🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did evolution happen ?

prove it by producing it

I did not actually say it existed. I corrected your misquoting of the actual theory of evolution.
Here is proof:
"Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."
but wheres the proof of a common ancestor

I never claimed to have it. In fact, I never claimed it existed.

I simply corrected your lie about what evolution claimed
liar,,,you said we came from a common ancestor then you turned it on me instead of proving your claim

Then give me the post # where I said it. It should be simple. If I actually said we came from a common ancestor. But all I have said in this thread is that the theory of evolution does not say we came from apes, but that we have a common ancestor.

I didn't turn anything on you. You claimed the "common ancestor" thing started in the last few years. Before that they claimed we came from apes. That is an outright lie.
right here

liar,,,you said we came from a common ancestor then you turned it on me instead of proving your claim

Then give me the post # where I said it. It should be simple. If I actually said we came from a common ancestor. But all I have said in this thread is that the theory of evolution does not say we came from apes, but that we have a common ancestor.

I didn't turn anything on you. You claimed the "common ancestor" thing started in the last few years. Before that they claimed we came from apes. That is an outright lie.
no I didnt

Yes you did. I explained that the theory of evolution did not say we came from apes but that we share a common ancestor (Post #80)

To which you replied: "they only changed to that in the last few yrs since they couldnt prove we came from apes,,,just like the did with global cooling to global warming to now climate change

and they cant even show what we evolved from now so they say a common ancestor,,,

well other than we all came from a rock"

That we came from apes was a common view post-Darwin. Not sure when it went out of fashion but it was a view I was familiar with when I was at Uni. It was somewhat new about the "common ancestor" then.
Abstract
Reconstructing the behavioral shifts that drove hominin evolution requires knowledge of the timing, magnitude, and direction of anatomical changes over the past ∼6–7 million years. These reconstructions depend on assumptions regarding the morphotype of the HomoPan last common ancestor (LCA). However, there is little consensus for the LCA, with proposed models ranging from African ape to orangutan or generalized Miocene ape-like. The ancestral state of the shoulder is of particular interest because it is functionally associated with important behavioral shifts in hominins, such as reduced arboreality, high-speed throwing, and tool use. However, previous morphometric analyses of both living and fossil taxa have yielded contradictory results. Here, we generated a 3D morphospace of ape and human scapular shape to plot evolutionary trajectories, predict ancestral morphologies, and directly test alternative evolutionary hypotheses using the hominin fossil evidence. We show that the most parsimonious model for the evolution of hominin shoulder shape starts with an African ape-like ancestral state. We propose that the shoulder evolved gradually along a single morphocline, achieving modern human-like configuration and function within the genus Homo. These data are consistent with a slow, progressive loss of arboreality and increased tool use throughout human evolution.

Fossil hominin shoulders support an African ape-like last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees

Lots of stuff to find out.

Greg

I did not actually say it existed. I corrected your misquoting of the actual theory of evolution.
Here is proof:
"Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

right here

Nothing in those quoted proves that I said there was a common ancestor. I simply corrected your misconception of what the theory of evolution says.

Now produce a quote where I said the WAS a common ancestor, or shutup.

But meanwhile, tell us, when did the Theory of Evolution change from "we came from apes" to "we share a common ancestor"?

right here

Nothing in those quoted proves that I said there was a common ancestor. I simply corrected your misconception of what the theory of evolution says.

But meanwhile, tell us, when did the Theory of Evolution change from "we came from apes" to "we share a common ancestor"?
so you dont believe in evolution???

no I didnt

Yes you did. I explained that the theory of evolution did not say we came from apes but that we share a common ancestor (Post #80)

To which you replied: "they only changed to that in the last few yrs since they couldnt prove we came from apes,,,just like the did with global cooling to global warming to now climate change

and they cant even show what we evolved from now so they say a common ancestor,,,

That we came from apes was a common view post-Darwin. Not sure when it went out of fashion but it was a view I was familiar with when I was at Uni. It was somewhat new about the "common ancestor" then.
Abstract
Reconstructing the behavioral shifts that drove hominin evolution requires knowledge of the timing, magnitude, and direction of anatomical changes over the past ∼6–7 million years. These reconstructions depend on assumptions regarding the morphotype of the HomoPan last common ancestor (LCA). However, there is little consensus for the LCA, with proposed models ranging from African ape to orangutan or generalized Miocene ape-like. The ancestral state of the shoulder is of particular interest because it is functionally associated with important behavioral shifts in hominins, such as reduced arboreality, high-speed throwing, and tool use. However, previous morphometric analyses of both living and fossil taxa have yielded contradictory results. Here, we generated a 3D morphospace of ape and human scapular shape to plot evolutionary trajectories, predict ancestral morphologies, and directly test alternative evolutionary hypotheses using the hominin fossil evidence. We show that the most parsimonious model for the evolution of hominin shoulder shape starts with an African ape-like ancestral state. We propose that the shoulder evolved gradually along a single morphocline, achieving modern human-like configuration and function within the genus Homo. These data are consistent with a slow, progressive loss of arboreality and increased tool use throughout human evolution.

