🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos to make getting away with campus rape easy again

It is insane a college is supposed to investigate a rape. This is a crime which should immediately handed over to the police.

College campuses are not sovereignties.

I don't understand why campus authorities are involved at all. Why aren't sexual assaults on campus handled by the police the same way as they are everywhere else?

Are on campus murders handles by campus security and the college administration as well?

Why? Because Obama threatened to cut off their fed funds if they didn't handle it this way, that is why! His policy removed presumption of innocence. This is America. not some 3rd world country.

You are going to have some LEFTY woman come into this thread and proclaim, "I would NEVER lie about rape."

That is fine if you want to believe HER, but because you believe HER, that doesn't mean it reflects all women. Ever hear of "mattress girl" and what she tried to pull off? How about what they tried on the Duke lacrosse team? What about Twana Brawley AND Al SHARPTON pulling their crap.

How many men want their presumption of innocence rights removed after seeing these cases? How many women are insensitive enough to want to REMOVE the presumption of innocence from all men.....................and if you do, please tell us your name so as we can advertise to stay the hell away from you. You are NOT about equality, you are about believing because you have a V-jay-jay, you are somehow special to not one man, but all men who should lay at your feet. For those of you who think you are somehow a princess because your daddy told you so, in the real world, you have a big surprise coming!

Brian Banks spent years in prison for a rape that never happened. His accuser was just ordered to pay 2.6 million dollars back to the state for suing and winning under a false report of rape.

It's gotten to common. Too many women are making these fake claims.

The police should be handling these matters, plain and simple, not the university staff. The rules of the previous administration have resulted in a lot of young men being deemed guilty by these kangaroo campus courts merely by accusation alone without evidence, and in some cases I've read, even when they've had evidence to the contrary. There have been several lawsuits filed against universities over the past couple of years by those who claim to be wrongly accused and having their Due Process rights denied. All of this has taken place due to pressure put on them by the Obama administration and De Vos is right to stop it.

Criminal matters should be handled by the police. I don't know why this is so difficult.

So if the police can't make a case, or don't want to make a case because Bubba on the local sheriff's department thought the girl was slutty going to that party, the University's should let these predators run free to rape someone else?

The reality is this...

Justice Department: Majority of campus sexual assault goes unreported to police

Only about 20 percent of campus sexual assault victims go to police, according to a new Justice Department report providing insight into why so many victims choose not to pursue criminal charges.

Some victims view the crime differently if people start blaming them and they, in turn, start to blame themselves, said Scott Berkowitz, executive director of the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, which runs a national sexual assault hotline. Or, because they are in a closed social structure where everyone knows everybody, they feel that reporting the crime would be going against their peer group, he said.

Peter Lake, a law professor at Stetson University College of Law who conducts training for colleges on the topic, said there is a disturbing cultural acceptance of this crime, leading some victims to believe what happened to them is acceptable.

Brian Banks spent years in prison for a rape that never happened. His accuser was just ordered to pay 2.6 million dollars back to the state for suing and winning under a false report of rape.

Here's the part you leave out of the story...

In the summer of 2002, Banks was arrested and charged after classmate Wanetta Gibson falsely accused him of dragging her into a stairway at Polytechnic High School (Poly) and raping her. Faced with a possible 41 years to life sentence, he accepted a plea deal that included five years in prison, five years of probation, and registering as a sex offender.

Okay- Please note the above. He had the option of trying to prove his innocence in court, but he accepted a PLEA. He admitted guilt for a crime that he did not commit.

I don't understand why campus authorities are involved at all. Why aren't sexual assaults on campus handled by the police the same way as they are everywhere else?

Are on campus murders handles by campus security and the college administration as well?

Here's the thing, the Campus can't throw you in prison, and the reality is, only about 3% of men who commit rape are ever convicted and sentenced. The figures are lower for college campuses.

Prosecutions1.png

So the universities relying on the police to protect their students isn't a great move.

Again, University's are businesses today. It's not good business to keep someone on campus who is a danger to the other customers.

Betsy DeVos Plans to Weaken Obama’s Campus Sexual Assault Rules

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

Damn! Do you lefties ever stop with your stupidity and hate?

Stop being a dupe for the Left elite.

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

Yep, everyone deserves to be pushed thorough a kangaroo court without due process, I mean, fuck the Constitution and actual evidence, RIGHT?

You freaking drama queens really crack me up.

Here's the part you leave out of the story...

In the summer of 2002, Banks was arrested and charged after classmate Wanetta Gibson falsely accused him of dragging her into a stairway at Polytechnic High School (Poly) and raping her. Faced with a possible 41 years to life sentence, he accepted a plea deal that included five years in prison, five years of probation, and registering as a sex offender.

