Did Biden add 13 million jobs or were the 13 million RE-HIRED employees that were let go due COVID ?

Biden didn’t “create” 15 million new jobs, much of that was just job recovery.

Well, if you are going to play that game……
Biden didn’t “create” inflation, gas prices or the price of a Big Mac

Real(accounting for inflation) wages are down under Biden. What more do you need to know?

Wages rarely keep up with jumps in inflation
But they eventually catch up

As a retiree I ended up with more net income
Major expenses like mortgage, car payments and insurance stayed the same.
Food and eating out are a small part of my monthly expenses
i dont believe your ins stayed the same ....especially car ins....and food is a small part of your expenses?...you must eat very little....or you dont want to pay the inflated prices....

Jobs vs employees. We know employment statistics, now, show us how many of those 15 million jobs were newly created after the pandemic, vs how many were just people returning to pre pandemic employment.

It is not difficult, total employed peaked at 152,309,000 prior to COVID. We now sit at 158,286,000. So, since June of 2022 when we caught back up to pre-COVID numbers 5,977,000 more people are employed.

In other words had Trump won in 2020, the jobs numbers would look largely the same. Would dems have also given him credit for all of those jobs “created”? Of course they wouldn’t.

Correct, they would not be. And all you would be giving Trump all the credit for those jobs, even though you will not do so for Biden. Tis the nature of being a partisan drone.

It is not difficult, total employed peaked at 152,309,000 prior to COVID. We now sit at 158,286,000. So, since June of 2022 when we caught back up to pre-COVID numbers 5,977,000 more people are employed.

Correct, they would not be. And all you would be giving Trump all the credit for those jobs, even though you will not do so for Biden. Tis the nature of being a partisan drone.
when it comes to this stuff eagle you are pretty partisan....

As a retiree I ended up with more net income
Major expenses like mortgage, car payments and insurance stayed the same.
Food and eating out are a small part of my monthly expenses

Sure, if you are living off gains in the market, you are doing better. The tech(AI) boom is a real thing that is lifting markets, though not related to Biden. My retirement money has been doing well, however, not as well when annualized accounting for the huge downturn in 22’.

Keep in mind, most Americans don’t have a significant amount of money in the market. Most live paycheck to paycheck and inflation has hurt them dearly. My family has felt the inflation and we are higher income earners. I can only imagine the effect on the average to below average earners.

Wages rarely keep up with jumps in inflation
But they eventually catch up

They won’t catch up if Biden keeps feeding the beast by spending more and more money. Spending taxpayer money to hire government workers who are paid with taxpayer money is not a solution.

you told me you were well off.....so how many lower income people do you know?....

I guess that would depend on your definition of lower income. Almost everyone I know are lower income than my wife and I.

They won’t catch up if Biden keeps feeding the beast by spending more and more money. Spending taxpayer money to hire government workers who are paid with taxpayer money is not a solution.

So your solution is to vote into office the guy that doubled the deficit handed him even before COVID hit? The guy that whined that the Govt was not sending enough free money to people?

So your solution is to vote into office the guy that doubled the deficit handed him even before COVID hit? The guy that whined that the Govt was not sending enough free money to people?

Both spend too much money. There is no question about that.

The difference is that Biden believes that government spending can be offset by higher taxes while Trump believes that government spending can be offset by lower taxes. Both are wrong in that spending needs to be cut regardless, but Biden’s plan exacerbates the problem in the long term. Raising taxes is a short term boon but a long term loss, as the economy slows and less tax revenue is generated. Lowering taxes is a short term loss, as less tax revenue is generated, but a long term gain as the economy boons.

I do agree that both parties need to cut spending.

Well, if you are going to play that game……
Biden didn’t “create” inflation, gas prices or the price of a Big Mac

Kind of, presidents don’t “create jobs”, but their policies can have an effect on the conditions that help spur job growth, just like their policies can have an affect on what drives inflation.

You dont have to wonder. That data is out there. It’s fewer multi-job holders than Trump had. What now?

Now I see you can’t read a graph

Ok, so then Biden didn’t create 15 million new jobs. It appears we have about a 6 million growth in jobs, which is about average. Trump was around 6 million and Obama was actually higher at 8 million.

Presidents don’t create jobs, they can help spur job growth but ultimately, attributing job creation to a president is a bit misleading..in my opinion.

Biden should get all of the credit for the policies his administration came up with to help drive job growth, just like any other president, but saying he created 15 million jobs isn’t a truth. Most of those were people returning to work.

Presidents don’t create jobs, they can help spur job growth but ultimately, attributing job creation to a president is a bit misleading..in my opinion.

I agree 100%, which is why you will not see me every give them credit for such things.

That would be impossible. Nobody knows how many jobs jobs were in America pre and post pandemic, we can just rely on the sources that show the growth number post pandemic, and the articles that point to job ‘recovery’, which is what it was.

When a job ends people are discharged and the job no longer exists. When a similar job is opened it is a position created.

How many government workers has Biden hired?

Not many

Kind of, presidents don’t “create jobs”, but their policies can have an effect on the conditions that help spur job growth, just like their policies can have an affect on what drives inflation.
Biden invested $1.2 trillion in infrastructure

Forum List

Back