Did Russia "hack" the election? Four questions.

Okay, just for the hell of it, let's try to define what the question "Did Russia Hack the Election?" actually means.

If I have this right, I don't believe anyone is saying that Russia somehow got into voting booths or hacked into voting machines or computers or servers and changed votes from Hillary to Trump. If I'm wrong on that, if you believe that, please say so and provide whatever evidence you have.

I believe that what is being said is that the Russians "hacked" into Podesta's and other DNC people's email accounts via phishing and got oodles of seriously damning shit on the Democrats, spilled the beans, and here we are. They are saying that an unfriendly foreign power found and used a method of influencing opinions on a major party presidential candidate, and it may have made enough of a difference in a close race. That's it, unless I'm missing something.

So, four reasonable questions:
  1. Was Podesta, was the DNC, an easy mark for this activity, did they screw up? Yeah, it appears so.
  2. Did the Russians try to hack the RNC too? Entirely possible, no one can say for sure either way.
  3. Could all the shit that came out from the hacked emails been the final straw against Clinton, particularly in those rust belt states where Trump barely beat her and gained critical electoral votes? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable possibility.
  4. And finally, if Trump had been the one whose party's emails were hacked and Hillary won critical electoral states by a hair, would his supporters be screaming right now? Of course.
So what is YOUR definition of "hacking"?

The emails meant almost nothing. I can't remember any of them.

Hillary lost for one reason, and it is time for you and whomever voted for her to realize it. Hillary lost because of one thing, she is Hillary. For crying out loud could the nomination go to anyone that was a worse candidate then Trump?

How about the leaked locker room talk from Trump, what is that different then leaked emails that the voting public should know about.

This whole hacking shit has to be the worse butt balm ever created.
It would be helpful, for the sake of the country, to back away from the partisan political angle here and discuss whether we care that the Russians worked to influence an American presidential election.

I would think that both major parties would be outraged. That doesn't have anything to do with who won, nor does it mean that Trump gets kicked out or penalized or anything else. He won, and that's it.

The Russians fucked with our election, whether it was effective or not. They more than just tried, they were successful in at least pushing in one direction. That doesn't appear to bother the side that won, and I find that pretty troubling.

Well lets just ask this question...

If 17 intelligence agencies found out that Cuba had released RNC emails and spread fake to distort the US Election... That they also cyber attacked the Dept of Defense. Hillary was admirer of Raul and called him a great leader and pandered at every opportunity... Her Campaign Manager was heavily ties commercially to Cuban as well, but Hillary denies all ties...

I would expect fits of despair...

Okay, just for the hell of it, let's try to define what the question "Did Russia Hack the Election?" actually means.

If I have this right, I don't believe anyone is saying that Russia somehow got into voting booths or hacked into voting machines or computers or servers and changed votes from Hillary to Trump. If I'm wrong on that, if you believe that, please say so and provide whatever evidence you have.

I believe that what is being said is that the Russians "hacked" into Podesta's and other DNC people's email accounts via phishing and got oodles of seriously damning shit on the Democrats, spilled the beans, and here we are. They are saying that an unfriendly foreign power found and used a method of influencing opinions on a major party presidential candidate, and it may have made enough of a difference in a close race. That's it, unless I'm missing something.

So, four reasonable questions:
  1. Was Podesta, was the DNC, an easy mark for this activity, did they screw up? Yeah, it appears so.
  2. Did the Russians try to hack the RNC too? Entirely possible, no one can say for sure either way.
  3. Could all the shit that came out from the hacked emails been the final straw against Clinton, particularly in those rust belt states where Trump barely beat her and gained critical electoral votes? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable possibility.
  4. And finally, if Trump had been the one whose party's emails were hacked and Hillary won critical electoral states by a hair, would his supporters be screaming right now? Of course.
So what is YOUR definition of "hacking"?
Assange said it was leaked by someone in the DNC
Yes, Assange and Putin are denying it, while American intelligence agencies and American legislators who have seen the intelligence say there is no doubt Russia did it.

