Did We Betray The Kurds For Trump Towers?

Did we betray the Kurds for Trump Towers? | Editorial

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

And astonishingly, Trump is now abandoning them to die.

[snip]

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?
Well, Putin Erdogan and apparently Trump all agree that single party despots have the power to label any opposition as undesirable and eliminate them.

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

[snip]

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?

Bill Clinton is the one who listed the PKK as a terror group. Trump isn't abandoning the Kurds. The democrats are siding with terrorists against a US ally so strong is their Trump hate.

[snip]

You Leftards are warmongers.

What the hell does the left really want? They hate military incursions and they celebrated when Barry Hussein announced that he would quit Afghanistan (although he never did). They practically blew up the Country during the Vietnam War (when Nixon was elected) and now they hate the thought of removing Troops from Syria. WTF?

They want an Orwellian One Party Permanent Rule Fascist State

[snip]

Trump has loyalty to one person and one person only; Donald Trump
Trump will be long gone and the US will be continue to pay for his abuse of our allies.
But he certainly treats our enemies well. Putin and Kim Jong Un do not want him to ever leave office.

The Kurds had their own bone to pick with ISIS and so we worked together while ISIS was our target, as well. Now ISIS holds no territory; Trump says they're history. Turkey keeps getting hit by Kurdish terrorists; they want a "buffer" zone to keep the Kurds off their borders.

I can see both sides of this and I also want us to get the hell out of the Middle East. Every single one of our military personnel that goes there risks their life for what? What has our intervention over there ever achieved in the long run? ISIS keeps reappearing like a highly resistant germ, of course, because you can't bomb an ideology.

There are two sides. I agree with your argument, too, that the Kurds were our allies and we should stand by them. But do we have a treaty to that effect, or were we just allies in time of war because the enemy of my enemy is my friend? What do you propose we do, continue to protect the Kurds indefinitely? (You know those Middle Easterners never stop fighting each other, right?) You can call me an asshole if you want, but it seems to me that both sides of this situation have good reasons.

Turkey regularly bought stolen oil from ISIS and didn't interdict their camps along the Turkish border. Turkey also destroyed the Iraq invasion by reneging on our 4th ID to sweep down through the Sunni Triangle. This enabled Saddam to get to the munitions dumps in the west and form the insurgency. Erdo is becoming a muslm fanatic himself. Trump has an ace up his sleeve and is waiting for Erdo to go all in before he cleans this clock.

[snip]

The Kurds had their own bone to pick with ISIS and so we worked together while ISIS was our target, as well. Now ISIS holds no territory; Trump says they're history. Turkey keeps getting hit by Kurdish terrorists; they want a "buffer" zone to keep the Kurds off their borders.

I can see both sides of this and I also want us to get the hell out of the Middle East. Every single one of our military personnel that goes there risks their life for what? What has our intervention over there ever achieved in the long run? ISIS keeps reappearing like a highly resistant germ, of course, because you can't bomb an ideology.

There are two sides. I agree with your argument, too, that the Kurds were our allies and we should stand by them. But do we have a treaty to that effect, or were we just allies in time of war because the enemy of my enemy is my friend? What do you propose we do, continue to protect the Kurds indefinitely? (You know those Middle Easterners never stop fighting each other, right?) You can call me an asshole if you want, but it seems to me that both sides of this situation have good reasons.
Let God and Israel take care of The Middle East.

The Prophecies say anyways that Russia, Turkey and Iran and some other misfits with them are going to eventually come down in to Syria, tear up Damascus, and then decide to attack Israel from there and will be utterly destroyed by God Himself.

I'd like to be here to watch that happen.

Gee, what a surprise, Trump doesn't own a property in Turkey either...dumbass.

True dat.....the owner is a Turk billionaire who has a licensing agreement with Trump. The towers are very important to Turkey's business interests and are in no danger of being trashed or occupied...false flag.

What the hell does the left really want? They hate military incursions and they celebrated when Barry Hussein announced that he would quit Afghanistan (although he never did). They practically blew up the Country during the Vietnam War (when Nixon was elected) and now they hate the thought of removing Troops from Syria. WTF?

