Did Biden's Job Get Harder or Easier Because of the Insurrection Attempt Today?

Has Biden's Job Gotten Easier or Harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not too early to start talking about the political upside. I wonder where the board is on the path forward. Keep in mind the senate also is in Dem hands. I know that made it much easier. But I'm more curious about the opposition.

:rolleyes:

There was no planned insurrection attempt, the President never told the people to forcefully enter the Capital building, in fact he told them to stop the violence.

It was a rally/protest that showed a few people got out of hand, but most of the crows remained peaceful the entire time.

I'm sure the crows were peaceful. The mob? Broke windows, vandalized buildings, interrupted the work of Congress. In this case, they tried to stop the duly elected President from being confirmed.

It was a peaceful protest, we saw them all summer long, breaking windows, looting, setting things on fire, blocking building entrances, taking down statues, seizing other’s property, beating up transvestites, pulling people from cars and beating the shit out of them, shooting people, yet, just another, what the left has called peaceful protest. My definition of both was rioting but, I was shown the errors of my ways, by the left here on this very board, so I have learned by the left standards this was a peaceful, love filled protest and I don’t need to worry about it. This is all normal. Why worry?

Rioting to take a TV set and rioting to stop a duly elected President from being installed is the same thing in your book skippy?
Rioting to stop a stolen election is obviously more honorable than rioting to steal a TV.
Nothing was stolen. Stop it with the nonsense.

Not too early to start talking about the political upside. I wonder where the board is on the path forward. Keep in mind the senate also is in Dem hands. I know that made it much easier. But I'm more curious about the opposition.

There was no planned insurrection attempt, the President never told the people to forcefully enter the Capital building, in fact he told them to stop the violence.

It was a rally/protest that showed a few people got out of hand, but most of the crows remained peaceful the entire time.

I'm sure the crows were peaceful. The mob? Broke windows, vandalized buildings, interrupted the work of Congress. In this case, they tried to stop the duly elected President from being confirmed.

It was a peaceful protest, we saw them all summer long, breaking windows, looting, setting things on fire, blocking building entrances, taking down statues, seizing other’s property, beating up transvestites, pulling people from cars and beating the shit out of them, shooting people, yet, just another, what the left has called peaceful protest. My definition of both was rioting but, I was shown the errors of my ways, by the left here on this very board, so I have learned by the left standards this was a peaceful, love filled protest and I don’t need to worry about it. This is all normal. Why worry?

Rioting to take a TV set and rioting to stop a duly elected President from being installed is the same thing in your book skippy?
Rioting to stop a stolen election is obviously more honorable than rioting to steal a TV.
The election or TV? Which is more important?

Rioting is rioting, they weren’t peaceful protest, none of it is good or right. It was all wrong, over the summer and yesterday, that a person can declare one right and the other wrong is pure BS. Protest your heart out over anything you want, anything beyond that is wrong. Got it skippy?
You're correct that both are wrong. But clearly a property crime is much less serious than thwarting due process.

The election of course. The free and fair election where Biden got 81M votes, the Democrats won control of the Senate and kept the House. AKA blue wave.

Surfs up baby!

The election of course. The free and fair election where Biden got 81M votes, the Democrats won control of the Senate and kept the House. AKA blue wave.

Surfs up baby!
At least we agree that stealing an election is more important than stealing a TV.

136825792_10159583591717923_2082210439497621763_n.jpg

Funny, Dems cheered illegal protesters during Bret Kavanaugh hearings in the Captiol.

Yup and they were totally quiet about the rioters in Portland, Seattle and Indi. Never said a word about rioters looting, murdering and burning businesses to the ground. What a pack of hypocrites.

Surfs up baby!
At least we agree that stealing an election is more important than stealing a TV.
We also agree you tried to steal an election today. It didn't work. Sucks to be you. 306-232

Surfs up baby!
We need more insurrection not less.

However, I expect the state to impose even greater violations of our constitutional rights, as a consequence of this. The Police state is coming and many Americans will slavishly submit to it.

That's actually a very hard question. There are about 20000 variables to consider.

Does what happened create enough disaffected Republicans to reduce Trupism to the fringe?Or do enough voters keep their confidence in him to keep it the predominant force on the right?

Does what happened force the Biden administration to pursue charges against him? The pressure to do so was already promising to be intense but after yesterday it might be deemed the only possible course of action. And its very hard to say how that will play out.

Does yesterday make Republicans more perceptive to a less confrontational style of politics? Since the end result of zero sum politics has now threatened their own personal safety?

I can think of many more variables but the point is that we are now in truly uncharted territory and predicting anything seems a fools errand.

All great points. Bravo.

I will only address the first one. Create enough disaffected Republicans? I think his "soft" supporters already left. His core? I don't think these sociopaths think there was anything wrong with what they saw today.
The Georgia election was still close. Over 100 hundred house members still voted to oppose Bidens win, this after they where convened again. He had something like 90 percent approval among Republicans this despite in my opinion a presidency that had dozens if not over a hundred scandals that would have sunk any other precidency. I'm not sure there's such a thing like a "soft" supporter. At least not in a significant quantity.

he Georgia election was still close. Over 100 hundred house members still voted to oppose Bidens win, this after they where convened again. He had something like 90 percent approval among Republicans this despite in my opinion a presidency that had dozens if not over a hundred scandals that would have sunk any other precidency. I'm not sure there's such a thing like a "soft" supporter. At least not in a significant quantity.