Assange/Putin or Americans. I guess it depends on who you want to believe.
I believe facts. Post them up. And the CIA isn't "the Americans". They have a long track record of misleading us and dragging us into all kinds of shit so no, I don't hold their opinions as Gospel. and it doesn't mean I support Putin. But that's about the speed of your toggle switch on/off brain.

Well lets just ask this question...

If 17 intelligence agencies found out that Cuba had released RNC emails and spread fake to distort the US Election... That they also cyber attacked the Dept of Defense. Hillary was admirer of Raul and called him a great leader and pandered at every opportunity... Her Campaign Manager was heavily ties commercially to Cuban as well, but Hillary denies all ties...

I would expect fits of despair...
That was an accusation, not a question. I would expect anyone with a brain to ask for evidence.

It would be helpful, for the sake of the country, to back away from the partisan political angle here and discuss whether we care that the Russians worked to influence an American presidential election.

I would think that both major parties would be outraged. That doesn't have anything to do with who won, nor does it mean that Trump gets kicked out or penalized or anything else. He won, and that's it.

The Russians fucked with our election, whether it was effective or not. They more than just tried, they were successful in at least pushing in one direction. That doesn't appear to bother the side that won, and I find that pretty troubling.

It doesn't bother them now...but when it's their emails released...

And some Republicans in congress do still seem to care, although they are few and far between.

And some Republicans in congress do still seem to care, although they are few and far between.
It all seems pretty transparent. To see people like Assange and Putin believed over Americans is a little surprising, even given how strong a stranglehold partisan politics has right now. But that's how powerful ideology can be.

It all seems pretty transparent. To see people like Assange and Putin believed over Americans is a little surprising, even given how strong a stranglehold partisan politics has right now. But that's how powerful ideology can be.

I don't disagree that it is disturbing to see Americans side with Russia over America and the American President but there is something about this President that has made the Republicans lose their minds in unprecedented ways.

I just hold out hope for the few good Republicans that aren't choosing party over country. Remember, it was Goldwater that went to Nixon and told him it was time to go. Since it is very likely that Trump is going to be 100 times worse than Nixon, we all better hope their are honorable Republicans left.

Those are the same Republicans that are pissed that Hillary didn't win. But your assumption that the RNC is just as corrupt is unsupportable (prove me wrong). The RNC wasn't playing the delegate game, rigging the debates, colluding with media, etc.

It seems that simple to you because you are that simple. Some folks wait for evidence before forming conclusions. That doesn't translate into supporting something else.

Those are the same Republicans that are pissed that Hillary didn't win. But your assumption that the RNC is just as corrupt is unsupportable (prove me wrong). The RNC wasn't playing the delegate game, rigging the debates, colluding with media, etc.

No they aren't Republicans pissed that Hillary didn't win, they are Republicans concerned that Russia tried to interfere in US elections. In other words, Americans.

No they aren't Republicans pissed that Hillary didn't win, they are Republicans concerned that Russia tried to interfere in US elections. In other words, Americans.
No, they are very vocal critics of Trump and have been from the beginning. Did you not pay attention to the whole establishment thing?

No, they are very vocal critics of Trump and have been from the beginning. Did you not pay attention to the whole establishment thing?

:lol: You think McCain and Graham are the only ones pushing for an investigation? And McCain endorsed Cheeotolini remember?

:lol: You think McCain and Graham are the only ones pushing for an investigation? And McCain endorsed Cheeotolini remember?
McCain has been a harsh critic all along, he is a big time establishment guy. But I thought we had an investigation? If not why is the US making serious allegations?

