Dickhead Captured.

What an awful story.

If history is any judge he'll be on death row for many many years. My state has over 200 folks presently sitting on death row and we haven't executed someone since 1999. It is nothing more then an expensive threat.

Ever watch "Rectify" on cable? Deathrow in most prisons is hell on earth.....nothing in the cell but a cot, pot, and a sink. Nothing on the walls....one skinny little window you can look out of and see things living free. I'd take the needle before I'd spend the rest of my days like that.....it's more cruel than death.

Rectify TV Series 2013 - IMDb

Can't say that I have but I'll have to check it out. For me, I think knowing that you are never going to be free again is a far worse punishment then death. Besides, I am opposed to the death penalty because it isn't justice, it's vengeance in my opinion but that is a whole different fox hunt.

All justice requires a vengeance factor when there is a victim involved. Justice is a high level concept, people who have been wronged, or the survivors of a person who has been killed need a far more baser emotion quelled. The idea is to make the punishment harsh enough so the aggrieved parties do not take matters into their own hands.

Justice is just vengeance applied by the state in a controlled manner.

I don't see it that way. Society has a right to punish criminals but it doesn't have a right to vengeance. The death penalty is nothing more than vengeance masquerading as justice. Lock em' up and throw away the key.

Societies right to punish criminals flows from the people, and the people gave up the individual right to punish criminals with the understanding that the criminals would be punished to the satisfaction of the people.

If enough people desire the DP as a form of punishment, and that is taken away without their consent, they may revoke the original premise of the concept of punishment being the purview of the State.

What an awful story.

If history is any judge he'll be on death row for many many years. My state has over 200 folks presently sitting on death row and we haven't executed someone since 1999. It is nothing more then an expensive threat.

Ever watch "Rectify" on cable? Deathrow in most prisons is hell on earth.....nothing in the cell but a cot, pot, and a sink. Nothing on the walls....one skinny little window you can look out of and see things living free. I'd take the needle before I'd spend the rest of my days like that.....it's more cruel than death.

Can't say that I have but I'll have to check it out. For me, I think knowing that you are never going to be free again is a far worse punishment then death. Besides, I am opposed to the death penalty because it isn't justice, it's vengeance in my opinion but that is a whole different fox hunt.

All justice requires a vengeance factor when there is a victim involved. Justice is a high level concept, people who have been wronged, or the survivors of a person who has been killed need a far more baser emotion quelled. The idea is to make the punishment harsh enough so the aggrieved parties do not take matters into their own hands.

I don't see it that way. Society has a right to punish criminals but it doesn't have a right to vengeance. The death penalty is nothing more than vengeance masquerading as justice. Lock em' up and throw away the key.

Societies right to punish criminals flows from the people, and the people gave up the individual right to punish criminals with the understanding that the criminals would be punished to the satisfaction of the people.

If enough people desire the DP as a form of punishment, and that is taken away without their consent, they may revoke the original premise of the concept of punishment being the purview of the State.

Society has every right to punish people but they do not have a right to vengeance. Justice and vengeance are not the same thing to me and nor should they be. To me and my standard of ethics and morality, the death penalty is nothing more then vengeance and vigilante "justice" is just another form of vengeance. Besides, I believe most people die on death row and not from the actual sentence being carried out.

Society has every right to punish people but they do not have a right to vengeance. Justice and vengeance are not the same thing to me and nor should they be. To me and my standard of ethics and morality, the death penalty is nothing more then vengeance and vigilante "justice" is just another form of vengeance. Besides, I believe most people die on death row and not from the actual sentence being carried out.

You are not the person who was mugged, or had a love one shot by some crackhead. Justice is designed to allow the State to provide vengeance to those who want it, be it incarceration, restitution, or the death penalty.

For the people intimately involved, justice without some component of vengeance is not justice at all, and if it does not meet their requirements, it may lead to them seeking it by their own hands.

You are not the person who was mugged, or had a love one shot by some crackhead. Justice is designed to allow the State to provide vengeance to those who want it, be it incarceration, restitution, or the death penalty.

For the people intimately involved, justice without some component of vengeance is not justice at all, and if it does not meet their requirements, it may lead to them seeking it by their own hands.

This is exactly why we do not let the victims involved decide the sentencing for these monsters. The sense of vengeance clouds the mind and it seeks only to satisfies some base emotion. Spending the rest of your life behind bars, without parole, and the total loss of freedom is a just punishment in my opinion. Death is far too easy for these people.

My uncle was murdered many years ago and at sentencing some times the judge will allow members of the family to address the court and give their opinions on sentencing. They did so in that case and I was one of a small handful of family members allowed to addressed the court. I asked the court to spare the life of this monster. Having him executed would not have brought my beloved family member back and would have given me no satisfaction whatsoever. What gave me satisfaction is knowing that he will never be free again and forced to live out his days in a cell. To me, that is justice. Others can and may dispute that reasoning but that is my view on the subject.

That being said, I have to thank you. We disagree from time to time on several issues and despite that you always keep it civil and respectful. That is a rare quality one finds around here. Cheers!

good they finally got the white christian terrorist!!

Pennsylvania State Police also believe that Frein made several trips to South-Central Europe, and Frein was pictured in front of the Church of Saint Sava in Belgrade, Serbia, the largest Orthodox Christian church in the world
AR-140919762.jpg
is it just me or does he in some strange way resemble Ronald mc Donald ?

I agree.

Over time the consequence of total isolation and sensory deprivation would be maddening cruelty and should be reserved for the most wanton and despicable criminals, such as George W. Bush and his conspirators.

Eric Frein should be shot. Nothing more and nothing less. He didn't torture anyone so there is no reason to torture him.

Try him, convict him, and promptly execute him.

I agree.

Over time the consequence of total isolation and sensory deprivation would be maddening cruelty and should be reserved for the most wanton and despicable criminals, such as George W. Bush and his conspirators.

Eric Frein should be shot. Nothing more and nothing less. He didn't torture anyone so there is no reason to torture him.

Try him, convict him, and promptly execute him.

If you're going after Dubya, make sure when they strap him in the chair that Slime Willy is sitting on his lap.

I'd give any convicted person ONE appeal to make sure they had a competent attorney, that the evidence was presented to the defense before the jury, that the jury was neutral before the trial began, and there is ZERO doubt the person convicted did the crime. Then shoot him. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back