Okay- Please note the above. He had the option of trying to prove his innocence in court, but he accepted a PLEA. He admitted guilt for a crime that he did not commit.
Yes. He was threatened and terrified of being railroaded into an even worse sentence. He was innocent. That his was browbeaten into accepting the plea only means he was browbeaten into accepting the plea. It didn't make him guilty.

The police should be handling these matters, plain and simple, not the university staff. The rules of the previous administration have resulted in a lot of young men being deemed guilty by these kangaroo campus courts merely by accusation alone without evidence, and in some cases I've read, even when they've had evidence to the contrary. There have been several lawsuits filed against universities over the past couple of years by those who claim to be wrongly accused and having their Due Process rights denied. All of this has taken place due to pressure put on them by the Obama administration and De Vos is right to stop it.

Criminal matters should be handled by the police. I don't know why this is so difficult.

So if the police can't make a case, or don't want to make a case because Bubba on the local sheriff's department thought the girl was slutty going to that party, the University's should let these predators run free to rape someone else?

The reality is this...

Justice Department: Majority of campus sexual assault goes unreported to police

Only about 20 percent of campus sexual assault victims go to police, according to a new Justice Department report providing insight into why so many victims choose not to pursue criminal charges.

Some victims view the crime differently if people start blaming them and they, in turn, start to blame themselves, said Scott Berkowitz, executive director of the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, which runs a national sexual assault hotline. Or, because they are in a closed social structure where everyone knows everybody, they feel that reporting the crime would be going against their peer group, he said.

Peter Lake, a law professor at Stetson University College of Law who conducts training for colleges on the topic, said there is a disturbing cultural acceptance of this crime, leading some victims to believe what happened to them is acceptable.
Your suggestion is Vigilante law?

Here's the thing, the Campus can't throw you in prison, and the reality is, only about 3% of men who commit rape are ever convicted and sentenced. The figures are lower for college campuses.

Prosecutions1.png

So the universities relying on the police to protect their students isn't a great move.

Again, University's are businesses today. It's not good business to keep someone on campus who is a danger to the other customers.
So let vigilante justice run rampant? What if I accuse you of something, it doesn't really matter what anything will do. As long as we get a high conviction rate it's all good.

Yep, everyone deserves to be pushed thorough a kangaroo court without due process, I mean, fuck the Constitution and actual evidence, RIGHT?

Two questions on the above.......

1. have you heard of anyone going to prison on the charge of rape WITHOUT a court due-process?
Someone may be expelled from a school, but going to jail without due process???

2. We have certainly employed "due process" in investigating Hillary for Whitewater and Benghazi...YET, according to you nitwits, that is NOT enough......

So, sometimes you folks like the due process and sometimes it is YOU morons who want to lynch someone based on biases.

Two questions on the above.......

1. have you heard of anyone going to prison on the charge of rape WITHOUT a court due-process?
Someone may be expelled from a school, but going to jail without due process???

2. We have certainly employed "due process" in investigating Hillary for Whitewater and Benghazi...YET, according to you nitwits, that is NOT enough......

So, sometimes you folks like the due process and sometimes it is YOU morons who want to lynch someone based on biases.

Did you notice schools aren't allowed to consider police reports in their kangaroo courts? It all boils down to one persons word against another. Not what I call justice, when a persons reputation can be ruined for the rest of their lives. There have been too many proven false allegations not to leave these investigations in the hands of the police.

Also, I tell ya what, put the evidence of what Comey found and the bitches obstruction and false statements in front of a grand jury with an unbiased prosecutor and I'll accept their decision. Not doing so proves there are different standards for the rich and powerful.

Also, I tell ya what, put the evidence of what Comey found and the bitches obstruction and false statements in front of a grand jury with an unbiased prosecutor and I'll accept their decision. Not doing so proves there are different standards for the rich and powerful.

The Whitewater investigation DID go before a Little Rock grand jury...with Ken Starr as the prosecutor who has now apologized for his calumny.

My view B DeVos is not qualified for the job, has a small limited view, serves a small portion of the population. and is a negative influence on public schools.

I thought we were innocent until proven guilty in this country

My view B DeVos is not qualified for the job, has a small limited view, serves a small portion of the population. and is a negative influence on public schools.

The public school system is the negative influence on public schools. Public schools no longer exist to serve the interests of education; they exist to serve the interests of the employees of the public schools.

No.....what they are trying to do is actually get police and law enforcement involved instead of the kangaroo campus courts that are destroying lives with false allegations and with extra legal practices....moron.

Dumb shit....they aren't doing this now......which is why they are trying to actually get this back into the legal system and out of the campus bureaucracy system.......they are holding kangaroo courts on campus made up of administrators, not police and prosecutors and they are destroying lives without due process....moron...

Forum List

Back