Trump does not carry the football. The military does. Trump cannot nuke anyone by himself. There are safeguards in place to prevent what you fear.
You need to disavow yourself of some of your misconception you have displayed above. Watch the 4 min. video to help yourself become better informed.
~~ The President's Nuclear Football Video - White House - HISTORY.com ~~

Trump cannot nuke someone because he's butthurt about being insulted. That was the implication I was addressing. Thank you for further knowledge. Always appreciated.
He's insane, he is a psychopath and yes he can push the little red button that the hate party sat this psychopath next to. Let me see should I believe a dumb fuck hater who knows nothing and who's comments aren't attached to reality 99% of the time or should I believe Brookings Institute "The president of the United States can, in theory, launch nuclear war by personal decision—without any checks or balances. Whether we really think any of the candidates for president in 2016 would cavalierly start a nuclear war, the bombastic and bizarre character of much of this year’s electoral debate should make us take this question seriously. Someday, the United States really could have a mentally ill president who chose to do the unthinkable. The odds are low, but we should seek to make them even lower, given the stakes at hand. Because it looks like humankind will be stuck with the nuclear bomb for many decades (if not centuries) to come, moreover, the solution to this problem cannot be simply to get rid of all existing nuclear arsenals. We need a more immediate answer." Where does electing a psychopath and putting him next to the little red button that once pushed destroys mankind rate on the stupid scale.

You keep calling me a hater and now a dumb fuck hater. You are the insane one. He's a narcissistic blowhard but has never killed anyone. If he were prone to the violence you insist, like destroyer of worlds ridiculous hyperbole, I am confident he would have displayed those character traits. You disagree. Fine. Drink the frickin "Trump = Hitler" coolaid. It just makes you ridiculous.

Again, I hate no one. You are just completely unhinged and need psychiatric help.

No one has yet been able to prove hacking of any sort. Podesta was an idiot and made his password....'password.'

A better question would be, why do felons, child molesters, illegals, Islamic Radicals, and Islamic states that practice homophobia and misogyny overwhelmingly support Hillary Clinton?

There has been no better ally for Criminal Illegals, and Islamic Jihadists that Clinton & Obama.

McCain has been a harsh critic all along, he is a big time establishment guy. But I thought we had an investigation? If not why is the US making serious allegations?

Get it through your head that this has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with Russia trying to influence a US election. There are more than just McCain and Graham that are concerned about this. YOU should be concerned about this. Every American should be concerned about this....about Wikileaks, Assange, Snowden and fucking Russia.

Imagine, just for a hot second, that China did was Russia did to help Hillary Clinton. What do you think the GOP response would have been? What would YOURS have been?

Back away for a second from your Trump love and think only as an American whose country was attacked by a foreign power in order to sway an election.

Get it through your head that this has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with Russia trying to influence a US election. There are more than just McCain and Graham that are concerned about this. YOU should be concerned about this. Every American should be concerned about this....about Wikileaks, Assange, Snowden and fucking Russia.

Imagine, just for a hot second, that China did was Russia did to help Hillary Clinton. What do you think the GOP response would have been? What would YOURS have been?

Back away for a second from your Trump love and think only as an American whose country was attacked by a foreign power in order to sway an election.
You can order your bulldyke buddy around but you have no power over me. Get that through your thick noggin.

You don't give a shit about how corrupt the Democrats are, you only care that someone spilled the beans. I happen tp care that corrupt asshole, lie and cheat to have more control over my life. The fact is that liberals are a much bigger threat to democracy than the Russians ever were.

No one has yet been able to prove hacking of any sort.
So are the 17 intelligence agencies who all agree that Russia perpetrated the hacks are all mistaken or are they lying for some reason or is it perhaps you are wrong about it while having no proof of your own at all about their lack of evidence, but just allegiance to a misconception for partisan reasons?

There are those of us who voted Trump that wouldn't be screaming if a foreign entity revealed accurate information about him.
You really don't think that, had Russia done this to the Republicans and Trump lost, that they would be complaining?

I thought the Intel "opinions" were that the RNC had also been hacked. In fact, the FBI tried to warn BOTH nearly simultaneously back in July or August..
RNC had better firewalls. Either that or they got hacked and there was nothing disturbing found to expose.

Well someone needs to sort this out. The RNC denies it. BUT the same "Intelligence Agencies" that are SURE the Russians did both the hacking and release of DNC documents, APPARENTLY said with HIGH CONFIDENCE, that the RNC was hacked.