Fossil hominin shoulders support an African ape-like last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees

Greg

That we came from apes or that we came from a primate? I remember reading the common ancestor was a primate. But an ape is different.

right here

Twisting my words? I didn't say that.

right here

I asked a question

Attenborough is probably the greatest living Englishman and his brother ran Jurassic Park. I think he pretty much nailed the intelligent design nut.

Attenborough is probably the greatest living Englishman and his brother ran Jurassic Park. I think he pretty much nailed the intelligent design nut.

4. We Swim in the Nude: A little later in the age of Aquarius, Elaine Morgan, a TV documentary writer, claimed that humans are so different from other primates because our ancestors evolved in a different environment—near and in the water. Shedding body hair made them faster swimmers, while standing upright enabled them to wade. The “aquatic ape” hypothesis is widely dismissed by the scientific community. But, in 2013, David Attenborough endorsed it.

12 Theories of How We Became Human, and Why They’re All Wrong

Maybe "great" but what the hell does he know about evolution? I would suggest that "Evolution" is more like a term that over-arches a series of theories on genetic development. Gravity, for example, is defined by what we observe; not what it is. There are countless theories that are tested in trying to find out what it is. Evolutionists say that Evolution results in the diversity of life we see today. They test hypotheses changing one variable at a time. How it actually happens is, well, a scientific pursuit.

Believe It or Not, Science Still Can't Explain Gravity

Greg

no I didnt

Abstract

Greg

That we came from apes or that we came from a primate? I remember reading the common ancestor was a primate. But an ape is different.

Most lay writers on the subject are confused about it. Heck: I can't recall any real discussion of it between anyone who really understands it outside of Academia, and then they mostly talk about which sequences changed. But that is only quite recent.

I am still of the opinion though that Evolution is mostly just a fun thing scientists speculate about. The relevance of genetic studies is how it is applied to treatments of disease and production for commercial uses etc.

Greg

right here

I asked a question

Yes you did.

I also asked a question. I asked it several times. About your claim that the claims of evolutionists changed. Still no answer from you.

right here

I asked a question

Yes you did.

I also asked a question. I asked it several times. About your claim that the claims of evolutionists changed. Still no answer from you.
then why did I put all the question marks????

I asked a question

Yes you did.

You put the question marks there because you asked a question.

I never said you didn't ask a question. In fact, my reply started with "Yes you did".

Perhaps a remedial reading class would help you.

I asked a question

Yes you did.

I never said you didn't ask a question. In fact, my reply started with "Yes you did".

yes I did what???

do you believe in evolution???

in fact, humans and every species on earth have common ancestors.
Yes. We call Him "God"

If you're going to claim we have G-d's DNA in us ... you would have to explain how it got in there.

I wouldn't pull on that thread if I was you.
upload_2019-3-5_15-54-42.jpeg

We're all made of star dust so yeah we have God's DNA in us.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I asked a question

Yes you did.

yes I did what???

do you believe in evolution???

I quoted your post.

You said "I asked a question".
And I replied "Yes you did".

but evolution is ever changing so that way the brain dead cANT EXPLAIN Iit

any moron that thinks human evolved from a rock is a dumbass
Completely wrong. Evolution is NEVER changing natural process, just like gravity.

Any moron who thinks anyone believes humans evolved from a rock is a dumbass.
if it doesnt change then whats the process???

and whats the primordial soup if not rock soup

most evos are to dumb to even know what evo teachs
If you put a rock on the ground will it move? No. Does that mean there is no gravity?

Evolution deals only with living things, NOT how living things came to be.

Most creationists are, by choice, almost completely ignorant of just what evolution teaches.

images

Funny..... I find Creationists and Big Bang supporters have a lot in common when it comes to beliefs about Creation.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Funny..... I find Creationists and Big Bang supporters have a lot in common when it comes to beliefs about Creation.
I await your findings...
upload_2019-3-5_16-14-48.jpeg

I already covered it in an extensive thread on the subject unfortunately for you the mods closed it.

You'll have to PM the mods and see if they'd let me start a new one..... or perhaps you'd like to call me out in the Bull Ring.

*****CHUCKLE*****

The Big Bang is the best explanation, to explain observed expanding universe and background radiation.

The rules of physics didn't exist prior to the Big Bang so you could say it is very much like a creation theory.

There is no well-accepted theory on how our Universe became a singularity in the first place so anything prior to it is a total unknown.

Discoveries being made about Dark Matter could fundamentally change our explanation. The theories will always incorporate new findings.

I await your findings...[/QUOTE
The Big Bang is the best explanation, to explain observed expanding universe and background radiation.

The rules of physics didn't exist prior to the Big Bang so you could say it is very much like a creation theory.

There is no well-accepted theory on how our Universe became a singularity in the first place so anything prior to it is a total unknown.

Discoveries being made about Dark Matter could fundamentally change our explanation. The theories will always incorporate new findings.
yeah nothing exploding and making everything is a great explanation,,,NOT!!!

Forum List

Back