Did We Betray The Kurds For Trump Towers?

I hope Trump chokes to death on the blood money he gets from Turkey. He gave the green light for the massacre of civilians.
:iyfyus.jpg: Last week, you were hoping Trump choke on blood money because he was IN Syria and wouldn't leave! You ARE a fucking idiot!

Where was your anger when Obama massacred MILLIONS of civilians with his JV team, ISIS, whom he let run roughshod all over Iraq and Syria in the first place for TWO YEARS as millions more fled into Europe and trillions in irreplaceable historical artifacts were destroyed, women raped, children killed, towns pillaged leading to the original problem?

Is this one of those threads where the OP only wants to hammer Trump, not realizing that Obama did the same damn thing?

Every time Trump does something heinous, he makes the false claim that Obama did it first, like separating families. This just doesn't hold water, because Trump said he wasn't going to do ANYTHING that Obama did, it was all such a big failure. So why is Trump doing stuff Obama did that was the worst thing ever?

The bald truth is that Trump is doing stuff no President in history has ever done, and no patriotic American leader would EVER do. A criminal like Trump should have never been a candidate for a major political party. That's why the Electoral College exists - to keep a dangerouly immoral person from conning American voters.

Is this one of those threads where the OP only wants to hammer Trump, not realizing that Obama did the same damn thing?

Every time Trump does something heinous, he makes the false claim that Obama did it first, like separating families. This just doesn't hold water, because Trump said he wasn't going to do ANYTHING that Obama did, it was all such a big failure. So why is Trump doing stuff Obama did that was the worst thing ever?

The bald truth is that Trump is doing stuff no President in history has ever done, and no patriotic American leader would EVER do. A criminal like Trump should have never been a candidate for a major political party. That's why the Electoral College exists - to keep a dangerouly immoral person from conning American voters.

Sure, get back to us when you clean up your own fricken country.

Our national interests do not lie in helping Kurds cut swaths of land out of multiple sovereign nations for the purpose of establishing their own country. The Kurds are considered terrorists/ rebels on both sides of the border. And rightly so...

So the Kurds numbering about 35 million people are all terrorists? The Kurds are a distinct ethnic group who has lived right in that area for ever. Long before there was a Turkey or Syria.That is basically their land, much more so than what the Palestinians are claiming. They are one of the most pro- US populations in the middle east, support womens' rights and other western ideas. Don't really know how far these Turkish strikes are going to go. Hopefully they will only be limited to the border region, but should Erdogan decide to slaughter everyone and call it fighting terrorism we will see what a horrendous mistake this is.
Kurds are known as terrorists by who? Turkey and Syria? Iran? wow! Im sure there are a small group of them who use terrorist tactics against Turkey but I'm not for labeling that whole population that way.

Our national interests do not lie in helping Kurds cut swaths of land out of multiple sovereign nations for the purpose of establishing their own country. The Kurds are considered terrorists/ rebels on both sides of the border. And rightly so...

So the Kurds numbering about 35 million people are all terrorists? The Kurds are a distinct ethnic group who has lived right in that area for ever. Long before there was a Turkey or Syria.That is basically their land, much more so than what the Palestinians are claiming. They are one of the most pro- US populations in the middle east, support womens' rights and other western ideas. Don't really know how far these Turkish strikes are going to go. Hopefully they will only be limited to the border region, but should Erdogan decide to slaughter everyone and call it fighting terrorism we will see what a horrendous mistake this is.
Kurds are known as terrorists by who? Turkey and Syria? Iran? wow! Im sure there are a small group of them who use terrorist tactics against Turkey but I'm not for labeling that whole population that way.
Not all. But the ones fighting sovereign nations, in an effort to carve out their own independent state, sure are according to the countries whose land is at stake.

Did we betray the Kurds for Trump Towers? | Editorial

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

And astonishingly, Trump is now abandoning them to die.

[snip]

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?
Where’s your precious UN?

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

[snip]

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?

Trump definitely betrayed the Kurds. I'm sure our allies are closely watching Trump's foreign policy clusterfuck.

....Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?

No.

Did you miss the entire campaign, where he ran on a platform of bring the troops home?

The only question is, why it took so long.