Yeah, all 1,000 troops. Are they supposed to be human shields for the Kurds?

[snip]

I know this is labeled as an "opinion piece" but for crying out loud.. .

No sources cited
Littered with quotes taken out of context
Littered with thinly veiled contempt for President Twitter

Who wrote this article one of the grade school children of the staff writers that work for NJ.com ? The "star-ledger editorial board" needs a good smack in the mouth for publishing this shoddy piece of trash that only a moron would take seriously.
My thoughts exactly.

NightFox, you must be in a profession that requires effective writing skills with credible sourcing, because your critiques are always right in line with my own. You even make it clear that you are not defending President Spendthrift, and that your comments do not come from a position of bias.
:bow2:

Journalism?
English Teacher/Professor?
A professor at a tier 1 university?
Lawyer?
Research Scientist?
Plead the 5th?

Which is it?
:laugh:

:beer:

Turkey regularly bought stolen oil from ISIS and didn't interdict their camps along the Turkish border. Turkey also destroyed the Iraq invasion by reneging on our 4th ID to sweep down through the Sunni Triangle. This enabled Saddam to get to the munitions dumps in the west and form the insurgency. Erdo is becoming a muslm fanatic himself. Trump has an ace up his sleeve and is waiting for Erdo to go all in before he cleans this clock.
Erdo is becoming a muslm fanatic himself.
I agree.

Are you saying Turkey is a friend to ISIS? Probably because they fought the Kurds. lol

I really don't think Trump has an ace up his sleeve. I think he has wanted to pull out of Syria for awhile, although the administration says he only pulled 50 soldiers out of the area Turkey planned to bomb. THEY say he's not pulling out of Syria; there are about 1,000 troops there, but where? Where do 1,000 American soldiers hang out in a country that is not our friend? Only 50 on the ground with the Kurds? Where are they and what are they doing?

[snip]

No sources cited

Who wrote this article one of the grade school children of the staff writers that work for NJ.com ? The "star-ledger editorial board" needs a good smack in the mouth for publishing this shoddy piece of trash that only a moron would take seriously.
My thoughts exactly.

NightFox, you must be in a profession that requires effective writing skills with credible sourcing, because your critiques are always right in line with my own. You even make it clear that you are not defending President Spendthrift, and that your comments do not come from a position of bias.

Journalism?
Lawyer?
Research Scientist?
Plead the 5th?

Which is it?

Thanks big guy...

Actually it's none of the above.... Systems and Software Engineering. :)

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't" -- Anonymous

[snip]

No sources cited

My thoughts exactly.

Journalism?
Lawyer?
Research Scientist?
Plead the 5th?

Which is it?

Thanks big guy...

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't" -- Anonymous
There are plenty of citations in this topic which totally back up the OP.

Got anything smart to say now?

[snip]

No sources cited

My thoughts exactly.

Journalism?
Lawyer?
Research Scientist?
Plead the 5th?

Which is it?

Thanks big guy...

There are plenty of citations in this topic which totally back up the OP.

Got anything smart to say now?

Yeah, try reading what I wrote with a little comprehension, I was commenting directly and singularly on the NJ.com article you linked in your OP and my comment came before you started your circumstantial evidence posting frenzy.

Why don't you go re-read the NJ.com article and you'll (possibly) see what I was talking about, if you don't, take off the "I hate Donny" blinders and re-read it again, rinse, wash, repeat until the light of understanding bathes you in its warm glow.

Editorial: Trump's betrayal of the Kurds was the president at his malignant and incompetent worst

Amid concerns that Trump had given Erdogan a green light to attack the Kurds in Syria, the president returned to Twitter later on Monday to declare that “if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey.” He also has sought to rebut accusations that he is betraying the Kurds, saying on Tuesday that “in no way have we abandoned the Kurds, who are special people and wonderful fighters.”
An LA Times editorial. Are you serious? You bring it here like you are tracking a bit of dog shit on your shoe.

Forum List

Back