want to live peacefully among us.

So many Muslim apologists. Muslim man taking flight lessons, used an opportunity to attempt to crash the plane to kill others. That isn't just suicide, it's homicide. Luckily the instructor was able to fight him off and prevent any other deaths. You apologists can argue until you are blue in the face about his motives, but his actions and his background are facts.

Of course the facts don't fit some people's Agenda, so the facts must be dismissed and there must be an attempt to downplay the threat of Muslims wanting to murder. The population must be led to believe that Muslims are equal to everyone else and that they just want to live peacefully among us.

No one's apologizing.

It's called - sticking to the available evidence.

Muslim Americans aren't equal to other Americans? Really?

See now. That's an organizational problem. You might need an MBA to figure that out. :rolleyes:

On 9-11, there was elaborate planning and teamwork. At least FOUR hijackers on the plane. Unless you're a classic overachiever, you probably don't want to attempt ALL those tasks yourself. Especially if you SUCK at flying an airplane.
On on one. No elaborate plan or advanced degree needed.

Who knows maybe the instructor was in on it, just a dupe or in the wrong place at the wrong time. As this story develops and more facts are known we will be able to get a definitive answer and say for sure what was going through the mind of the student.

Who knows maybe the instructor was in on it, just a dupe or in the wrong place at the wrong time. As this story develops and more facts are known we will be able to get a definitive answer and say for sure what was going through the mind of the student.

What does available evidence indicate so far?

No one's apologizing.

No they are not equal. Most are sympathetic to the ISIS cause, as well as many other terror organizations. Their values cannot coexist with US Constitutional rights. They hate freedom of speech, namely criticizing their religion and pedophile prophet......although in that sense they are much like progressives who cannot stand for criticism against their beliefs and corrupt leaders.

Note when I say "Americans", I'm not just talking about legal status and citizenship, I am talking about people who actually believe in the Constitution and freedoms and those who don't hate America and it's history.

What does available evidence indicate so far?
Suicide ....motive unknown.

No one's apologizing.

No they are not equal. Most are sympathetic to the ISIS cause, as well as many other terror organizations. Their values cannot coexist with US Constitutional rights. They hate freedom of speech, namely criticizing their religion and pedophile prophet......although in that sense they are much like progressives who cannot stand for criticism against their beliefs and corrupt leaders.

Note when I say "Americans", I'm not just talking about legal status and citizenship, I am talking about people who actually believe in the Constitution and freedoms and those who don't hate America and it's history.

Most American Muslims are sympathetic to ISIS?

I'm sorry dude, but your claims above do not correlate to actual data.

No one's apologizing.

"Actual data"? Or your imagination?

No one's apologizing.

"Actual data"? Or your imagination?

Data.

BTW -- I was correct. The Hartford Pratt-Whitney plant is IN the landing pattern for E. Hartford airport. You either go over it on take-off or landing when you are practicing "in the pattern". So the plane was NOT SEEKING out the P&W plant. It's always in the path of local traffic.
Just because it in the landing pattern it does not mean it cannot be a target.

I agree. Also, Isis has repeatedly called for lone wolf and 'small' attacks using whatever is available to the wannabe Islamic terrorist at the time, whether that be a truck, a car, a small aircraft, or simply a hand held weapon such as a machete.
Such attacks have been referred to as local community terrorism or something similar, and they are likely to increase in number as security forces get better at foiling the more elaborate plots.

In these type of attacks it isn't necessarily the scale of the damage, the number of casualties, or the sophistication in planning that are paramount, it is the psychological damage caused by the perception that such attacks are wholly unpredictable in nature and are therefore unstoppable - in that they require only single operatives and small groups going jihadi who do not target Iconic landmarks, but rather the local nightclub, beach front, high street etc.

Local soft targets are easier to case, no elaborate planning is required, no bomb making skills are required, large teams and risky communication is not required, negligible funds and little time is required - and they remain under the radar and are therefore more likely to be successful.

We don't yet know the motivation for this guy crashing the aircraft.
We do know it is believed to be intentional and maybe a young fit 28 year old thought he'd have no trouble overpowering the instructor in order to be able to crash the plane, cause some casualties and inflict some damage - which he did.

It is completely natural for people to suspect lone wolf type Islamic terrorism, just as it is natural for the authorities not to rule this out and to investigate for this possibility - it is probably the first thing that crosses their minds too. Why people get their knickers in a twist over people subconsciously looking for patterns in events - a completely natural process - is beyond me.

Last edited:
BTW -- I was correct. The Hartford Pratt-Whitney plant is IN the landing pattern for E. Hartford airport. You either go over it on take-off or landing when you are practicing "in the pattern". So the plane was NOT SEEKING out the P&W plant. It's always in the path of local traffic.
Easier to do the equivalent of 'casing the joint'.

Easier to do the equivalent of 'casing the joint'.
Not only that, but a lot easier to target that which is included in the flight pattern.

I agree. Also, Isis has repeatedly called for lone wolf and 'small' attacks using whatever is available to the wannabe Islamic terrorist at the time, whether that be a truck, a car, a small aircraft, or simply a hand held weapon such as a machete.
Such attacks have been referred to as local community terrorism or something similar, and they are likely to increase in number as security forces get better at foiling the more elaborate plots.

In these type of attacks it isn't necessarily the scale of the damage, the number of casualties, or the sophistication in planning that are paramount, it is the psychological damage caused by the perception that such attacks are wholly unpredictable in nature and are therefore unstoppable - in that they require only single operatives and small groups going jihadi who do not target Iconic landmarks, but rather the local nightclub, beach front, high street etc.

Local soft targets are easier to case, no elaborate planning is required, no bomb making skills are required, large teams and risky communication is not required, negligible funds and little time is required - and they remain under the radar and are therefore more likely to be successful.

We don't yet know the motivation for this guy crashing the aircraft.
We do know it is believed to be intentional and maybe a young fit 28 year old thought he'd have no trouble overpowering the instructor in order to be able to crash the plane, cause some casualties and inflict some damage - which he did.

It is completely natural for people to suspect lone wolf type Islamic terrorism, just as it is natural for the authorities not to rule this out and to investigate for this possibility - it is probably the first thing that crosses their minds too. Why people get their knickers in a twist over people subconsciously looking for patterns in events - a completely natural process - is beyond me.
Tilly: "Isis has repeatedly called for lone wolf and 'small' attacks using whatever is available to the wannabe Islamic terrorist at the time, whether that be a truck, a car, a small aircraft, or simply a hand held weapon such as a machete."

LOL totally agree, less conspicuous and easier to carry out missions.

Bingo! :up:

It seems like people are working very hard to make it "fit" a terrorist attack pattern rather than looking at the available evidence and going by that.

A purported photo of Feras Freitekh in the old country during happier days when he was a student plane crasher, BUT NOT A TERRORIST!

358457_img650x420_img650x420_crop.jpg

Forum List

Back