Did Trump lose his security clearance when Biden became president?

There is a "process" for declassifying documents. Trump apparently ignored that process. The DOJ/FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago had nothing to do with "classifications" - it had to do with the fact that Trump had removed/stole government property that belongs to the American people.
There is no "process" when it comes to the President. He or she may CHOOSE to follow the formal process...but the President is the Original Authority when it comes to security classification. All other persons tasked to classify documents operate via delegation of that authority from the Office of the President.

There is no "process" when it comes to the President. He or she may CHOOSE to follow the formal process...but the President is the Original Authority when it comes to security classification. All other persons tasked to classify documents operate via delegation of that authority from the Office of the President.

Even if they don't follow the process, unclassified documents still get marked up as unclassified. The FBI will be able to determine which documents are still classified and which ones are not.

When senior officials leave government — on good terms; former FBI director James B. Comey lost his clearance after being fired — there has been an informal standard ofis continuing to grant clearance for the rest of their careers. Those clearances go through a review process every five years, but it’s common.

Security Clearances are extended to former officials on a case by case basis. Partly as a courtesy and partly because their opinion could be of use to the current Administration

Trump was NOT on good terms and no one in the Admin wants his opinion

Even if they don't follow the process, unclassified documents still get marked up as unclassified. The FBI will be able to determine which documents are still classified and which ones are not.
And he can't do it merely my "thinking" it

Now, go suck on your toes too...brat No, there is NO process. Do tell us the process. You can't because there is none or you would have referenced it. Now, go suck on your toes some more...brat

You are pitifully stupid. There IS a process. It has been widely reported on CNN, MSNBC and many other sane media outlets. Google it...

Presidential Power to Declassify Information, Explained

Last edited:
You are pitifully stupid. There IS a process. It has been widely reported on CNN, MSNBC and many other sane media outlets. Google it...

Presidential Power to Declassify Information, Explained

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: CNN or MSNBE...The Communist News Network and MSLSD!!! They have been wrong on every issue Trump and continue to be. Democrats are now getting worried because this again was a political move that the people now understand the motive of such things. Garland and Rey need to resign immediately. So does Biden since he authorized the raid of a political foe. He's become a leader through tyranny.

If there is no protocol needed, then there would never be any evidence needed as well. Like I said, Congress nor anyone else needs to know. Just the President. Now, as the video shows, most of the time while a President is in office, they will go to various heads of departments and discuss this with them. But, the department heads have no authority to declassify as the Constitution gives only the President that authority. So, no. No evidence is needed.
So when Sandy Berger was stuffing documents in his pants he could have just said Clinton declassified it, and Clinton could say yes he did and that is that?

No.

At this point you have a private citizen, with documents that are illegal to have, claiming he declassified them in his former job (after denying he had them) but no evidence from anyone or any documentation that he did so. He is not currently the president. Why would you believe him Paricularly given the content of those documents?

The real problem here is that the rules (not laws) that govern these things are based on an assumption of common decency and respect for the institution he serves and represents. We have never a president lime Trump, who completely lacks that and serves only himself.

So when Sandy Berger was stuffing documents in his pants he could have just said Clinton declassified it, and Clinton could say yes he did and that is that?

No.

At this point you have a private citizen, with documents that are illegal to have, claiming he declassified them in his former job (after denying he had them) but no evidence from anyone or any documentation that he did so. He is not currently the president. Why would you believe him Paricularly given the content of those documents?

The real problem here is that the rules (not laws) that govern these things are based on an assumption of common decency and respect for the institution he serves and represents. We have never a president lime Trump, who completely lacks that and serves only himself.

Trump's defense...

I don't have any classified documents; but if I do, I declassified them when I was president; but if I didn't, I still have Executive Privilege; but if I don't, the raid of Mar-a-Lago was illegal because they took my passports; but if it wasn't, this is just a hoax, perpetrating a witch hunt by the deep state; but if it's not, the FBI, led by a man I appointed, planted the classified documents; but even if they didn't, the classified documents were just souvenirs anyway; but even if they're not, I was cooperating fully with the government; but even if I wasn't, Barack Hussein Obama did worse; but even if he didn't, I gave a standing order that all classified documents are declassified when they leave the Oval Office; but even if I didn't, I'm still the rightful president anyway because Democrats stole the 2020 election from me; but even if they didn't, I was just trolling the left; so there, neener, neener, neener! It doesn't matter because I still won't lose any support from the right.

If so, that makes the classified documents at Mar-a-Lago even more seriously illegal. Does anyone know for sure?

US presidents don't really have security clearances. They lose the privilege they enjoy when their term is over. They no longer have access to classified or top secret documents.

Trump's defense...

I don't have any classified documents; but if I do, I declassified them when I was president; but if I didn't, I still have Executive Privilege; but if I don't, the raid of Mar-a-Lago was illegal because they took my passports; but if it wasn't, this is just a hoax, perpetrating a witch hunt by the deep state; but if it's not, the FBI, led by a man I appointed, planted the classified documents; but even if they didn't, the classified documents were just souvenirs anyway; but even if they're not, I was cooperating fully with the government; but even if I wasn't, Barack Hussein Obama did worse; but even if he didn't, I gave a standing order that all classified documents are declassified when they leave the Oval Office; but even if I didn't, I'm still the rightful president anyway because Democrats stole the 2020 election from me; but even if they didn't, I was just trolling the left; so there, neener, neener, neener! It doesn't matter because I still won't lose any support from the right.

You did that perfectly.

No.

Was Berger brought up on charges? Nope. But, again, this is a red herring. Berger was actually stealing. Clinton did not say that the documents were declassified. So, again, a red herring. Obama did not declassify what Hillary took to her home either. But, this is not another person with Trump. It was Trump who was moving and had the movers remove the documents that he said he declassified. End of story.

There some documents that even the president can't declassify and those were part of what was found in Trump's possession. This is pretty serious.

And McQuade, the former US attorney, pointed out that the affidavit said some of the classified materials Trump had in his possession were marked ORCON, or "originator controlled," meaning they cannot be declassified without the permission of the agency they came from.

More importantly, though, even if Trump had declassified the materials in his possession, it likely wouldn't matter — and the FBI's affidavit said as much.

Specifically, it pointed out that Section E of the Espionage Act, one of the three laws Trump is suspected of having violated, makes it a crime to retain any government records pertaining to the US's national defense, regardless of classification level.

Was Berger brought up on charges? Nope. But, again, this is a red herring. Berger was actually stealing. Clinton did not say that the documents were declassified. So, again, a red herring. Obama did not declassify what Hillary took to her home either. But, this is not another person with Trump. It was Trump who was moving and had the movers remove the documents that he said he declassified. End of story.
Yes. He was.

Thanks for the update. Berger was not the President and Clinton, as I said, did not declassify those documents. Trump did.
There is zero evidence Trump did and some of those documents can only be declassified by the originating agency.

Forum List

Back