With all due respect I have to disagree with fellow conservatives on this one here. While I understand Trumps protectionism here, and probably the fact that we have two military bases inside Turkey itself, We should have stood stronger than this against Turkey.

Yes we dont want to be there forever, and yes we dont really want to be the worlds policeman, but we were already over there. In the last 5 years... 11,000 Kurds died on our behalf.... in our interest of locking down ISIS while we only lost 6 military personel during that time.... If we had told them we were going to leave them hanging like this at the end, does anyone think they would have fought quite as hard? trusted us quite as much? I've been listening this afternoon to special forces and other military personel who have fought with them or otherwise worked with them, and to a man, they are all sick over this decision as the Kurds are about the only other people we can trust over there outside of the Israelis. One guy saying when our fighters needed a reprieve they could turn in their weapons in a Kurdish village and walk around safe, completely protected. Hell they were probably safer there than in Detroit, at least the death rate would confirm that.

And anyway, yes, it is inevitable that we remove those troops. But not in this way. Not opening them up to being over run. That is why our armed service people who fought with them are so upset as well. We are betraying a friend who for some reason has earned the respect of our own soldiers in a way you don't see with Iraqi and Afghan so called allies. Exactly how much fighting was going on at the Turkish border that we needed to suddenly remove them?I don't think much at all. It was under control.

Maybe we ought to pull all our troops out of Korea as well? Let those two go at it? Seems to me the Kurds have been just as much a friend as the S. Koreans, at this point they are probably better allies than the French, at least they are willing to put their lives on the Line. How much support did we get from the French in Iraq? I don't think they helped us much at all, not as much as providing a bagel.

So here it comes down to we are giving into an Islamist Erodan letting him call an entire population terrorists because its much easier to bomb that way. Seems to me there are many other hotspots in the Middle east we could have brought troops home from, that would have had much much much less of an immediate effect like we are seeing .
I agree with a lot of what Trump has done, but not this one. Perhaps he has some behind the scenes pressures we are unaware of. maybe Erodan threatened our military bases, but even so I think we should have hung a little tougher for those guys who were willing to get killed on our behalf.
I'm sorry guys but I'm still very confused by this move.

[snip]

Save OUR blood!

[snip]

The Kurds had their own bone to pick with ISIS and so we worked together while ISIS was our target, as well. Now ISIS holds no territory; Trump says they're history. Turkey keeps getting hit by Kurdish terrorists; they want a "buffer" zone to keep the Kurds off their borders.

I can see both sides of this and I also want us to get the hell out of the Middle East. Every single one of our military personnel that goes there risks their life for what? What has our intervention over there ever achieved in the long run? ISIS keeps reappearing like a highly resistant germ, of course, because you can't bomb an ideology.

There are two sides. I agree with your argument, too, that the Kurds were our allies and we should stand by them. But do we have a treaty to that effect, or were we just allies in time of war because the enemy of my enemy is my friend? What do you propose we do, continue to protect the Kurds indefinitely? (You know those Middle Easterners never stop fighting each other, right?) You can call me an asshole if you want, but it seems to me that both sides of this situation have good reasons.

We only need a small contingent of soldiers stationed there to keep the Turks from bombing. its not like they have to do anything there, just maintain a presence. We still have troops stationed in Japan and Germany from WW2 totaling over 60,000. and another 23 thousand in S. Korea.
I don't believe this particular move was about a hot zone like we face in Afghanistan, but more about geo politics.

twin-towers-istanbul.jpg

Gstring5000 with another out of date BS post!

[snip]

Not likely

Every time Trump does something heinous
That's funny, Trump has done something "heinous?" Name one thing!
Oh yeah. I can think of one.
He beat the smelly pants off of your Hillary in 2016. :21:
Funny thing is, it really isn't the stupid Canuck's Hillary or Trump to worry about. Maybe Canada should step up.
I guess not getting involved in a possible conflict with a country that is still officially an ally is heinous.
As far as the Kurds, they fought ISIS in their own self interest and survival which matched ours at the time. They sure as hell didn't out of some heartfelt need to help the Americans.
Unreal that there are a dozen threads of liberals, and biased msm coverage basically calling for war with an ally.
One would almost think a narrative was being pushed.

[snip]

Psychotic liar.

No sources cited
Well, except for Trump:

Forum List

Back