In two years, most of you will be denying you ever voted for him.

Rioting is rioting, they weren’t peaceful protest, none of it is good or right. It was all wrong, over the summer and yesterday, that a person can declare one right and the other wrong is pure BS. Protest your heart out over anything you want, anything beyond that is wrong. Got it skippy?
You're correct that both are wrong. But clearly a property crime is much less serious than thwarting due process.

Depends, do you believe the due process is morally wrong or corrupt? Did you think the Boston Tea party was wrong? Do you believe fighting for the freedom of America was wrong?

The process by which we became America was filled with acts that happened yesterday and protests are a way to get attention of a wrong. There are those that really believe the election was stolen, I don’t believe so but I’m not them. There are those that police unjustly target and kill blacks, I don’t believe so but I’m not them.

We need to understand the whys, looking back on the American Revolution, it’s was sedition but did that make it wrong and make those that supported it wrong? England believed it was wrong. Was it? My point is right and wrong are ever changing and ever evolving, I believe all violence is wrong, but that belief would not of served me well during a revolution.

Last edited:
Depends, do you believe the due process is morally wrong or corrupt? Did you think the Boston Tea party was wrong? Do you believe fighting for the freedom of America was wrong?

Rich guys who didn't want to pay their taxes and wanted to keep owning slaves... I'm not sure why we are proud of this.

The process by which we became America was filled with acts that happened yesterday and protests are a way to get attention of a wrong. There are those that really believe the election was stolen, I don’t believe so but I’m not them. There are those that police unjustly target and kill blacks, I don’t believe so but I’m not them.

Guy, there was no excuse for what happened yesterday. We have a process. The process is we hold elections, pick electors, and if you really think that something is amiss, you go to court with actual evidence. Trump instigated a riot against the legitimate constitutional process for selecting presidents. When it got out of control, his first thought wasn't to calm the situation down, it was to whine one more time about how unfair it was to him.

We need to understand the whys, looking back on the American Revolution, it’s was sedition but did that make it wrong and make those that supported it wrong? England believed it was wrong. Was it? My point is right and wrong are ever changing and ever evolving, I believe all violence is wrong, but that belief would not of served me well during a revolution.

Actually, most revolutions kind of suck, just ask the French or the Russians. Ours resulted in the Genocide of Native Americans, the continuation of slavery for decades longer than it should have happened.

I can't get all weepy eyed the Founding Slave Owners saved us from the Abject Horror of being Canadians.

Nothing changed, America's enemies just made themselves clear and known.

he Georgia election was still close. Over 100 hundred house members still voted to oppose Bidens win, this after they where convened again. He had something like 90 percent approval among Republicans this despite in my opinion a presidency that had dozens if not over a hundred scandals that would have sunk any other precidency. I'm not sure there's such a thing like a "soft" supporter. At least not in a significant quantity.

In two years, most of you will be denying you ever voted for him.
Uh... who said I voted for him? An argument was presented to me I didn't agree with. I simply stated my reasons for disagreeing.

It's the reason I like to be on this board, and I can do so without ideology having to be a part of it.

Nothing changed, America's enemies just made themselves clear and known.
The Georgia runoffs were the big plus. I wonder if some of the cabinet announcement personnel would have changed had Joe known that he would have a favorable senate.

I think the tone on capitol hill may be more congenial as a result.

The Georgia runoffs were the big plus. I wonder if some of the cabinet announcement personnel would have changed had Joe known that he would have a favorable senate.

I think that a lot of these Republicans might start to realize that the irrational anti-Government rhetoric that came out of the far right and Trump applies to them as much as the Democrats. Hopefully, that will be a sign to not obstruct crowd-pleasing actions.

In the coming weeks, you are going to see Covid numbers go down as the vaccines finally get distributed, businesses start to reopen and people realize that having a President who doesn't say crazy shit every day is actually kind of a nice thing.

I think that a lot of these Republicans might start to realize that the irrational anti-Government rhetoric that came out of the far right and Trump applies to them as much as the Democrats. Hopefully, that will be a sign to not obstruct crowd-pleasing actions.

In the coming weeks, you are going to see Covid numbers go down as the vaccines finally get distributed, businesses start to reopen and people realize that having a President who doesn't say crazy shit every day is actually kind of a nice thing.
Yeah, thank God for the Trump vaccines.

The incident at the Capitol will make it a cake walk for President "The nicest guy you could ever meet" Biden.

All those crocodile tears being shed by Dem politicians and media observers are not fooling anyone.

Nothing better could have happened for the Dems.

Heck! It even made President Trump finally capitulate and promise a peaceful transition (as if he had a choice).

Dang! The Dems are sooooooo lucky that Donald J. Trump won in 2016. Some other Republican candidate might have known how to play the game better and s/he would have sailed to reelection on November 3.

Instead, Dems now have realized their dream: To control all 3 branches of government (and to intimidate the Supreme Court).

Let's give the Devil His/Her due!

Forum List

Back