Intelligence: Russians hacked RNC too, to hurt Clinton, help Trump

By DAVID E. SANGER and Scott Shane
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded with “high confidence” that Russia acted covertly in the latter stages of the presidential campaign to harm Hillary Clinton’s chances and promote Donald Trump, according to senior administration officials.

They based that conclusion, in part, on another finding — which they say was also reached with high confidence — that the Russians hacked the Republican National Committee’s (RNC) computer systems in addition to their attacks on Democratic organizations, but did not release whatever information they gleaned from the Republican networks.

My question is -- if they got this wrong -- how HIGH is the confidence really? :happy-1:

Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy about the safe hands we all are in??

:mad-61:

I'd like to know why you are so opposed to the federal intelligence agencies being right... and want them to be wrong? Not trying to be a dick... but it sure seems like you have an ax to grind.
well if I may, It started with the Washington Post and then the agencies following them and not vice versa. Why is it the Washington Post was privy to info the agencies weren't? Why wasn't the DNC server looked at by the FBI? why was the initial report about helping votes? OMG, you don't get it at all.

No one has yet been able to prove hacking of any sort.
So are the 17 intelligence agencies who all agree that Russia perpetrated the hacks are all mistaken or are they lying for some reason or is it perhaps you are wrong about it while having no proof of your own at all about their lack of evidence, but just allegiance to a misconception for partisan reasons?
yes!! The supposed hack was in the summer of 2015, why is it now important in 2017?

Well someone needs to sort this out. The RNC denies it. BUT the same "Intelligence Agencies" that are SURE the Russians did both the hacking and release of DNC documents, APPARENTLY said with HIGH CONFIDENCE, that the RNC was hacked.

Intelligence: Russians hacked RNC too, to hurt Clinton, help Trump

By DAVID E. SANGER and Scott Shane
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded with “high confidence” that Russia acted covertly in the latter stages of the presidential campaign to harm Hillary Clinton’s chances and promote Donald Trump, according to senior administration officials.

They based that conclusion, in part, on another finding — which they say was also reached with high confidence — that the Russians hacked the Republican National Committee’s (RNC) computer systems in addition to their attacks on Democratic organizations, but did not release whatever information they gleaned from the Republican networks.

My question is -- if they got this wrong -- how HIGH is the confidence really? :happy-1:

Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy about the safe hands we all are in??

:mad-61:

I'd like to know why you are so opposed to the federal intelligence agencies being right... and want them to be wrong? Not trying to be a dick... but it sure seems like you have an ax to grind.

I have a very regard for them. And I FEAR -- they are losing credibility due to political posturing and shenanigans. That's my "axe"... I don't want to see THEM dragged down into the same tribal pit fight that the FBI recently got into.. Is that OK with you? Why don't you tell us WHY we still dont know about their "high confidence that the RNC was hacked by the Russians"..

Aren't YOU worried by that??

The RNC has admitted that there was an attempted hack. Why don't you instead worry about how the RNC knows that there was an attempted hack, but that they weren't successfully hacked? How do they know they weren't actually hacked? Because information wasn't released publicly? You ever think that maybe, just maybe the Russians did get info but they are saving it to use as blackmail? Wouldn't it make sense to get the President in that you want by releasing hacked into on the other party... and then saving the information on the party you got into power for a later date as blackmail power? I'm just spitballing common sense here...

No the RNC didn't acknowledge it. In fact Priebus DENIED it. The FBI says "it didn't happen" , but all those intel agencies have "HIGH CONFIDENCE" that it happened without apparently ever LOOKING at the servers. The same "high confidence" they have that only Russia infiltrated the DNC machines. MORE machines they never personally analyzed.

What's wrong with that picture?

State Intel groups hardly EVER release captured information. Because of the danger of comprising their sources and methods. It IS generally used as blackmail and leverage in negotiations.
Hey ding bat Small Hands Rump has admitted that Russia hacked the dems. Keep up
he did? LOL. You should learn to read.

Forum List

Back